Sir Toby's Hostel Reviews

Delnicka 24, 17000 Prague 7, Prague, Czech Republic

The best hostel I've stayed at in Europe. The staff is so awesome (Carlo is the man) and the common areas are perfect for everyone meeting before going out. I had way too much fun.

Most of the receptionists were very friendly. However, one female receptionist was super short with us to our questions. The rooms are spacious and big. It was pretty neat that they hosted a pub crawl as well.

The staff is very knowledgeable about how to navigate the city. The rooms and associated facilities are nice. Breakfast was absolutely filling.

Great hostel. The 5 person dorm was spacious and the lockers are big enough to put your bag in. It would be nice if there was some kind of blind over the large window in the bathrrom though. The 5euro breakfast is well worth it, you can even cook omlettes and pancakes. There is a bar and an outside terrace to use. The location is not near the old town but it is easy to get the tram to the old town and the castle. The hostel even sells the tram tickets and can change small amounts of money.

This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It's very clean, offers the best opportunity to meet other travelers with the BBQ or the pub in the basement, provides free tour opportunities, and has a staff that is very willing to meet other travelers and help them out. It's further outside the city square, but it's very easily reached by tram. The bathrooms and rooms are well-maintained and the hostel is great for meeting other people.

I have a good time in Sir Toby's Hostel. The staff is really great and they provide a tour trip for people to travel prague famous tourist spot. The location is great just 10 minutes to arrive their hostel and they are able to have early check in if our room is available so we could settle down very quickly and go out to visit. You have to pay for the breakfast but its worth. There are many people in the pub at night and you could make friends in there. This is such a good hostel indeed.

This is not a fun hostel. The underground bar was full of old people and weird people. Nice rooms though. The breakfast is great but not worth it for 5 euros considering Prague is so cheap anyway. If you want a nice atmosphere to meet other travelers that are fun, this is not the place.

This transit to this hostel takes you through a sketchy part of town (at least it looked that way to us). Navigating at night was a little difficult. The breakfast was OK for the money. We filled up and didn't have to eat lunch. Felt safe even in the mixed dorm with a bunch of guys. The only bad thing was they left the porch open to the back so all the cigarette smoke filled the lobby.

• 23rd May 2014

This is a fantastic hostel. despite the drawback of not being in the city center it is definitely worth the extra distance. I'll be back!

Really cool hostel. Great atmosphere. Enjoyed my stay here and the staff were excellent. No complaints :)

Can't really fault this hostel. Staff are very friendly and helpful, bar is very cheap and has a great atmosphere.

Far exceeded my expectations. The bar in the basement is awesome, great atmosphere and very fun at night, awesome way to meet other backpackers. Breakfast in the morning was cheap and delicious, lots to choose from. Rooms were big, clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend.

This place was so cheap. Shockingly so... I did not have high expectations but when I showed up it turned out to be great! Fun bar with happy hour specials. A helpful staff and very clean rooms.

It's the best hostel that I have ever been to. They got very good atmosphere, your own socket and light at the front of your bed and the wifi reception is excellent in your room! I highly recommend people to go to this place!! Location is not a problem at all because there is a train that can lead to you city center within 20 minutes for less than 1 euro!!

Great place, cheap as chips

I really enjoyed my stay! The staff were awesome and helpful and the hostel itself is really well maintained and beautiful. It isn't even that far too travel into the city. I would highly recommend staying here!

No Hot water.

Dear D. Thank you for your stay and your feedback. Unfortunately we had some technical issue with one of our boiler which might be the reason for deficiency of hot water at that time. I am sorry about it. As soon as we have found out about it we have fixed the problem. All the best, Miro, manager

Sir Toby´s is a wonderful place to stay in Praha! A great, charming atmosphere and very friendly staff make the stay to an unforgettable experience! And of course not to forget the bar with its delicious vegetarian food and good beer! ;)

Probably the best hostel I've ever been to. Too bad things were so cheap, or I would've used the hell out of that amazing kitchen! And Carlo the bartender is a sweet pea, definitely recommend hanging out at the bar. Do not recommend the hostel's walking tour, it was dreadful.

I thought the hostel was very clean & we liked the bar area. The breakfast offered was a good value for the money. The only problem we had with out stay was the manager of the hostel. My friend & I don't drink very much so we asked where the closest movie theater was, for a night out. He (Richard) was incredibly rude and judgmental because we wanted to see a movie. He made condescending comments, assumptions about us (americans) and made inappropriate comments about our spanish tour guide.

Dear . Thank you for your feedback. Richard is not a manager but our receptionist. I know him and I know he means well but it really comes as judgmental and condescending :-( I am really sorry about that and I will talk to him! Thank you, kind greetings, Miro, General Manager