Skanstulls Hostel Reviews

Ringvagen 135, Stockholm, Sweden

Located in a nice area of Stockholm, close to the subway with plenty of shops nearby. The hostel itself was clean, secure and with great facilities. It was quiet when I visited due to the season but the staff were friendly and welcoming. My only problem was the bunk I was designated to was difficult to climb

Good hostel for when you need a break of party hostels. Staff were excellent, one girl pretty much did my laundry for me. Rooms were weirdly configured but clean and comfy. Good location in a nice hipster area, still within walking distance of main shopping/stuff area. Super convenient with underground from central station. Free pasta was also a blessing in a city so expensive.

Location is pretty far away from city centre and in winter it's too cold to walk (about half an hour). Also sheets are an extra 50 SEK

Great place where to stay!

• 14th Jan 2016

Great hostel!! I stayed in a double room with a private bathroom (I am a single traveller) and it was of very high standard, I felt like I was staying in a funky hotel as opposed to a hostel. This hostel would suit a group of travellers, or single travellers who are not looking to meet others - as this hostel does not have a bar, only a communal kitchen which makes it a bit difficult to meet other travellers if that's what you are after. All in all, I loved my stay and I would definitely return

If you want a peace and calmness at night this is the right place for you.

Everything you want a hostel to be : able to have a drink with new friends, good fun and a proper stay.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location of the Skanstull hostel is great! It's close to a lot of great coffee shops and small shops. I enjoyed my stay here.

Nice rooms. Nice staff at the reception.

Although the room was clean, the size of the room was very very small. It was nothing like the pictures shown of that room. The bathrooms were OK, showers need to be cleaned a bit more regularly.

Private room was small and mildewy, and the bathrooms could get disgusting, but the hostel had a great atmosphere! Friendly staff, and shareable coffee/pasta/oatmeal made for a great experience. Small enough number of rooms that the other guests could be befriended, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. A bit of a walk from the city centre, but through busy areas; it was quite enjoyable.

The hostel had a great location near Skanstulls metro in sodermalm. Since the reception closed early, with it the common room, there wasn't much space to hang out in. It was great to have free pasta, tea and coffee. Would have liked it if the sheets were included in the price. Overall, a pleasant stay for a short period of time.

Comfiest beds we have had all the trip, the staff were very friendly and welcoming, there wasn't many people there when when we were but there are fantastic common areas so I can imagine the atmosphere can be great. The overall decor of the hostel is amazing it looks like it has had a lot of money spent on it.

• 15th Dec 2015

Great hostel. Big pity there are no windows in the rooms with private bathroom.

Lovely hostel, extremely friendly and helpful staff and a fantastic chill out area and kitchen. The bed was good, I quite liked the locker being right next to you. Not a very atmospheric hostel, they don't run any social events so as a solo traveller this was a bit disappointing but I imagine it gets busier in the summer. Would recommend.

staff were friendly, common areas cozy like a café. rooms were a bit cramped. good location near to T-bahn and Sodermalm.

Definitely a cool hostel! Just had a few issues with blood spots on my "clean" sheets that I had to pay for and put on my own bed. The other issue was the stoves and lights turn off at 11PM automatically with little to no warning.. We had a late evening and made dinner later, the burners turned off with no warning...there were definitely other in the kitchen as well probably should make better signage or keep the kitchen open later...

Excellent stay in this cosy hostel.

Loved the location. Easy walk to bustling and trendy areas, also very close to the subway. Staff gave good suggestions for activities and restaurants. Room was clean and bed was comfy. Each bed has a locker! Kitchen is very well equipped. Not much of a hangout area- people use the kitchen for that. Despite the hostel being crowded most people kept to themselves. There was a lack of socializing, even on weekend nights. I think linens should be included, even if the rate goes up to reflect that.

The restrooms could be cleaner, but I was overall impressed with the hostel. I had no trouble meeting new people, the beds were comfortable, and outlets were everywhere. It's also really close to the hip area of Sofo.

« first « Prev 1 2 3