Sirma’s Mount Vodno House Reviews

Bansko 29, Skopje, Macedonia

I would highly recommend Zoya's place to anyone visiting Skopje, except to those who are particular about staying in the city center, (although it's a pleasant 15-20 minute walk away). I specifically chose this location and was more than pleased with it. Zoya and her staff are very friendly, helpful, and fun to be around. I had an unexpected and wonderful experience in Macedonia, thanks to Zoya, and will make sure to visit again and stay there.

• 4th Aug 2013

Thank you Alexandria. we are very happy to have helped make your time in Macedonia a wonderful experience. Please come again soon.

The house is really nice. It's a bit outside the city centre, but by foot it will take 15 minutes to be there. The neighbourhood is really quite. The hostel is small with a really pretty garden. It makes you feel at house directly.

• 22nd Jul 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best for the rest of your trip.

The hostel has a quiet atmosphere it is in a reasonable location, however the management and staff in the hostel were not good. We found the staff rude and abrupt, expecting us to organise our day around them, we felt like staff constantly wanted to know what we were up to including the when we would leave and return to the hostel and not allowing us to have a shower after a hike because she wanted to be somewhere, this was unacceptable and were not happy with this

For the security of all, we try to lock the door after a certain hour, or when we cannot monitor the entrance ourselves. Sorry if asking when a guest would return felt like intrusion - that is however necessary in a small place like ours. Also, we do have a check out time - which is 11 AM. We allowed this guest to leave their bags for free, and waited for them to return from their hike. We could not allow them to stay in the hostel (shower, use kitchen) all day - it is policy of all hostels.

Zoya was very helpful and kind in our communications prior to arriving at the hostel and even arranged a taxi pick up for us from the bus station as an anniversary gift and organised for roses to be in our room which was very sweet. Unfortunately Zoya was away during our stay and the lady looking after the hostel spoke very little English and did not try and explain where things were etc. The hostel was very full with people sleeping in the kitchen/living room area. Our bed was a sofa bed.

I felt privileged to be the host of a young couple on their anniversary, and regret not being there to greet them due to unavoidable engagements out of town. Unfortunately, my friend looking after the house was taken aback by another guest who had reserved for two, but showed up at 2 AM with 4 people. We had to make a decision to leave two young girls on the street, or try to accommodate them. I am very sorry that my decision disturbed the other guests. I hope I can make it up to you some day...

I really enjoyed staying in the hostel. Owners are very nice and helpful, you can count on them. They will tell you about interesting things in Ohrid and around. Room was good quality. I really recommend this place.

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Poland

Thanks:) You may wish to LIKE our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/SirmaMountVodnoHostel

Location is absurdly far away from everything unless you're into taking taxis. Do take note that there is a tourist tax not included in the listing. Owner is nice enough but the hostel location is really a huge turn-off.

When arriving at Sirma's Place late evening we thought we'd be far off the city center but actually it's just a walk down the hill. Especially, considering the price this place is really worth staying at. You have a little garden with mint and fruits you're allowed to pick and a cosy hammock... The owner is a great woman - explaining everything you need know about Skopje and funny, too.

Glad you thought I was funny:) thanks

We liked our stay in Sirma's Mount Vodno house. Perfect location for someone who wants to get a good sleep and still it is a walk away from the city center.

• 26th Jun 2013
  • Finland

I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and had a good night's sleep:) Thank you for booking with us.

We had a great stay! She helped us out a lot and it was super nice to be picked up from the trainstation :) And we had a delicious breakfast for a small price :)

It makes my day to hear that you have enjoyed your stay:) Thank you for booking with us.

This is a lovely spot surrounded by gardens in a quiet and peaceful area 20 minutes walk from the center of Skopje. Zoya, the host, is extremely helpful and makes you feel right at home. It has everything a traveller could want: wifi, a communal kitchen and possibly the best hot showers we've had on our trip thus far! We enjoyed our stay and hope to return again. FYI: If you take a taxi from the bus station as we did make sure you take a REAL taxi and pay no more than 100-120 dinar.