SieChitá Guesthouse Reviews

Cr 3 #12b-89, Bogota, Colombia

Solid stay. Colombian staff was really nice and helpful. English-speaking staff seemed less interested in helping guests (and were often simply not around). Room was fine. On the street which had regular urban noise. Sheets didn't seem freshly cleaned (not a big deal to me) and seems ill-advised to offer up a piece of candy on the towel if it's going to attract mice in the middle of the night (true story). But location was excellent and nice to stay in a hostel that's not a big party scen

Expectations far below reality. Communication (-), costs deal (24 hours annulation but payment for reservation), atmosphere (strange), no hospitality, breakfast - (microwave, every day the same/not much).

• 20th Jun 2015

I find this comment to be very unfair considering how inconsiderate this guest was. She made a reservation months ahead and we responded timely to all her emails. Then 2 days before she called and cancelled 5 out of 7 of her reserved nights because she changed her travel plans and decided to go to the Amazon. We never even charged her for these changes, although they affected our business greatly. She was rude, unkind, very demanding and not pleasant to work with at all.

Great B&B. Breakfast was warm, fresh, and delicious. Staff was very friendly and helpful when I had questions about transportation and general site seeing. Location was great! A lot of the things I did were walking distance but I also took a bike out one day to a local market . I would highly recommend this B&B!!!

• 12th May 2015

The SieChita Guesthouse was very homely,friendly ,clean ,and very convient, walking distance to Town The Mountains Etc.,will certainly go back.

• 12th May 2015

Our originally booked room was being worked on so we were placed in a different room at a discount. This room was near all the communal areas such as the kitchen, breakfast area, and bathroom. People were playing cards and music just outside our room very late. So frustrating. Also, the hostal is unsigned and our cabbie could not locate it. This isn't really their fault but the area isn't easy to navigate. I would probably stay there again if I could avoid the bottom floor.

I apologize that the room was not available. This is the first time I had to do this, but sometimes things happen that are out of our control. If I had known about people playing cards outside your room until late I would have taken care of it right away. Our quiet hours start at 10pm and this is something I will definitely take up with the night manager. La Candelaria is well-marked, but it's not uncommon for taxi drivers to pretend they have no idea where a place is in order to overcharge you.

This place is great! We are going to be flying out if Bogota later and we already booked a room there again! The guesthouse is very clean, great location, andthe staff make you feel at home. The included breakfast is pretty good as well!

View all Bogota Bed and Breakfasts