Situs Hostel Reviews

Starceviceva 3, Split, Croatia

There was no problem with the flat we booked but we had to wait for more than an hour before being able to get it. I think it is not the staff's fault but I guess there should be more thanjust one person at the reception

Nice and small Hostel in a good location, but without any pots in the kitchen!!

• 17th Aug 2013

Okay, I'll try and be as objective as possible. This hostel is truly horrid! Don't be put off by a warm greeting as you enter-the staff are very ordinary. Out of all of the 60 hostels I've stayed in this would have to come close to being one of the worst. The man running the joint in particular is rude, unhelpful, and does not want you to be there. He will say when you can come back to the hostel, eat, sleep, or use any of their facilities. If you have no other option -sleep on the street.

• 15th Aug 2013

It is far from the bus station/port and it isn't clean. When I arrived, the hostel was empty and the guy wasn't there but found a message: CALL ME and then a phone number. Fortunately another person who was staying in the hostel arrived and I could get inside and wait for the guy. I couldn't use the kitchen because the guy said it wasn't working... any pans to cook. In the morning at 9:45 the guy came inside the room shouting at 6 Brazilian customers saying they had to leave at 10. Not nice

Close to the centre of split. Not the best Hostel to go to if you are going to Split to enjoy the night life. Also, there is no cooking allowed in the kitchen, making having a kitchen a bit pointless.

• 7th Aug 2013

the hostel was grat, not only the people how works there (how carry my backpack to the room and showme the best parts of split) also the rooms were clean, with air condition what is important in such a hot place, the showers were clean to, you have a common room whit tv , playstation,films and books. i totaly recomend these place for staing in split!! thanks for everything!!!

• 30th Jul 2013
  • Argentina

There are 2 different parts of the hostel. One is just some space behind a restaurant where you have the rooms and showers. No common room or kitchen there.

The owner was often not there and left his family members in charge who didn't know anything about the runnings of the hostel and couldn't speak English. He always wanted to do things later and seemed to leave things to the last minute. Despite this, security was really good as you always needed a key to get in and you had your own lockers. Beds were very comfortable and the showers were big and clean. It's a little bit of a walk from the main street, but very manageable.

We loved this hostel! Peter is such a nice guy and makes you feel really at home. Fantastic location to wonder into the town and great value for money ! Would stay here again for certain.

Although a little tricky to find at first this hostel is very close to the centre of town. The owner is hilarious and very helpful about good restaurants and generally avoiding tourist traps (as it was high season we really enjoyed this). The hostel itself is clean, has a/c (great bonus), wifi that is strong and a full kitchen for disposal. I would definitely stay here the next time I am in Split, it felt like I was staying with family.

On arrival at 12 midday, i was told to sit in the living room by someone who i think might have been the cleaner. At 1.15pm finally checked in by peter the manager, check in is from 11!!. After requesting to reduce the number of nights i had booked, he told me no way, so a heated discussion as to why then took place in the living room, in front of other travellers. He tried to get other people involved, and told me i was being rude. I did not like his attitude towards a paying guest.

I thought that, like, mainly this hostel is like, generally good and stuff.

My stay was pretty sweet here! Anytime I had a question of what to do or just needed any help the staff was great at helpi me out, especially the front desknguy Peter!! I'd definetly stay there again. Good value for the money and pretty easy to get anywhere you needed to get!!

• 19th Jul 2013

Great hostel

A great hostel with lovely staff but could be improved if there was a kitchen for guests.

It is difficult to rate this as when I arrived they were full and had me booked at another place called centro anni. I rate the staff here highly, they were very helpful and situs hostel did nothing. I went back and stayed at centro anni again because they were so lovely.

A nice small clean hostel, very helpful and friendly staff, close to the main shopping streets and a 15minute or so walk from the port. Would definitely reccomend

• 12th Jul 2013

This is a small hostel, good, clean and with friendly and helpful staff. It's a 10 minute walk from the city center and the boulevard, which is quite far compared to other hostels, but not all that bad. It's easy enough to find and cheaper than the rest. They have two big bathrooms, one for men and one for women and a separate toilet. They have a kitchen with a fridge and a PS3 in the common room. Recommended if you'd rather have a bit of money than a slightly better location.

It was a bit dificult Finding the hostel but the location was great. Over all great hostel, the staff Was really friendly soecially Peter :)