Sihome Backpackers Hostel Reviews

056 Sihome Road, Sihome Village Vientiane, Vientiane, Laos

Nice place with great staff!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Israel

I love it. !!!!

• 8th Sep 2014

one of the best Hostels I've been to! staff was awesome, atmosphere was really cool! liked it a lot!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Definitely recommend this hostel to anyone. Very helpful and friendly staff, they helped us book trip to Budda Park, get Visa to Vietnam, also cheap flight ticket to Hanoi(cheaper than I looked online). Clean, good A/C in all the rooms, best rain hot shower ever in 3 months travel around S.E so far. They also have great asmosphere in the lobby with cool pool table and movie room where I met some crazy fellow backpackers.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Sihome Backpackers Hostel is a clean small hotel in a building with art noveau floors and tiles. It is decorated also with some art decoux pieces mixed with etnographic apointments might form Vietnam. The overall result is very sicere, cosy and quiet atmosphere. We stayed in a shining room, with a nice view over the village. A big bed and a nice wc and shower on the suite. it is a nice place to stay.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Really nice big and light room with a great aircon. Bed was fairly hard but I guess that is SE Asia all around. Free breakfast had a few options but it was a little average - but included so can't really complain. Great location to see the sites and close to a great pizza place and an epic burger place! Found the staff a little interesting on check in. They continually asked us why we were only staying one night. Not really a persuasive sales technique!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Only stayed 1 night but the place seemed a decent backpacker spot. Good wifi but dorms were a bit cramped.

This hostel is a very popular place with tourists waiting to transit to other places in South East Asia, Lao including. Unfortunately this makes Vientiane a "revolving door" for many visitors. Low-quality service and high prices (since a lot of us simply has to go through VT) is the business model for many local businesses. There are not too many places in the town that would give you a good value or excellent service. I'd say this is one of the better places to stay at in the area so far.

The hostel is nice and clean, staff are very friendly and helpful. It's a bit off from the main area but night market and some nice temples are still within walking distance. If you want a bed & breakfast with reasonable price I would recommended this hostel for your trip in Vientiane. It was one of the loveliest hostels that I have ever stayed in.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Vietnam

Found bedbugs in my room and eventually I did not stay here. Needs to be resolved, otherwise it's a good hostel

In a relatively convenient spot for reaching the tourist spots and I met some cool people, the positives end there. The staff were generally rude and unhelpful, there was one nice young guy working there but the rest were terrible. I booked in for a 4 bed deluxe dorm and was put in an 8 bed standard room with no explanation. The beds were uncomfortable, the room doors weren't locked, you had to ask to have a/c switched on etc. It was clean and the under bed lockers were suitable though.

very nice backpacker accommodation in walking distance to the city center. staff is very friendly. both toilets and showers are far too small - there is hardly any space for moving at all. the water in the middle shower (on the top floor) is extremely hot and both my friends got burnt because it becomes hot very suddenly. the floor mats in the bathrooms are a bit unhygienic in my point of view because lots of bacteria can accumulate in the mats. would b better not to have floor mats at all.

The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable! I would stay here again.

Friendly staff and can meet new friends from around the world it just like a meeting point which gather all travelers. the surrounding was great, facilities they provide are good enough. The room was very clean and comfortable. Great location too.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Decent, modern hostel with fab breakfasts and large lockers under bed! Only gripe would be that there are only two showers and two toilets shared between the dorm rooms which sleep around 25 people in total so things can get a little crowded! If travelling in a couple/group is recommend a private room.

Very basic hostel. Staff was nice and doing their best for helping you. Upstairs toilets and showers were flowed all the time and very uncomfortable use these facilities.

Great little hostel. The rooms are very nice, clean and have everything you need. The included breakfast is delicious.The staff were so helpful and friendly, it really made a huge difference to our stay. Would stay here again.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Only stayed one night for a stop over but was nice

Staff are nice. Toilet is ok but could have been cleaner. The 6-bed dorm is really nice, I really liked it. The hostel offers good atmosphere to meet fellow travelers.

BED BUGS. I spent two nights in one of the dorms on the top level and woke up with dozens of bed bug bites on my body. When I killed a lethargic bed bug that I found under my bed (where luggage is stored) and presented it to the hostel manager, he tried to bribe me (around $25) not to post on this website. I felt very uncomfortable and pressured to accept the bribe. Apparently the hostel had bed bugs for a week before me. Otherwise, great food, fun atmosphere, okay price. bed bugs

• 18th Aug 2014