Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

One of the best hostels I stayed during my trip in China. Very comfy bed. Excellent helpful staff. Bar downstairs with happy hour prices!

This place is big and popular. It has many patios with seating space to chill out. Dorms are a bit crammed, but clean, and beds are ok. Staff is helpful and nice. Its location right next to the South Gate is very convenient. Good choice.

Great hostel in a series of beautiful courtyards in easy walking distance from the subwaystation and the sights within the Xi ´An city walls. The staff are great and very helpful. They have a laundry service that is fast and good. The restaurant offers great food, too. I would definitly stay here again. It might be a good idea to bring oropax though as it can get a bit lively in the courtyards during the late evening.

We had a very nice stay in this Hostel, everyone was friendly and helpful. Rooms and sanitaries could be better but there are clean (which is the most important). We highly recomand the Shuyuan Hostel !

Staff was very helpful and spoke English well

I loved the courtyard, the restaurant, and the bar at Shuyuan. They had live music and it was an easy place to go and chill. It was too "clubby" to socialize outside of your own friends though. The courtyard was better for that. The bathrooms were always pretty gross and there's only one western toilet. The staff was fairly knowledgeable but sometimes not helpful. The best staff member I met was a young man who was volunteering there to practice his English.

Acceptable hostel but did not really impress me. Great location, bunks a little wobbly, in summer their courtyard layout of rooms is cool but bad for winter- you would essentially be walking outside from shower facilities to your room (brr!). I don't think I would recommend a tour, better do it yourself. When I went on their Terracotta tour they had 50 people but one guide- she was great but come on that's too many people :/. Wifi only in common areas (average slowness for China haha).

This hostel was in a great location for all of the things you'd want to do in Xian. The staff were friendly and did try to help but had limited english. The corridoors are open to the elements so were stiflingly hot when we went there in august but the air conditioning was brilliant in the rooms. We had a lovely time staying here and stayed one evening in a dorm room which was clean and comfortable and one evening in a double with ensuite. The bathrooms could howevee, be cleaner.

Hostel has a great chinese design, comfortable beds and a great location next to the wall. About 90% young chinese tourists though, so if you're looking to meet fellow international backpackers, its not really the place.

Great hostel to spend a couple nights. Location is good (right next to the south wall), staff is helpful and atmosphere excellent. Dorms are nice but don't book a private room the week end because of the music live. It´s just impossible to sleep. Definitely recommended PS: free pick up at the train station was much appreciated

A very nice hostel. Located in the center of the city just inside the city wall. The staff at the reception spoke good english and were very helpful, The hostel itself is very beautiful and clean even by western standards. The dorm room was secure (keycard and lockers) and each bed had its own power socket.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The building is really cool and the staff is so fun and helpful. It is a little "westernized" in that they mainly serve western food in the restaurant (but hey! there's a restaurant in the hostel.) Their tours are totally with the money and a great way to see the sites around Xi'an for cheap. Would recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Xi'an, any age group, for any purpose.

The wifi is not really good...!

Enjoyed my stay and I thought that the location was great! Also had a good atmosphere within the hostel with a bar underneath. Only thing I didn't like was that the area at the back was so hot with heat coming from the air conditioning.

Fantastic location, close to a lot of bus stops, the city wall and food. This is a nice place to stay if you are solo. It's nothing fancy but has a nice vibe and the bar downstairs is busy every night

All the staff was really nice and helpful. Everything in the hostel was really well organised. At arival there were some problems with AC in our room. It was solved in two minutes. Inner yards are nice to hang around and meet new people.

the staff who check me in is great, then the next day , another staff check me in with higher price with the same type of room, i was not happy with it, the thing upset me tyhe most is when I checked out and ask if my friend had left, she said yes while my friend's bag is still in the storage, I could just rush to the train station if I believe what she said, it is just some bad egg spoil the whole soup. however, other staff members are nice

Lovely big hostel with lots of nice court yards to hangout in. Great location and friendly staff. Bathrooms could have been cleaner. And cafe was over priced

Great hostel for young travellers. Clean, nice staff, nice bar. A huge common area. Would definaely come back

The dorms were a tad on the small side compared to others I stayed in, but the overall vibe was great. Main reception staff were fantastic and had wonderful English, however the cafe staff were a bit rude: I was really interested in the give books take a book idea (I'd brought a pretty bad book with me and wanted a new one) and the girl in the cafe just didn't give a flying banana about it, ended up doing it myself. Bar downstairs is fantastic, bit noisy at night though.