Siena Hostel Reviews

via Fiorentina 89, Siena, Italy

WARNING BED BUGS BED BUGS!!! Needless to say, we were not pleased with our stay here - when I woke up on the 3rd morning with my legs covered in itchy bites I did some quick searching in my covers and actually found a dead bed bug in my sheets. When I went downstairs to complain at reception they did not seem very fussed and even tried to deny it or say it was mosquitoes. We did change rooms but they seemed so unconcerned that I wouldn't be surprised if that room had not been cleaned properly.

• 5th Oct 2014

hello, we apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to emphasize, however, that the cleaning is one of the strengths of the hostel and all our rooms are sanitized with care; it may happen that some guests have in their backpack a bug . After that they can deposit their eggs. Not absolutely dependent on the cleaning. The next day, thanks to your recommendation we proceeded to completely fumigate the room. We apologize again, but coud happen in place with high frequency of people

It was a pleasure staying in this renovated hostel. I liked being slightly away from the busy tourist area. Had 2 lovely meals at Fontebecci Restaurant recommended by the hostel staff. Good food and value for the money. Enjoyed very good pizza by the slice across the street. The staff and management of this hostel were super friendly and helpful. I even got a nice tuna salad made as I walked in at 8pm from a day trip. You can tell that they do thrir very best to satisfy everyone's needs.

In fact, after six weeks travelling in italy hostel siena was-compared to the other hostels i stayed in during my trip-the best hostel!! It was clean, the staff was really friendly and helpfull and they offered such great services like private shuttle to the train/busstation for just 2 euros. Then there was this wonderful breakfast with croissants, juice, cereales, fruits...all included in the price! A breakfast i haven't had for a long time! Another special offer was the diner. For just 5 euros

Instructions to get to the hostel could be better, had a bit of trouble. But once arrived I found a very well organised hostel. A rich breakfast in the morning (incl.) and three inexpensive but fresh made dinner offerings, very delicious! Staff is extremely friendly and helpful at all times. Busses going to Florence, San Gimignano,.. are in walking distance. Getting in touch with other guests was a bit hard, maybe because it's a quite big hostel, or maybe just the wrong time. Recommended!

1 2 Next » last »