Siena Hostel Reviews

via Fiorentina 89, Siena, Italy

Clean, neat and organized hostel but it is recommended to just take a bus there since it is quite far away.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Weile94
  • Singapore

Siena hostel was nice, but very far from the city centre and the busses are a bit of a pain to navigate. Also this place isn't the greatest for making friends as people seem to keep to themselves

Very impressed with the facilities which included 2 computers, an outdoor ping pong table, TV (in lounge), vending machines, lounges, large seating area, breakfast, and sinks inside the rooms. They even sell beer and wine up until 11 in the main downstairs area. Definitely enjoyed our stay here. Only 2 complaints were that the wifi was spotty and it was a good 20 minute walk from downtown Siena (part of which is alongside a busy road with no sidewalk). But overall would recommend.

• 7th Jun 2015

It was great to stay at the Siena Hostel. I was impressed with the cleanliness, excellent breakfast and pleasant, relaxed atmosphere. I very much enjoyed ample common spaces both inside and outside of the hostel. Thanks to all staff for making my stay so nice. I will certainly recommend your place. Anna.

• 28th May 2015

Slightly out of the way, but a very excellent hostel. Directions to/from centro could have been clearer (ie bus numbers given, but how long to stay on the bus, which stops to take, etc were a bit vague).

The information for hostel location is not clear.

Everything was ok, except the ladies WC and bathroom did not have a good locking system, and sometimes we could not lock the doors!!! The staff we great, and we liked them all.

• 19th May 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Everything was perfect except for the shower floor! hadn't been cleaned in a long time

Great place, far away from city center if walking.

Amazing friendly staff, great breakfast. We walked into town which only took us 30 min or so. Cup of tea available at any time, bathrooms are very clean and WiFi available in the room. Great hostel, will stay again.

Great place really nice staff key cards for the rooms. Washrooms were university dorm type not very clean. Other than that great hostel

Very hard to find, out of the main town and instructions not very clear on how to find the place. Once there the male staff where pleasant and helpful, the female staff member was rude. Breakfast was great, room was clean, however no lock to the female bathroom had a man wondering in. Blanket in room was filthy, looked like someone had vomited on it.

Everything is perfectly organized and the environment is friendly.

since is the ONLY hostel in beautiful Siena they think they can get away with NOT providing the write directions to the hostel....there are may comments saying the same thing and they don't change the correct way to get there. When i told the staff they felt they had to correct me and then i showed that the address states where to start the journey but not where to end.. we lost A LOT of time because of the lack of information the staff didn't know and didn't care to find out.

The location is a little out of the way, and ad other reviewers mentioned it's so big so can be hard to meet people. Plenty of privacy in the dorms though and the staff are very helpful. I think staying here in high season would be better, when it gets busier.

Staff were very friendly and organized--this is definitely a well-established operation, and it shows (thank you!). The included breakfast was a wonderful surprise.

Very good setup. Lots of common areas, etc. Staff were excellent, helpful with Siena's transport options (+ bus timetables on the wall near reception) and little things like offering a takeaway breakfast when realising I was checking out before normal breakfast time The only downside was the place was virtually taken over by a school group while I was there, which made the common areas almost unusable by others at times. It is out of town a bit, but walkable if you don't get lost coming back.

Staff were most helpful and plenty of information was available. Room and bathroom were clean and everything else worked. There are large common areas in which to relax. All bus connections are very close. Breakfast was very adequate and we were supplied a packed breakfast the night before when we left early on a day trip away. We would definitely recommend this to hostel to travellers to Siena.

Travelling makes a big problem on my digestive system and that is why I like to stay where I can use the kitchen, Otherwise the hostel was good value for money if u are touring around.

Really enjoyed my stay here. It is far from the town centre, but there are good bus links right outside. Cool building, which feels a bit more like a hotel. Good common area for meeting people, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I had some problems with the wifi and a lack of sockets, but other than that the facilities were good. Would recommend.