9.3
Superb 319 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 319 Total Reviews
Sidsmums Travellers Retreat Located at 11 Chemin de la Croix d'Achille, Preixan, Carcassonne.
France
Carcassonne 11250 11 Chemin de la Croix d'Achille, Preixan
93% 319
43.1461038 2.2856283
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 41+
12th Aug 2016

Just got home after staying at Sidsmums Hostel for 3 nights. It is a really great hostel in a beautiful village. Quiet, chilled and very relaxing.Peter and Tracy who run it are really welcoming and cannot do enough to make your stay a great experience. It has a lovely atmosphere with a mixture of families and individual travellers staying. it is lovely to see everyone from all over the world relaxing and chatting and having fun, including dogs and cats from all over. !! Would love to go back.

24th Jul 2016
8.0

A good place to be with your own. Retiro, reflexión, meditación.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Jul 2016

This place is amazing! ! it is owned by a family and the husband and wife were so accommodating to all my needs! great hospitality! I didn't feel like I was at a hostel but a visit to a families cottage. Very clean, great facilities. Peter the husband was very helpful with giving me different hiking routes that I could do. They are really accommodating with picking you up from the train station if needed since they are a little but outside of the city. But other than that great place!

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
26th Jun 2016

Great hostel, easy to access by bus from Carcassonne which costs 3euro and you can put your bike on too. Super helpful and friendly staff who helped us plan our days with timing of bus and train schedules and places to go. Nice and quiet place to stay great communal outdoor area too. Definitely will return here.

25th Jun 2016

Kind, very helpful owner/team. Clean, neat, well stocked and signed. New to me and appreciated here were small tubs for one's refrigerated items. I was travelling by bicycle and the location was perfect. A well stocked grocery and restaurants are less than 5 minutes walk. Quiet too, which I liked but not the place for someone looking for a party hostel

17th Jun 2016

Perfect place for a relaxing break, in a beautiful setting and a short bus ride from Carcasonne. Peter and Tracy were awesome, really helpful and showed me the best things to do around the area! Highly recommend and will be going back myself 😁

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
7th May 2016

Very friendly hostel with good facilities. It's only a short bus ride from Carcassonne and the owners are very helpful about getting to and from.

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016

I was made very welcome at Sidsmums. As it was still slightly off season, I was the only one in the hostel, but both Tracy and Peter repeatedly came for a chat to keep me company - they even lent me some DVDs from their own house - and I was able to take full advantage of the large kitchen and sofas! Preixan is quiet but pretty, with some beautiful walks in the area, and Peter always offered me a bike or a lift to Pomas. I'm sure Sidsmums would be glorious in the summer. Thank you again!!

19th Apr 2016

Tracy was so sweet and accommodating. We loved staying her home, which felt so cozy and welcoming. The area is beautiful. I was able to run and see the sun rise above the vineyards. We highly recommend this place!