Simon's Town Backpackers Reviews

Prince Alfred Building, 66 St. Georges Street, Cape Town, South Africa

Very nice place for a backpackers, and quiet place.

I was pleased with the service as I was booked for a 6 bed mixed dorm. Because the facility was very quiet, management let me stay in a room with double bunk. I am very grateful for that, thank you. The view of Simons Town bay is beautiful and location very central in walking distance to the main tourist attractions.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

I actually missed my opportunity to stay here as I get extended at the previous place. However do passerby during my drive at Simon's Town. What a lovely chill & relax small town. I love to be back to this town and hope to stay here next time.

Booked a double room facing the water. I really enjoyed staying here. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a less pricy but still cosy place to stay.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

They were very accommodating in allowing us to change our booking by a week, but the price went up R20, which was weird as the hostel was rather empty. This meant there was very little atmosphere, especially for a Saturday night. No hot water in the bathrooms in the morning, but when this was mentioned to the staff, they seemed quite surprised, so this is not a regular thing. Comfortable rooms and v clean bathrooms: nice enough hostel with great view of the harbour.

This is a really clean and comfortable back packers. We stayed in a double room with ensuite and it was really spacious with a nice bathroom. There is also a balcony which overlooks the harbour which is nice. The bed was super comfy so we had a good nights sleep. The only minor thing is the road noise as it is on the main road running through the town.

This hostel has had a couple of negative reviews on Hostelworld.com and even more on Tripadvisor.com. Don't quite understand why as I saw none of the negative points highlighted by earlier commentators. The location in Simon's Town is convenient, staff OK, so are the common premises (couches/bar/balcony), and I didn't find any issues with cleanliness either unlike some earlier visitors. Could recommend this place for anyone visiting Simon's Town.