Siena Hostel Reviews

via Fiorentina 89, Siena, Italy

BED BUGS!! After the first night there I was covered in bites and saw bed bugs in the sheets. When I told the staff they promptly moved me to another room - it seems most staff know about the problem in various rooms but are still renting out them out, their attitude was very indifferent when I mentioned my frustration. Not worth staying and getting bed bugs, I'm still trying to get rid of them because I couldn't get rid of them after washing my clothes!!

• 18th Oct 2014

If you are looking for a cheap hostel to stay in just outside of Siena then this place is perfect. The staff are quite friendly, the breakfast is not bad at all :) and the buses come and go so you can always get to Siena centre within like 10 minutes. The facilities are really good, very clean bathrooms, beds and floors. Wifi works everywhere. Not a party hostel and quite a big place so if you are shy then you might not meet anyone there. I would stay here again if I visit Siena again.

Staff were very friendly and go out of their way for you. We were lucky enough to get upgraded which was a nice surprise. Great value for money as well :)

• 12th Oct 2014
  • ashleyy_kelly

Very nice hostel with good atmosphere. Unfortunately located quite far from both the town and train station and the buses aren't incredible to maneuver. The staff were lovely and the hostel was clean, and food was close by.

We had a lovely time here. The staff are welcoming and friendly and the hostel had a good vibe. Very easy to get the bus into the old town. Good restaurant down the road, or pizza across the street. Great wifi too!

I loved this hostel ! The staff was very nice and the atmosphere as well, and the dorms were very clean. The free breakfast was very good, and the facilities were more than I expected. The only downside is that it's not in the city center, but you can get there easily by bus (or a 30-45 minutes walk)

WARNING BED BUGS BED BUGS!!! Needless to say, we were not pleased with our stay here - when I woke up on the 3rd morning with my legs covered in itchy bites I did some quick searching in my covers and actually found a dead bed bug in my sheets. When I went downstairs to complain at reception they did not seem very fussed and even tried to deny it or say it was mosquitoes. We did change rooms but they seemed so unconcerned that I wouldn't be surprised if that room had not been cleaned properly.

• 5th Oct 2014

hello, we apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to emphasize, however, that the cleaning is one of the strengths of the hostel and all our rooms are sanitized with care; it may happen that some guests have in their backpack a bug . After that they can deposit their eggs. Not absolutely dependent on the cleaning. The next day, thanks to your recommendation we proceeded to completely fumigate the room. We apologize again, but coud happen in place with high frequency of people

It was a pleasure staying in this renovated hostel. I liked being slightly away from the busy tourist area. Had 2 lovely meals at Fontebecci Restaurant recommended by the hostel staff. Good food and value for the money. Enjoyed very good pizza by the slice across the street. The staff and management of this hostel were super friendly and helpful. I even got a nice tuna salad made as I walked in at 8pm from a day trip. You can tell that they do thrir very best to satisfy everyone's needs.

In fact, after six weeks travelling in italy hostel siena was-compared to the other hostels i stayed in during my trip-the best hostel!! It was clean, the staff was really friendly and helpfull and they offered such great services like private shuttle to the train/busstation for just 2 euros. Then there was this wonderful breakfast with croissants, juice, cereales, fruits...all included in the price! A breakfast i haven't had for a long time! Another special offer was the diner. For just 5 euros

• 1st Oct 2014

Instructions to get to the hostel could be better, had a bit of trouble. But once arrived I found a very well organised hostel. A rich breakfast in the morning (incl.) and three inexpensive but fresh made dinner offerings, very delicious! Staff is extremely friendly and helpful at all times. Busses going to Florence, San Gimignano,.. are in walking distance. Getting in touch with other guests was a bit hard, maybe because it's a quite big hostel, or maybe just the wrong time. Recommended!

Excellent stay and perfect atmosphere for travellers! A bit far way from the centre, but there is bus station in front of the hostel!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Greece

The staff was very nice and helpful.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

The location is a bit far from town.... better to add more description about the location of the hostel like saying it is up slope when walking from siena train station. Also, better ask whether the guess would like to have an upper or lower bed.

If the breakfast would include salumi (cheese, ham of siena) I would rate this hostel 100%.

Stayed in a double room. Very clean and safe. Staff very kind and helpful. Location far from historical center but in the way to the countryside, which is the best part of siena. Good bikes 8 euros VERY IMPORTANT TIP: If you want to go to the country side (Monteriggioni) by bicicle, Good! There you will see the best landscapes ever! BUT, unless you are an professional athlete, there is no way to come back cicling. It's 12 km up and down hills. Get the train back in Castellina Scalo w/ bikes.

Everything is good except the location. Anyway it is not a big deal for one-day tour.

Breakfast was great, and there were lots of people to meet a chat with. Common areas were nice, and there was generally a good vibe about the hostel, despite it being a little way out of the centre. Only small problems were that a lot of noise from the common area carried into our dorm on the top floor, and that I never managed to get any hot water for my shower.

I had a great time at the hostel, but I definitely got more than lost on my way there! Once I got there, the staff was beyond friendly and the facilities were perfect.

I stayed at Siena hostel for one night. The location is not perfect, as it is a long walk into the city center, but the hostel itself was absolutely okay. Free wifi comes in as a big plus! :)

The Siena Hostel is probably the best hostel i have ever been to. Super friendly and helpful staff, nice rooms and facilities! They serve super delicious and cheap food and breakfast is included, I really can't say anything negative!