Sihome Backpackers Hostel Reviews

056 Sihome Road, Sihome Village Vientiane, Vientiane, Laos

The staff are friendly in this hostel and they kept the rooms and bathrooms clean. It is in a good location with lots of things to do in the city all at a walkable distance. The beds are hard and there is not much space in the dorms. The private rooms looked really nice though. It is possible to leave your bags there all day however there is no system for locking them away or knowing whose bag is whose.

Pros - nice atmosphere, great tv room, Wi-Fi inside the rooms, good breakfast Cons - only 3 showers, 2 sinks and 2 toilets for the entire floor (~24 beds). Not close to a whole lot of sightseeing places. Lady at the desk wasn't friendly, not ride either just very business like

Really great place loved it, pool tabl and tv room made for an enjoyable atmosphere, really nice food and great staff! Would definitely stay again

• 5th Aug 2014

Awesome Hostel and highly recommend. Both David and Minh where absolutely epic staffers who where always there to help with whatever you need, even if that's someone to play a game of Pool with. David has been so good he Is still giving us tips on places to see and visit in Vietnam days after we left Lao. The hostel has a great atmosphere and the room was top notch featuring two king beds, a decent bathroom and a balcony outlooking the street below. Sheets and towels were not changed during.

• 4th Aug 2014

Had a fantastic stay at Sihome during my first visit to Laos! Mr Michael and his staff did a thorough job to ensure the hostel is clean (daily) and comfortable! The pool table is awesome and the female receptionist was extremely helpful with my onward travels, extending to Vietnam! Although, I found the number of bathrooms and stalls a bit wanting. Almost 20 dormitory guests shared three showers and two toilets. Apart from that, would definitely recommend to any travellers!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Good vibe and friendly staff. You will no doubt run into a local named David. Beat h at pool and you're doing well!

Really enoyed this place goodto chil out

BED BUGS!!!!! We stayed in a 8 bedroom dorm and in the morning when we woke up me and another girl felt itchy and then the girl across from us looked at her leg at it was covered from top to bottom with red lumps! Her bed was crawling and they were all up the wall! And also in the movie room. Apart from that the staff were really cool.

• 29th Jul 2014

We have stayed there for only one night. We have just stepped in the room that we were welcome by an army of rats. They were having a party all nights in the wall right behind the bed. That would have been a very good, an excellent place to stay if it were not for the rats

Sihome is a great hostel for it's price. David was a big help and always super friendly!

Very good hostel. Great place to meet people. Close to the river and city center. Good free breakfast. Very personable staff. David is a big character.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Great hostel for Vientiane in a good location, and the staff members are extremely helpful and friendly. Like David who drove me to the embassy just to make sure I would get my passport and make my bus on time.

I am in the Sihome B. for the second time as the first one was a very good experience... especially the staff... David is the best one always with a good smile a nice welcome to the guest. I high recommend it!!!

Great stay at Sihome hostel, very good location just 5 mins walk to town. Staff are all really friendly and will help organise busses etc! David is always about the place keeping everyone happy and wanting to play pool with you ! Would recommend this hostel

I just stay for a night in a dorm room with double-decker. Each bed would have a locker but to bring your own pad lock. The room was air-conditioned so it was so comfortable when the weather is hot outside. Value for money! And not forgottable very nice staff, David who are very helpful and friendly.

I have stayed at Sihome Backpackers Hostel just 1 night but just feel like a week. The staff were so friendly and helpful especially Mr. Michael was an absolute star! helping us with useful advices what to do and where to eat... Rooms are nice and clean. I highly recommend this hostel to any visitors.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Awesome place! Helpful, friendly staffs Expecially David and Ngoc who books a ton stuff for me. Cheap Tuk Tuk to Budda Park and so cheap flight ticket. Thank you again Ngoc.The rooms are great! Really fresh clean bedding, AC and good bathroom facilities. Great place to meet other backpackers too as there is a great common area. They played cool music and there is a movie room fully equipped with loads of films to choose from. Highly recommend it to another ones.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Good location, friendly staff. We rented bikes to explore city for a good price from hotel. The map they give you isn't very clear. Nice communal area with free pool table to use. Room was quite spacious and clean. only criticism is that when we arrived back after a day out our door was unlocked. Nothing was stolen but security could be improved.

• 19th Jul 2014

Value for money. You get what you pay for. No complaints at all.

Very friendly staff ( especially David!). All the rooms were clean with Aircon and the free included breakfast was great. I recommend Sihome backpackers hostel!

• 17th Jul 2014