Skanstulls Hostel Reviews

Ringvagen 135, Stockholm, Sweden

They have some of the most helpful staff I've met at any hostel. the place was very clean and felt very safe during my stay. They do make you pay for your own linens but other than that, its a great place to stay!

This is my favorite hostel in Stockholm. I just love the location and the decor. They have free coffee and pasta and I have always met really nice people here.

i stayed here for 2 night. ThisHostel is good located, in the area Sofo with lots of restaurants. close to the subway. i missed some meeting area to chill out. they only had the kitchen area

I was very impressed with the staff. I had to print a very important train ticket, and although they don't have a printer available for quests, they were able to help me get what I needed with their office printer. It was a 2.5 mile walk from the train station (took about 40 minutes) so location wasn't amazing, but the walk was great in order to see the city! There is also a metro station within minutes of the hostel! I only stayed for one night, but I had a good experience! :)

• 18th Aug 2015

Very nice clean rooms and kitchen. The hostel has a nice design, something you don't see everyday. The staff was really friendly. We felt very welcome here! Unfortunately, this hostel is in the basement with no windows, neither in the room nor in the kitchen. Made it a bit uncomfortable. But if you don't want to stay inside much but explore Stockholm, this is a very good place to stay!

Hostel is very simple, but good. The lady from reception was very kind and helpful when we needed. No worries or problems at all. Would stay there again for sure!

Great friendly staff, comfortable beds, great kitchen and the best wifi we've had all trip. Stockholm is small anyway, I wouldn't worry about the location. Would stay here again.

Comfortable beds, cosy kitchen area, friendly staff. Shower room could have been cleaner and there's not a lot of privacy due too 'gym setup'.

Great location, decent rooms and helpful staff. Great kitchen.

Maintenance work started at 8am and was finished by 11am, a lot of people were sleeping then. Also no sugar for the coffee was available

• 7th Aug 2015

Great hostel. Chariots for beds with lots of privacy, lockers, nice bathrooms. Showers could be a little better but I think they were under construction. super nice receptionist.

They overbooked our room so upgraded us to a private room...really impressed with their service. The hostel is also really nice and has a great kitchen. The only thing is their reception hours are slightly limiting but not that big of a deal....

Decent hostel in a good area south of the central old town, only two metro stops away. Free lockers were nice. No real atmosphere or common space to meet folks aside from the kitchen.

Skanstulls hostel is perfectly located in the best part of Stockholm, Sodermalm, away from the touristy attractions in a very trendy/creative area. As a hostel it isn't that great - the rooms are small, it's located underground and the only place to spend time, sit down, and meet people is in the kitchen (which is its only saving grace). It lacked any atmosphere until dinner time, when the kitchen was full with people cooking their own meals. However, it's an okay place to shower, eat and sleep.

This was a great spot. Much bigger inside than you'd guess. Slept in the dorm room--not at all cramped, has lockers. Chill & friendly vibe. Common room/kitchen is just really nice to be in. Other guests were friendly & sociable. Staff were very helpful and attentive and, y'know, human (as in not just cold processing of customers). Not in the city centre but close to Sofo area and right near the metro station. Grocery store, a couple of restaurants also nearby. Would stay again for sure.

I had a mistake making a reservation and the receptionist were incredible nice and fix it for me. The customer service was great. Thank you!

The room was never cleaned during our stay, the other areas were fairly clean. Unfortunately there weren't any common areas to relax in, just the kitchen. Location was great though. Overall fairly positive but not as good as expected based on previous ratings.

I didn't like place at all, City Back packers is way better. The place is very clean which I loved it, the showers were nice, the staff very nice and helpful as Problems I found: 1- No lounge, so, many hang out in the kitchen, that can only fit 16 people max, so no space or peace to eat. 2- As there is no lounge to hang out, it is hard to meet people. 3- Bed and linen short, and I'm not even tall. 4- Nothing in the area is appealing, hippies are not type, so I hated the area, won't come

Great atmosphere. Not center of Stockholm but close. Everything is located on the bottom floor which was nice since I had luggage. Security is AWFUL. There is absolutely no hostel employee here between 8pm&8am. Signs in the hostel say "if there is an emergency, call 112". Random ppl not with hostel would come with drunken invites from other people staying there. saw 2 girls in bathroom getting it on. Smelly bathroom but not dirty. Would still recommend because everyone i met here was cool

Great location. 20 minute walk to Gamlastan. 2 minute walk to Metro. Central to a hipster area. The group staying in he hostel while I was there were very boring, no one wanted to go out. Haha so I had a great time exploring by myself.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4