Siena Hostel Reviews

via Fiorentina 89, Siena, Italy

The only downside to this hostel is that it's about a 40 minute walk from the city center (which is fine if you don't mind walking and exploring a city). They also offer occasional shuttles to the center. The staff is incredibly friendly. They're very organized, knowledgeable and do a great job at keeping the hostel clean and tidy. Being that this is the only hostel in the city, you're destined to meet some great people because almost every young tourist seems to stay here.

Staff was very friendly, funny, and accommodating. Everything was very clean, breakfast was great. The breakfast ends at 10 but don't worry the loud construction will wake you up at 7 so no alarm needed. Great outside terrace with tables, ping pong, and board games. Great bikes to rent (can recommend the ride to Monteriggioni). For the love of god change the directions, you don't even say where to get off. If you're taking the 4, you get off at via florentina but no stops announced on bus.

Stayed in the 8 bed female dormitory, was very spacious and had easy access to a connected bathroom. The staff was very friendly and I met many nice people. The only downside was that the location was far away from the city center and I had trouble finding it at night. I would suggest getting on bus # 4, 35, or 36, which you take by getting off the bus or train station and heading across the street and taking the escalators all the way up. Make sure you ask the driver for a ticket.

• 15th Jul 2014

I'm not a big fan of big hostels. This is a huge building with lots of rooms that they rent. It's a nice building tho, looks clean and new. The rooms were quite small, but that's alright. They should extend the plugs closer to beds to charge phones, etc. The staff was very friendly, speaking English and Spanish, cool thing always. Because the hostel is so big you don't get to socialize much, but I guess that's just a personal opinion.

Staff is very very kind. You should order a cold dish for dinner. 5 € for a nice plate and a glace of wine, excellent! Place is clean and simple. Big shortcoming is that the place and rooms are very noisy ... there is a lot of echo in the whole building.

• 11th Jul 2014

Great staff and nice facilities... Really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again!

Breakfast was very good.

Excellent breakfast - so nice to have real croissants for once, nice comfy beds, enjoyed the bike route into the countryside to montereggioni. Felt service was not totally personal and staff did no always e member who you were but that could be because there were so many people staying and the staff changed round often

This hostel was lovely! It's 2km outside of town, but you can walk it in about 20 minutes. It's a nice location away from the hustle and bustle of the city, which makes it nice. The bikes for rent were lovely and a great way to get around! Staff was very friendly and helpful.

By far the best hostel I stayed at during my time in Italy. Friendly staff, super clean, amazing breakfast. Will definitely stay again.

This was a nice hostel, but very much a hostel. We stayed during the days before and after the Palio and it was very busy - this was a plus and a minus. Overall the staff was excellent, very accommodating and spoke quite a few languages. They clearly knew their policies and could anticipate problems for the guests. Unfortunately there was an occasional smell of sewage and the bathrooms were not always the cleanest. They gavw linens but no bath towels - plan accordingly!

Really good hostel included a real breakfast on the morning! This is not in the city center but there is many buses going to the center just in front of the hostel and in just 5 minutes. and the bus to go to Firenze is at 3 minutes by foot.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel very much. Although it is a bit of a walk to the hostel (there is a bus that brings you there) Its a great place to stay. The staff is super friendly, and will help you with anything you need. One of them gave me a ride to the train station, and another gave me great advise on local towns to visit, and even planned out the bus route with me). Also meet a lot of great people there.

Excellent hostel, extremely friendly staff. Free breakfast (buffet), great value for money. The only downside is the location; you have to take a bus from city center. When I came they were reconstructing but once it's done it should be a gorgeous spot to look out for sunrise/sunset overlooking the Tuscan hills.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • hhnd

This hostel is a nice place to stay, very clean and it has a nice atmosphere. It was a bit far from town, I'd say a good hour walk. Breakfast was good! The staff was okay, when we got there, they had a hard time recommending a place to eat. In addition, the afternoon we were leaving town, we went back to the hostel to grab or stuff and rest a bit before our walk to the train station. As we were sitting in the common area the staff member working made us feel unwelcome and rushed us to leave.

I misinterpreted the description of the hostel and thought it was in the historic centre. Unfortunately it was about 3km out and we had to take a bus to get there, which was inconvenient. They are still renovating so it was a little noisy in the morning. Other than that it was a really nice place to stay.

nice staffs and every things were great

Loved this place! Amazing staff!

PLEASE BETTER DIRECTIONS ON WEBSITE! "Take bus 4" doesn't cut it when you've never been to a city before. Something along the lines of "walk out of strain station, stop, don't cross street/anything, and find bus stop marked 4 and you're stop will be *insert street name*" would have been more helpful. The location was pretty bad considering there was no option than to take the bus (the sidewalks weren't safe), but the rest of the hostel was great! I was impressed by the cleanliness and comfy beds

The directions as described online tell you to take the bus no 4-10-35 or 36 and the stop is Antiporto. This tells me that you take the bus to Antiporto which is about 3 km from the hostel. I ended up walking the 3km from Antiporta bus stop to the hostel. However the Anti porto they refer to is the top of the escalators in the shopping centre at the train station. This is not made clear in the directions and needs clarification in their directions.

• 22nd Apr 2014