Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The building is really cool and the staff is so fun and helpful. It is a little "westernized" in that they mainly serve western food in the restaurant (but hey! there's a restaurant in the hostel.) Their tours are totally with the money and a great way to see the sites around Xi'an for cheap. Would recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Xi'an, any age group, for any purpose.

The wifi is not really good...!

Enjoyed my stay and I thought that the location was great! Also had a good atmosphere within the hostel with a bar underneath. Only thing I didn't like was that the area at the back was so hot with heat coming from the air conditioning.

Fantastic location, close to a lot of bus stops, the city wall and food. This is a nice place to stay if you are solo. It's nothing fancy but has a nice vibe and the bar downstairs is busy every night

All the staff was really nice and helpful. Everything in the hostel was really well organised. At arival there were some problems with AC in our room. It was solved in two minutes. Inner yards are nice to hang around and meet new people.

the staff who check me in is great, then the next day , another staff check me in with higher price with the same type of room, i was not happy with it, the thing upset me tyhe most is when I checked out and ask if my friend had left, she said yes while my friend's bag is still in the storage, I could just rush to the train station if I believe what she said, it is just some bad egg spoil the whole soup. however, other staff members are nice

Lovely big hostel with lots of nice court yards to hangout in. Great location and friendly staff. Bathrooms could have been cleaner. And cafe was over priced

Great hostel for young travellers. Clean, nice staff, nice bar. A huge common area. Would definaely come back

The dorms were a tad on the small side compared to others I stayed in, but the overall vibe was great. Main reception staff were fantastic and had wonderful English, however the cafe staff were a bit rude: I was really interested in the give books take a book idea (I'd brought a pretty bad book with me and wanted a new one) and the girl in the cafe just didn't give a flying banana about it, ended up doing it myself. Bar downstairs is fantastic, bit noisy at night though.

The staff in the hostel went above an beyond to help me book my train tickets, and were always so helpful when answering questions. The place has a great atmosphere and is in a great location, but there are only a couple of showers which are located in the corridors. That being said, it was always kept really clean. I'd definitely stay again!

This was one of the best hostels I`ve ever stayed. Great atmosphere and excellent location. It is close to the bar street and the muslim corner, and there`s a bar downstairs where you can meet other travellers and locals who use to hang out there. They have a good restaurant and a courtyard that are amazing to spend some time and meet some people. I`ll come back for sure next time I`m in Xian

the staff is really friendly and helpful. you get beer coupon if you take one day trip.

Suggest to have wifi at room and stronger wifi connection at public area.

Great Staff and great Hostel. They worked with my short time in Xi'an and made sure I was able to catch the train in Xi'an Bei station. I would def recommend!!

• 21st Jun 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever been in china! Great location, cool english speaking staff, the hostel itself has a lot of rooms and it's well decorated. Shower and bathroom ok, good coffee. There's a club in the basement where there are cheap cocktails. It's easy to know other people because it's always full of foreigners! I had great time in Xian!i would come back again and already recommended to other friends.

I had a great time here. It was really social and I felt it was easy to meet people. Honestly, I spent almost all my time in Xi'an in this hostel because it was so enjoyable. Only fault would be the AC wasn't quite strong enough.

By far one of the best hostels I've used!

we really had a good stay there ,highly recommended .

Pretty good hostel located right next to the South Gate of the city wall! The bathrooms were in a public area so not always free and the bar seems to be open to anyone but other than that very decent hostel for a night or two in Xian!

We did not find this was a party hostel like advertised. Great location and nice food, but small portions and quite expensive. The staff was pretty helpful