Siena Hostel Reviews

via Fiorentina 89, Siena, Italy

Everything was perfect except for the shower floor! hadn't been cleaned in a long time

Great place, far away from city center if walking.

Amazing friendly staff, great breakfast. We walked into town which only took us 30 min or so. Cup of tea available at any time, bathrooms are very clean and WiFi available in the room. Great hostel, will stay again.

Great place really nice staff key cards for the rooms. Washrooms were university dorm type not very clean. Other than that great hostel

Very hard to find, out of the main town and instructions not very clear on how to find the place. Once there the male staff where pleasant and helpful, the female staff member was rude. Breakfast was great, room was clean, however no lock to the female bathroom had a man wondering in. Blanket in room was filthy, looked like someone had vomited on it.

Everything is perfectly organized and the environment is friendly.

since is the ONLY hostel in beautiful Siena they think they can get away with NOT providing the write directions to the hostel....there are may comments saying the same thing and they don't change the correct way to get there. When i told the staff they felt they had to correct me and then i showed that the address states where to start the journey but not where to end.. we lost A LOT of time because of the lack of information the staff didn't know and didn't care to find out.

The location is a little out of the way, and ad other reviewers mentioned it's so big so can be hard to meet people. Plenty of privacy in the dorms though and the staff are very helpful. I think staying here in high season would be better, when it gets busier.

Staff were very friendly and organized--this is definitely a well-established operation, and it shows (thank you!). The included breakfast was a wonderful surprise.

Very good setup. Lots of common areas, etc. Staff were excellent, helpful with Siena's transport options (+ bus timetables on the wall near reception) and little things like offering a takeaway breakfast when realising I was checking out before normal breakfast time The only downside was the place was virtually taken over by a school group while I was there, which made the common areas almost unusable by others at times. It is out of town a bit, but walkable if you don't get lost coming back.

Staff were most helpful and plenty of information was available. Room and bathroom were clean and everything else worked. There are large common areas in which to relax. All bus connections are very close. Breakfast was very adequate and we were supplied a packed breakfast the night before when we left early on a day trip away. We would definitely recommend this to hostel to travellers to Siena.

Travelling makes a big problem on my digestive system and that is why I like to stay where I can use the kitchen, Otherwise the hostel was good value for money if u are touring around.

Really enjoyed my stay here. It is far from the town centre, but there are good bus links right outside. Cool building, which feels a bit more like a hotel. Good common area for meeting people, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I had some problems with the wifi and a lack of sockets, but other than that the facilities were good. Would recommend.

Tutto molto bene! A really nice and helpful staff, and a nice quiet place to stay. Grazie!!

Really good hostel, the only problem Ishtar is pretty far from the center, but the bus stop is right in front of the hostel and buses are cheap. Think I would stay here again!

This is exactly what you want to look for in a hostel. It is a really cool building with nice clean rooms. Breakfast in the mornings and the staff was super nice. The location is not that bad if you dont mind walking a bit and the bus can drop you off in front of the hotel if you do it right. I never could figure the bus out os i walked every time and it wasnt bad at all. AS SOON AS YOU GET OFF THE ESCALATORS FROM THE TRAIN STATION, TAKE A RIGHT AND WALK STRAIGHT FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES ON THE LEFT

I'd say this is the perfect place to stay in Siena, other than the fact it's in a terrible location. The bus stops right in front of the hostel, but then you have to buy tickets and you have to depend on the bus schedule for travel. Siena is small so I suppose you won't find many options anyway, but it's not near the train station at all. They give you lockers and locks and the breakfast that's included was great. Bathrooms and beds were ok, pretty standard. I'd recommend, but beware of location

This ended up being a really great hostel. The location is out of the main city center (hostel needs to make directions clearer-it's actually fentobecci (sp?) stop from the bus. I ended up taking a cab because quite confusing. But staff and rooms were great-called me an early cab and got me Breakfast prepared the night before. Really liked this place actually

I enjoyed my stay in the Siena Hostel a lot, highly recommended! It's pretty clean, free computers

• 18th Mar 2015

An odd place. Reasonably priced and a convenient bus ride into the heart of Siena, it would score a lot higher if the owner and staff would invest a little more in making the place actually FEEL like a hostel! The 'communal' dining and TV area serves more as their domain than an area for residents: the TV is controlled by them, and they gather around it in the evenings while they gorge on their takeaways and Italian football! All a little off-putting... especially as the breakfasts are so basic.

• 23rd Feb 2015