Simple Hostel Reviews

Gorokhovaya st. 4, St Petersburg, Russia

I loved it! Excellent location and staff. I would just recommend having hand towels in the WC

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Great hostel, clean and with a great location. The staff is really nice and helpful, if you have questions you can just ask them. We really enjoyed our stay!

The 1st thing I noticed is how clean, fancy and beautiful the hostel was. Staff was welcoming. Rooms were so clean and nicely decorated. (I must confess that I always look behind the bathroom door for cleanliness). The beds and pillows were very comfortable. And within walking distance of everything - sightseeings, restaurants, shopping, entertainment. Would highly recommend to others and would definitely stay here the next visit to Saint Petersburg.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Malta

The hostel is in the perfect location. It is only 7 minutes from Hermitage. Beautiful area and great prices. I loved my room and the bed was very comfortable.

• 10th Aug 2015

Stayed there for a mini vacation and this hostel was close to many main attractions and great food all around. Hostel is very clean and beautiful. The breakfast is very good. The staff is very helpful.

• 9th Aug 2015

This hostel is in a very convenient location between Admiralteyskaya and Nevsky prospekt metros which makes many attractions walkable. It is funky, good breakfast, good beds, nice employees and aims to please. What more could you ask?

• 9th Aug 2015

Great helpful staff and very clean and renovated Hostel.

Great location and a lot of services. Beautiful rooms and every staff member I interfaced with were incredibly friendly and helpful.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

What can I say about this hostel? I loved it. Beautiful, clean, stylish. Really felt like home away from home. Everything done with a special flair. The staff could not have been nicer. I will definitely go back.

• 25th Jul 2015

We had a memorable stay at Simple Hostel in St Petersburg. The location was great, very near the sights, supermarkets, and the metro. What made our stay even better was the friendly and genuinely sincere staff who easily became friends. They were very professional about their job, but also made us feel right at home. They took care of us after an unfortunate incident at the bus, and were there for us. Maraming salamat (Filipino for Many thanks), Anna, Nastya, and Ksyusa! You are awesome!

• 21st Jul 2015

It's a fairly small hostel, but the location is unbeatable. The staff were very helpful. One girl got up at 5:00 in the morning to help me get a taxi. Make sure you let them know if you'll be arriving early or late so they can be ready for you.

The best thing about the hostel is the location, of course. The rooms and showers were pretty good and clean. The main problem was the staff. The manager tried to do us out of almost 1000 rub, not taking into account that we have already paid our deposit. When we pointed this out, she didn't even apologise but simply said that her colleague was to blame and overall was sarcastic and rude. She also made us to wait for a long time before finally refunding us. It's no way to treat your guests.

It was very pleasant

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Brilliant location, neat and tidy rooms and a great atmosphere at the hostel! Staff really helpful and friendly,free WIFI! Very different from most of the hostels across Russia, in terms of how well maintained the property is.

• 5th Jul 2015

I stayed at Simple Hostel in a nice dorm with a comfortable bed. The room was cleaned while my stay there. Very good location and friendly people and also quite cheap. Very good Wi Fi.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Iceland

Highly recommend this property. Nice, clean, friendly atmosphere. Everyone on the staff I met was friendly and helpful. I did ask for a quiet room and the one I had was in fact quiet. Excellent location as well.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Nice hostel. Rooms are clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Internet access was awesome. Easy to connect from my room and my connection was never slow. Overall I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 29th Jun 2015

It was a relaxed atmosphere but not like other hostels where you could meet many people and chill out, only a sofa but it was nice anyway, they let us stay during the day before going to take a train later on. there is no breakfast at 9am so just consider a bakery around the corner which is awesome. In general, simple but cool. Would definitely go back and stay there!!!

Fantastic location, close to Admiralteyskaya metro and Hermitage. Located in a nice area that is safe, convenient ( supermarket very close ) and very nice with great cafes. The staff were fantastic, friendly and efficient. Rooms are cleaned everyday to a very high standard. I really enjoyed my stay here. Many thanks to the lovely staff.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Bahamas

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, not just because of free internet and low price. I loved the friendliness of the staff. I was warmly greeted when arrived, they helped me with everything I needed. The property seems very well maintained with a lovely seating area for all the guests. The decor is beautiful. The rooms are comfortable with good beds, lockers and the view on Nevsky.

• 19th Jun 2015