Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

This is a very cool place to stay, right next to the city wall where you can bicycle on top of the wall! Bell tower in walking distance. Amazing food a cool basement bar. Bathrooms are ok, decoration and flair very nice.

It was really nice, well located and nice english speaking and helpful staff. It is a bit noisy because of the bar downstairs but there is good atmosphere.

very nice place. excellent position, helpfull staff, clean.

I loved the location of the hostel, its got a great surrounding and friendly staff. The bar downstairs is really good and very active! Indoors it feels homely and the common place is very well kept!

Good hostel with a pleasant staff. Thank you !

• 18th Oct 2014

nice building, friendly staff, good location

• 17th Oct 2014

Front staff were friendly, approachable, smiley and had good English. Very helpful and remembered my name throughout which was a nice touch. The main lady in the restaurant could maybe attempt a smile but other then that the atmosphere was great, the downstairs club was cool and the hostel had a nice feel. Pretty courtyards and was in a good location. I would definitely go back again and recommend. Best hostel so far on my trip!

Overall its a nice place but we had some fleas in our room and lobby and got eaten alive at night. It would all be good/excellent if not for the bugs.

Great location, helpful staff, and good crowd of people, bit loud at times, but overall experience was very good. One of the better hostels I've been to and would definitely recommend.

Very nice hostel, many chinese people, the bathroom aren't very clean, but still ok. the staff is very helpfull and the tour to the terracotta warrios isn't cheap but worth the money

Great hostel with a good restaurant and lively bar at night - there was very noisy building work going on right beside it however which started early in the mornings. I would recommend this hostel.

we stay there for 3 nights, everything is good, the toilet and shower room seems not meet our needs...

I would like to comment on the security. I returned from Huashan mountain to collect the rest of my luggage before going home. In doing so, I was not asked to identify myself, nor was there any supervision to collect my bag from the storage room. I would suggest there to be a lot more security surrounding possessions which have been entrusted for the hostel to guide while guests are away,

• 1st Oct 2014

Hostel is located in city centre, it's good if you want to see sights in the old city. There's a bus straight to the bus/train stations. The staff is quite nice and friendly. The wifi is fairly stable in the daytime. There's a big bar in the basement which usually has plenty of people. The whole place was a bit noisy from the bar and construction going on all day in the next building. Some places had leaking gas pipes so you could smell the gas. The toilets often smell.

The staff were very nice and helpful and they spoke and understood english quite well. Location is great and they give you a good map of the city so moving around is easy. All of the lockers in the room wasn't that good because the locks were placed badly so you could't open the one you had if the locker next to it was locked. This hostel is a cheap place to sleep but the food and drinks are expensive.

Definitely party hostel so if that what you want go for it. Here is a bar underneath that is open to the hostel so drunk locals are wandering through the hostel whenever they want. Bathrooms are pretty gross as a result, and mske absolutely sure your roommates know to keep the door locked. While I was there someone had their locker broken and stuff stolen. Still staying in the old town part of xi an is a must.

This hostel is a really good budget hostel with a great area to meet people and the staff really know what they are doing. They have two adorable cats too! I do wish they would use some of their income from the overpriced food to build more western toilets though. The squatter in the dorm areas are pretty smelly. I would also be much happier if they didn't keep birds in those tiny cages. Overall a great place to stay!

The bathroom in our room smelled of sewage. This isnt a quiet hostel: the bar is frequented by locals who use the hostel's bathrooms. When we went to the bar we were told all the tables had been reserved by locals! The private rooms near thr bar are hard to sleep in. Booking a cheap four bed dorm upstairs is the best option as bathroom was v clean. The cleaners are really friendly and most of the staff are nice and helpful. The girl on reception with the short hair and glasses is brilliant!

Convenient position, nice courtyard architecture. The room was clean. We booked a tour with them to the Jangdi Tomb, and we liked it. Wifi didn't work really well in the room (1st floor). A lot of noise at night coming from a bar close by (not the bar in the hostel, that is really cosy and nice, a bit overpriced tough). All the staff speaks English, and I think they are the only hostel that provided us a city map in China!!! Good value for money in Xian.

All the facilities you could ebpver imagine were there. There was a nice bar, a restaurant, wi-fi in all rooms. The rooms were very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. They offered me a free drink when I arrived. Some negative points: some parts of the hostel are not covered by a roof. So when it was raining the flour was wet and dirty. The food in the restaurant was expensive but good. They offer tours to see the tourists places, but these tours are expensive.

• 9th Sep 2014