Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

2094 Total Reviews

Great hostel for young travellers. Clean, nice staff, nice bar. A huge common area. Would definaely come back

The dorms were a tad on the small side compared to others I stayed in, but the overall vibe was great. Main reception staff were fantastic and had wonderful English, however the cafe staff were a bit rude: I was really interested in the give books take a book idea (I'd brought a pretty bad book with me and wanted a new one) and the girl in the cafe just didn't give a flying banana about it, ended up doing it myself. Bar downstairs is fantastic, bit noisy at night though.

The staff in the hostel went above an beyond to help me book my train tickets, and were always so helpful when answering questions. The place has a great atmosphere and is in a great location, but there are only a couple of showers which are located in the corridors. That being said, it was always kept really clean. I'd definitely stay again!

This was one of the best hostels I`ve ever stayed. Great atmosphere and excellent location. It is close to the bar street and the muslim corner, and there`s a bar downstairs where you can meet other travellers and locals who use to hang out there. They have a good restaurant and a courtyard that are amazing to spend some time and meet some people. I`ll come back for sure next time I`m in Xian

the staff is really friendly and helpful. you get beer coupon if you take one day trip.

Suggest to have wifi at room and stronger wifi connection at public area.

Great Staff and great Hostel. They worked with my short time in Xi'an and made sure I was able to catch the train in Xi'an Bei station. I would def recommend!!

• 21st Jun 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever been in china! Great location, cool english speaking staff, the hostel itself has a lot of rooms and it's well decorated. Shower and bathroom ok, good coffee. There's a club in the basement where there are cheap cocktails. It's easy to know other people because it's always full of foreigners! I had great time in Xian!i would come back again and already recommended to other friends.

I had a great time here. It was really social and I felt it was easy to meet people. Honestly, I spent almost all my time in Xi'an in this hostel because it was so enjoyable. Only fault would be the AC wasn't quite strong enough.

By far one of the best hostels I've used!

we really had a good stay there ,highly recommended .

Pretty good hostel located right next to the South Gate of the city wall! The bathrooms were in a public area so not always free and the bar seems to be open to anyone but other than that very decent hostel for a night or two in Xian!

We did not find this was a party hostel like advertised. Great location and nice food, but small portions and quite expensive. The staff was pretty helpful

Overall good, location is good but not perfect (other hostels are much closer to city center and transportation). Overall quite clean, but some parts are definitely not cleaned often. More showers / toilets would be nice. Very good atmosphere in common areas. Wifi OK, working almost everywhere and usually not too slow (for a Chinese hostel). Staff was good, but some are not the most friendly, for example turning the lights off in common areas with people in it in evening without saying anything

The staff was really friendly and helpful. I thought it was a great value. The building is nice. The restaurant was not bad. The atmosphere was very relaxing and nice. I definitely plan on staying there again in the near future. Great hostel!

Wonderful hostel

12 of us were on a study abroad trip in a near by town and came to Xi'an for the weekend and staid here. Absolutely beautiful place! Since it was a groups of us we reserved 2 - 6 man rooms and when we got there they split us up which was disappointing and a key card didn't work for a room and went to the front desk several times for them to fix and still didn't work so some ended up sharing beds which was inconvenient, we still enjoyed ourselves! Worth it!! Guard was also asleep during night...

This hostel is very conveniently located next to the South Gate and is an easy walk to the sites within the city walls. It has a very nice atmosphere. Free WiFi on site is also very convenient. It is easy to book tours around Xi'An.

Good location makes it very easy to find. They organised an excellent value tour to the Terracota army, and its easy to meet people in the bar where there was a fun Chinese band. They also booked my train tickets. Although the bathrooms arent quite up to western standards, at the price I don't think the hostel could be better. Highly recommended!

Great hostel, but too much standing toilets