Silver Gate Hostel Reviews

Hrvojeva 6, Split, Croatia

Neat little place just off the port of split. Spacious rooms and very close to old town, restaurants and the market place is right outside your door! definitely worth staying here for a night or two especially on a budget or before you head off on a sail

Excellent location, very small hostel, caused a slightly flat atmosphere. Beds were comfy though some bunks were squeaky, good aircon as it was in a heatwave. Both the female staff members we're helpful, while the male member (s) left a lot to be desired. Security was good in our room with decent size lockers, however room next to us was essentially a corridor so very insecure.

Didn't feel safe as soon as we arrived. No locks on any of the doors, have to walk through one room to get to another! No head for the shower and shower was cold! Location was excellent.

There was air conditioning in the room which was great and the beds were comfy and the sheets clean. I arrived after the reception was closed and they emailed me the key code to open the door and instructions for which bed was mine. Overall great stay!

Expensive during Ultra Europe but it's expensive everywhere @ that time. Excellent hostel!

• 11th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff and in a great location

Staff are very friendly, the wifi was reliable and facilities were clean and tidy. Turns out they have rooms scattered throughout the city because we ended up staying in a room 200m up from the actual hostel which we were not expecting and it was more of an apartment than a hostel but was perfect for us who just wanted a quiet night after a week of sail Croatia! Would recommend

The location of this hostel is great close to the port and the bus station as well as the market. However the staff were unhelpful in telling us about the local area. The room also didn't lock and there was only a code to get into the main building. The kitchen didn't have a hob or oven only a microwave and a fridge which is hard if your wanting to save money and eat in. The bathroom wasn't overly clean with the shower not draining properly etc.

I chose a 3 bedroom dorm. unfortunately this is located in a different building to where all the larger dorms are, which meant that it had absolutely no atmosphere which is important to me as a solo traveller- so if you want to meet people then get a larger dorm or walk over and up all the stairs to the main building. shower was the WORST EVER. fantastic location in the centre of split though. stairs up to the room is annoying with heavy luggage. good wifi. good aircon.

clean beds, powerful ac, palace adjacent. almost perfect. need bigger lockers and somewhere to wash the dishes that isn't the bathroom sink. laundry machine was broken when I went but they do have one. thanks for a pleasant stay

I didn't plan on staying in Split but luckily I misses a ferry to Mljet and booked a night in Silver Gate hostel Because Its very close to the ferry station. I was pleasantly surprised with a warm welcome and very good tips. Everything was clean and comfy.I am definitely planning to come back after Mljet If I find the time before my flight.

• 22nd Jun 2015

I stayed at the hostel on a stopover to island Hvar. I was a late arrival and the staff was very accommodating to my schedule needs. The hostel was really close to the train/ferry port. Perfect for visiting split local attractions.

• Spain

Great hostel with the excellent location in the old town. Great recommendations and day trips planned as well. Would stay again.

• 21st Jun 2015

I only stayed there for one night but i had great time. The staff took everybody out and it was amazing. Location was good.

• 21st Jun 2015

It was a good hostel but I've stayed at better. Had to walk up something like 4 flights of stairs to check in, then down and up another 4 flights to get to room, then down and up the same initial 4 to check-out. The bathroom was a bit dubious too. Always a bit worried about who was looking in, especially given the shower curtain was ripped. The staff was very nice and kind, though, and probably would've enjoyed staying in the main section instead.

Staff was cold and unhelpful. Great location.

Good location. The staff I met were in average, but still acceptable. What I actually hate is the bunk bed has no stairway, it's not easy for me to get to the upper bed

Very average stay. Unfortunately one staff member let down the rest by being incredibly rude and unaccomodating which is very unusual in hostels. No towels, no kitchen, no locks on the doors and tiny lockers. Atmosphere was very average and no reception after 10 so very hard for late or early morning arrivals. Unfortunate because the place is in an incredible location and has amazing potential.

Try to avoid speaking with the guy at the reception with the beard, he is just not friendly and very rude. He is going to make you have a bad day. The two girls were nice tough. Also, I would suggest you install some sort of hook so we can hang a towel when we take a shower and so we dont have to put our stuff on the floor. Location was the best tough!

I like this hostel so much so I stayed on an extra week all the staff have been so nice help full in every way possible. The location is unreal and it has a view of the palace tower. Best hostel I have stayed in so far.

• 13th Jun 2015