Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

Cool hostel, with a bar and a café that does great coffee. The staff were really helpful with telling me where to go and what to see and how to navigate around the city. And the location is excellent, right next to the entrance to the city walls, close to public transport links (metro and buses) and 20minute- walking distance to the Muslim Quarter (or else it's an easy, short bus ride away). Highly recommend!

stayed 3 nights. the staff was very helpful. The layout could be better since it has 3 small lobbies/courtyards and no central hangout area. The noise level was pretty average given it is a Chinese hostel.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • China

This is the best hostel I've ever been in. The location is fantastic, the stuff speaks English, the rooms are nice and clean. They have many common areas to hang up with people. It was great!

No complaint

Worst bed Ive EVER slept in and Im not picky. It felt like someone took a sledgehammer to the base and it was so inconsistently slanted and bumpy and horrible I slept like shit and woke up sore. We are convinced they don't use soap to clean either. Toilet smelled like piss the entire time we were there despite it having been cleaned before we arrived. Ordered breakfast in the restaurant and it was the saddest thing ever, and for 35rmb expect more. However dinner was great. Staff super helpful

What didn't realize the bathrooms/sinks were outside, and weren't quite prepared for the cold. But we had a great time staying there and really enjoyed the attached cafe. The food is a bit pricey at first glance, but totally worth it!

• 31st Oct 2014

I'm pretty sure this is the place to stay in Xi'an. There's a great bar downstairs where you can meet other westerners from the hostel but also Chinese locals, they love to come there too and are very friendly. It's a bit cold in this hostel because everything is open air, but the rooms are nice and toasty. Yes the bathrooms smell and they have squat toilets, but welcome to China. The showers are nice and hot. Staff are really friendly and helpful, they even remembered my name. Recommended!

This is a very cool place to stay, right next to the city wall where you can bicycle on top of the wall! Bell tower in walking distance. Amazing food a cool basement bar. Bathrooms are ok, decoration and flair very nice.

It was really nice, well located and nice english speaking and helpful staff. It is a bit noisy because of the bar downstairs but there is good atmosphere.

very nice place. excellent position, helpfull staff, clean.

I loved the location of the hostel, its got a great surrounding and friendly staff. The bar downstairs is really good and very active! Indoors it feels homely and the common place is very well kept!

Good hostel with a pleasant staff. Thank you !

• 18th Oct 2014

nice building, friendly staff, good location

• 17th Oct 2014

Front staff were friendly, approachable, smiley and had good English. Very helpful and remembered my name throughout which was a nice touch. The main lady in the restaurant could maybe attempt a smile but other then that the atmosphere was great, the downstairs club was cool and the hostel had a nice feel. Pretty courtyards and was in a good location. I would definitely go back again and recommend. Best hostel so far on my trip!

Overall its a nice place but we had some fleas in our room and lobby and got eaten alive at night. It would all be good/excellent if not for the bugs.

Great location, helpful staff, and good crowd of people, bit loud at times, but overall experience was very good. One of the better hostels I've been to and would definitely recommend.

Very nice hostel, many chinese people, the bathroom aren't very clean, but still ok. the staff is very helpfull and the tour to the terracotta warrios isn't cheap but worth the money

Great hostel with a good restaurant and lively bar at night - there was very noisy building work going on right beside it however which started early in the mornings. I would recommend this hostel.

we stay there for 3 nights, everything is good, the toilet and shower room seems not meet our needs...

I would like to comment on the security. I returned from Huashan mountain to collect the rest of my luggage before going home. In doing so, I was not asked to identify myself, nor was there any supervision to collect my bag from the storage room. I would suggest there to be a lot more security surrounding possessions which have been entrusted for the hostel to guide while guests are away,

• 1st Oct 2014