Sinbad Hostel Reviews

Kucuka yasofya Mah. Demirci Resit sk., No3-5 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

awful facilities and cleanliness

• 27th May 2014
  • South Korea

I am very confused because place is great, very close to Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and others. Spectacular view from the roof. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Should be kept better standard of cleaning. Breakfast is always the same what is terrible. The owner has to improve everything if he wants to still exist. Good luck !

Everything is exellent but we can't use terrace all day except in the morning

I did not like my stay in Sinbad hostel, unfortunately. Even if it is hostel, the conditions should be confortable and clean for stay. I booked private room and I couldnt stand the smell of sewage, the bathroom was in a very bad condition, no warm water from tap, the shower was broken. What to say about the room with no conditions. It didnt worth the price I paid. I do not recommend this hostel.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Tajikistan

직원 매우불친절 방 청결상태 완전구림. 가방을바닥에내려놓으래서 내려놨더니 가방이 먼지투성이됨. 매트리스 심각하게 눅눅 . 덮는 이불은 부푸러기심한 주황색 담요..샤워실 화장실같이모여 있는데 문이 발쪽이뚫려있어서 매우불편함 용변보는소리 다들림 .해병대캠프 세면실보다못함. 숙소도착첫날 양치질하는데 세면대막혀있음. 방 청소아줌마 이상한 걸레로 진짜대충 바닥 닦고 방청소끝. 조식 한식먹을라면 돈더내야함. 개인적으로 완전 최악.절대비추.. 심각하게 비추. 절대 . 이스탄불에 싼호텔.호스텔많음. 이런글 진짜안쓰는데 저기는 진짜 아님.....

I'd recommend this hostel If u are on budget. Facilities are value of money, Staffs were nice and friendly, Location was great but easy to get lost at first. Breakfast is included, not really special, just simple turkish things. Wireless wasnt really working at evening, I guess loads of people use it at that time :( no matter how they have few more connection, so u can ask another password. Owner is korean, so it will be helpful if u are non-english speaker korean.

Excellent situation, very sure even in the night Breakfast with boiled pan, jam, egg, part of cheese and tea (sufficient but every day the same), terrace viewing the Marmara Sea Small dormitory female of 6, female floor (with 2 showers and 2 toilets) Rooms without dark curtains (on noisy street in the morning) Bed sheet furnished but a bit too small and not perfectly clean) No cupboard lock, we must leave our affairs in the dormitory Staff friendly but most don’t understand English many Korean

• 6th Jun 2013
  • Belgium
  • All Female Group, 41+

The owner of the hostel has South Corean origins so the hostel offers some privileges to Corean and Japanese customers (for example Ramen is only available for them). Also the waitress always check time when we enter for breackfast to verify that we are not late (BF is not served after 10.00 am). So we didn't really appreciate the atmosphere there. Nevertheless the price is good and so is the location since the hostel is near the hippodrome.

• 14th Apr 2012
  • Turkey

1 nights stay was good. good spot, near the ferry port aswell! had a couple beers one night, they didnt have my favourite beer, efes, so I went to the shop to get one. when the manager saw but got pissed off...just one beere, chill out. The uptight staff kinda killed the vibe.

Thanks for a great stay! The staff are lovely and incredibly helpful, the hostel is beautiful, and the location cannot be beaten. I would definitely come back here again.

• 4th Sep 2011

very small rooms. it was even a challenge to climb my bed since it was standing too close between two others. with some bags on the floor there was no space left in the room. bathrooms were in a disgusting shape, water was dropping through the ceiling, the floor was therefore always wet. most of the time warm water didnt fully work as well. but friendly staff, nice common area and outside seating.

Bathrooms were quıte dısgustıng and only 2 showers & toılets & 1 sınk for a whole floor. Room was tıny and our packs only just fıt on the floor between the two sıngle beds. We dıdnt get our orıgınal bookıng of prıvate room wıth ensuıte so had to share the gross shared bathroom. Moved to another hostel ın a shared room for pretty much the same prıce very nearby and much cleaner.

The toilet and bathroom were very bad quality.

I was in Istanbul with 2 other friends to spend new years there, but the hostel was too cheap. Only one man from the reception talked a good level of english, the other people could poorly speaks some. The breakfast is very simple, just some bread, butter and an egg. There are no lockerrooms and also if you want to leave your luggage on the day of your check-out it will be left at the common hall. The room for 6 people had only one plug, so you had to wait to be able to recharge your cell/camera/whateve

really nice place to go sightseeing, near to public transport I can recomend it further

Great location, close to the main sights. A bit tricky to find though. Very friendly staff, available 24/7, but with rather poor English skills. Free and fast Internet. Room was not very clean upon arrival, and not cleaned at all during our 4 day stay, a big minus. Rather worn down, but at least the rooms are warm. Breakfast is free, but very basic and the same every day, a bit repetitive. No television anywhere, in rooms, or common areas.

exc value for money very friendly/ we extended our stay/ breakfast fresh and plentiful/

Sinbad hostel is centrally located for all the tourist attractions in Sultanahmet. The room was very clean, always had hot water, breakfast was tradtional Turkish breakfast and there was plenty of it. You had to pay for coffee, tea was free. The staff were friendly and although their English was poor communication was not a problem. We organised our transfer via the hostel, use an alternative coompany if you can because it will be much cheaper if you want to save money.

No lockers in room and had to share on key between the whole room. Light in showers on our floor didnt work. The place was clean and the staff were lovely though. Also a very good location

I found Sinbad an escellent place to stay. They are handy to the centre of the old oart of the town with the main attractions and also to the seaside. The staff are always courteos and helpful.The rooftop breakfast room is wonderful. Perhaps it would be good if this area was open access all day as it is such an asset. I thoroughly reccomend a stay at Sinbad.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4