Sidsmums Travellers Retreat Reviews

11 Chemin de la Croix d'Achille, Preixan, Carcassonne, France

I never write reviews but thought it necessary to do so on this occasion due to the quality of service received at this hostel. Peter and Tracy were incredibly generous during my brief stay with them… the set up they have is geared towards enhancing experiences… and facilities are absolutely perfect for a traveler such as myself… it really is self catering heaven, not lacking in anything. Wood burner is a nice touch that aided my sleep no end. Highly, highly recommend this pad! Thanks again! x

• 11th Nov 2015

Sidsmums is a good distance from the tourism of medieval Carcassonne which is a blessing in disguise. Though it's a bit out of the way, Prexian is a beautiful and quiet area in its own right, and the wonderful hostel owners are willing to do almost anything to make sure you have the best stay possible.

Although it is about a 15 minute drive outside of Carcassonne, this hostel makes up for it with its friendlty owners and relaxed atmosphere. Both Peter and his wife Tracy will help you with whatever you need, including picking you up from the train station if you get in too late to take the bus out to Preixan. Everything was very clean, and I had a nice relaxing time overall. Definately would reccomend.

This hostel was just perfect. It was an amazing place for me to stay a few days in order to rest and recuperate after long days of travels. It is out in the countryside and they have bikes you can use and the owners are always around to help guide you on where to bike to or activities in the area, as well as coming in just to check up on you and make sure you are happy and comfortable :) they are really such nice people. I loved the massive kitchen!!!

I loved the location and atmosphere here! The owners were very friendly and I will definitely go back to this place when I'm visiting the south of France again!

The cabin I stayed in was clean and well-kept, and the staff was friendly and willing to offer the occasional lift into town. The one downside was that it was far away from the main village, which they tell you about but didn't really sink in. Also, be warned--this place only accepts cash (or PayPal with a 5% charge). Make sure to bring enough cash to cover your stay, because there are no cashpoints in Preixan that I could tell.

This is one of my favorite hostels I've stayed in so far. It's a bit outside of Carcassonne, so you are really in he countryside with a ton of sunflower fields and vignards. It is very easy to get to the castle, but my favorite day was taking one of the bikes and cycling around the small towns in the area. It is incredibly beautiful. The hostel itself has a campground feel, with cabins and picnic tables, and a slackline. But there's also a house area with tables and couches and a huge kitchen.

Lovely place here in Preixan. Very friendly/helpful staff. Clean, and with lots of space to walk, cycle and hang out. Recommended.

this is a fabulous hostel. Peter and Tracy are the sweetest people, offering to pick people up from the train station. As well as a stunning place with a kitchen that overlooks this beautiful landscape. 10/10 would come here again

The staff there were very helpful and friendly!

• 23rd Jun 2015