Sky Backpackers Reviews

2-4 Litton Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great place will be back, the staff should break the ice with other guest instead of hanging in there own little group make sure and get every body involved in the free drinks,

great place to stay. clean, friendly, centrally located. not my first time staying at this specific hostel, probably won't be my last!

Really nice, clean hostel in a good location. However, if you pay by card there is an additional charge, you pay for towel hire & there are no lockers.

Very clean and great location however nowhere to lock up bags but still felt safe with the people in the room. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Awesome location, beds are a little squeaky but overall would definitely go back!

I stayed here for 11 nights and it became my home away from home. Clean and comfortable. I met SO MANY amazing people from all over. I loved that it didn't feel like a big dorm or busy hotel. It was cozy and had the perfect laid back atmosphere to make friends and just hang out. staff was super helpful and chill and this was the cleanest hostel I've been to.

• 27th Sep 2014

It was a good stay. I had no major complaints. The staff was outstanding, helpful and friendly. A number of little things were missing that would have made the stay a little nicer: a shelf, more hooks, and sink plug in the bathroom come to mind immediately. But they also had a number of very nice touches: wide beds, electric outlets by each bunk, beer and cider in the vending machine!

What a great hostel.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel, because it had all I needed: a comfy bed, a clean bathroom in the room, a big kitchen (that was cleaned several times a day). The location is also good, it's very near Temple Bar, but without the noise, so you could go everynight there and still have a good night's sleep.

This hostel is GREAT! It's got an amazing and trusting staff who really help you out. The hostel is located in a not-so-well lit up alley - so arrive early even though the area is safe. The rooms are large enough and are clean. It's in a quiet place close to everything. Wifi accessible. It's easy but annoying with heavy luggage. If there's a rugby game in the city hostels fill up. I recommend this place. Follow me on Twitter @LZuni

This was our second trip to Dublin we previously stayed at a different hostel but it was unavailable this time so booked sky backpackers. The hostel is in an ideal location right in the city center which makes it easy to get around and a short walk from one of the airport city link bus stops. The hostel was clean and tidy, the hostel also had free beer on the Friday evening of our stay which was great chance to chat with other visitors.

We stayed there 3 nights, the staff was very helpful and gave us a lot of information we needed. Each evening there was some free social activity in the hostel, which created a bonding oportunities and nice atmosphere.

In my opinion the biggest asset of this hostel is the staff who are efficeint, friendly, genuinely warm and knowledgeale. The facilities are excellent - the bathroom is a good size and I could get a cup of tea at 5 am. The only downsides are that you can hear the pub across the road and poeple going along the corridor. However this can happen anywhere . Personally I would like 2 good-sized pillows, even though I bring my own feather pillow. I enjoyed the sangria I was offered.

• 11th Sep 2014

We had a great stay at Sky Backpackers! The staff was knowledgeable about local spots to eat/drink and they were accommodating to our multiple person party (different numbers each night stayed with us, but they placed us in the same room no problem!). We had an excellent time!!

• 6th Sep 2014

The location is perfect and there is a really good atmosphere for meeting people. There is also a huge kitchen that you can share with your friends and dorms are comfortable. The only negative point is the rooms cleanliness. During my four night there, i think nobody cleaned the room...

Great Experience!!

It was a very nice hostel, the location was almost the best! The staff was kind, and they helped us everything (checked the buses timetables, gave us a converter for our hungarian plugs, booked for us a trip to the Cliffs Moher, etc.). Lovely Place!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Really great staff, some fun things going on at the hostel and everyone hung out for the 2 nights we were there - free dinner one night, free sangria the other (can't go wrong!). The ensuite bathroom in the room was really modern, clean etc. Would definitely stay here again in Dublin. Highly recommended!

Excelent room. Plenty of space. Nice beds also. The bathroom was clean and had an excelent shower, with glass doors. Nice breakfast too. Negative aspect: no elevators. Hard to go 3 floors up with luggage.

Very good stay can't fault the place or the staff and location is top notch would highly recommend staying here

• 13th Aug 2014