Siena Hostel Reviews

via Fiorentina 89, Siena, Italy

Very nice hostel with friendly staff! When we arrived we got a private room for the same price as a dorm. It's not so close to the city centre but we already got used to this issue with hostels in Italy... The chairs outside are very relaxing to hangout in - we've had a wonderful long evening with good people in those chairs! This is a good hostel that I would recommend.

Breakfast was generous and delicious, the staff were friendly and helpful, and everything was clean. Unfortunately the location of the hostel is very far from the centre of Siena and I feel this lets the hostel down a lot.

Excellent hostel. Two issues....the location. Lucily we had a car.....wouldn't have been happy here w out one. Also the rubberized mattress cover....not comfortable to sleep on. Otherwise good place.

Easy to find with the bus stop directly outside the hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very spacious rooms but toilet doors not secure in any way and there was only to electrical sockets to share between about 8 people. Best part ofthe hostel in my opinion was the bar with cheap drinks in the evening

This hostel is great, the only problem is the location. It's just that bit too far out of town, especially if you're heading out in the evening and coming back late. The busses are pretty straight forward though.

Good hostel. Staff has good attitude and very patient at explaining things such as Palio. Only knock is that it's located way too far from the center of town or any part of the town.

Comfy beds, big open rooms, good bathrooms. Staff were very nice, the hostel cat was cute! The breakfast was good. Just a bit of a walk into town, but the bus stop is right outside the hostel.

Out of the way a little (not much, we walked to it one night from the centre) but compensated by good transport connection. The hostel was brilliant, great breakfast, staff, rooms, facilities, a terrace with tables and umbrellas, deckchairs and table tennis. The best hostel I have stayed in by far. I plan on returning to Siena as much for the city as for this hostel.

Not a terrible hostel, but the location is awful. I'm not sure if there are any better options, but this place is VERY far from town. Walking is not an option, and the bus system is confusing and inconvenient. Buses come every 20-30 minutes, and it takes a while to get to town. There is not much around the hostel. There is a pizza place and a restaurant, both close by 9pm. No grocery store. Siena itself was nice, but the location of this hostel felt depressing and isolated.

I really enjoyed my time in Siena. The staff were very helpful and nice. They were always there to assist me. On a stormy day they provided me with an umbrella. It was also nice to receive free breakfast. In addition, the place was always clean. Therefore, I would recommend this place and stay here again.

• 13th Jun 2015

Clean, neat and organized hostel but it is recommended to just take a bus there since it is quite far away.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Weile94
  • Singapore

Siena hostel was nice, but very far from the city centre and the busses are a bit of a pain to navigate. Also this place isn't the greatest for making friends as people seem to keep to themselves

Very impressed with the facilities which included 2 computers, an outdoor ping pong table, TV (in lounge), vending machines, lounges, large seating area, breakfast, and sinks inside the rooms. They even sell beer and wine up until 11 in the main downstairs area. Definitely enjoyed our stay here. Only 2 complaints were that the wifi was spotty and it was a good 20 minute walk from downtown Siena (part of which is alongside a busy road with no sidewalk). But overall would recommend.

• 7th Jun 2015

It was great to stay at the Siena Hostel. I was impressed with the cleanliness, excellent breakfast and pleasant, relaxed atmosphere. I very much enjoyed ample common spaces both inside and outside of the hostel. Thanks to all staff for making my stay so nice. I will certainly recommend your place. Anna.

• 28th May 2015

Slightly out of the way, but a very excellent hostel. Directions to/from centro could have been clearer (ie bus numbers given, but how long to stay on the bus, which stops to take, etc were a bit vague).

The information for hostel location is not clear.

Everything was ok, except the ladies WC and bathroom did not have a good locking system, and sometimes we could not lock the doors!!! The staff we great, and we liked them all.

• 19th May 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Everything was perfect except for the shower floor! hadn't been cleaned in a long time

Great place, far away from city center if walking.

Amazing friendly staff, great breakfast. We walked into town which only took us 30 min or so. Cup of tea available at any time, bathrooms are very clean and WiFi available in the room. Great hostel, will stay again.