Shuyuan International Party Hostel Reviews

No.2 Shunchengxixiang, Nanmen Li, Xi'an, China

This hostel is a really good budget hostel with a great area to meet people and the staff really know what they are doing. They have two adorable cats too! I do wish they would use some of their income from the overpriced food to build more western toilets though. The squatter in the dorm areas are pretty smelly. I would also be much happier if they didn't keep birds in those tiny cages. Overall a great place to stay!

The bathroom in our room smelled of sewage. This isnt a quiet hostel: the bar is frequented by locals who use the hostel's bathrooms. When we went to the bar we were told all the tables had been reserved by locals! The private rooms near thr bar are hard to sleep in. Booking a cheap four bed dorm upstairs is the best option as bathroom was v clean. The cleaners are really friendly and most of the staff are nice and helpful. The girl on reception with the short hair and glasses is brilliant!

Convenient position, nice courtyard architecture. The room was clean. We booked a tour with them to the Jangdi Tomb, and we liked it. Wifi didn't work really well in the room (1st floor). A lot of noise at night coming from a bar close by (not the bar in the hostel, that is really cosy and nice, a bit overpriced tough). All the staff speaks English, and I think they are the only hostel that provided us a city map in China!!! Good value for money in Xian.

All the facilities you could ebpver imagine were there. There was a nice bar, a restaurant, wi-fi in all rooms. The rooms were very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. They offered me a free drink when I arrived. Some negative points: some parts of the hostel are not covered by a roof. So when it was raining the flour was wet and dirty. The food in the restaurant was expensive but good. They offer tours to see the tourists places, but these tours are expensive.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Great place. :)

Traveling alone and had no problem meeting other travelers. Popular bar in basement. The location is PERFECT. So easy to get to from the train station and to other things in Xi'an. The bathroom/shower is clean but coed. Really cool building, a renovated traditional courtyard home. So that is also a plus. Great experience here. I would stay again!

Helpful staff found me a group to do the panda tour before leaving. Be prepared for a non western toilet. nothing to complain

This place is great! Easy bus access, good location, nice people. Stayed twice.

• 1st Sep 2014

Fantastic helpful staff. Organize great tours to the terracotta army.

I stayed there last winter I was travelling around China, and since my mom was planning on visiting I decide to stay here again. It is amazing how different a place may feel come winter/summer but at the same time it feels the same. I enjoy this hostel and if I could I would live there with the cat. I love the office kitty and I wanted to take him home with me. The rooms are nice, the dorms don't seem to get swept too often but thats not a big issue.

it was best hostel i'v ever stayed in china! staffs were kind and nice. it's clean and have a nice bar and cafe. if you apply for oneday tour,you can get a free breakfast. i liked it.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Every main attraction of the city is within walking distance. There are western and eastern style restaurants and shopping centers. The subway is close by. The hostel has activities planned on site, plus the staff is very helpful in guiding your own plans. This is the place to stay if you visit Xi'an.

• 15th Aug 2014

This hostel has such a great feel to it. The staff were so helpful and offered a variety of tours, including ones to the Terra cotta warriors. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

One of the best hostels I stayed during my trip in China. Very comfy bed. Excellent helpful staff. Bar downstairs with happy hour prices!

This place is big and popular. It has many patios with seating space to chill out. Dorms are a bit crammed, but clean, and beds are ok. Staff is helpful and nice. Its location right next to the South Gate is very convenient. Good choice.

Great hostel in a series of beautiful courtyards in easy walking distance from the subwaystation and the sights within the Xi ´An city walls. The staff are great and very helpful. They have a laundry service that is fast and good. The restaurant offers great food, too. I would definitly stay here again. It might be a good idea to bring oropax though as it can get a bit lively in the courtyards during the late evening.

We had a very nice stay in this Hostel, everyone was friendly and helpful. Rooms and sanitaries could be better but there are clean (which is the most important). We highly recomand the Shuyuan Hostel !

Staff was very helpful and spoke English well

I loved the courtyard, the restaurant, and the bar at Shuyuan. They had live music and it was an easy place to go and chill. It was too "clubby" to socialize outside of your own friends though. The courtyard was better for that. The bathrooms were always pretty gross and there's only one western toilet. The staff was fairly knowledgeable but sometimes not helpful. The best staff member I met was a young man who was volunteering there to practice his English.

Acceptable hostel but did not really impress me. Great location, bunks a little wobbly, in summer their courtyard layout of rooms is cool but bad for winter- you would essentially be walking outside from shower facilities to your room (brr!). I don't think I would recommend a tour, better do it yourself. When I went on their Terracotta tour they had 50 people but one guide- she was great but come on that's too many people :/. Wifi only in common areas (average slowness for China haha).