Sir Toby's Hostel Reviews

Delnicka 24, 17000 Prague 7, Prague, Czech Republic

Very helpful staff and comfortable rooms. So much information readily available from the front desk, very convenient. Very impressed with quality for the price we paid!

• 16th Sep 2014

Amazing hostel. The cosy basement bar is the perfect place to meet people. Totally recommend Toby's to solo travellers and everyone else!! Staff are super friendly and helpfull. There are activities organised every night like beer tasting, crepe night and BBQ night. Facilities are great, including kitchen and garden area. If you're there on a Tuesday or Friday, take Richard's walking tour...be a sponge. Absorb what he says. Don't ask questions.

Best hostel ever! From the friendly Helpfull staff, free meals, cheap drinks, interesting and friendly travelers! The reason they have a 7 night stay per year policy is because u won't want to leave!! Thanks xox

Incredible experience with an even more incredible staff. They were knowledgeable of the areas cultural sights, night life, and just wonderful to talk to. Best hostel I have stayed in quiet some time. And their breakfast was fantastic.

• 12th Sep 2014

We stayed in a private room with en suite at the top of the hostel. Towels, ground coffee and percolator provided. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Breakfasts, in red brick cellars, were generous and healthy with make your own ingredients - tasty and listened to relaxing music by 'Paper Kites'. Several evenings of free crepes and BBQ with good beer from bar. Altogether a very good atmosphere and definitely would go again. Prague cost of living cheaper than Britain.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The best place to stay in Prague. The location is Holesovice is within walking of the train station, and only few stops by tram from Wenceslaus Square. The historical building is completely modern and the dorm rooms are spacious with single beds in many rooms. Excellent breakfast for 120 Kc. Plus they have free crepes one day and free BBQ another day. I will stay here again.

second time here, love this place!

The hostel's location was way more hassle than expected, especially at night when trams rarely ran. In retrospect I should have booked a different hostel closer to the city center. Other than that, it was fine. Beds were comfy, everything was clean and worked well. Nice friendly/helpful staff; only incident was that one misled me about taxi prices to try to get me to use their service.

It actually looked to me more a hotel that a hostel, it's very clean and the guys and the staff is very professional and helpful. A little bit too far out of the center though. Very safe and close to some shops and a supermarket. Highly suggested, especially if you do not care to stat exactly in downtown!

Amazing atmosphere and friendly staff. The night I got there it put on a free barbecue and it hosts many events like trivia night or live music in its bar. By having a really great bar downstairs, the hostel makes it super easy to meet people. It is probably the nicest hostel I have stayed in throughout my travels. The only problem is that it is a far from Prague 1 and public transit closes early. Since it's in Prague, though, it's cheap to get a cab.

Sir Toby's was an easy choice (pub downstairs, and it's named after me!). The place is great for socialising, with cheap beer (happy hour = 0.9 euro/ 0.5l), darts competitions, pub quizzes, FREE bbqs, live music, the list goes on...The hostel is quite out of the way (15 min by metro/tram) but the lively atmosphere & staff make up for it (shout out to Richard, who gave me some great insider advice on hiking (we visited Karlstejn Castle, and hiked through the Bohemian Karst, just beautiful!).

I've stayed in hostels across 18 countries in the last 5 moths and this one easit takes the cake as the best I've stayed in. There's a great bar with a very social happy hour, free BBQ dinners in the courtyard frequently, and every bed has it's own reading light and PowerPoint. My only advice is, if you think the top of the triple bunk is a good idea, think about how difficult it'll be to get in after a big night.

Sir Toby's is a great hostel. The facilities make it feel like a hotel with a bunch of people in each room. The staff is incredibly kind and helpful. They even served us free dinner one night! There is a pub in the basement that serves cheap Czech beer which provides a great place for travelers to hang out and meet people. I highly recommend this place!

By far the best hostel I stayed in! 12 person rooms may not be to everyone's taste but the staff here were so fantastic, and the atmosphere in general was so good I would definitely stay here again! Met some cool people in the rooms and loads in the bar! Hat tip to the Croatian barman; he was a real good laugh and got everyone talking to each other. He got my name wrong solidly for 2 days but it was maybe my fault, after 30 mins I felt bad correcting him and just went along with it.

A little far from most places, but the trams were close. The hostel is clean and the kitchen with well prepared stuffs u need. And there are also theme events everyday!.

Had the best time at Sir Tobys, great friendly staff especially Richard, who's tour was amazing. Great atmosphere throughout the whole hostel, the ONLY place I would stay in Prague!

All staff very friendly except one man at the desk who was quite... short with us. Amazing atmosphere in the evenings in the bar downstairs, great way to meet new people! Only major issue is the showers being so cold!

Great bar downstairs. Attracts great folks. It is a party hostel that knows how to chill.

Even though I stayed in a dorm with 12 other ladies, the room was spacious enough and the beds private enough that no one ever felt like their space was being encroached upon. The staff at the front desk were super helpful as well. The only downfall were the bikes we rented were broken in one way or another.

• 16th Aug 2014

A nice hostel, the rooms were excellent - comfy beds and beautiful. Nice, friendly staff and a great breakfast for €5.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7