Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

Pros- Cool hostel aesthetics Staff Places to eat, drink booze and socialize Comfortable temperature in room They help you if you suck at planning things such as preplanned tours, excursions, ideas etc. Location Active community well into late hours of the night (the staff and the bar which was packed every night I was there) -Cons The noise from the bar at night may prevent sleep until 1 or 2am (unless you are in the dorms apparently) Directions from the airport to the hostel were inaccurate

The girls at the counter were fantastic, they remembered me the entire weekend and let me pet the cat behind the counter! Only problem for me was the courtyards are really cold in the winter, so we could either hang in the bar or the cafe, but the cafe closes at 11 and the bar was packed and loud. The staff of the cafe were awesome too. Oh, and the bathrooms for the dorms are in the courtyards and so they're cold.

Staff was very nice and attentive.

I stayed at this hostel during Winter (late December) so unfortunately it was not the "party hostel" as the name might suggest haha. In fact it was extremely quiet. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, even helping me figure out which local buses to take to visit The Terracotta Warriors & other attractions rather than use the tours that they themselves offered, which were very expensive. Definitely recommend this place, but maybe don't plan your trip in the middle of winter...

Good hostel really helpful friendly staff.

I stayed on 4 different hostels throughout China and this was my absolute favorite. The staff is extremely helpful and they always wear smile.

Stayed here two nights, and not too a bad a place. The staff were great, and very friendly. And location is good inside the city walls. The beds in the 8 bed dorm, were a little rickety, but comfortable enough. One downside, and time of year, probably makes a big difference, is the bathroom is located of the open courtyard. So showering was pretty cold. There are cubicles, which are good, but as soon as the water stops you get the cold outside air.

Staff were incredibly helpful - really nice atmosphere.

• 4th Dec 2014

Good hostel, nice rooms and good showers. Staff were helpful if you ask a specific question. Quiet when we were there but it is during the off season. Sights were close ennough! I would stay here again!

Cool hostel, with a bar and a café that does great coffee. The staff were really helpful with telling me where to go and what to see and how to navigate around the city. And the location is excellent, right next to the entrance to the city walls, close to public transport links (metro and buses) and 20minute- walking distance to the Muslim Quarter (or else it's an easy, short bus ride away). Highly recommend!

stayed 3 nights. the staff was very helpful. The layout could be better since it has 3 small lobbies/courtyards and no central hangout area. The noise level was pretty average given it is a Chinese hostel.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • China

This is the best hostel I've ever been in. The location is fantastic, the stuff speaks English, the rooms are nice and clean. They have many common areas to hang up with people. It was great!

I was really happy with our stay here. Nice atmosphere - multiple rooms to chill in, then the bar connected to it is quite happening - 10yuan for shooters! The staff were also really friendly and helpful. This is exactly how I like chinese hostels to be! *we stayed in twin rooms

All round a very good hostel! Location was brilliant; close to bus stops, metro, and right next to the city wall. Staff were very friendly and spoke great English, the pizza in their restaurant is the best pizza in China!!! Hostel was very clean going by Chinese standards. Would definitely stay there again!

No complaint

Very happy with choosing this place. Favourite things in xi'an were riding around the wall on bikes and heading to my huashan and doing plank in the sky. Staff here always helpful and could speak English well. We didn't have any problems checking in or asking questions. The cafe and bar are both good. Only minor annoying thing was sometimes the key cards took a bit to get them working.

Rooms were pretty cold and had a strange smell at times. Being in the second court yard it did get a little noisey being above a bar. Apart from these little things its a great place.

Worst bed Ive EVER slept in and Im not picky. It felt like someone took a sledgehammer to the base and it was so inconsistently slanted and bumpy and horrible I slept like shit and woke up sore. We are convinced they don't use soap to clean either. Toilet smelled like piss the entire time we were there despite it having been cleaned before we arrived. Ordered breakfast in the restaurant and it was the saddest thing ever, and for 35rmb expect more. However dinner was great. Staff super helpful

What didn't realize the bathrooms/sinks were outside, and weren't quite prepared for the cold. But we had a great time staying there and really enjoyed the attached cafe. The food is a bit pricey at first glance, but totally worth it!

• 31st Oct 2014

I'm pretty sure this is the place to stay in Xi'an. There's a great bar downstairs where you can meet other westerners from the hostel but also Chinese locals, they love to come there too and are very friendly. It's a bit cold in this hostel because everything is open air, but the rooms are nice and toasty. Yes the bathrooms smell and they have squat toilets, but welcome to China. The showers are nice and hot. Staff are really friendly and helpful, they even remembered my name. Recommended!

1 2 Next » last »