Sidsmums Travellers Retreat Reviews

11 Chemin de la Croix d'Achille, Preixan, Carcassonne, France

Feels like a home away from home. Dorm was quite spacious, and there is a very well equipped kitchen. There is an amazing fireplace which the staff diligently keep alight! The hosts are lovely and frequently checked to see whether we needed help with anything. We had a car and it was easy to park out the front of the hostel. Recommended!

Brilliant. Tracy and Peter are so welcoming and helpful. I will return, hopefully in the spring!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful location and pleasant atmosphere. Love the garden. Use of bicycle free to guests - much appreciated!

I loved loved loved this place! It was perfect for what I wanted. Quiet, tucked away, and with a great family feel. I met several really awesome people. And Tracey and Peter are so nice. The kitchen and bathrooms were always clean. I'll definitely stay here again if I am in the area!

• 31st Aug 2014

Nice place in the countryside. Well equipped kitchen.

Peter and Tracy are absolutely lovely and will go out of their way for you! Such a comfortable stay with the best mattresses I've had since leaving home 3 months ago. Lovely quiet village with easy transport to carcassonne the bike ride is also fun. I would definitely go back here! Fantastic kitchen and common area

Friendly, comfortable, welcoming, spotless.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Tracy and Peter absolutely lovely couple! Very helpful, informative and friendly! The hostel was very clean and the beds were SO comfy! Had a lovely stay at Sidsmums :)

Really lovely place to stay. Great if you want to visit Carcassonne but also want to relax as the hostel is in a lovely village outside of the city. The transport links are fine and the owners are so helpful and friendly. Lovely atmosphere and excellent facilities for cooking. Thanks for a great stay!

• 14th Aug 2014

Great place to stay near Carcasonne. The Staff makes you feel like if you were at home. Good public transport to La Cité. I'd repeat if I came back.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The couple that run the hostel are amazingly committed to looking after each of their guests as individuals, going that extra mile at a level I have never encountered at a hostel before. They are so very friendly and welcoming, and then will help you get the best out of your visit. Personally, I was more interested in exploring the multitude of small villages around Carcassonne/Preixan, and I was provided with detailed accounts of where to

• 9th Aug 2014

My daughter and I had a super night here. I can not speak highly enough of this hostel. For info; There is a little shop just down the road and a restaurant in the village with a super terrace view. Bus route into Carcassonne. I echo all the other positive reviews. Thank you so much Tracey and Peter for everything.

• 7th Aug 2014

Loved it! Tracy and Peter help you out so good. They even have free bikes.

It was a very nice hostel. We slept very well. It was clean, calm and absolutely recommendable. The owner was very friendly. He also gave us a "welcome-bottle" to drink. If I gonna visit Carcassonne again I'll stay here again. Thanks for all

• 4th Aug 2014