Sky Backpackers Reviews

2-4 Litton Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great place!

Clean rooms, helpful staff, and comfortable common area. You can't get any more centrally located in Dublin- it's right on the river but in a quiet spot. Only negative is that there are no lockers in the rooms, although you can store valuables at the front desk.

Very nice hostel, the staff are very friendly and its location is right in the centre of the city! I enjoyed it

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Staff are so helpful and friendly. Incredibly cleanot and overall a great stay! Recommend to anyone :)

• 9th Jan 2015

Really clean and modern, spacious dorms. Bathroom/shower was excellent. Good breakfast selection. Great location.

Staff were very friendly and accomodating! Thorougly enjoyed my stay here... Location couldn't be better, very central. The rooms were clean, very spacious The only downside is the bar across the alley, but I looked past that.

staff great!

• 1st Jan 2015

Mattresses are very uncomfortable and you can feel the springs. We advised of a flickering light in the bathroom on the first morning that could not be used but it was still not fixed by the time we left. Shower walls were quite slimy and in the dark by flashlight you could see they weren't very clean.

People at the reception are amazing! :)

The location of the hostel is amazing, is near to everything. In 5minutes you're at the Temple Bar, at the Trinity College, at O'Connell Street.. etc! The staff was awesome, super helpful. I've met a lot of people there. I recommend it a lot!

• 20th Dec 2014
  • manocas
  • Portugal

Friendly staff and nice location. The room was a bit crowded for so many people, that made the air not fresh in the room.

the only thing that I did not liked that the room was not equipped with a wardrobe, there was not even a bedside table, the worst thing was the noise of the bunk bed. it was impossible not to disturb other guests . I want to thank the staff, really friendly and helpful, good breakfast and initiatives evening.

It would be nice to have lockers in the room.

My main disappointment was about trash removal the just took the trash out of the bag and not the bag as well, also through the main areas there weren't really any staff so when an awkward moment happened between people staying at the hostel it was sometimes unfairly resolved.

This was my first hostel experience and it was great. I stayed in a mixed 4-bed room. The room was a bit small but it was adequate for staying a couple of nights. I definitely felt safe staying there and my belongings felt secure in the room and when i checked them with the front desk. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we were looking for some less touristy things to do. Location couldn't be beat in the heart of everything.

• 13th Nov 2014

The value was my own fault for a very late booking halloween weekend, Staff were really friendly and helpful, it was a pleasure to stay there

Sky Backpacker was an awesome hostel. The location was very convenient but it is down an alley. The manager and all of the staff were so nice and helpful. The rooms and bathroom were clean. The only the thing I would recommend would be more outlets in the rooms.

There is no storage lockers in the rooms which is fine in the private rooms but in the dorms it means everyone's bags are just stored on the floor or under the bed. Bathrooms are very clean. If your stay more then a few nights you might need a new pillow as a lot of them are very flat.

• 28th Oct 2014

Pros: The hostel was very clean and in a great location. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I met some very nice people on my second night. Cons: No lockers and you're better served finding breakfast than spending money on theirs.

• 26th Oct 2014

This was a last minute booking on Friday 24th Oct. from Nottingham, via Hostel World, at The Gate hotel where I'd booked rang and informed me they had made an error and had double booked which caused me a lot of stress. On arriving at Sky Backpackers I was greeted by a lovely warm, friendly receptionist LUCY and I immediately felt assured about staying there.

• 26th Oct 2014