Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

The staff was really friendly and helpful. I thought it was a great value. The building is nice. The restaurant was not bad. The atmosphere was very relaxing and nice. I definitely plan on staying there again in the near future. Great hostel!

Wonderful hostel

12 of us were on a study abroad trip in a near by town and came to Xi'an for the weekend and staid here. Absolutely beautiful place! Since it was a groups of us we reserved 2 - 6 man rooms and when we got there they split us up which was disappointing and a key card didn't work for a room and went to the front desk several times for them to fix and still didn't work so some ended up sharing beds which was inconvenient, we still enjoyed ourselves! Worth it!! Guard was also asleep during night...

This hostel is very conveniently located next to the South Gate and is an easy walk to the sites within the city walls. It has a very nice atmosphere. Free WiFi on site is also very convenient. It is easy to book tours around Xi'An.

Good location makes it very easy to find. They organised an excellent value tour to the Terracota army, and its easy to meet people in the bar where there was a fun Chinese band. They also booked my train tickets. Although the bathrooms arent quite up to western standards, at the price I don't think the hostel could be better. Highly recommended!

Great hostel, but too much standing toilets

wonderful location, clean, very good staff and pleasant atmosphere, definetly reccomended. The only bad remark is the number of bathrooms, not enough

• 9th May 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hostels and this one is by far the best! The staff are what make this place so great to stay at, they are very welcoming and helpful :) there is a nice common room and the location is perfect!! The rooms were reasonably priced and hostel tours were excellent, I hope to be back someday!

thank you very much for your 100% rating and the best words to us ,hope you have a nice trip in China ,welcome to hostel next time.Shuyuan hostel

This hostel has a very good location, which is better than some of the other hostels. You can walk to where you take the bus to the airport. It is next to one of the wall gates and it is walking distance to the must-see craftsmen street and the Forest of Stone Steles museum . Wifi worked inside the room. The only concern was, some sort of kareoki going on downstairs at the hostel, probably for the party enjoyment of some patrons, but could be a problem for those who want to sleep.

thank you for your high rating and good review,the hostel located at the city center nearby the South Gate of the City Wall.the Bar named Pak Qin is very popular in Xi'an ,so there is many young people hang out every night. anyway ,thank you for your staying and enjoy.we will try our best .hope you have a nice trip in China.shuyuan hostel

Nice Hostel to stay in XI An, very nice location and the staff especially Chris very friendly always concern about your needs. They have free pick up from the train station, amazing to arrive from a overnight journey and see a chinese guy with my name printed on a paper waiting for me to drive me to the hostel, nice daily tours.

Well, it said party hostel. I took one look when we got there during the day, and thought - No way! But after dark, the whole basement was heaving with people, and had live bands playing. It was a nice atmosphere, and a great place to have a drink. The best part about it was, the bar was located in the basement meaning that when you were on the ground or 1st floor, you couldn't hear it. At all!

I love this hostel. The people are very very helpful. This hostel is the one of the best place of Xian. I suggest to all people please stay in this hostel. Thanking you. Love you. SAinath INDIA

• 25th Apr 2014
  • India

Great staff, they were really helpful and extremely nice! I liked the atmosphere and especially the bar that's in the basement!

pro: really cool bar in the basement; good location, nice staff; con: only one western toilet for all the dorms, the locks of the showers didn't work anymore. So you had to trust the other guests, what worked out quite well.

Very cool hostel with a good atmosphere for meeting people. It's a shame the dumpling party was cancelled. The hostel has minimum numbers for this and the other parties they organise, but we weren't told about this when we enquired about it.

Very friendly and helpful staff! great place to meet travellers. Love the courtyard setting chill out area although can get quite noisy at night.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

No kitchen (I like to cook my own food) but the food they cook here is good and cheap.

• 9th Apr 2014

This was a great hostel! I had a private room and it was exactly what I needed to have some privacy but I could still go to one of the three courtyards to meet and greet people or to the bar/café. I went on a holiday so the planning for a tour could have been better i.e. we could have left earlier to prevent traffic- but hey it's China you just gotta roll with the punches! My room was basically clean i.e. the bathroom and clean sheets just a bit dusty on the furniture and stuff. Great time!

• 4th Apr 2014

Definitely not a party hostel whilst we were there, though the bar downstairs gives off a nice vibe for those wanting a drink or two.

The satff was very helpful in organising my stay & activities. Free coffee- nice one; also great chocolate cake & pizza with the base as good as back home - didn't expect to find anything like it in China! Was disapointed with the level of cleanliness in the showers/ toilet - toilet roll bins should be changed more often...

1 2 3 Next » last »