Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

I stayed in different hostals in cities in China, but this one was the best. Everything was close (transportation, cultural buildings, night life, restaurants).

Hey there, thank you so much for your review. 100% rating is our greatest encouragement. We are always trying to serve our guests better! We feel so happy that our location, atmosphere, room and restaurant made your stay great here. Welcome to our hostel next time! Best wishes!

The bathroom smells stink and it came through to our bedroom

Hello, thank you for leaving us review. We are sorry that the bathroom bothered you. Our hostel features for the old style Chinese building, it has been a long time. So this does happen sometimes especially when it is wet outside. Now we are fixing this and make it better. Thank you for your suggestion. We are always welcome for any nice ideas to help us grow better. Best wishes from Shuyuan!

We booked a private room which was a good size and clean. The hostel was very quirky and the staff were really friendly especially the reception woman who was so helpful and always greeted us with a smile. Laundry service was good, booking tours was easy but as we went in the winter it was hard to get the numbers. Overall a good place to stay!

Shuyuan was a great option for me and my mate. We had a Twin room with private ensuite. The rooms were a decent size and kept us nice and warm during the cold wintery weather. The drain for the shower was a bit smelly, but not a spoiler! The staff were fantastic, went above and beyond to help us with whatever we needed! All in all, we had a great stay and if we are to return to Xian, we would definitely stay here again.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hey there, thank you for your review! We are happy that you and your friends had a nice stay here. Shuyuan team always try to make each guests feel like they are at home. Now we are fixing the drain, so next time when you are here, this wont bother. We are looking forward to seeing you all next time! Best wishes from Shuyuan hostel!

Pros- Cool hostel aesthetics Staff Places to eat, drink booze and socialize Comfortable temperature in room They help you if you suck at planning things such as preplanned tours, excursions, ideas etc. Location Active community well into late hours of the night (the staff and the bar which was packed every night I was there) -Cons The noise from the bar at night may prevent sleep until 1 or 2am (unless you are in the dorms apparently) Directions from the airport to the hostel were inaccurate

The girls at the counter were fantastic, they remembered me the entire weekend and let me pet the cat behind the counter! Only problem for me was the courtyards are really cold in the winter, so we could either hang in the bar or the cafe, but the cafe closes at 11 and the bar was packed and loud. The staff of the cafe were awesome too. Oh, and the bathrooms for the dorms are in the courtyards and so they're cold.

Staff was very nice and attentive.

I stayed at this hostel during Winter (late December) so unfortunately it was not the "party hostel" as the name might suggest haha. In fact it was extremely quiet. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, even helping me figure out which local buses to take to visit The Terracotta Warriors & other attractions rather than use the tours that they themselves offered, which were very expensive. Definitely recommend this place, but maybe don't plan your trip in the middle of winter...

Good hostel really helpful friendly staff.

I stayed on 4 different hostels throughout China and this was my absolute favorite. The staff is extremely helpful and they always wear smile.

Stayed here two nights, and not too a bad a place. The staff were great, and very friendly. And location is good inside the city walls. The beds in the 8 bed dorm, were a little rickety, but comfortable enough. One downside, and time of year, probably makes a big difference, is the bathroom is located of the open courtyard. So showering was pretty cold. There are cubicles, which are good, but as soon as the water stops you get the cold outside air.

Staff were incredibly helpful - really nice atmosphere.

• 4th Dec 2014