Sidsmums Travellers Retreat Reviews

11 Chemin de la Croix d'Achille, Preixan, Carcassonne, France

I enjoyed my stay at Sidsmums very much. The staff (Peter and Tracy) were very nice and friendly and were always available to help me with whatever was needed. I was so well received it felt like being home. The village is amazing and it is very easy to get to the city of Carcassonne. Thank you very much Peter & Tracy!

I request the staff to fetch me to the hostel which costs me 15 euro because I arrived during night time and there is no other means of transport around. The hostel recommend the Hotel Astonia to store my luggage next day since I do not wish to travel back to hostel (10 km away) for luggage collection but to my surprise this hotel was closed. But fortunately there is another hotel nearby, Bristol Hotel which allow me to keep my luggage.

Had a great stay here. Lovely location, brilliant fireplace. I recommend to anyone looking to relax and see the city.

A great hostel. It's not located in Carcassonne, per se, but rather in a small village just outside of the city. There is a bus that takes you into the center of Carcassonne, a ride of about 10 minutes. The hostel itself is really nice, a very cozy and warm feeling. You feel like you're staying at a friend's house. There's a full kitchen as well so you can prepare your own food. Overall, a really nice experience. Thanks Peter and Tracy!

Feels like a home away from home. Dorm was quite spacious, and there is a very well equipped kitchen. There is an amazing fireplace which the staff diligently keep alight! The hosts are lovely and frequently checked to see whether we needed help with anything. We had a car and it was easy to park out the front of the hostel. Recommended!

Brilliant. Tracy and Peter are so welcoming and helpful. I will return, hopefully in the spring!

• 20th Oct 2014