Sihome Backpackers Hostel Reviews

056 Sihome Road, Sihome Village Vientiane, Vientiane, Laos

Stayed only one night in a double room. The room was room was nice a clean however it was full of Mosquitos when we arrived. Needless to say we got eaten alive by them while sleeping. This may have been a once off but considering it was an internal room I feel it was unacceptable.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Some of the staff were very abrupt and rude especially when serving breakfast. Not made to feel welcome when we first arrived. The man on reception was very odd character and had no customer service.

Stayed at Sihome Backpackers Garden 'cause the tuk tuk driver got me there and they had enough room. Really enjoyed my stay in the Backpackers Garden! The stuff was nice and welcoming, the breakfast delicious and the bed clean and fresh. Would recommend staying there instead of in the Sihome Backpackers - simple because is really good and has a big outside area to chill, socialize and do sports.

The free breakfast was so much better than we expected- lots of choice and the beds were pretty comfy, had a good stay here!

Great place to relax, they have a very nice tv room and a pool table. The rooms are spacious and clean with a tv in it. Bathroom was very nice with a bathtub and strong shower. Only bad part were the beds which were not that comfortable.

I had trouble a couple different times with tuk tuk drivers not knowing where to take me. Somewhat social in the common area and not too far from things in the heart of Vientiane. Stayed there a second night on our return to Vientiane and they must have overbooked because they sent us to Vientiane Garden Hotel next door which was quite nice relative to the hostel. But they also charged us more without asking us or telling us.

Not too sure how this place got rated so highly. We were overcharged 2 of 3 nights and approx only half the staff were friendly and had 'the time of day' to help you with queries. I may just be too old for the blaring drum n bass atmosphere. The best thing about the place was 'Ray's Grill' just down the street.

great hostel, artistic, creative, great breakfast which makes stay big value, good food available all day (price reasonable). staff and management European and Australian so understand customer service and speak english which is very helpful in a city which is learning about tourism. clean rooms all very good indeed. very good wifi

• 23rd Mar 2014

Locks on room doors did not seem very secure. Building also did not have any visible locks, although staff were always present day or night. The bed in the double room is extremely firm. Otherwise, staff are friendly and informative. Breakfast was always appreciated. It would be wonderful if the rooms were provided with at least one bottle of water a day.

Nice hostel with a good free breakfast. The water wasn't working in the beginning, so the toilets could't be flushed. Next time they should put a bucket of water with a scoop next to the toilet, so you can manually flush it. They turn on the aircon around 16.00 or 17.00 in the dorms. The separate showers have a really nice big showerhead.

Loved the TV room good selection of movies! Not much to do in Vientiane however so only stay a couple of days

Arrived late at night so they only had a bed for me at Sihome Garden. No complains, really enjoyed my stay here. Staff was very helpful with the queries I had and also suggested placed I could go to around the area. Place is quiet at night and there is air condition in the room. Yes, the number of toilets for the dorms is limited but I never had to queue or anything.

Breakfast is included which is good! Dorms are clean and staff are extremely friendly and very helpful! Have a movie room with loads of movie! Stayed here twice and a great place to meet new people and to stay 😊

Great location. Awesome free breakfast. Friendly staff. Clean facilities.

Brilliant and social hostel, breakfast is great. Would highly recommend !

Interesting interior design with spacious room and entry way. Though fairly far from the centre, it s still in a walking distance to town. Anyway, shared bathroom for all dorm is not enough during rush hour.

Stayed for 2 nights - free breakfast was good (apart from pancakes), film room was good, stayed in 8 person dorm, fan and ac at night so not too hot, large lockers, good showers but only 2 toilets for all the dorms but we never had a problem. Sorted our bus and visas to Vietnam but worth haggling for as we got about 70,000 kip off the bus after finding it cheaper elsewhere! Staff very helpful and friendly.

Our double room with ensuite was spotless. Location very central. Great room covered with foam mats for watching movies or crashing out after arriving on an overnight bus in the early hours of the morning (& no rooms vacated & available yet). Breakfast good & cheap. Bus trip prices a bit high.

Although I only stayed here one night (I was passing through on my way to Cambodia) but really enjoyed my stay here! Yes there are better hostels out there, but compared to most of the places I stayed in Laos, this place was heaven. Comfortable, clean rooms, free breakfast, and lots of common space. For $7 a night, it's definitely worth the money.

Spacious and lovely, great breakfast

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5