Siena Hostel

8.7
Fabulous 611 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Jun 2017

The people here were fantastic. We were greeted kindly and were offered free cold drinks on arrival. We were allowed an early check in which was great. The staff were welcoming and made sure we knew of all of the best deals. Nearby pizza place was also amazing. The free breakfast was certainly a positive too.

• lisamirt
  • Australia, Female, 41+
12th Jun 2017
7.7

The friendly and helpful staff made up for the lack of cleanliness in the dorm bathrooms (showers/toilets weren't cleaned my entire stay). But the staff looked after all our travel needs and found answers to all our questions. The owner treated us to unique non touristy experiences - visiting Monte Chiaro winery was great. The hostel is a 30 min walk to town walls, then another 10 min to Piazza Campo. They did offer free shuttle bus whenever they could. Bus stop is just outside.

• Portugal, Female, 25-30
9th Jun 2017

The hostel is amazing! Lots of space and very calm. On the other hand, is not too close to the city center, But there are ocasional buses. The staff was super nice. Totally recommend it

• USA, Female, 18-24
4th Jun 2017

I have traveled to about 8 hostels thus far on my travel and Siena Hostel is by far my favorite. The community between hosts and staff was genuine and sweet. They valued our experience ovr anything else. I had meals with the staff, they took me on excursions to their other sites and winery, and kept me company during any time of my stay. The location was great. A bit outside of the downtown area but made for great exploration on my bike rides to the countryside! I would GREATLY recommend it!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017
8.0

Really friendly, helpful staff! Tried to make me feel super welcome as a female solo traveller. Location was a bit out of the way from Siena centre, but connected by multiple buses. Only complaint was I stayed in a 12 bed female dorm and the shower looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
1st Jun 2017

Helpful staff, clean facilities, no sheets just blanket provided. Far out location from historic downtown though close to bus stops. Good breakfast

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
31st May 2017
7.1

Amazing staff and not a great atmosphere

26th May 2017

Ridiculously good hostel, very likely the best I've ever stayed in. Gave us free wine, beer and Amaro all evening, got a free lunch the next day (I didn't ask for it, they just offered). Gave us a free ride to town. Offered us free mountain bikes - and not the shoddy ones you usually get in hostels, but actually great, expensive bikes. Only minor downside is no guest kitchen, but they give you plates and cutlery and let you use the fridge if you ask.

• England, Couple, 25-30
25th May 2017

Lovely hostel with incredibly welcoming staff. Only issue we had was that the lock on our door was broken, but they were very eager to help. Breakfast was great, as was the free Tuscan wine! Was also very nice to get a couple of free lifts into town. Would recommend to anyone heading to Siena.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th May 2017

The staff here were completely lovely, very kind and giving, they looked after us so well and were always ready to offer you wine/food/coffee/cookies free of charge!! Dinner every night is 5 euros and it's more than worth it! Cool atmosphere, they always have jazz playing in the common! Really easy to get into the town centre, the bus is right outside, and it's a nice walk too! Would recommend staying here 100%, we loved our stay!