Six Degrees Reviews

Jalan Cikini Raya 60 B-C, Jakarta, Indonesia

The hostel stay was fine. Breakfast was really nice and wifi worked well. It was a little difficult to find the entrance to the hostel from a taxi a night. My driver was nice enough to get out and ask people who helped, but it would have been really hard alone. The hostel held my bags in the main room while I explored Jakarta on the last day when I had a late flight. Overall good stay.

• 16th Dec 2015

Awesome hostel. Great staff. Facilities included movie room, rooftop bar. anything anyone could want. The hostel was almost TOO Comfortable-It was hard to leave. Only downside was hot water was somewhat iffy in the shower-but I didn't even deduct points for that. This is THE place to stay in Jarkata.

That's great! It make us happy to hear that you had such a positive experience at Six Degrees. The water heaters do a have a fixed capacity which is usually more than enough, but perhaps you went in after a lot of other people showered? We'll look into increasing our hot water capacity though. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon in Jakarta!

Very nice hostel and highly recommendable. Good value for money and good location in town. But there are many cats and some areas are not that clean. The staff is awesome, very helpful and polite.

Great atmosphere and central location

Perfect backpackers hostel! Really kind people and amazing staff, always helpfull. Highly recommended!

Great place, very well thought out and amazing bunks. They know what travellers need and want, and they provide.

I had a great stay here! From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out. Staff is superb! I said my name once and the next morning was greeted by name. Beds are nice and clean. Washrooms are also well kept. The common room is big and spacious for meeting new friends on the road.

Seriously the best hostel I have stayed at in my 8 months travelling around South east Asia! The staff are absolutely incredible!

This was the best hostel we stayed in during our two month trip. The vibe was really great, the comfort serious, and they have an N64 with Mariokart. Why not, right? The food is good and affordable, the rooms and hostel clean, the rooftop a great addition. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

There are cats that live in this hostel! Manky cats. Apart from that it was ok. Someone stole my stuff I left in the shower (it was only there 2 minutes!) That was annoying. And the bar was full of drunk English people but that was kinda cool. Unfortunately you can hear the bar in the dorm rooms when you're trying to sleep. It was ok, I would stay there again.

awww, they're not manky! Nemo and Red are the most spoiled cats in the city! They even go to the salon for mani-pedi regularly, are neutered and are lovely and friendly. Sorry you didn't make friends with them. I will say this though: you'll never see a mouse at Six Degrees!

Great stay overall. Particularly liked the dorm room (four-bed dorm) and common area downstairs. However, felt bathroom and toilets were dingy and not so pleasant. These could do with an upgrade. Sinks could do with a little shelf close by for toiletries / makeup and lighting can be improved for ladies who want to do makeup.

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

Great hostel with everything you need. Great free breakfast, great wifi on every floor and great cheap food across the street. Easy to find and get to from the airport or train station. Also if you need souvenirs the top floor of Batik Keris is walking distance from there and has great selection of everything.

One of the best we've stayed in! Ning and her staff were so friendly and welcoming, felt like a home away from home. We didn't do much in Jakarta, so we just hung out at the hostel all day. Definitely recommend if you have a stop in jakarta

Very comfortable place to stay in. The staff esp. at the reception are all cheerful and speak good English.

The staff was super nice. They even accepted that I leave a bag for a month while I go travelling to Indonesia!, very accommodating. They have a bar on the roof which is nice!

This is my third time staying here, and it's always nice to be back here. The welcoming staffs and the overall ambiance are two out of many reasons to stay at this hostel.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Indonesia

I appreciate the warm welcome, and helpful advice from Ms. Rini, Ms Fidel., and Mr. Budi

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Vietnam

Nice people, nice atmosphere, nice place

The staff is lovely and help you out whenever they can (even with repairing broken shoes). The rooftop bar is awesome. Rooms are tiny and mine had no window (4 bed dorm). But you have lots of privacy with a curtain and your own plug in and light. The locker could be bigger, so that it fits a bag. Breakfast is included which is really helpful. And they have a pool table and a huge screen for watching movies. All in all: a really good hostel.

Great atmosphere with lovely staff in central Jakarta. Plenty of other solo travelers around to socialize with on the roof terrace.