Sidsmums Travellers Retreat Reviews

11 Chemin de la Croix d'Achille, Preixan, Carcassonne, France

The cabin I stayed in was clean and well-kept, and the staff was friendly and willing to offer the occasional lift into town. The one downside was that it was far away from the main village, which they tell you about but didn't really sink in. Also, be warned--this place only accepts cash (or PayPal with a 5% charge). Make sure to bring enough cash to cover your stay, because there are no cashpoints in Preixan that I could tell.

This is one of my favorite hostels I've stayed in so far. It's a bit outside of Carcassonne, so you are really in he countryside with a ton of sunflower fields and vignards. It is very easy to get to the castle, but my favorite day was taking one of the bikes and cycling around the small towns in the area. It is incredibly beautiful. The hostel itself has a campground feel, with cabins and picnic tables, and a slackline. But there's also a house area with tables and couches and a huge kitchen.

Lovely place here in Preixan. Very friendly/helpful staff. Clean, and with lots of space to walk, cycle and hang out. Recommended.

this is a fabulous hostel. Peter and Tracy are the sweetest people, offering to pick people up from the train station. As well as a stunning place with a kitchen that overlooks this beautiful landscape. 10/10 would come here again

The staff there were very helpful and friendly!

• 23rd Jun 2015

Very nice staff, beautiful location, stunning garden and clean home - wish I could have stayed longer. It's self-hosted and the kitchen very well equipped, so it's a good idea to bring some food to cook or to visit the little store just down the street if you're interested in preparing some meals for yourself. Great stay overall!

• 22nd Apr 2015

We had an absolutely lovely stay at Sidsmums; the town is lovely and peaceful and the hostel is spotless with a beautiful fireplace and garden!

I enjoyed my stay at Sidsmums very much. The staff (Peter and Tracy) were very nice and friendly and were always available to help me with whatever was needed. I was so well received it felt like being home. The village is amazing and it is very easy to get to the city of Carcassonne. Thank you very much Peter & Tracy!

I request the staff to fetch me to the hostel which costs me 15 euro because I arrived during night time and there is no other means of transport around. The hostel recommend the Hotel Astonia to store my luggage next day since I do not wish to travel back to hostel (10 km away) for luggage collection but to my surprise this hotel was closed. But fortunately there is another hotel nearby, Bristol Hotel which allow me to keep my luggage.

Had a great stay here. Lovely location, brilliant fireplace. I recommend to anyone looking to relax and see the city.

A great hostel. It's not located in Carcassonne, per se, but rather in a small village just outside of the city. There is a bus that takes you into the center of Carcassonne, a ride of about 10 minutes. The hostel itself is really nice, a very cozy and warm feeling. You feel like you're staying at a friend's house. There's a full kitchen as well so you can prepare your own food. Overall, a really nice experience. Thanks Peter and Tracy!