Six Degrees Reviews

Jalan Cikini Raya 60 B-C, Jakarta, Indonesia

I stayed at Six Degrees twice on my recent trip to Indonesia. It was by far one of my best hotel experiences to date. Good location, excellent staff especially Ning and her lovely cat Nemo. Ning was very kind and helpful in getting me to a nearby supermarket, train station and mall. She even gave me a hug when I checked out. Excellent facilities with a nice rooftop garden. Climb to the very top and see the downtown skyline. Thanks for a wonderful experience Six Degrees! I hope to stay again!

I can't really understand how this hostel got rated "best small Hostel in 2013" by Hostelworld. First of all it's huge and secondly I've seen so many hostels that were much much better. This one was rather average. The athmosphere is not good at all, the rooftop is like a construction site. Staff have that typical "megapolis arrogance" and are not as nice as other Indonesians. The location was ok I guess, can't really compare to Jalan Jaksa. Breakfast was ok too.

After 6 months of travelling this has to be the best hostel we have stayed in. All the facilities were fantastic, the staff were so friendly and welcoming and the hot water was HOT!!!!

I had a really nice stay at Six degrees, and if I have to come back to Jakarta I would definetly book a room there again.

• 20th Jan 2014

"Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name--and they're always glad you came!"

I feel happy to stay with them, the staff very kind to help me a lot during my staying. ^_^

Nice people. Excellent staff

• 13th Jan 2014
  • South Africa

Great hostel to stay in! Loved how relaxed the common area is. :) But staff service could still improve. I've stayed in many hostels all over Asia, and was surprised that the staff did not brief us on what to see and do around Cikini area and Jakarta. Yes, the huge bulletin board helps a lot in getting more info, but I think it's a good SOP if they welcome and brief guests well. :) Overall, the stay was great!

Amazing hostel, super nice and helpful staff. Rooms are nice, cool and clean. Oppertunity to watch lots of movies on the sofa or chill out with other travellers on the lovely rooftop. Enjoyed every moment of my stay at Six degrees and would definitely come back.

Location wise- it's strategic. Near the Cikini train station. Parking was inadequate. The business complex where the hostel is located didn't have secure parking system. So, the security was up to the official & unofficial parking attendance and the parking fee was also up to them. Anyway, it won't be a problem if you stay only for 1 night, but I won't stay there again in the future. Decor inside the hostel looked like there was an unfinished renovation project..

The owner strives to make "the better hostel" and succeeded!!!!

A.W.E.S.O.M.E

Loved this hostel! Everything was great - rooftop garden, nice people, pool table, internet, all you can ask for :)

awesome hostel, great atomsphere, good WIFI connection on 3rd floor and very clean, good 24 hours A/C, cold AC! I strongly recommend this hostel!

This hostel was quite expensive but you get what you pay for and in my oppinion it was worth paying extra for. An oasis in a crazy city

I don't often take the time to write reviews of hostels but I was blown away by Six Degrees. Everyone I met there was friendly and helpful, the facilitieds (roof garden, pool table, cinema area, etc.) were brilliant. Most of all this was the best hostel I've stayed in for a long time for the "traveller vibe", a great place to meet people, make plans and talk about travelling.

Wonderful, in the middle of the City, Bus- trainstation is very close, so are foodstalls with awesome food! Staff is friendly, speaks excellent english and can provide you with any information you like .The rooftop is perfect for a beer and relaxed evenings and If you are not tired after a long walk in the city you can workout in the minigym. Definitely one of my favourite hostels!

This hostel inspired me! It was amazing, everything has been thought of for the comfort of travelers. From universal plug ins to a pool table you are bound to stay entertained and comfortable. Tea and cold water all day and properly HOT nice showers. I wish this was a world wide franchise because I wouldn't stay anywhere else if it was. Too bad it is located in Jakarta. But it is an oasis in a crazy city!!!

Great place to stay, very clean, nice hot showers, comfy beds, cool movie room to veg out in, cold beers in the fridge and an amazing staff. During my stay, I accidentally left my money pouch containing nearly $500 and two spare credit cards there and didn't discover they were missing till I was at the airport. I quickly contacted the staff and not only did they find it, they also went the extra mile to get the cash wired back to me. I can't thank them enough for this!

I had a bed with dip mattrees making me hard to sleep. The hostel has changed it for the last night so I could have a better sleep. I should have told the hostel to change it once I checked in. Apart from that, everything is excellent.

• 21st Nov 2013