Silver Gate Hostel Reviews

Hrvojeva 6, Split, Croatia

The location of this hostel is great close to the port and the bus station as well as the market. However the staff were unhelpful in telling us about the local area. The room also didn't lock and there was only a code to get into the main building. The kitchen didn't have a hob or oven only a microwave and a fridge which is hard if your wanting to save money and eat in. The bathroom wasn't overly clean with the shower not draining properly etc.

I chose a 3 bedroom dorm. unfortunately this is located in a different building to where all the larger dorms are, which meant that it had absolutely no atmosphere which is important to me as a solo traveller- so if you want to meet people then get a larger dorm or walk over and up all the stairs to the main building. shower was the WORST EVER. fantastic location in the centre of split though. stairs up to the room is annoying with heavy luggage. good wifi. good aircon.

clean beds, powerful ac, palace adjacent. almost perfect. need bigger lockers and somewhere to wash the dishes that isn't the bathroom sink. laundry machine was broken when I went but they do have one. thanks for a pleasant stay

I didn't plan on staying in Split but luckily I misses a ferry to Mljet and booked a night in Silver Gate hostel Because Its very close to the ferry station. I was pleasantly surprised with a warm welcome and very good tips. Everything was clean and comfy.I am definitely planning to come back after Mljet If I find the time before my flight.

• 22nd Jun 2015

I stayed at the hostel on a stopover to island Hvar. I was a late arrival and the staff was very accommodating to my schedule needs. The hostel was really close to the train/ferry port. Perfect for visiting split local attractions.

• Spain

Great hostel with the excellent location in the old town. Great recommendations and day trips planned as well. Would stay again.

• 21st Jun 2015

I only stayed there for one night but i had great time. The staff took everybody out and it was amazing. Location was good.

• 21st Jun 2015

It was a good hostel but I've stayed at better. Had to walk up something like 4 flights of stairs to check in, then down and up another 4 flights to get to room, then down and up the same initial 4 to check-out. The bathroom was a bit dubious too. Always a bit worried about who was looking in, especially given the shower curtain was ripped. The staff was very nice and kind, though, and probably would've enjoyed staying in the main section instead.

Staff was cold and unhelpful. Great location.

Good location. The staff I met were in average, but still acceptable. What I actually hate is the bunk bed has no stairway, it's not easy for me to get to the upper bed

Very average stay. Unfortunately one staff member let down the rest by being incredibly rude and unaccomodating which is very unusual in hostels. No towels, no kitchen, no locks on the doors and tiny lockers. Atmosphere was very average and no reception after 10 so very hard for late or early morning arrivals. Unfortunate because the place is in an incredible location and has amazing potential.

I like this hostel so much so I stayed on an extra week all the staff have been so nice help full in every way possible. The location is unreal and it has a view of the palace tower. Best hostel I have stayed in so far.

• 13th Jun 2015

Staff were friendly, helpful and unobtrusive. I liked the simple but clean layout. Would be good to get shower head holder fixed in the women's shower. Would be good to put some foam or something on the No.1 room door as it so annoying with the slamming. Would be good to have to have the common computer connected to the printer (password protected) as some airlines (ie Easyjet) only allow online check in & not all airports accept digital swipe in so travellers need to print.

• 12th Jun 2015

Stayed here for a night while arriving late in split. Hostel in a perfect location on the edge of the old palace, right next to fresh fruit market perfect for exploring. Facilities were basic but had everything needed. Would recommend and stay again.

We very much enjoyed our stay, reception was very helpful on our arrival, our flight was delayed and we were concerned about access, the young lady responded quickly to our email advising we were fine to arrive at the time we did. The only critism we had was the lights were not working in the bathroom! Please pass on our thanks to the staff!

Only 5mins from a train station. Great variety of guests, very clean rooms and highly friendly and helpful staff. My favorite of all hostels visited in Croatia! Split has the best old town I´ve ever seen in my live. Go, go, go :-)

Good location and cheap!

This review is for the Silver Central Hostel as we were switched to this hostel after a maintenance issue. We were given a private room which was lovely unfortunately the lady who checked us in wasn't very helpful and was slightly rude. Thanks to the female American staff who helped us out with stuff later, she was nice. Security was lacking with no room key or controlled entry to hostel. No kitchen. Older guests and rude guests made the atmosphere uncomfortable at times.