Sive Hostel Reviews

15 East End, Cahersiveen, Cahersiveen, Ireland

Marvellous place! We stayed in the beautiful cottage, fresh sheets and towels provided. The kitchen was very well equipped, though a bit small when all people staying there had the nice and included breakfast at the same time. A nice cosy sitting room with a warm fire lightened in the evening. Besides the nice mix of people staying there, the very best about the hostel is without any discussion the wonderful staff!

Had a great stay and our host Mary was wonderful. Would love to go back again.

I was with my friends, we were very well welcomed by a pleasant man and very well attended by the mam who was responsible for keeping the kitchen always tidy. We really enjoyed it. ;)

• 30th Aug 2014

The 2 owners are nice and really cute. This was one of the cleanest hostels I've ever been. THe bathrooms and toilets are cleaned every day. ( not likely for hostels I was before) The view form the balcony is incredible and the price was only 17 euros for a great room and a really comfortable BED! A real bed! in every rooms even in the dormitories. THe two ladies are helpful and sympathetic.

Great hostel! Friendly staff. The lady was very helpful. The bed we had was extremely comfortable. It was a great place to relax after hiking the Kerry Way that day. We met some really cool people and the bar across the street was nice. Also has a supermarket right across the street.

I can't give a complete review of this hostel, since I ended up leaving before the evening. I checked into the hostel (not the best experience - the man had no record of my reservation and so charged me the full rate, not taking into account the deposit I had paid) and then was shown up to my room. The bed was uncomfortable and the duvet kind of scratchy - so while I lay there trying to relax, I kept thinking about the heavenly hostel I had stayed at in Fossa, a mere hour up the road. So I left.

Really enjoyed it.