Silver Central Hostel Reviews

Kralja Tomislava 1, Split, Croatia

This hostel is noisy because all rooms are positioned around the common room and the cleanliness isn't up to scratch. great location and friendly staff however.

Very well located near the old town and not far from the beach

Rooms were large with lockers, air con and wifi. Having read the reviews before hand some people complained that there were no locks on the doors, but it really wasn't an issue. Super location, close to everything! Bathrooms were only cleaned once in the morning and the sinks could have used a wipe by the end of the day. The showers don't drain well, and if it was busy there was often no hot water left. Not a huge deal because it's so hot anyway. Staff were helpful.

• 12th Jul 2014

A good template for what a hostel should be. Good location, comfy beds, chill atmosphere, and strong internet. Had a nice stay.

If service and location are the primary characteristics of a good hostel then the Silver Central Hostel deserves praise.The staff were excellent in their information and advice.Always accommodating and eager to assist in every aspect of our stay made our visit to magnificent Split very easy. Location cannot be faltered.Dorm rooms are clean and comfortable and The 1 bedroom apartment was good value.

Nice and helpful staff, the guy took us out one night and we had a great party! Walking distance to bus/ferry (even with a heavy bag). There's unfortunately no kitchen, otherwise it would have been perfect.

Great hostel, excellent location in the heart of city (you can walk to nearby tourist attractions, restaurant, shopping, bus, train and ferry station), staff is very friendly and helpful, helped with any question I had. I was given recommendations on where to eat, go out and attractions to see. Spacious and welcoming rooms with air condition, clean common area and bathrooms! Free computers to use and wifi available throughout the hostel. Will definitely stay again!

Overall the hostel was fine, just lacking in atmosphere. We were there out of high season, but it did seem exceptionally quiet. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful, but some less so.

We rented the apartment for 2. It was a big apartment right in the centre of the city. a friendly staff who walked us to the apartment. There ware free to see DVDmovies in the hostel, we could take a couple to our apartment. Only downsite was that you could hear everything from the streets (so the windows are not thick)

The staff was friendly and made good suggestions. Our private room was large, clean, and the bed comfortable. A good value, and actually one of our favorites on a 3 week trip through Franc Italy, Croatia.

• 6th Oct 2013

Very nice hostel but didnt have a kitchen or room locks

Good location and the first check-in staff member was okay but the next morning we were confused with another party and asked to pay for a 3rd person we did not have in our group of 2. The staff member was quite rude and never asked our names. I also found the cleaner quite rude and there was a problem with the showers/toilets in the morning and people could not use them though still expected to leave at the same check-out time.

good hostel. Excellent location.. Friendly staff.. Close to the action.. Good atmosphere for meeting people.. Yet quite to sleep.. I stayed here twice during my time in Croatia and would stay again.. Cheers

Compact little place, clean enough and located well. Overall Ok but not amazing, I might stay again but tempted to explore a different hostel. Didn't tell them when I was there but when you read this you can check it out, your aircon in room 2 makes a racket every 30min as if there is a loose pipe vibrating when compressor or fan fires up, needs to be secured or tied.

Excellent location and value for money, comfortable beds and nice dorms. There's a fridge and microwave, but no other kitchen facilities, and the atmosphere was a bit lacking when I was there. Friendly staff :)

This hostel is located right at the edge of the Old Town/Diocletian's Palace area, steps away from some shops and plenty of restaurants and bars. The staff is really friendly and helpful, and the hostel itself has enough amenities to keep you busy should you want some chill time (although why would you want given the awesome city that awaits you outside?!). The riva is within a few minutes walk, and beaches are within 15-20 minutes walk. Great experience all around, I'd definitely go again!

We had an awesome pirivate room!! Great size room and bathroom and even had a washing machine to clean our cloths after our week sailing. Would recommend this place to anyone that comes to split!

Second time we stayed at this hostel because the location is ideal. You're given sheets at check in to make your bed which means you get a nice view of all the various stains on the mattresses and pillows - there was also a thick layer of dust on my bed frame...

Hostel has great location, right close to the promenade and to the main areas of split.

On the whole I enjoyed my time here. The staff were absolutely lovely and very helpful; the location is incredible and the hostel itself is cozy and clean. Lack of a kitchen was a slight let down. I stayed here twice, and on my second stay my phone was stolen while I slept. Whilst this ruined the end of my trip, I tried to put it into perspective; theft can happen to anyone anywhere and I don't blame the hostel's security. The American lady on the desk was so helpful so I'm grateful to her.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7