Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

2085 Total Reviews

pro: really cool bar in the basement; good location, nice staff; con: only one western toilet for all the dorms, the locks of the showers didn't work anymore. So you had to trust the other guests, what worked out quite well.

Very cool hostel with a good atmosphere for meeting people. It's a shame the dumpling party was cancelled. The hostel has minimum numbers for this and the other parties they organise, but we weren't told about this when we enquired about it.

Very friendly and helpful staff! great place to meet travellers. Love the courtyard setting chill out area although can get quite noisy at night.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

No kitchen (I like to cook my own food) but the food they cook here is good and cheap.

• 9th Apr 2014

This was a great hostel! I had a private room and it was exactly what I needed to have some privacy but I could still go to one of the three courtyards to meet and greet people or to the bar/café. I went on a holiday so the planning for a tour could have been better i.e. we could have left earlier to prevent traffic- but hey it's China you just gotta roll with the punches! My room was basically clean i.e. the bathroom and clean sheets just a bit dusty on the furniture and stuff. Great time!

• 4th Apr 2014

Definitely not a party hostel whilst we were there, though the bar downstairs gives off a nice vibe for those wanting a drink or two.

The satff was very helpful in organising my stay & activities. Free coffee- nice one; also great chocolate cake & pizza with the base as good as back home - didn't expect to find anything like it in China! Was disapointed with the level of cleanliness in the showers/ toilet - toilet roll bins should be changed more often...

Nice place, close to the bar street of Xi'an. We got a private room for three and weren't disappointed: clean and comfy. Great cafeteria, it's affordable and pretty good.

Super-friendly staff. A great location; close to a number of places of interest, and good bus line to/from train station. Good food and comfy atmosphere in the restaurant. Just like the sixties, man! I really enjoyed this place!

Great place to stay - bathrooms only downside! Cool bar and cool people, great location.

THE TOILETS ARE TOO OPEN AND IN WINTER IS HARD TO DEAL WITH THE WEATHER

This Hostel is very beatiful and has typically chinese Flair. The bar in the Underground is very cool, so after a beer or two it's nort far away to your bed ;) Very nice stay there, so I would come again.

• 1st Mar 2014