Siena Hostel Reviews

via Fiorentina 89, Siena, Italy

This ended up being a really great hostel. The location is out of the main city center (hostel needs to make directions clearer-it's actually fentobecci (sp?) stop from the bus. I ended up taking a cab because quite confusing. But staff and rooms were great-called me an early cab and got me Breakfast prepared the night before. Really liked this place actually

I enjoyed my stay in the Siena Hostel a lot, highly recommended! It's pretty clean, free computers

• 18th Mar 2015

An odd place. Reasonably priced and a convenient bus ride into the heart of Siena, it would score a lot higher if the owner and staff would invest a little more in making the place actually FEEL like a hostel! The 'communal' dining and TV area serves more as their domain than an area for residents: the TV is controlled by them, and they gather around it in the evenings while they gorge on their takeaways and Italian football! All a little off-putting... especially as the breakfasts are so basic.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Very nice atmosphere ... very nice friendly personnel ... smile and hospitality ... and a very good breakfast too ... Thanks ... Ciao ..

Its a bit difficult for me to accurately review both the city of Siena and the Hostel. I went during the offseason (end of January), and the whole city was pretty dead. The hostel was very nice, and the staff were exceptional---very friendly and helpful, but I didn't see another guest the whole time I was there (I was only there for a day and a night). The hostel is not located very close to the center of Siena. There is a bus stop close by, but the buses were somewhat confusing.

A modern, world-class hostel any big city would be proud of. Occupies a spacious 4-story hotel-style building on the outskirts of the city. Easily reach the city by a city bus stopping directly in front. Only thing missing is a guest kitchen.

Great place to stay, with marvelous staff, good sitting area and good breakfast. Need a 10 minute ride on an inexpensive but the unpredictable bus service

Wonderful hostel! It's a bit out of the city center and it was a little difficult for me to find at first but once you're there the staff is really great in helping you find your way around the city. They even offered me a ride to the train station the morning of my departure! Don't let the bad location steer you away from this place. It's a very clean hostel and the staff displayed some of the best customer- service I've had in my 4 months in Italy! Great stay.

Overall a good hostel. Good included breakfast in the morning. A little far away from the main city center but the bus stop is right out the front of the hostel and easy to navigate. We would stay here again.

Staff were very friendly and you actually saw someone out and about cleaning everyday which was nice. They were very helpful and informative. Will definitely recommend this place to friends!!

Helpful staff, nice free breakfast, the place is surprisingly huge and very modern. It's a bit out of central Siena, but the staff helps you out. Bathrooms were a bit rancid too

This hostel is very professionally run, with friendly staff. It's everything that you are looking for in a hostel.

The profile for this hostel gives you completely the wrong impression - they have a website and are on trip advisor so check them out there!! Completely recommend staying so you can visit Siena it's not an ideal location as it's far from the centre and train station but the walk into Siena is not that big of a deal, and there are buses that leave right outside the hostel. Very large hostel so difficult to meet people but again not a big deal. Free breakfast is a plus and staff are good.

BED BUGS!! After the first night there I was covered in bites and saw bed bugs in the sheets. When I told the staff they promptly moved me to another room - it seems most staff know about the problem in various rooms but are still renting out them out, their attitude was very indifferent when I mentioned my frustration. Not worth staying and getting bed bugs, I'm still trying to get rid of them because I couldn't get rid of them after washing my clothes!!

• 18th Oct 2014

Dear guest, we are very sorry for the incovenience, but in the last week we have been invaded by bugs. We already managed the problem using particular spray and now everthings is ok. We just would remember you that we are always ready to help and refund our guest when something like that happen. I just would remind that Siena Hostel staff was not indifferent about your frustation, as you know we changed you the room and we refunded you! Thank you for your review, kind regards.

If you are looking for a cheap hostel to stay in just outside of Siena then this place is perfect. The staff are quite friendly, the breakfast is not bad at all :) and the buses come and go so you can always get to Siena centre within like 10 minutes. The facilities are really good, very clean bathrooms, beds and floors. Wifi works everywhere. Not a party hostel and quite a big place so if you are shy then you might not meet anyone there. I would stay here again if I visit Siena again.

It was a shared bathroom with one shower which had a glass door that you could see though. They should fix that. This shouldn't be advertised as walking distance to town. It's very far and you'll need to catch the bus, but make sure you tell the bus driver what stop you need or else you'll never find it.

Staff were very friendly and go out of their way for you. We were lucky enough to get upgraded which was a nice surprise. Great value for money as well :)

Very nice hostel with good atmosphere. Unfortunately located quite far from both the town and train station and the buses aren't incredible to maneuver. The staff were lovely and the hostel was clean, and food was close by.

We had a lovely time here. The staff are welcoming and friendly and the hostel had a good vibe. Very easy to get the bus into the old town. Good restaurant down the road, or pizza across the street. Great wifi too!

I loved this hostel ! The staff was very nice and the atmosphere as well, and the dorms were very clean. The free breakfast was very good, and the facilities were more than I expected. The only downside is that it's not in the city center, but you can get there easily by bus (or a 30-45 minutes walk)