Sir Toby's Hostel Reviews

Delnicka 24, 17000 Prague 7, Prague, Czech Republic

Really good, the check in was fast and they told us about the free barbecue and other stuff, the atmosphere was amazing.

For some reason we payed much more than other travellers in the hostel and it wasn't really worth the money we payed. Nice hostel, easy to get the tram into main sights, great kitchen and comfy beds. Some staff were good, some where very unhelpful. It was an okay stay.

Thank you for your stay and feedback. I am happy overall you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. Regarding the prices, we use industry standard yield management which sees prices go up and down daily, like airlines, hotels, car rental and also many hostels. Probably the people you spoke to booked a larger cheaper room, booked a non-refundable deal/special offer, or booked earlier/last minute when prices were lower. Kind greetings, Miro/manager

This is the best hostel I've stayed at so far. Everyone else staying there seemed to have a similar opinion. While it is a little ways outside of the main square/ city centre, this is made up for easily by its homey atmosphere, amazing staff, clean rooms, outdoor patio, and little bar in the cellar. There are usually things organized by the staff each night, and meeting people is easy. There was a free BBQ one night. Yea, that's right, FREE FOOD. Honourable mention to bartender, the man, Carlo.

Hello. Thank you for your stay and for the encouraging review. I am glad you had great experience in our Hostel as that is always our aim. And yes, Carlo absolutely rocks :-) Kind greetings, Miro/manager

Toliets are smelly and sometimes dirty but the staff is super friendly

Hello, thank you for your stay and feedback. We are planning to upgrade all our bathrooms soon, I am sorry about the smelly/dirty feeling. Glad to hear our staff is super :-) Kind greetings, Miro/manager

The best hostel I've been to. It was clean and the staff made every night enjoyable. I might miss some of the staff more than the other guests I met! The only tiny bad part was that the showers were lukewarm.

The bar is great and the hosted events each night are great for meeting people and being social! We were very very impressed with Sir Toby's and would definitely stay there again!

• 23rd Jun 2015

Awesome hostel. The bar downstairs is great, and the staff is incredibly helpful and friendly.

Sir Toby's has the best bar and really awesome events. . You are guaranteed to find really awesome people to hang out with and go out with at any time of the day.

This hostel was amazing! Very social so great as a solo traveller for meeting people. There were different events held at the hostel and a lot of resources for what to do in Prague. Staff were extremely knowledgeable!

Best Hostel Ever

Hope they could add more shower rooms. There are only 2 on each floor with 20-30 guests. There's a weird smell in the toilets -- not sure what it is. There's a middle-aged staff there who's a bit of an a**hole. He's not very friendly. He's grumpy! He doesn't know how to treat guests especially those whi are jet lagged. He raised his voice at me just coz I wasn't planning on buying the one-month transport pass.

Hello, thank you for your stay and feedback. Soon we are planning a major bathroom reconstruction in the whole Hostel to improve the capacity and comfort. I want to apologize for your bad experience with our receptionist, I know who it was and have already spoken with him about it. I wish you all the best, Miro/manager

Excellent hostel! Easily the best I've been to! The beds were incredible it felt like you were sleeping on clouds! The lockers were so spacious! The rooms were classy!! Every second night there's a free BBQ & they have regular quiz nights etc which makes meeting fellow travellers a breeze!!! Staff were very friendly & accommodating. There is a supermarket right down the road & a short tram ride will take you into the city centre :)))

This is the fourth time that I stay at this hostel, although the best one was the second. It's a shame that the staff recently implemented a policy of discrimination regarding to solo travellers over 39 y/o to stay in mixed dorm rooms, it is ridiculous and does not make any sense. This last time I arrived with relatives and Lemon was so kind with us, in another hand, another staff member (petite woman with rounded face), a day after, was rude and indifferent with us when asking for information.

I loved this hostel from the minute I set foot in it. After a terrible night train journey we were delighted to be told that we got lucky and could go straight to our room to sleep in the comfiest hostel beds I've ever experienced. The rooms are nice and the bar is very cosy. The staff are very helpful but the bar staff were the best! It is a bit far out but there is a tram around the corner which sorts out that problem :)

The hostel was in a nice location with a close distance to a tram stop and a convenience store nearby. The beds and room were vary big and spacious. My favorite was the bar downstairs which was in a cellar type space. The people there were pretty cool and the bartender was outstanding. The dude was really cool and personable.

Do not take the no umbrellas tour

• 15th Jun 2015
  • eswan232
  • Northern Ireland

All time favourite hostel I've ever stayed at! Cheap beer, great people, fun vibes, awesome bar/breakfast. Always happy to stay at Sir Toby's!

Hello. Thank you for your stay and the nice feedback. We are glad to be favourite hostel :-) Nice to read you enjoyed your stay. We are happy to welcome you next time. Kind greetings Miro/manager

one of the bests hostel in europe

• 13th Jun 2015

Had to change rooms after 2 nights for no apparent reason. Also the free breckfast wasn't available one morning. Just a board saying sorry no breakfast today. Location is a bit dodgy getting back to when it's dark out. But apart from that everything else was excellent. Really nice atmosphere. Staff are friendly and helpful if not a little cocky. The bar is also a great bonus.

• 12th Jun 2015

Hello. Thank you for your stay and your feedback. I am sorry you had to move rooms. We do our best to not move guests, but sometimes it is unavoidable, especially in high season. We have never had nor advertised free breakfast; unfortunately our staff was sick and we couldn't find a replacement one morning. Glad you liked your stay overall! Kind greetings Miro/manager

The hostel itself was very nice. I loved the free security lockers behind the reception made and lockers under the bed. Staff really helpful with any questions we had! Only complaint is that there is no air conditioning. Our room was very humid/hot and we had some uncomfortable sleeps. The location is awesome, easy to walk or take the tram to the downtown!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6