Singer109 - Backpacker Apartment Hostel Reviews

Singer Str. 109, Berlin, Germany

A good value hostel for Berlin, the breakfast, although an additional €5 was really good, and the bathroom facilities were great. As one of the few mixed rooms we stayed in, I felt really safe and had privacy. The location is quite out of the way and difficult to get back to after a night out in the week. But the overall facilities were good.

The Singer 109 has great facilities, and a decent staff. Their random discounts are quite a plus, but inherently the hostel feels like a hotel. The people I stayed with were not at all friendly, and were silent almost all of the time. If I wanted this experience I would have chosen a hotel in which I could have had a room to myself. So as a hostel it failed, as a hotel it could succeed. The atmosphere was mediocre at best-I would not choose to stay there again.

Wifi is pretty slow. The locker are great but the locking mechanism has a flaw in it. If you have a lock that is too small, the locking mechanism on the lock will not work.

Hello, Thank you for your comment. We also rent locks so you can get a lock wirks with the locker for a deposit at the reception. regards the Singer109 Team

BEST HOSTEL EVER!!! the shared bunk room is super clean and beautiful and SPACIOUS, and the en-suite bathroom is phenomenal. STAY HERE if traveling to Berlin!!

Interior design is very good. Separated toilets and bathrooms are clean. Poor admin. I booked through hostelworld and paid the deposit by credit card. However, when i arrive there, they told me that the deposit was received by hostelworld and let me pay them again for the deposit.!!! I stayed at so many hostels before through hostelworld but this was my first time to face this problem. Heard from roommate, he booked for a few days but the hostel let him move to another room during the stay.

Very friendly staff, always willing to help with things to do and metro directions. Amaxing security (guards, large lockers, locked bag storage room). The breakfast is worth the 5€ in my opinion. It's nice that we can use the computers for free since the wifi isn't the greatest at night, but 50 cents to print a page is a little much! It's more of a hotel atmosphere than a hostel since there is no real hangout space and the lobby shuts down at 10, but it depends what you're looking for.

It was our first experience of living in a hostel as a couple, and there was no inconvenience at all. In my own previous hostel history there were just spare rooms with bunk beds and a large shared bathroom in the basement, which I find more comfortable.

I had a fantastic stay at Singer109. As a female traveling alone for the first time I wanted a place that was easily accessible and in a safe neighborhood. Although it is slightly tucked away (not directly on the street) and thus a bit difficult to spot at first, I felt safe walking to and from the location and public transit was very close by. Aside from that the rooms were every bit as nice as they looked in the photos and the atmosphere was great. I highly recommend the place!

Very comfortable and clean. Will recommend!

Really nice clean hostel. It felt very empty though and the bar was always quiet even though it's open 24 hours.

best place in berlin.

Pretty terrible vibe unfortunately. Don't stay here if you're looking to meet people. It'd be fine if you're in a group and only staying a couple nights. Weirdly there is a statue of 'Death' in the huge, sparse foyer which pretty much sums up the atmosphere. Very clean. More like a hotel than a hostel. The location is not good for much other than being walking distance to some of the museums.I didn't find any nice bars or restaurants close by. I moved hostels to one in the Kruezberg area.

Everything was fine and it was cheap.

AMAZING HOSTEL!! One of the best on the world. No joke. Stay here, you will not regret it! ALL the staff are very smart and helpful. I stayed here twice for a total of 12 days and will stay here again. The location is great and it's safe. It's closer to a U Bahn and a S Bahn station. 10-15 minute walk to Tresor & Berghein. 20 minute metro to Warschauer Platz, East Side Gallery and Yaam. If you play guitar, great news: the bar has an acoustic they will let you use (if you ask nicely!)

One of the best hostels in Berlin!

It is hard to find but it is located very close to everything. You could take a bus 2 or 3 stops to the Fernsehturm, a short metro ride to the reichstag building and everything else you will want to see. They have breakfast for 5 euros each morning but mostly consists of bread, cereal, and fruit. The rooms were very very nice. There are lockers in the room for you to lock your stuff. The building is gorgeous and all brand new inside. Deff. worth the stay & the price!

Second time staying in this hostel because everything was perfect. Rooms were cleaned daily. They have a smoke lounge beside the kitchen for smokers. Staff were attentive and helpful #icebucketforpopsicles Sophie was really helpful #Promotion#raise I really love this hostel and I'll be sure to be back here next year.

Very clean hostel with good security . Location is okay about a 20 minute walk from the tv tower. The hostel bar is pretty fun with good prices.

wifi was alright. location was a fair bit out of the way, from public transport. But only a good 10min walk to Alexander Platz (main square). If you don't mind walking, not a bad place to stay.

Staff were great, rooms were quiet, location was alright. Big plus it the smoke room beside the lounge. Would stay there again.