Silver Gate Hostel Reviews

Hrvojeva 6, Split, Croatia

Everything was great in the Apartment apart from the bathroom smell and the hot water when there's a lot of people

Terrible... When we arrived, we decided to cancel the 4 next nights we booked... Really small... dark... And the showers were SUPER DIRTY ! Hair everywhere, Floor full of dirt people let because of their shoes etc. The receptionist didn't get what we were saying and forced us to pay for the 2nd night (the one we wanted to cancel) because she said 24h cancellation policy is 24h before 10 AM... (god knows why). She was blackmailed by her boss... (what she said). finally stayed 1 night instead of 5

We booked a private double,

Good hostel with friendly staff! We stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was clean and comfortable. Only problem was another 6 bed dorm was attached to our room so they walked through our dorm to get to their's.. overall good place to stay

Great hostel with a homely feel to it.

Smaller hostel than I thought There are no locks on the bedroom doors but there are only three rooms so it was like staying in a share house. The location was pretty good, right next to palace and ports.

Great place. Highly recommended

only stayed a night, but great atmosphere and location! Staff were friendly and very helpful and invited us out. Women's bathroom only has one shower stall, however

We took a double room. It was in an apartment on the other side of the street, with two other rooms. The AC saved us form a heat stroke! Great location.

There was no real kitchen, just a fridge and microwave and I would have preferred the chance to cook when Split can be quite expensive. The common area is quite small but homely and the location is great, right next to the Palace. Staff were friendly and helped with places to eat or recommendations of what to do.

I had a great night's sleep here. The staff were very helpful with giving you directions etc but weren't so friendly. Door is locked after 11pm and a code is needed to get in so pretty safe at night. No kitchen but plate and cups provided. Only 2 showers, one male and one female, made for some morning delays. Otherwise a decent hostel.

호수와 걸어서 20-30분 정도 다소 멀지만. 친절함과 청결함으로 견딜수 있음 터미널까지 픽업 가능함

Very good location and very nice and helpful staff. I booked for one night and was not sure to stay another night, but the staff made a reservation for me even if I was not sure to stay, so I could have a bed (hostels in Split were full during the summer, I finally decided to stay and I couldn't if the staff didn't pre book a bed for me).

Really enjoyed our stay, really helpful man on reception who recommended lovely reasonable local place to eat, brilliant location for the two and three bed apts, most comfy stay during our month! Highly recommend if you can get a room

Hostel located just 15 min team ride from main square, very clean and spacious rooms with beds that are comfortable and air con. Staff are very helpful and there is a good and cheap bar/restaurant they own just outside the hostel. Also are able to help you out with pub crawls etc. Would definately stay here again.

Great hostel, clean, affordable, excellent location and friendly staff. Would definitively stay there again!

• 23rd Jul 2013
  • Croatia

You could see the walls of the palace from our window! So close to the centre and good shower facilities. They had a fridge but no actual cooking facilities so we had to eat out which didn't cause too many problems as Croatian restaurants are extremely cheap!

Great location right in the old town center. In walking distance to ferry/bus terminal, beaches and city center. We stayed two night at the Hostel. It´s definitely a place to meet people. The space is pretty open, more like one big dorm. The staff is very friendly and will tell you about all the good places to go. A minus from my side is the fact, that there wasn't any kitchen facilities, besides a fridge and some dishes.

Great hostel for our time at ultra...would highly recommend

Bathroom was really clean, nice shower. beds were good. But didn't feel like "home" there. not 24h reception