Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

1999 Total Reviews

The satff was very helpful in organising my stay & activities. Free coffee- nice one; also great chocolate cake & pizza with the base as good as back home - didn't expect to find anything like it in China! Was disapointed with the level of cleanliness in the showers/ toilet - toilet roll bins should be changed more often...

Nice place, close to the bar street of Xi'an. We got a private room for three and weren't disappointed: clean and comfy. Great cafeteria, it's affordable and pretty good.

Great place to stay - bathrooms only downside! Cool bar and cool people, great location.

This Hostel is very beatiful and has typically chinese Flair. The bar in the Underground is very cool, so after a beer or two it's nort far away to your bed ;) Very nice stay there, so I would come again.

• 1st Mar 2014

Shuyuan was extremely great value for money. The staff were really friendly and willing to help, they provided us with plenty of information on Xi'an and answered all our questions. Shuyuan also has an awesome basement bar with a pool table, amazing atmosphere and delicious drinks. The room I stayed in was also very clean and the design of the hostel itself and the courtyard was something you'd like to see whilst travelling China.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Of all the hostel I stayed in on my 2 weeks trip in China, this is the only one that have a heater in the room. And I really appreciate it. Staffs were helpful.

You might want to update the instructions that you send in the email because there is construction going on so it is a bit confusing, additionally you should look into heaters or doors or curtains or something because the bathrooms are FREEZING during the winter. Otherwise the hostel is great and the restaurant attached is very yummy.

Hello, I came for 2 nights and finally stayed a week. The atmosphere is great, the staff friendly and helpful. It is a walking distance to all highlights. Definitly to recommand. and Xian is a lovely city. I wish i will go back soon.

Great for parties, not so much to sleep after said parties. =]

• 5th Feb 2014

wifi didnt work, the bath room needs to be clean.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • China

Great hostel. Very friendly people, many western people. Had great tours and was easy to find.

Super nice and helpful staff and travellers. Good, but expensive food in their restaurant. Nice bar in the basement. Calm rooms. For that price definitively a good choice!

The staff are very helpful and there are great common areas for meeting new people.

• 31st Jan 2014

Great atmosphere, very helpful staff, restaurant with great food located inside as well as a popular bar below, many tour offerings and advice/trip planning from staff, and nice rooms. Only problem was our ensuite bathroom smelled for a couple days. Great location inside city wall, near many restaurants and bars, close to subway line. Would definitely stay here again!

This hostel's value for money is simply incredible; I paid about 80€ (+ about 10€ deposit) for a whole week in Xi'an. The staff is very nice and helpful, the rooms and facilities are clean and comfortable. In some rooms, it smells a little bit awkward, but you get used to that quickly. The hostel's position right next to the South Gate is perfect; from there, you can reach every important place in the city.

• 19th Jan 2014

Sick hostel

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Wales

The stay was very nice, and the bed was cozy in the wintertime. All of the facilities were clean, with plenty of hot water to go around. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. They offer great tour packages as well. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the noise at 3 AM, but I guess I had it coming from staying at a "Party" hostel. Oh well. I would definitely stay with you again, but maybe at a sister hostel.

The bathroom smelled awful, we had to leave the window open at night time and the fan on. The stuff were nice and helpful and we went to the Muslim quarter every night

Good location and nice atmosphere, but really noisy due to night bar at the ground level right beneath the hostel itself. Also no water cup in the whole hostel.

All in all it's a good place to stay - the downside was a bit of a smell in our room, it came from the drain in the bathroom so we had to air the room every evening. Also if you staying in one of the dorms you'll have to use showers which are conveniently located in the inner yard. That is an experience I believe is truly memorable :) there's a restaurant and a pub downstairs they are quite popular among the expat community especially the pub late at night.