Simple Hostel Reviews

Gorokhovaya st. 4, St Petersburg, Russia

I have mixed feelings about this hostel. When I entered, everything was nice - the receptionist welcomed me, showed around and told me all the information. The hostel was very small, clean, in a very good location and safe. However, I could absolutely not sleep, there were bunch of mosquitoes and it was simply too warm in the room - you could do nothing about it. An AC would help a lot. Also, though it's not super difficult to find the hostel, it would be useful if some sign were on the street.

Very good hostel in good location! Dasha is the best ;)

A great place to stay and my three days in st. Petersburg was great mostly due to the hostel and the amazing staff that works here. This place is with in walking distance from all major tourist attractions. The hostel has a small kitchen, a large TV and a Play Station. They server breakfast every morning at a very reasonable price. The indoor laundry facility is great. The staff, Ana, Anastacia, and Dasha are great hosts. If i ever go back to Russia, I am definitely staying here again.

I spent 6 nights here in the beginning of July 2014. The staff are among the best I have ever encountered, the location is unbeatable (4 minutes to Hermitage, 3 to Admiraltyskaya or Nevsky Prospect, 7 to St. Issac's Cathedral). This isn't a party hostel, but everyone I met was friendly and enjoyable to talk with. The facilities are super-clean and new, and the beds were comfortable and had cubbyholes to store misc. items, a reading lamp, and multiple power outlets. There are lockers under beds.

Cute little hostel with few rooms, clean, modern and brand new facilities. Friendly staff and perfect location. A great experience in a great city! I would definitely come back to Simple Hostel in a new visit to St Petersburg.

Having stayed in 100+ hostels around the world this one comes in my list of top ones. Clean, comfortable and stylish. It is a relatively new and looks like some thought has gone into the design. It has homely feel to it, sociable and most important the girls (Ana, Dasha) who looked are it while I was there were lovely and very helpful. They even helped us shop and always give information on everything. The laundry was free. You do have to pay for breakfast. The location felt very secure.

GREAT hostel. If you go to viit Saint Petersbourg you definitely have to stay at this place. The hostel's staff is amazing, very helpful and very nice people. St Pt is an amazing city... can't wait to return.

Perfect location, awesome, friendly and helpful staffs. The room is just perfect for travelers. Enough spaces even for the top bunk. I stayed in the 8 beds shared room and it is one of the spacious 8 beds room I ever stayed. Ask anything from the staffs and they will try to help you as much as they could. Even will give you suggestions. Would highly recommend this place.

I already miss Simple Hostel so badly and want to go back! This is the best hostel i have ever stayed in! Staff is incredible!! They are very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. ( special thanks go to Yulia, you are awesome:). The hostel is super clean and the beds are very comfortable. Location is great!!!! Hermitage and the main street are just about the corner! I really like the design of the hostel, so modern and fresh! I'll definitely recommend it to all my friends!

Very cool place. I am very satisfied. The only thing I would add is a dish drainer (place where I can put dishes after doing dishes :)) But it is only a small thing. In general I am very glad I choose this hostel. Maybe I would also add that you should be sure that there is always person speaking English in a hostel (welcoming arriving people).

Staff was super friendly, always trying to find the way to solve our questions. Location is great one cannot ask more. Near to Nevsky prospect, Hermitage, metro station. Rooms as we'll as bathrooms were clean.

An excellent, friendly hostel, situated about a minute walk from the Hermitage. There is a nice kitchen/common area. The staff are very helpful and sociable. The rooms are a bit unusual but comfortable. Right outside are loads of shops and restaurants.

View all St Petersburg Hostels