Simple Hostel Reviews

Gorokhovaya st. 4, St Petersburg, Russia

Well received at a great hostel with a fabulous staff, truly we enjoyed the stay. Very clean and well looked after. Staff were attentive to our needs, knowledgeable and friendly. Great stay!

• 14th May 2015

I enjoyed the hostel very much, it was a quick trip but the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Great location and great recommendations from the staff. I hope to visit St Petersburg again soon and would definitely recommend this property.

• 13th May 2015

I was very happy with the overall experience. The price was good, the design was nice and fresh, the staff friendly and helpful, the room was clear and cozy. I can't think of anything else!

• 13th May 2015
  • Cambodia

We have stayed at Simple Hostel several times now. It isn't the excellent location, comfortable and well equipped rooms or tasty food that keeps us coming back. It is the warmth of the welcome, the efficiency of the management and the superb, top quality staff, who always make you feel really special. It isn't the cheapest hostel in St Petersburg, but it is the best.

• 11th May 2015
  • Romania

This is a really comfortable place to stay. Welcoming staff, good price. The room was spacious and nice. Great location and all the attractions are very close. I would definitely stay there again!

• 11th May 2015
  • Uruguay

Hostel is located walking distance to everything. Restaurants, bars, museums, etc..The staff really go above and beyond and are very nice/helpful. Hostel itself is nice. The rooms are comfortable in size and make you feel welcome. There is not enough good I can say about this hostel, except to say that it is the only hostel I will stay at in Saint-Petersburg going forward! Bravo for a job well done.

• 27th Apr 2015

Wow! How many amazing things can I write about this hostel. From the moment you walk into this yard of a hostel, you are warmly greeted. The staff is beyond fabulous. The room was beautiful and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable- I slept like a baby. The location is PERFECT for sightseeing. A 10 minute walk to Saint Isaac's Cathedral, Hermitage and Nevsky prospect. I can't say enough about this place. It is worth every ruble and is a really special property. Thanks a lot!

• 19th Apr 2015

I have nothing to complain about this hostel! Beds are great, super clean. The only thing that was not that good was the situation about the hot water. Many people took a shower at the same time so i took mine with freezing water!

Stayed 1 night at Simple Hostel. From the moment we arrived the welcome was wonderful and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The room exceeded our expectations on every level. Could not recommend this amazing place more. A real paradise right in the heart of Saint-P.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Belarus

My friends and I felt very comfortable, the staff is very kind and helpful, the hostel is very very, clean, organised and central! We definitely recommend it and will be back there someday.

Really nice and helpful staff, good location near the Hermitage, outlets and shelves for each bunk, a large drawer with a lock for luggage, wifi, free towel, plenty of showers and toilets, clean. The administrator Sveta is the best!

Overall, it's good. But not easy to find the entrance of the hostel

Our days in this hostel were greats. It was clean, confortable, well located and staff very friendly and helpful. I would come back without any doubt!

I stayed for just one night, arrived early but they were able to get me in my room. The service was outstanding, pretty much anything I needed was done quickly and efficiently. The room was perfect. Top it off with a delicious free dinner and it really was the perfect stay!

• 25th Mar 2015

After staying in two other hostels in Russia, this place was a life saver. The staff are the most friendly I've ever met in hostels. There are actually well-maintained toilets, each with a shower so privacy is possible. The location is also excellent. I definitely recommend this place.

The Hostel is really nice, everything we need there. The staff is amazing, and you can communicate in many languages with them. Is really close to a metro station and to many truistic places.

i had a wonderful stay here and would advise anyone coming to st petez on a budget to stay here. the rooms were great, staff were amazing (we were even taken out on a day trip to visit places tourists usually wouldn't be able to go to by one of the staff members on her one day off that week!!!) everyone else staying there were pleasant enough, facilities were great and very clean. an absolute sanctuary!

• 19th Mar 2015

Even though we stayed there one night but we really enjoyed the buzz. The service was great! Would love to go there again but this time to stay for a bit longer. .

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Russia

I love the location close to the Hermitage, St. Isaac's, etc. It's a bit far from some of nightlife spots, though. Staff is extremely affable and friendly. The interior design is good. Sound isolation could be a bit better but as the place itself is quiet and everyone is so nice it's not a problem. Had a bit of an issue with WiFi but then it was solved. Nice bathrooms with complimentary soap (water temperature oscillates a bit though). And they make beds for you! Recommend!

Really friendly staff! The bathrooms are great and clean, the beds are confortable, large, isolated and the are 2 energy plugs per bed!

View all St Petersburg Hostels