Sive Hostel Reviews

15 East End, Cahersiveen, Cahersiveen, Ireland

no in-room lockers, but immaculately clean and lovely staff

Great people, great breakfastbreakfast, best hostel!!!

The owner didnt have our beds, he had to move other person into other bedroom.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Great place and beautiful location! Staff were very kind and helpful.

Only thing I would add are some extra hooks for hanging clothes in the shower room.

This is a very bed-and-breakfast style hostel, run by a lovely older couple from their home. Free breakfast is provided, and hostel is clean, but the quiet warm atmosphere is what really makes it a great experience. Our one serious problem was when we tried to make use of the laundry service (£10) and the drier broke, leaving us with a bag of wet clothes that we had to drag along with us to our next destination, and only a half refund.

Rita was very helpful, recommending lovely places to eat and managing to get us onto a boat to the skelligs. Lovely clean facilities. No hesitation in recommending Sive Hostel

• 4th Aug 2015

Great spot in the middle of Cahersiveen. The staff provided fresh eggs at breakfast from a farm down the road and knew the skippers for the Skellig tours and helped me book a rare spot at the last minute! Highly recommend.

I had the most amazing stay with Rita Barney and Mary It's a really great hostel and the hospitality is above and beyond what you'd expect they were brilliant with advice and organising how to get places. . They went out of their way to help me get back a bag I'd become separated from. Loved it. Very highly recommended thanks

Mary is a pearl! Thx for everything, BR from Finland

Adorable and lovely hostel. The rooms were cute and nice. The kitchen was nice and set up almost like a restaurant. The lady at the reception was so friendly and kind. Breakfast was nice. The town was also small and quaint.

Good location, well equipped kitchen, hot water. Mary was very helpful and kind!! I liked this hostel very much and I will definitely come back :)