Silver Central Hostel Reviews

Kralja Tomislava 1, Split, Croatia

The staff was friendly and made good suggestions. Our private room was large, clean, and the bed comfortable. A good value, and actually one of our favorites on a 3 week trip through Franc Italy, Croatia.

• 6th Oct 2013

Very nice hostel but didnt have a kitchen or room locks

Good location and the first check-in staff member was okay but the next morning we were confused with another party and asked to pay for a 3rd person we did not have in our group of 2. The staff member was quite rude and never asked our names. I also found the cleaner quite rude and there was a problem with the showers/toilets in the morning and people could not use them though still expected to leave at the same check-out time.

good hostel. Excellent location.. Friendly staff.. Close to the action.. Good atmosphere for meeting people.. Yet quite to sleep.. I stayed here twice during my time in Croatia and would stay again.. Cheers

Compact little place, clean enough and located well. Overall Ok but not amazing, I might stay again but tempted to explore a different hostel. Didn't tell them when I was there but when you read this you can check it out, your aircon in room 2 makes a racket every 30min as if there is a loose pipe vibrating when compressor or fan fires up, needs to be secured or tied.

Excellent location and value for money, comfortable beds and nice dorms. There's a fridge and microwave, but no other kitchen facilities, and the atmosphere was a bit lacking when I was there. Friendly staff :)

This hostel is located right at the edge of the Old Town/Diocletian's Palace area, steps away from some shops and plenty of restaurants and bars. The staff is really friendly and helpful, and the hostel itself has enough amenities to keep you busy should you want some chill time (although why would you want given the awesome city that awaits you outside?!). The riva is within a few minutes walk, and beaches are within 15-20 minutes walk. Great experience all around, I'd definitely go again!

We had an awesome pirivate room!! Great size room and bathroom and even had a washing machine to clean our cloths after our week sailing. Would recommend this place to anyone that comes to split!

Second time we stayed at this hostel because the location is ideal. You're given sheets at check in to make your bed which means you get a nice view of all the various stains on the mattresses and pillows - there was also a thick layer of dust on my bed frame...

Hostel has great location, right close to the promenade and to the main areas of split.

On the whole I enjoyed my time here. The staff were absolutely lovely and very helpful; the location is incredible and the hostel itself is cozy and clean. Lack of a kitchen was a slight let down. I stayed here twice, and on my second stay my phone was stolen while I slept. Whilst this ruined the end of my trip, I tried to put it into perspective; theft can happen to anyone anywhere and I don't blame the hostel's security. The American lady on the desk was so helpful so I'm grateful to her.

Clean and tidy with an excellent location.. if only it had a kitchen.. still a good place to stay and would definitely stay again... plenty of food options around so no kitchen not a huge biggy

No locks on the dorm doors but someone is on reception most of the day - lockers in the rooms are tall and skinny so a rucksack won't fit but you can put some valuables in. Facilities in the common room fairly poor, dishes provided but you have to wash them in the bathroom (without scrubbing brushes). No ladders on the bunk beds - slightly awkward when you don't know the person below you and have to spring on to the top bunk from their bed possibly while they're sleeping!

Lady on the desk during the was super helpful!

very good hostel. great staff/service...they are very helpful and nice and welcoming. perfect location right in the center of town, it is also very clean with air conditioning. it is not a huge hostel which is good because it is never too crowded or loud.

American lady who works there was brilliant. So helpful. Gave great advice about where to go out for food/drinks or where to do or see things. She was really friendly and lovely.

• 13th Aug 2013

My boyfriend and I had an amazing stay at the beautiful apartment we got by booking a private double through silver central. Along with the great location, the apartment was clean, private, and included a washer, kitchenette and great a/c. It was a wonderful place to return to after a delicious dinner at dvor (also highly recommended).

Lovely hostel, very centrally located yet pretty quiet still. Staff were friendly, helpful and sociable. 2 showers and toilets per gender for four dorm rooms is not the best ratio but everything was clean enough and I didn't have to wait any time.

The hostel is really nice, the location is perfect and everything the have work.

Was really happy with the hostel and the staff were very helpful and welcoming. Would highly recommend!

• 30th Jul 2013