Siena Hostel Reviews

via Fiorentina 89, Siena, Italy

Great place to stay, with marvelous staff, good sitting area and good breakfast. Need a 10 minute ride on an inexpensive but the unpredictable bus service

Wonderful hostel! It's a bit out of the city center and it was a little difficult for me to find at first but once you're there the staff is really great in helping you find your way around the city. They even offered me a ride to the train station the morning of my departure! Don't let the bad location steer you away from this place. It's a very clean hostel and the staff displayed some of the best customer- service I've had in my 4 months in Italy! Great stay.

Overall a good hostel. Good included breakfast in the morning. A little far away from the main city center but the bus stop is right out the front of the hostel and easy to navigate. We would stay here again.

Staff were very friendly and you actually saw someone out and about cleaning everyday which was nice. They were very helpful and informative. Will definitely recommend this place to friends!!

Helpful staff, nice free breakfast, the place is surprisingly huge and very modern. It's a bit out of central Siena, but the staff helps you out. Bathrooms were a bit rancid too

This hostel is very professionally run, with friendly staff. It's everything that you are looking for in a hostel.

The profile for this hostel gives you completely the wrong impression - they have a website and are on trip advisor so check them out there!! Completely recommend staying so you can visit Siena it's not an ideal location as it's far from the centre and train station but the walk into Siena is not that big of a deal, and there are buses that leave right outside the hostel. Very large hostel so difficult to meet people but again not a big deal. Free breakfast is a plus and staff are good.

BED BUGS!! After the first night there I was covered in bites and saw bed bugs in the sheets. When I told the staff they promptly moved me to another room - it seems most staff know about the problem in various rooms but are still renting out them out, their attitude was very indifferent when I mentioned my frustration. Not worth staying and getting bed bugs, I'm still trying to get rid of them because I couldn't get rid of them after washing my clothes!!

• 18th Oct 2014

Dear guest, we are very sorry for the incovenience, but in the last week we have been invaded by bugs. We already managed the problem using particular spray and now everthings is ok. We just would remember you that we are always ready to help and refund our guest when something like that happen. I just would remind that Siena Hostel staff was not indifferent about your frustation, as you know we changed you the room and we refunded you! Thank you for your review, kind regards.

If you are looking for a cheap hostel to stay in just outside of Siena then this place is perfect. The staff are quite friendly, the breakfast is not bad at all :) and the buses come and go so you can always get to Siena centre within like 10 minutes. The facilities are really good, very clean bathrooms, beds and floors. Wifi works everywhere. Not a party hostel and quite a big place so if you are shy then you might not meet anyone there. I would stay here again if I visit Siena again.

It was a shared bathroom with one shower which had a glass door that you could see though. They should fix that. This shouldn't be advertised as walking distance to town. It's very far and you'll need to catch the bus, but make sure you tell the bus driver what stop you need or else you'll never find it.

Staff were very friendly and go out of their way for you. We were lucky enough to get upgraded which was a nice surprise. Great value for money as well :)

• 12th Oct 2014
  • ashleyy_kelly

Very nice hostel with good atmosphere. Unfortunately located quite far from both the town and train station and the buses aren't incredible to maneuver. The staff were lovely and the hostel was clean, and food was close by.

We had a lovely time here. The staff are welcoming and friendly and the hostel had a good vibe. Very easy to get the bus into the old town. Good restaurant down the road, or pizza across the street. Great wifi too!

I loved this hostel ! The staff was very nice and the atmosphere as well, and the dorms were very clean. The free breakfast was very good, and the facilities were more than I expected. The only downside is that it's not in the city center, but you can get there easily by bus (or a 30-45 minutes walk)

WARNING BED BUGS BED BUGS!!! Needless to say, we were not pleased with our stay here - when I woke up on the 3rd morning with my legs covered in itchy bites I did some quick searching in my covers and actually found a dead bed bug in my sheets. When I went downstairs to complain at reception they did not seem very fussed and even tried to deny it or say it was mosquitoes. We did change rooms but they seemed so unconcerned that I wouldn't be surprised if that room had not been cleaned properly.

• 5th Oct 2014

hello, we apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to emphasize, however, that the cleaning is one of the strengths of the hostel and all our rooms are sanitized with care; it may happen that some guests have in their backpack a bug . After that they can deposit their eggs. Not absolutely dependent on the cleaning. The next day, thanks to your recommendation we proceeded to completely fumigate the room. We apologize again, but coud happen in place with high frequency of people

It was a pleasure staying in this renovated hostel. I liked being slightly away from the busy tourist area. Had 2 lovely meals at Fontebecci Restaurant recommended by the hostel staff. Good food and value for the money. Enjoyed very good pizza by the slice across the street. The staff and management of this hostel were super friendly and helpful. I even got a nice tuna salad made as I walked in at 8pm from a day trip. You can tell that they do thrir very best to satisfy everyone's needs.

In fact, after six weeks travelling in italy hostel siena was-compared to the other hostels i stayed in during my trip-the best hostel!! It was clean, the staff was really friendly and helpfull and they offered such great services like private shuttle to the train/busstation for just 2 euros. Then there was this wonderful breakfast with croissants, juice, cereales, fruits...all included in the price! A breakfast i haven't had for a long time! Another special offer was the diner. For just 5 euros

Instructions to get to the hostel could be better, had a bit of trouble. But once arrived I found a very well organised hostel. A rich breakfast in the morning (incl.) and three inexpensive but fresh made dinner offerings, very delicious! Staff is extremely friendly and helpful at all times. Busses going to Florence, San Gimignano,.. are in walking distance. Getting in touch with other guests was a bit hard, maybe because it's a quite big hostel, or maybe just the wrong time. Recommended!

Excellent stay and perfect atmosphere for travellers! A bit far way from the centre, but there is bus station in front of the hostel!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Greece

The staff was very nice and helpful.

• 18th Sep 2014