Sir Cedrics Southern Laughter Backpackers Reviews

4 Isle St, Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand

Mix up with the beds in the room, I had to change beds twice and then wonder all night whether they had overbooked the room. Also wasnt clean.Other than that, OK place, good location.

Old, dirty, run down

They have popcorn! This was the most delightfully non-linear hostel I've ever stayed in. I obviously don't get enough popcorn when I travel. It's convenient to bus stops, great day hikes, and the lake.

Really nice place.

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Mexico
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good place, stayed here 3 years ago and it's still the same cosy place. Friendly Staff, good kitchen, good Wifi. Enough space in rooms and good atmosfeer in the HosteL

Felt that the place was very dirty. The room smelt awful when I got there and it was extremely dingy. This was one of my more expensive hostels in New Zealand and it was by far my worst experience. Location is ok not super fantastic. Not one I would recommend to people.

The place is ok. Good location.

Great hostel. It's like staying at your quirky uncle's house. Comfortable beds and a spacious room. Nothing but good things to say about it .

• 23rd Nov 2015

I had booked a 4 bed female room but one night a man stayed ???? and another night a woman was sleeping on the sofa ????

• 19th Nov 2015

The staff at the receptionist is extremely thoughtful and friendly, the facilities are great and I found the place easily. It is convenient to the super market and all kind of places. Love it so much.

• 27th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

Stayed in a private room which was good value for 6 nights, it was in a building to the side of main reception. The building seemed untidy particularly the showers, even just after cleaning had hairs and grit in the bottom. We had a communal balcony adjoining our room, the view was great but smoke drifted through our windows from people outside which was annoying as the weather was quite warm. All of the staff were super friendly though from check in to check out! The best thing about the hostel

Best hostel in Queenstown for getting to know people. Good kitchen facilities and an awesome spa pool! Can get a little quite off season and rooms can be a little small when full but still the best hostel I've stayed at in queenstown.

I was VERY unhappy with this hostel. I know they are not meant to be 5-star resorts but in my travels around New Zealand I have stayed at MUCH nicer hostels. The hostel was disgusting, I do not even think I had clean sheets on my bed when I arrived. The wifi was free but it was impossible to use in the evening because it was so slow. The hot tub they advertise is a small round pool with hot water, did not seem clean to me. The place is just run down and not properly kept up with. Staff friendly

• 2nd Sep 2015

The place is very cosy and warm. Loved it.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

I booked a bed in a shared room assuming it will be girls only. Turned out rooms were mixed so be aware of that. Our shared room had the key inside all the time so was not locked. Not sure why. Beds are saggy.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Russia

Based on reviews I booked this hostel. Rooms were grubby and not very clean.

• 14th Aug 2015