Sir Toby's Hostel Reviews

Delnicka 24, 17000 Prague 7, Prague, Czech Republic

Nico was the kindest, friendliest staff member I have had the pleasure of encountering. The triple bunk beds are awesome, though people up top have no plugs. The breakfast is worth the extra €, delicious! Very cool downstairs bar and good security. The location is a little out of town but located well to the trams to everywhere. I would recommend this place and stay here again.

Hello, Thank you for staying in Sir Tobys. I could not agree more - Nico is the bomb! :-D Glad you liked our Hostel and our breakfast. Thx for recommending us. All the best, Miro/manager

Really liked this hostel, everyone was lovely and the kitchen was great. Second night I was there a staff member organised a quiz for everyone to play! The only problem I had was the fact that I was travelling with a male friend. He booked a male dorm and I booked a female dorm as it was the cheapest option for us both - however I really don't think there's any excuse for me paying more than him for the same amount of nights in the same kind of dorm.

Hello, thanks for choosing Sir Toby's and for reviewing your stay. We're happy you enjoyed your time with us. Concerning prices, we use industry standard systems like many hostels, hotels, airlines, car rentals etc. This means our prices are always changing based on various factors. Having booked a different category of room to your friend, there is more chance of a different price. In any case you definitely had a great deal on your booking as I checked - 6,5euro! Kind greetings, Miro/manager

Great bar and very cheap place to stay outside of the city centre, however really lacks security - one person in my room had their laptop stolen by someone off the street that knew the codes to get in and walked straight past the reception. The person also had key cards to the room when the CCTV footage was replayed. The next night I had money stolen out of my bag when I went to have a shower and a friend had her jacket stolen when she stayed a month before. Despite that it was a decent stay.

Hi about the security and what happened the other day That Italian robber was here as guest in that dorm! So of course he had the key card and code for the door. Police already caught him in other hostel The comp will be returned to the guest which is great and doesn't happens often Pls next time before posting such a review get all the facts Robbery attacks are impossible to prevent :-( when the robber isn't on black list already. We do recommend always the metal safes by reception Regards Miro

This was a nice hostel. I liked it and the beds were very comfy!!! Kinda loud at night but I'm not sure if that's the set up of the hostel or the people who were in it... I'd stay here again.

Very nice hostel. Super helpful staff. Quiet location and a good night's rest, but well connected to city center. Bonus: Free Parking at the side of the street over the weekend

• 30th Oct 2015

Hello, Thank you for your visit and your review. Nice to read you had good sleep and that our staff was helpful. Yup but really only in weekends and NOT in blue zone but white zone - otherwise its trouble ;-) - just in case some future guest with car is reading this. All the best, Miro/manager

Easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Super cheap, really funky, great atmosphere, comfy beds. Just generally awesome, wish I knew about this place at the start of my trip, would have stayed so much longer!

Hello, Thank you for your stay and your feedback. It is really great to read! Glad you had good stay with us in all aspects. So maybe we see you again next time you are in Europe :-) Kind greetings, Miro/manager

We absolutely loved this place. The staff were awesome facilities were great. Great location, easy walk into town. There are 2 amazing resturant up the street. Was awesome. Thanks guys!

• 28th Oct 2015

Great pub in the basement - removed from the city centre, but Prague is small enough that this doesn't matter!

GREAT! BEST VALUE FOR MONEY!

Hi, Thank you for your visit and your feedback :-) Kind greetings, Miro/manager

It's a little far away from downtown, but still pretty close - you just need to get a tram there. The hostel itself it's pretty cool, the breakfast, the kitchen, the staff, and I have to tell you... THE BAR. You go down stars only looking to have one beer, you will end up drunk and making a lot friends. Totally recommend. :)

Seriously stay here! I had the best time here with my friend in October. We stayed in a 6 bed female dorm. It was such a big room, really clean and so quiet. Sir Tobys in located right by a tram stop so it's super easy to get into the centre. I can't wait to return to Prague and when I do I'll be booking this hostel!

Staff members are super friendly. IN great atmosphere is the basement bar, and I met many funny people and had a lot of fun there. The location is a bit far away from the old town, but with the convenient tram system it is absolutely not a problem at all. The only thing that can be improved is sometimes the key card does not work.

Hello, thank you for your visit and the review. Happy to hear about friendly staff :-) We are sorry about the key cards! I know that we do have to remake them sometimes. Will have to call the IT guy to have a look at it. Glad you could meet people and have fun in our basement. All the best! Kind greetings, Miro/manager

very cozy, homely and roomy

Had a blast once again!! Sir Toby's is the best for the international hook ups!! Great people! Great Services! Great Rooms!!

• 24th Oct 2015

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I loved absolutely everything about it. There are bad reviews about the location because it is a little removed from the city center but I felt like the location was very safe and I enjoyed taking the tram around each day. I helped me get to know Prague. The people that work here are totally helpful and fun and the bar scene downstairs is happening. I switched hostels to go here because I wanted something more lively and this was it. It was perfect.

Hello. Thank you for the perfect score, always nice :-) Glad you enjoyed the location, it is as you say, this part of Prague might be even more real "Prague" than the downtown ;-) Yes we are fortunate to have the "downstairs"! Thx again and have great rest of the year. Kind greetings, Miro/manager

Best hostel i have stayed in hands down. The staff are very helpful, the bar is a great place to meet people. The trams are within minutes walk. Everything about Sir Tobys is Amazing!

If you want somewhere social but u can still sleep, definitely come here!! I ended up staying 2 more nights and rearranging my travel to Wien. The pub opens from 6pm and closes whenever the bartender wants to close so for me it was 2am-ish. It means you dont have to go out if u dont want to. The breakfast here is definitely worth the money - you can make your own omelettes and pancakes and ofc there is the normal breakfast items. I met so many amazing people here, some i'll truly never forget :)

Hello, Thank you for well described feedback. I really like the first sentence definition :-D Great to hear you stayed longer, I do like Wien, but Prague is Prague ;-) Great you enjoyed our basement and met amazing people, thats what it is about! Maybe we see you again some time in future. Kind greetings

Amazing community atmosphere. Great breakfast for a great value. I was charged twice for one night's stay, but the situation was sorted out by the hostel manager - I was given a full refund, and offered a free breakfast should I come back Prague. Friendly, informative staff. The cheapest beer. The most comfortable common room.

So incredibly sociable! Im going back to Prague and i'll be staying there next week!

I had an amazing stay at Sir Toby's! The staff were really friendly and fun, the hostel's location was out of the centre but very close to a tram line (which runs all day and night) and it was no problem getting to the city centre. The rooms were cheap, clean, and secure (cameras, keycard, private locker pp), the view wonderful, and the general vibe was excellent. The hostel also has its own bar (with beer on tap) which we frequented almost every night. Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

• 20th Oct 2015