Six Degrees Reviews

Jalan Cikini Raya 60 B-C, Jakarta, Indonesia

I felt like I had a different experience than everyone else. I was in the "cheaper" which meant broken bunk bed ladders and crumbling walls. The toilets were OK. Felt like you mainly paid for the atmosphere here. The staff directed me to a travel agency that ripped me off. My experience here was out of the norm compared to others I've spoke to, so I guess I was unlucky.

Absolutely loved it. Made really good friends and the staff is unbelievably nice.the pod beds rock.

I'd really recommend this hostel. It provides a nice backpacker atmosphere, clean rooms and friendly staff. I stayed in the 4 person dorm that had aircon, privacy curtains and power sockets to charge your phone. I'd certainly visit this hostel again when I'd visit Jakarta again.

Great value for money! Especially after being in other dorms around Java and Bali, I think this hostel has the best value for money. Safe and towel are included, there's wifi, a nice common area upstairs, a small breakfast in the morning and on top of the bill, there's hot water (which none of the Balinese dorms had). Of course, it's still a backpackers dorm, so don't expect everything to perfectly clean and modern, but for a backpackers dorm it's a great place!

- Cosy hostel with lots of backpackers - Average rooms, but fine for a few days - Hot water shower :) - Nice staff, breakfast okay

• 21st Aug 2014

Great roof terrace, nice and helpful staff, close to metro station, not loud, close to travel agent, wifi worked perfect

It was a great place with great people especially Ning

A really nice hostel with a beautiful rooftop, that you've probably have already seen in the pictures. The rooms have no windows, but each bed has a curtain and it's own lamp, which is really convenient. And yes, they have a normal toilet and shower, which are not typical for Indonesia :)

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Belarus

very friendly staff, that are always ready to help.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

One of the best guesthouse i have ever seen! For all the services included, the price is really cheap. The staff is soooooo lovely ! I spend 3 nights there, and it was wonderful! This is a nice place, this is beautiful, there is a roof top where you can just chill and have a beer.. Really, you must go there! :)

Freindly staff, awesome rooftop bar,close to a train station, the best place in Jakarta I've seen during my stay there. I loved my own "bedbox" - super idea, the food was also pretty good there.

The roof terrace and the atmosphere is great! Also very helpfull staff. Not the best citiy, but a great hostel!

Perfect hostel to start your trip in Indonesia! The rooftop terrace and the lobby are great to meet people. Couldn't have wished for a better start! Staff is super friendly and helpfull as well.

Nice hostel, good facilities.

Amazing stay at six degrees! The roof top terrace is a social area where you meet lots of other backpackers and even the staff join you. Can buy beers at reception. Staff are amazing, it's so clean and the pod rooms are ao well equipped with lockers, USB ports and air con. Staff provide you with emails before for directions, info on the Ramadan season and also send you your bill once you have paid via email. I had the best time in six degrees and would definitely recommend!!

Would recommend this place to everyone

• 21st Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

We tried to pay with credit card, and it wasn´t possible.

Very nice hostel!

six degrees was an excellent first stop in jakarta. clean dorm rooms with decent beds, lights and power adapters with the added privacy of a curtain made it a great place to rest one's head after a long jakartan day! the staff go out of their way to help and the hostel owners ian, ning and dicko gave me some sweet info and a lot of help in purchasing a motorbike and planning my trip. the rooftop area is also an excellent place for a beer. thanks for the great stay and i will be back!

Very nice hostel and very kind staff. Jakarta itself we didn't enjoy that much, but the hostel made our stay definitely more enjoyable.

• 3rd Jul 2014