Simple Hostel Reviews

Gorokhovaya st. 4, St Petersburg, Russia

Wow! How many amazing things can I write about this hostel. From the moment you walk into this yard of a hostel, you are warmly greeted. The staff is beyond fabulous. The room was beautiful and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable- I slept like a baby. The location is PERFECT for sightseeing. A 10 minute walk to Saint Isaac's Cathedral, Hermitage and Nevsky prospect. I can't say enough about this place. It is worth every ruble and is a really special property. Thanks a lot!

• 19th Apr 2015

I have nothing to complain about this hostel! Beds are great, super clean. The only thing that was not that good was the situation about the hot water. Many people took a shower at the same time so i took mine with freezing water!

Stayed 1 night at Simple Hostel. From the moment we arrived the welcome was wonderful and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The room exceeded our expectations on every level. Could not recommend this amazing place more. A real paradise right in the heart of Saint-P.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Belarus

My friends and I felt very comfortable, the staff is very kind and helpful, the hostel is very very, clean, organised and central! We definitely recommend it and will be back there someday.

Really nice and helpful staff, good location near the Hermitage, outlets and shelves for each bunk, a large drawer with a lock for luggage, wifi, free towel, plenty of showers and toilets, clean. The administrator Sveta is the best!

Overall, it's good. But not easy to find the entrance of the hostel

Our days in this hostel were greats. It was clean, confortable, well located and staff very friendly and helpful. I would come back without any doubt!

I stayed for just one night, arrived early but they were able to get me in my room. The service was outstanding, pretty much anything I needed was done quickly and efficiently. The room was perfect. Top it off with a delicious free dinner and it really was the perfect stay!

• 25th Mar 2015

After staying in two other hostels in Russia, this place was a life saver. The staff are the most friendly I've ever met in hostels. There are actually well-maintained toilets, each with a shower so privacy is possible. The location is also excellent. I definitely recommend this place.

The Hostel is really nice, everything we need there. The staff is amazing, and you can communicate in many languages with them. Is really close to a metro station and to many truistic places.

i had a wonderful stay here and would advise anyone coming to st petez on a budget to stay here. the rooms were great, staff were amazing (we were even taken out on a day trip to visit places tourists usually wouldn't be able to go to by one of the staff members on her one day off that week!!!) everyone else staying there were pleasant enough, facilities were great and very clean. an absolute sanctuary!

• 19th Mar 2015

Even though we stayed there one night but we really enjoyed the buzz. The service was great! Would love to go there again but this time to stay for a bit longer. .

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Russia

I love the location close to the Hermitage, St. Isaac's, etc. It's a bit far from some of nightlife spots, though. Staff is extremely affable and friendly. The interior design is good. Sound isolation could be a bit better but as the place itself is quiet and everyone is so nice it's not a problem. Had a bit of an issue with WiFi but then it was solved. Nice bathrooms with complimentary soap (water temperature oscillates a bit though). And they make beds for you! Recommend!

Really friendly staff! The bathrooms are great and clean, the beds are confortable, large, isolated and the are 2 energy plugs per bed!

The best hostel I have ever been to

Great location and friendly staff. I really like simple style with pressboard walls and beds. Very small and cozy or cramped depending on how you look at it. I am definitely staying here again on my next trip to St Petersburg. An overall 'otlechno' experience!

• 7th Mar 2015

I recommend this hostel because the atmosphere, location, staff and value for money are super good. It´s one of the best (actually maybe even the best) backpackers hostel that I´ve stayed in so far. Many important sightseeing places are just 5-15min walking from the hostel, the places to go out for a breakfast, drink, dinner and party are also close and really good ones. The hostel is clean and very friendly, made us feel very welcomed and comfortable:)

The Simple Hostel is situated slap bang in the centre of everything that you need to see in St Petersburg and although it seems rather small the hostel is perfect for your travelling needs. All the staff speak excellent English and will try and find out about you to recommend places to go. The place is kept clean and tidy with lockers provided with keys. Even if you want a day off from sight seeing you can relax in a homely, warm environment with a tv and plenty of movies. Highly recommended

Extremely cool hostel! Clean, cozzy and simple place in the center of St Peterburg. And staff girls were very friendly and helpful! Likey

The location of this hostel is amazing and the staff especially are amazing as well (Julia, ksyu and Lana). Always willing to help us out the group of us travelers bonded quickly and had lunch dinner and even out for drinks together. Very clean toilet facilities and the beds are really comply too!

View all St Petersburg Hostels