Skanstulls Hostel Reviews

Ringvagen 135, Stockholm, Sweden

Great location. 20 minute walk to Gamlastan. 2 minute walk to Metro. Central to a hipster area. The group staying in he hostel while I was there were very boring, no one wanted to go out. Haha so I had a great time exploring by myself.

I had booked a 5 bedroom dorm and on arriving I was told that it is now 6 bedroom dorm, had they had downgraded the room and emailed me before hand. On checking emails I actually had the confirmation of 5 bedroom directly from the skanstulls hostel. They had no answer to that. The room was extremely dirty and messy. In all 4 days of stay I only saw one day getting cleaned that too partly. Half of the toilets smelled badly, some didn't had any hand soap etc. The shared kitchen as nice.

This Hostel is excellently located in Old Town, 4 stops from the central station. II honestly had no issueissues what so ever. The fact that they didn't have a complimentary breakfast and a giant kitchen meant everyone socialised. I had an awesome time here.

Great social hostel with a good location. Great kitchen and free food and essentials. Have to pay for sheets and make your own bed. Minus the fact A friends iPad got stolen out of the room and a bunch of ACDC old men were my roommates I had a fabulous time. Great staff!

Extremely helpful staff, and nice quiet facility.

Lovely hostel, always clean with a friendly atmosphere- the kitchen/common area makes it easy to meet other travellers. Approx 20min walk from the city centre, which is quite nice because the area is not so touristy.

Great location! Staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms have no windows so it's feels really claustrophobic and stuffy. The location for this hostel is the best thing about it, the rooms are not great.

its a good and safe place to stay, nice to meet people there... Personal are great, helpful... Very close to the metro, and good neighborhood if you want to see concert in cave or have a beer in cool and new bars... i recommend it

• 8th Jul 2015

I really loved this hostel stuff is very nice and helped me out with all my questions and needs, they also have free umbrellas!!! The hostel is located in the best area not that much tourists but lots of nice cafes bars and next to a tubestation. At the opposite of the hostel is a supermarkt where you can buy things to mix with the free pasta they have in the hostelkitchen :) There's also a nice small shoppingstreet (göransgatan) nearby which is beautiful to walk along. Skål! ;)

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Nice hostel! No complaints!

Clean, decent atmosphere, staff, especially Eric is super helpful. 10-15 minute walk to old town, right by subway and close to tradgarden; check it out!

Staff was amazing. Please give them a raise in order to keep quality employees in your organization. You can even raise my rates buy a few bucks as long as I knew it was going to the direct staff.

• 6th Jul 2015

Perfect location in Söldermalm, walking distance to old town (Gamel Stan), 5 minute metro ride to central station. Nice helpful staff. Cheap laundry service (50 SEK). AMAZING kitchen facilities. Free lockers for every bed in each room. Key card access. Would recommend 100%!!

Excellent hostel. The new system is making crazy the staff, please we sure all of them has understood it.

I really enjoyed my stay at Skanstulls! Met some great people in the fun looking kitchen. The common area was under construction while I was there, but the kitchen was pretty big with a lot of tables and seating areas. The free pasta was very popular and the kitchen was very well equiped. I had to change rooms after a night which in itself is no problem, I just would like to have known in advance. There was a misunderstanding. Overall it was a great hostel with very friendly and helpfull staff

• 6th Jul 2015

It was really nice to stay there, friendly and open people and it was really nice that pasta and coffee was for free :)

Conveniently located hostel only few metro stops from the central station. Friendly and helpful staff. Very comfortable beds! I would definitely stay here again. My only criticism would be the lack of a wash room with sinks to use for washing, shaving etc., other than the ones in the toilet cubicles.

Sleeping in the dorm was definitely a good decision. Each bed's corner is quiet and discreet, it has space, light,lockers and coat rack. Moreover there's a big welcoming kitchen and many clean toilets and showers. I must say I didn't met a so extremely willing staff. They don't give or tell you anything spontaneously unless you don't ask it (eg., no one asked me if I already knew the city, if I need a map, what should I see, where should I go, etc.). Anyway, very good hostel.

I wish the men's shower room had more shower stalls available.

The construction in the lobby was a negative.

« first « Prev 1 2 3