Skeleton Beach Backpackers Reviews

14 Moses Garoeb str, Vineta, P.O. Box 23658 Windhoek, Swakopmund, Namibia

I had a really good stay here in the 4 person Rooms, only thing I wish they had was somewhere to lock my stuff in like a locker. but otherwise it was a very pleasant stay, it is right by the beach and you can walk anywhere you would need to with in Swakop.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Really nice people, a bit of a walk from the centre, so a bit awkward at night if walking alone. The private rooms are definitey worth if you want some extra privacy. They are realy nice. Staff helped with everything I needed

Excellent hostel!! This backpackers really made our Namibia trip! Congrats to Lena for being such an amazing member of staff.

Lovely private room with massive bed to get a good sleep on. Very good value for money as the room appeared recently renovated although I did find it a bit weird that the bathroom was open plan (i.e. no door).

A group of eight of us stayed at Skeleton Beach for four days a few weeks ago and we loved it! The location is amazing, just a short block away from the beach, and the facilities are clean and orderly. I was impressed with both the security of the site and the breakfast spread, but our favorite part of the trip was the rooms! We paid the rate for 2-bed doubles (no private bath) and received private, well-furnished rooms with bathrooms ensuite. A much better value than the cramped dorms below.

• 27th Oct 2014

Great stay !! Everything was perfect, the staff is sweet, the room is big and cosy, we felt like home ! I highly recommend.

My personal experience was a 5* Hostel experience. I would highly recommend Skeleton Beach Backpackers!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

We were very impressed with our stay, we would recommend your hostel to anyone Thank you so much Anne and Family

• 24th Sep 2014

We were incredibly impressed with Skeleton Backpackers - my girlfriend and I took the double room, it was like a hotel! Absolute bargain. The breakfast was fine and the lady there organised a sandboarding tour for us. Would recommend this a place to stay 100%!

I enjoyed my night at the hostel. It was pretty quiet, there were only six of us there. The only issue we had was finding it, as it was not on the main strip of Moses Garoeb, but there is a second Moses Garoeb street. So, I know instructions are included in the confirmation for booking, but they were not helpful and we had to stop and ask at another business for assistance. Also, I called but no one answered the phone.

BIG PROBLEM : there is only one lady working at this backpackers. She's nice but there should be someone else there with her. It was hard to find her if we had problems/requests/questions. Our room was next to the living room and kitchen, it was very loud. There is no rule about noise and bringing outside people in. If you have problems at night (ex : loud drunk people at 3am), no one is there to deal with it. This place needs to refine the way it operates and define some rules.