Skanstulls Hostel Reviews

Ringvagen 135, Stockholm, Sweden

Skanstull hotel was well located, close to a subway station in Sodermalm (the cool island) that will get you to the centre in 10 minutes max. The hotel was nicely decorated and the rooms had all the essentials. Computers connected to the internet and Wifi were also available. Free coffee and tea was provided, but it would have been nice to get some breakfast. The worst part, I think, is that reception is only open for 12h so if something happened (e.g.lost keys) there would be no way to fix it.

Amazing hostel. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Great secure storage room for bags if you arrive effort check in or check out before you leave Stockholm! Super comfy beds. Perfect kitchen to cook meals for yourself. Pretty good common area and the hostel was really clean, with great amount of showers and toilets

I was not happy of my stay because I got a bad bed to sleep and after 11pm the lounge is closed so there is no atmosphere

PROS: Staff were welcoming and informative; You get a good sized locker for your stuff; Bed was comfortable; There is a cafe area and computers for free internet use; Numerous toilet and shower facilities CONS: Fair distance from Stockholm central station however it's a pleasant walk to the hostel so that made it worth while (There are transport links to take you there but I like walking); As with most mixed dorms at hostels it's not very private if that's your thing. Would stay here again!

there's no common area. other than that an okay place to stay .

• 30th Sep 2014
  • El Salvador

The place was really nice, staff very friendly and the rooms were kept clean. We booked a twin room which was very small and cramped compared to the price we paid. Also. The kitchen has no oven or toaster , which was very surprising since the rest of the facilities were modern and up to date.

I have stayed here 4-5 times. I continue to come back everytime I visit Stockholm. Great place

• 20th Sep 2014

This was my first hostel and so I was nervous but as soon as I walked in I felt safe and comfortable. The staff was wonderful and everything was very clean. The only downside was that the only common space was the kitchen but it was a wonderful kitchen. Highly highly recommend.

Skanstulls was a very clean, safe, and well ran hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful, the hostel very secure, and the rooms were very clean with very comfortable beds. Free coffee and tea made mornings and afternoons very relaxing. It's only 2 blocks from a subway station and situated about 5 blocks from a busy nightlife area. Showers and bathrooms were very clean and spacious. The subway is only 3 stops from Old Town where most of your sight seeing is centered. A very mellow hostel.

This hostel is in a great location to a lot of cool parts of Stockholm, I just wish it had a larger common area. I found it hard to meet other travelers because everyone really kept to themselves. Also the lockers could have been a tad larger.

I really enjoyed Skanstulls Hostel! The staff was very friendly, the rooms clean and the common room is awesome. Thanks a lot!

Very clean and close to a metro station which gives you easy access to the entire city. The kitchen is very new and with free pasta, most guests are in there every night making dinner so it's easy to meet new people. Already booked a second stay at this place.

Great area, a lot things around ( pubs,restaurants, park, quays, running, walking - name it ). It is an area where people live - great to meet locals :) . The hostel has a great kitchen. Staff is really helpful. I could have moved into a different hostel after 2 days - but I stayed and I am happy I did.

Very friendly and helpful staff. I felt secure but its Stockholm is relatively safe anyhow. Facilities is clean and loved the there is a kitchen (plus free and tea). Would definitely recommend this place for hostelers!

• 4th Sep 2014

Overall a great place to stay! Very close to the metro and nice facilities.

Good place to stay in a very convenient and fun neighborhood.

Overall good value for money.

• 29th Aug 2014

The hostel was nice. The atmosphere was very good, I liked hanging out in the guest kitchen. It is spacious and is well-equipped, not to mention the only place where you can socialize with other guests. The rooms were clean and the hostel staff was polite and helpful. I was overall satisfied with this hostel. It is easy to find and near a metro station so it's easy to go anywhere in the city from there.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Good location, walking distance to main sites. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Lockers in the rooms. Great kitchen. We were able to save lots of money by cooking dinner. You also get free pasta, tea and coffee. The only annoying thing was that there is a weirdo guy who apparently lives in the hostel and owns the key for room 7. Found him several times sleeping in our beds when we came back to the room at night. Reported him several times but he still managed to entered our room every night.

A hostel without luxury, comfortable beds, new kitchen with free pasta and very friendly, the main problem could be the lack of air circulation in the bedrooms which don't have windows, anyway I slept comfortably every night. There are a lot of restaurants, pubs , supermarkets around hostel and the center is just 20 min walking, so it is a recomendable hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4