Simple Hostel Reviews

Gorokhovaya st. 4, St Petersburg, Russia

Great location and a lot of services. Beautiful rooms and every staff member I interfaced with were incredibly friendly and helpful.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

What can I say about this hostel? I loved it. Beautiful, clean, stylish. Really felt like home away from home. Everything done with a special flair. The staff could not have been nicer. I will definitely go back.

• 25th Jul 2015

We had a memorable stay at Simple Hostel in St Petersburg. The location was great, very near the sights, supermarkets, and the metro. What made our stay even better was the friendly and genuinely sincere staff who easily became friends. They were very professional about their job, but also made us feel right at home. They took care of us after an unfortunate incident at the bus, and were there for us. Maraming salamat (Filipino for Many thanks), Anna, Nastya, and Ksyusa! You are awesome!

• 21st Jul 2015

The best thing about the hostel is the location, of course. The rooms and showers were pretty good and clean. The main problem was the staff. The manager tried to do us out of almost 1000 rub, not taking into account that we have already paid our deposit. When we pointed this out, she didn't even apologise but simply said that her colleague was to blame and overall was sarcastic and rude. She also made us to wait for a long time before finally refunding us. It's no way to treat your guests.

It was very pleasant

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Brilliant location, neat and tidy rooms and a great atmosphere at the hostel! Staff really helpful and friendly,free WIFI! Very different from most of the hostels across Russia, in terms of how well maintained the property is.

• 5th Jul 2015

I stayed at Simple Hostel in a nice dorm with a comfortable bed. The room was cleaned while my stay there. Very good location and friendly people and also quite cheap. Very good Wi Fi.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Iceland

Highly recommend this property. Nice, clean, friendly atmosphere. Everyone on the staff I met was friendly and helpful. I did ask for a quiet room and the one I had was in fact quiet. Excellent location as well.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Nice hostel. Rooms are clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Internet access was awesome. Easy to connect from my room and my connection was never slow. Overall I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 29th Jun 2015

It was a relaxed atmosphere but not like other hostels where you could meet many people and chill out, only a sofa but it was nice anyway, they let us stay during the day before going to take a train later on. there is no breakfast at 9am so just consider a bakery around the corner which is awesome. In general, simple but cool. Would definitely go back and stay there!!!

Fantastic location, close to Admiralteyskaya metro and Hermitage. Located in a nice area that is safe, convenient ( supermarket very close ) and very nice with great cafes. The staff were fantastic, friendly and efficient. Rooms are cleaned everyday to a very high standard. I really enjoyed my stay here. Many thanks to the lovely staff.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Bahamas

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, not just because of free internet and low price. I loved the friendliness of the staff. I was warmly greeted when arrived, they helped me with everything I needed. The property seems very well maintained with a lovely seating area for all the guests. The decor is beautiful. The rooms are comfortable with good beds, lockers and the view on Nevsky.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

The hostel is located in the center of the city - near the Admiralty and 800m from Palace Square. The Metro station is also not so far - 5-7 min by walk. Friendly staff will meet you and help to orientate in the city, recommend city sights to visit, etc. The room and showers/wc are clean and comfortable.

amazing location, really nice clean rooms, beds are fab with nice lamp so you can text or read etc. small kitchen area with free tea but no free coffee .staff are really nice and friendly and the showers are great. Not a huge atmosphere there but its perfect if you are busy and coming and going. there is so much to see in the city anyway. Ill definitely be returning to this hostel again when i am back in st petersburg.

Best place to stay in St petersburg , the staff is very friendly and bring you all that you will need. A really nice place.

This hostel is exceptionally clean and the rooms are beautiful. The staff are friendly and very helpful. They made sure that everyone had whatever was needed promptly. I can only say good about this hostel and the staff and will be happy to stay there again. I recommend this to anyone visiting St Petersburg!

• 28th May 2015

Best hostel ever (and I am not exaggerating here!). Extremely helpful and fun staff.

• 27th May 2015

The room was clean, staff was courteous, bed was comfortable. In general everything met my expectations, and I felt that overall it was a good value.

• 27th May 2015

Very impressive and safe environment, the place is very clean and the rooms are comfy and very clean, the service is excellent!

• 23rd May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great hostel and location with friendly staff and clean facilities. The staff was best I've experienced in my many hostel stays. Will stay there again.

• 22nd May 2015