Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

Very good hostel in 西安, clean, comfortable and cheaper. Also the bar inside is very good and the food was good. Take the vegetarian breakfast!!

Hello, thank you for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here in 西安! We are always trying to let our guests feel comfortable here, so you all could rest well during your journey. Our bar is quite famous in 西安 while the restaurant is known for the western food like pizza, paste especially for many kinds of breakfast! Thank you for your nice review again. Wish to see you next time here in 西安!

The bathroom smells stink and it came through to our bedroom

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

Hello, thank you for leaving us review. We are sorry that the bathroom bothered you. Our hostel features for the old style Chinese building, it has been a long time. So this does happen sometimes especially when it is wet outside. Now we are fixing this and make it better. Thank you for your suggestion. We are always welcome for any nice ideas to help us grow better. Best wishes from Shuyuan!

Shuyuan was a great option for me and my mate. We had a Twin room with private ensuite. The rooms were a decent size and kept us nice and warm during the cold wintery weather. The drain for the shower was a bit smelly, but not a spoiler! The staff were fantastic, went above and beyond to help us with whatever we needed! All in all, we had a great stay and if we are to return to Xian, we would definitely stay here again.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hey there, thank you for your review! We are happy that you and your friends had a nice stay here. Shuyuan team always try to make each guests feel like they are at home. Now we are fixing the drain, so next time when you are here, this wont bother. We are looking forward to seeing you all next time! Best wishes from Shuyuan hostel!

Pros- Cool hostel aesthetics Staff Places to eat, drink booze and socialize Comfortable temperature in room They help you if you suck at planning things such as preplanned tours, excursions, ideas etc. Location Active community well into late hours of the night (the staff and the bar which was packed every night I was there) -Cons The noise from the bar at night may prevent sleep until 1 or 2am (unless you are in the dorms apparently) Directions from the airport to the hostel were inaccurate

The girls at the counter were fantastic, they remembered me the entire weekend and let me pet the cat behind the counter! Only problem for me was the courtyards are really cold in the winter, so we could either hang in the bar or the cafe, but the cafe closes at 11 and the bar was packed and loud. The staff of the cafe were awesome too. Oh, and the bathrooms for the dorms are in the courtyards and so they're cold.

Staff was very nice and attentive.

I stayed at this hostel during Winter (late December) so unfortunately it was not the "party hostel" as the name might suggest haha. In fact it was extremely quiet. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, even helping me figure out which local buses to take to visit The Terracotta Warriors & other attractions rather than use the tours that they themselves offered, which were very expensive. Definitely recommend this place, but maybe don't plan your trip in the middle of winter...

Good hostel really helpful friendly staff.

I stayed on 4 different hostels throughout China and this was my absolute favorite. The staff is extremely helpful and they always wear smile.

Stayed here two nights, and not too a bad a place. The staff were great, and very friendly. And location is good inside the city walls. The beds in the 8 bed dorm, were a little rickety, but comfortable enough. One downside, and time of year, probably makes a big difference, is the bathroom is located of the open courtyard. So showering was pretty cold. There are cubicles, which are good, but as soon as the water stops you get the cold outside air.

Staff were incredibly helpful - really nice atmosphere.

• 4th Dec 2014

Good hostel, nice rooms and good showers. Staff were helpful if you ask a specific question. Quiet when we were there but it is during the off season. Sights were close ennough! I would stay here again!

Cool hostel, with a bar and a café that does great coffee. The staff were really helpful with telling me where to go and what to see and how to navigate around the city. And the location is excellent, right next to the entrance to the city walls, close to public transport links (metro and buses) and 20minute- walking distance to the Muslim Quarter (or else it's an easy, short bus ride away). Highly recommend!

stayed 3 nights. the staff was very helpful. The layout could be better since it has 3 small lobbies/courtyards and no central hangout area. The noise level was pretty average given it is a Chinese hostel.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • China

This is the best hostel I've ever been in. The location is fantastic, the stuff speaks English, the rooms are nice and clean. They have many common areas to hang up with people. It was great!

I was really happy with our stay here. Nice atmosphere - multiple rooms to chill in, then the bar connected to it is quite happening - 10yuan for shooters! The staff were also really friendly and helpful. This is exactly how I like chinese hostels to be! *we stayed in twin rooms

All round a very good hostel! Location was brilliant; close to bus stops, metro, and right next to the city wall. Staff were very friendly and spoke great English, the pizza in their restaurant is the best pizza in China!!! Hostel was very clean going by Chinese standards. Would definitely stay there again!

• 14th Nov 2014

No complaint

Very happy with choosing this place. Favourite things in xi'an were riding around the wall on bikes and heading to my huashan and doing plank in the sky. Staff here always helpful and could speak English well. We didn't have any problems checking in or asking questions. The cafe and bar are both good. Only minor annoying thing was sometimes the key cards took a bit to get them working.

Rooms were pretty cold and had a strange smell at times. Being in the second court yard it did get a little noisey being above a bar. Apart from these little things its a great place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4