Singgahsana Lodge Reviews

No. 1 Temple Street, Kuching, Malaysia

Nice location, very clean guesthouse, helpful staff at the guesthouse as well at the tour company. The bar on the top floor is nice and enjoyable after a day out.

Great place. Very quiet when I stayed so can't comment really on the atmosphere but staff are very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended! Also check out their sister guesthouse, The Village House, in Santubong (Damai) if you want to relax by a pool. I would give it 100% except the food didn't float my boat. Happy travels :)

Beds were surprisingly comfortable. Great outdoor adventure company attached to the lodge, we did the jungle kayak for around 80 USD (a bit pricey but a great experience) which included going to Semenggoh for orangutan, transport, lunch, water, and guides taking pictures. I can imagine Kuching being much more alive during the on season (we were there in early february and the hostel and city was not very alive). Great place to check out some cool nature though!

Great place to stay, a bit quiet this time of year so a bit low on atmosphere but we hear that it's much busy in the dry season!

Great hostel very close to the river and most of the highlights mentioned in Lonely Planet (don't expect too much, but the general atmosphere in Kuching is relaxed). The rooftop bar was excellent, but unfortunately when we were there they were renovating parts of the hostel and there were only a few guests. Playing pool and relaxing in a hammock never bores me luckily. Oh, did I mention the clean hot showers? Very welcome after one of our many jungle trips :)

Nice rooms and nice bar. The staff is not very talkative. However the barman is very nice and very helpful. If you want good plans go after 4 pm at the toproof bar and you will find him!

Great little place, loads of chill out areas to socialise up in the bar and in the lobby. Lovely funky rooms have a great feel to them. Really clean place, especially the communal showers were immaculate. Tiger in the bar upstairs made the bar great character made our stay even more enjoyable. Perfect location right in the centre of kuching everything in walking distance. Would definitely stay again!