Sidsmums Travellers Retreat Reviews

11 Chemin de la Croix d'Achille, Preixan, Carcassonne, France

Very relaxing and informative. Friendly and helpful staff.

I never write reviews but thought it necessary to do so on this occasion due to the quality of service received at this hostel. Peter and Tracy were incredibly generous during my brief stay with them… the set up they have is geared towards enhancing experiences… and facilities are absolutely perfect for a traveler such as myself… it really is self catering heaven, not lacking in anything. Wood burner is a nice touch that aided my sleep no end. Highly, highly recommend this pad! Thanks again! x

Sidsmums is a good distance from the tourism of medieval Carcassonne which is a blessing in disguise. Though it's a bit out of the way, Prexian is a beautiful and quiet area in its own right, and the wonderful hostel owners are willing to do almost anything to make sure you have the best stay possible.

Although it is about a 15 minute drive outside of Carcassonne, this hostel makes up for it with its friendlty owners and relaxed atmosphere. Both Peter and his wife Tracy will help you with whatever you need, including picking you up from the train station if you get in too late to take the bus out to Preixan. Everything was very clean, and I had a nice relaxing time overall. Definately would reccomend.

This hostel was just perfect. It was an amazing place for me to stay a few days in order to rest and recuperate after long days of travels. It is out in the countryside and they have bikes you can use and the owners are always around to help guide you on where to bike to or activities in the area, as well as coming in just to check up on you and make sure you are happy and comfortable :) they are really such nice people. I loved the massive kitchen!!!

Could not recommend this place more highly! The owners are truly some of the nicest, most caring people we have ever met. They allowed us to come back for an extra night after failing to get a train and even picked us up/dropped us at the station. There are kitchen facilities and bikes to borrow free too. They really went out of their way to help us on our travels and came looking for us when we were lost on a bike ride! You will not regret staying here. We'll have the memories with us forever.