Skanstulls Hostel Reviews

Ringvagen 135, Stockholm, Sweden

very small rooms but all nicely redone. locker beside each bed for your valuables with an outlet inside. SO MANY OUTLETS.10 or more in a 4 bed room. the showers do not have hooks in the stalls so you have to run out naked to get your towel (think swimming pool) the kitchen is big but was quite messy when we were there. it also kind of doubles as the common room but there was never anyone in it. wouldn't recommend if you want to meet people. overall good stay.

No privacy in the showers, only a curtain. The twin room was without a window and small. On the other hand, the kitchen was large and very well furnished.

We only stayed for one night and we're incredibly jet-lagged, but our stay here was exactly what we needed. The staff as really nice, they let us store our bags here after we checked out. Beds were comfortable, room was clean, everything was great .

• 21st Apr 2015

I was happily surprised by the rooms, they are clean, comfortable and spacious! I stayed in a 8 beded room and it was a nice room. Staff was helpful and the security locker very good. Close to the metro station, easy to walk there.

Nice hostel, very clean, good kitchen and good location (close to a subway station). The staff is very helpful and friendly (especial thanks to Eric!!). Although the rooms are a little small I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

bathrooms were dirty all the time ( I saw a pair of sucks that somebody left the day I arrived and no one would pick them and throw them into the garbage ), staff could have been nicer and it was really difficult to sleep with all the people staying at my room but that's something I would expect

The hostel itself was great, laid out a bit maze like, but you learn it fast. I stayed in an 8 person dorm which was clean and comfortable. There were enough cubby holes for bags. They have a large wall safe for each person which your keycard opens, it can easily fit a normal sized backpack/daybag. The showers were clean but small. The kitchen was amazing, multiple cooking and prep spaces. Best hostel kitchen I've ever seen. A supermarket is across the street, making it easy to prep

• 3rd Apr 2015

it was very good, the best kitchen iv had in travel. lol but the toilet is kind a stink that because its old building , it cant help. it was great hostel !

A brilliant hostel with excellent beds, bathrooms, and a great kitchen. 4 computers for free use as well as good wifi throughout. Laundry services as well. I was completely satisfied with my stay here while in Stockholm, much recommended!

I don't think it's fair that the site charge extra fees .. There are a lot of ways too book hostels without extra fees , even if it's only few euros ..

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Israel

The location was great. Just a couple of stops on the metro to central and gamla stan. The hostal was very warm which is perfect for the chilly weather and showers were lovely and hot. My only criticism was the staff weren't very informative when we arrived. Other than that we had a great time.

• 27th Mar 2015

We loved it, the only two things we noticed were: #1 If we had been four strangers in our dorm, the floor space would have been tight for all our cases (ladders for top bunks used floor space) but as we were friends one girl left her case out on the floor #2 We were off season and maybe the kitchen, showers etc might be busy in the summer months. Neither of these affected us so rate 'Excellent'- but bear these in mind if you are travelling in summer and sharing dorms.

The reception opening hours are very poor for a hostel. They close at 8PM. We didn't have any problems with that, but we saw a few people how did. And the hostel is very quiet with a great kitchen.

The hostel is situated in a great area, you will find pleny of bars, restaurants and cafés in walking distance and the old town is very close too, if you take the metro two stops. The hostelbeds were really confortable and the kitchen/common area is also great. Another positive point is the free pasta and the friendly staff. We had a really good experience at Skanstulls and would definetely recommend it.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

I have no complaints at all about my stay at Skanstulls Hostel - the staff were friendly and personable, the location is perfect, the room was comfortable and quiet. There are handy plug sockets and nightlight as well as locks and lockers provided to store valuables. The bathrooms were clean, the shower was powerful, the kitchen quirky and with all facilities needed for an enjoyable stay. Better than expected and would definately recommend :)

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Nice hostel in good location, close to subway, comfy kitchen area, nice and helpful staff.

An absolutely awesome hostel, the most helpful staff and location couldn't be better!

• 30th Dec 2014

Rooms and bathrooms were clean, however there were not enough power points in the room! Showers needed some area to put dry belongings as they are the cubicle/curtain type which was difficult.

The best part about this hostel was the kitchen. They have four sets of burners and two sinks so you never have to wait your turn to cook. The tables in the kitchen also double as the only common area. The staff was friendly. The guests were slightly older than average backpackers at the time I was staying. Relaxed place not really somewhere to party. Just a good spot to rest and escape the cold. I recommend sealing your groceries if you dont want to share. In large hostels people "borrow".

Small rooms!