Sir Cedrics Bungi Backpackers Reviews

15 Sydney Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

Really helpful awesome staff, loved the free soup too, wifi had a heap of popups though, and didn't love having to walk outside from the main area to my room

• 26th Jun 2015

Unreal time, staff had great banter which was a bonus

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Scotland

The atmosphere and staff were great and really nice and helpful. The setup of the building was inconvenient with most rooms outside of the main building and mattress wasn't very comfortable. But overall great backpackers place and the atmosphere made it a lot better.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Helpful staff, good atmosphere!

I checked in on a snowy afternoon and my booking was upgraded for no cost from 4 bed dorm to private room, thanks to the lady in charge.The stay was pleasant.

• 25th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Was very nice. They have a alcohol curfew at 10pm which I found quite nice since it avoids drunk loud people in the hostel. Very cosy common room and eating room. Room was nice, too bad there was only one plug for the room though. I really liked the decoration and the free soup every night at 6.

The place just wasn't clean, there were no cups to use for tea and in the middle of the night there was a fight in the dorm, I was able to sleep only 3 hours. I will never stay there again.

Stayed in Pipeline Room (seperate room outside building), very peaceful. This hostel promotes a lot of stuff like discounts for activities, meals etc. Decent showers and toilets. Very comfy beds, you'll have a good night sleep here. Staff are super friendly and very knowledgeable. Literally only a 5 min walk into town, the only issue is walking back up a steep hill back to hostel.

Great hostel, good location

• 20th Mar 2015

the kitchen, the Dining room and the toilets were not tidy and clean.

Man, this place was so excellent that we actually spoke about it on our tour bus to try and encourage everyone else to come there. Besides the generous freebies, the staff (especially the lady at reception) were consistently helpful, friendly and generous. The rooms were all I wanted, but it was the atmosphere that truly made me feel at home.

• 1st Mar 2015

I stayed in 4 hostels in NZ, including another by the same owner, and this was easily the worst in cleanliness, common areas, and security. Cleanliness was like a summer camp in the wilderness. Not unusable, but you could tell only the primary surfaces get cleaned, leaving all else to accumulate layers of grime. Security was to lock the front door at night, but the back door was always unlocked. Lounges were so secluded from the rest of the house, I didn't notice them for days. Wifi was great.

Bungi was a great place to stay everyone was so friendly, Will the manager was fantastic and cheaper than the main hostels.

• 19th Feb 2015

This was probably one of our favourite places to stay, really nice place!

Overall a great place with a great vibe. And, the WIFI IS FREE. Which we've found to be basically unheard of in New Zealand hostels, so it was an amazing added bonus. :)

Great staff. Building run down and obvious repairs needed, making things seem dirtier than they probably were. Great rules for after 10 pm.

• 29th Jan 2015

This hostel is definitely a party hostel so be aware before you book! Can be quite noisy in the early hours, I presume a lot of people here are long term. Room was adequate and kitchen pretty much okay. Other guests did leave kitchen and bathrooms in a bit of a state however. Staff were friendly and the location is close to town!

We had an amazing stay at bungi's. Our room was great, the staff lovely/friendly and keen to help whenever they could. The atmosphere here was also great and the free soup and bread was a great addition, we met some lovely people and we'd definitely stay here again when we come back to Queenstown!