Simple Hostel Reviews

Gorokhovaya st. 4, St Petersburg, Russia

Highly recommend this property. Nice, clean, friendly atmosphere. Everyone on the staff I met was friendly and helpful. I did ask for a quiet room and the one I had was in fact quiet. Excellent location as well.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Nice hostel. Rooms are clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Internet access was awesome. Easy to connect from my room and my connection was never slow. Overall I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 29th Jun 2015

It was a relaxed atmosphere but not like other hostels where you could meet many people and chill out, only a sofa but it was nice anyway, they let us stay during the day before going to take a train later on. there is no breakfast at 9am so just consider a bakery around the corner which is awesome. In general, simple but cool. Would definitely go back and stay there!!!

Fantastic location, close to Admiralteyskaya metro and Hermitage. Located in a nice area that is safe, convenient ( supermarket very close ) and very nice with great cafes. The staff were fantastic, friendly and efficient. Rooms are cleaned everyday to a very high standard. I really enjoyed my stay here. Many thanks to the lovely staff.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Bahamas

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, not just because of free internet and low price. I loved the friendliness of the staff. I was warmly greeted when arrived, they helped me with everything I needed. The property seems very well maintained with a lovely seating area for all the guests. The decor is beautiful. The rooms are comfortable with good beds, lockers and the view on Nevsky.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

The hostel is located in the center of the city - near the Admiralty and 800m from Palace Square. The Metro station is also not so far - 5-7 min by walk. Friendly staff will meet you and help to orientate in the city, recommend city sights to visit, etc. The room and showers/wc are clean and comfortable.

Best place to stay in St petersburg , the staff is very friendly and bring you all that you will need. A really nice place.

This hostel is exceptionally clean and the rooms are beautiful. The staff are friendly and very helpful. They made sure that everyone had whatever was needed promptly. I can only say good about this hostel and the staff and will be happy to stay there again. I recommend this to anyone visiting St Petersburg!

• 28th May 2015

Best hostel ever (and I am not exaggerating here!). Extremely helpful and fun staff.

• 27th May 2015

The room was clean, staff was courteous, bed was comfortable. In general everything met my expectations, and I felt that overall it was a good value.

• 27th May 2015

Very impressive and safe environment, the place is very clean and the rooms are comfy and very clean, the service is excellent!

• 23rd May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great hostel and location with friendly staff and clean facilities. The staff was best I've experienced in my many hostel stays. Will stay there again.

• 22nd May 2015

This place was great! The rooms were nice and clean. The location was great! I was about a 5-minute away from a bunch of restaurants and all the attractions. Overall I loved Simple Hostel and will be back!

• 21st May 2015
  • Chile

Fantastic location and really helpful staff

Well received at a great hostel with a fabulous staff, truly we enjoyed the stay. Very clean and well looked after. Staff were attentive to our needs, knowledgeable and friendly. Great stay!

• 14th May 2015

I enjoyed the hostel very much, it was a quick trip but the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Great location and great recommendations from the staff. I hope to visit St Petersburg again soon and would definitely recommend this property.

• 13th May 2015

I was very happy with the overall experience. The price was good, the design was nice and fresh, the staff friendly and helpful, the room was clear and cozy. I can't think of anything else!

• 13th May 2015
  • Cambodia

We have stayed at Simple Hostel several times now. It isn't the excellent location, comfortable and well equipped rooms or tasty food that keeps us coming back. It is the warmth of the welcome, the efficiency of the management and the superb, top quality staff, who always make you feel really special. It isn't the cheapest hostel in St Petersburg, but it is the best.

• 11th May 2015
  • Romania

This is a really comfortable place to stay. Welcoming staff, good price. The room was spacious and nice. Great location and all the attractions are very close. I would definitely stay there again!

• 11th May 2015
  • Uruguay

The staff were exceptionally lovely and assisting but it is clearly a new setup. Here are some suggestions for improving the experience: There is no on-street signage, hard to find. No credit card facilities to pay your balance on arrival, nearest ATM is 4 blocks away. Entry room is too small for people to take off shoes (required) on arrival with luggage. Kitchenette area doubles as a reception desk for staff AND a common room. Washing machine available but only a 4-rung horse for ALL guests.

View all St Petersburg Hostels