Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

Great location, clean and friendly atmosphere - all you could want

Great hostel with a good atmosphere! Something for every type of traveller.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Thanks for your review! Hostel has beening running around 10 years and we had travllers around different places, so we know how we could serve guests better. We hope each of guests will feel like home while they are at our hostel. welcome to Shuyuan next time!

Cleanlinees is marked Good rahter than excellent only because yards 1 and 2 are open to the sky and it rained while we were there, making things a bit slip[pery...

Thank you for your review Sarah! We were really glad to have you at hostel. Love to see you playing killer game with other guests. Still envy that you dont get bites from mosquitos, ha ha. Thank you again! Best wishes from Shuyuan Hostel!

All I can say is: amazing pizza. Kidding, that aside, the hostel is in a fantastic location and is easy to find. The staff can speak good English and are really helpful. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Very happy with our stay there!

Thank you for your review! Our hearts feel delighted that you enjoyed your time here at hostel. Welcome to hostel next time. We will still have yummy PIZZA and offer you good service! Thanks again for taking time to leave this for us, it is really encouraging! Best wishes from Shuyuan!

perfect location to explore the wall and streets around Muslim quarters! The tour Shuyuan organize are worth a go! Met many cool peeps from around the world :) thank you for your hospitality Shuyuan!

I did not socialize at much as I thought I would at a party hostel, however, I was pretty spent after long days of sight seeing in and around Xian. I took a private room which was fantastic. The staff were studious and helpful and the facilities including wifi, laundry, etc (and whatever else I used) were as good as anyone could ask for.

Excellent location, good rooms and a good atmosphere (with a popular, but non-intrusive bar downstairs and other nightlife within 5/10minutes walk. The hostel has a cafe which serves all sorts (despite a slightly moody cafe owner). The shower facilities are a little limited for the number of rooms, but we didn't seem to have a problem during our stay.

i enjoyed the yard, spot i like most. good place to chill out after walking around. autentic Chinese style of home. but the toilet spread bad smell many times wich is happen in all toilet in China. seems need more attention on it. other is good and okay. but please more CAREFULL and BEWARE about your things, passport, money, and other important things you bring. a lot of people come in and out easy because bar and restaurant are inside the hostel so outside guests can get inside hostel also.

Thanks for your review. We are happy to have you at our hostel. We are trying to make our guests feel like home. For the toliet,sorry that bothered you, we normally have some spray there to make it better. Thanks again for staying. Best wishes from Shuyuan Hostel!

Only stayed one night. But I liked it. The girls in the reception are very kind and helpful. Good location as well, next to the city wall and a 10-15 minute walk to the bell tower and muslim quarter. Huge bar underneath the hostel, didnt have time to check it out though. I would stay here again.

Thanks for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here. Our staff feel honored to help our guests. Our bar is very popular in Xi'an, it's a pity that you didnt get time to check it. Please do next time. Thank you again! Best wishes from Shuyuan Hostel!

Charming hostel, in an ancient house with 3 beautiful courtyards where people can have a break and drink. Very well located inside the city walls, just a few meters away from the south gate. We had a double bedroom with private bathroom on the second floor of the third courtyard. It was a bit smelly, and not exceptionally clean. People at the reception speak an awesome english, which is rare in China. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 29th Apr 2015

An absolutely fantastic hostel with a great Hutong vibe to it. It is very cool, the staff are very friendly and the facilities are great and cleaned regularly. There is a nice little cafe that serves some decent food but the place you want to go is Park Qin bar underneath the hostel. Live music, great atmosphere and a damn good night every night.

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to know that you had a good time at our hostel. Our bar brings a lot of fun to people and it's cool that you enjoyed that. Thank you for your comment again! Wish you could come next time. Best wishes from Shuyuan Hostel!

The location and the staff is excellent. It's very near to the Xian Great Wall, you can just walk. It's very near to the bus stop and park. The staffs are helpful. They speak English well and help me with the map and direction to the Terracota Warrior. Even, Xi Da one of the staff help me buying my train ticket out of her working time. Really appreciate it!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Indonesia

Thank you for taking your time to leave us review. We enjoyed the time here as well. Xi Da has left tor Tibet, but I guess she will be so happy to see your review. All our staff are always happy to serve our guests. we are looking forward to seeing you next time. Best wishes!

We stayed 2 nights at Shuyuan Hostel, but I wished I stayed there for a longer time. The staff was really friendly and so helpfull. Their English was also perfect. The rooms were clean and the beds were really good. I enjoyed every moment in Shuyuan Hostel.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

the hostel is very easy to find if you follow the instruction. The staff was very kind all the time we were there! The food was good in the restaurant and the tours proposed attractive ! They give us some good advice to visit (the wall in bikes was very cool )! We felt secure because the door is close and you have to ring to enter the hostel so every time somebody is wake up to open to you. The room was clean as well. It's very cheap for what we had have ! I really recommend this hostel !!

Hey, thank you for your kind review. We really appreciate that! Meanwhile we feel so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here. This really encourage our staff. We are looking forward to seeing you here next time. Best wishes!

good budget hostel

Hey there, Thank you for your review. Our hostel is the very first one at northwest China. We choosed tradational building and bought old-style furniture to make guests feel like home. We were really glad to have you here and welcome to Shuyuan Hostel next time. Best wishes!

This is a great hostel, in an excellent location very near to the main tourist entrance of the Xi'an Wall. The staff are very helpful, and were more than happy to help me plan my sightseeing and also how to get to the airport by shuttle bus. There is also an excellent bar attached to the hostel, and a cafe/restaurant. My only slight complaint is that the wifi took a while to work - I think there were a lot of people trying to access it at the same time.

Hey there! Thank you so much for your review. Your support really encourage our staff to serve all the guests. Shuyuan hostel is more than a place to sleep but a place to enjoy nice western food and enjoy music at bar. Welcome to hostel next time David! Best wishes from Shuyuan Hostel!

The room stunk because of the drainage system in the bathroom. Covering the drain with a mat, as directed by the instructions in the bathroom is not enough to quell the stench. This needs to be fixed. Also, there was a dirty, scrunched up cleaning cloth left in the room. The directions from the airport to the hostel that were given by hostelworld were incorrect. It said to catch an airport shuttle bus to the bell tower but the shuttle buses no longer go there. This needs to be corrected.

Hey there, thanks for your review and your advice. The building in Shuyuan has witnessed it's 50 years history. Therefore, it's getting older. We will make bigger mat or figure out something better to fix the drainage. Meanwhile, we will have another training for the cleaning lady to improve the quality of their service. We've changed the direction at hostelworld right after we saw your review. Thank you so much for your comments again! Welcome to Shuyuan next time. Best wishes!

I had a great time in this hostel with very nice and helpful staff ! It is close to everything you need : transport, shops, nice bars and restaurants, places to visit !

Hey there, thanks for your review and high rating! We enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. All the staff are always glad to help our guests. have a nice trip in China.Best wishes from Shuyuan Hostel.

The staff is really amazing and the hostel is located in the centre point. Its very close to other attractions.

Hey, thank you for your review! Our staff are really glad to serve for all the guests. Our hostel is close to the bell tower , drum tower and muslim street, so it is very convenient. We will keep trying our best! Best wishes from Shuyuan Hostel!

Awesome location right by the City Wall South Gate, staff were all very helpful, even when I was constantly asking questions. They've also got good tours to places like Terracotta Warriors, etc. if you don't wanna go there on your own. Keep being awesome, and thanks for all the help!

• 22nd Feb 2015

Hey there, thanks for your review! We enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Very nice Chinese! We feel honored that you are eager to learn our language! All the staff are always glad to help our guests. Hostel does organise tours and they are worth to join. Best wishes from Shuyuan Hostel.