Sky Backpackers Reviews

2-4 Litton Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Very good stay can't fault the place or the staff and location is top notch would highly recommend staying here

• 13th Aug 2014

The hostel was clean, the receptionists very friendly and we had a huge shower in our bathroom. Perfect!!!!!!

Great location! Great wifi! Awesome atmosphere! Smallish rooms and bathroom wasn't very clean but would definitely recommend!!

• 11th Aug 2014

The location is perfect and the staff are excellent! Only things I could hope for are lockers in the rooms (though they do have a place downstairs they will store valuables for you) and more outlets in the room. They was an awful green light that stayed on all night (some kind of security light I think) so bring an eye mask if you want total darkness. Very clean and nice atmosphere, I will be staying here again whenever I am back in Dublin!

Great spot! Felt very safe as a single female traveler. The staff upon check in was great- giving me a map and overview of the city. Rooms were clean and the free wine and cheese night was a great touch, bringing all travelers together. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Dublin!

Great place to stay in Dublin as it's close to both Temple bar and O'Connell Street. The staff are a lot of fun to hang out with and often will go out with guests. There's a musical theme to the place and they even have musical instruments that people can play. The rooms are comfy with nice bathrooms. The kitchen was excellent. Definitely coming back.

The sink in the shower was probably clogged because the water was rinsing very slow so that only 1 person (in a 4 bed dorm) per day could shower.

When we arrived weary eyed at 1am, we were informed that the door to our room didn't lock. This was not a pleasant welcome. We were also told that the hostel was all booked that weekend and that they had called a repairman for the next day. After some finagling, we were able to be moved to another room for the night. We were moved each night to different rooms, having to pack each morning and leave our stuff 'locked' up downstairs.

• 25th Jul 2014

It's a great location, but it's really loud in the alley and it's hot so you need to leave the windows open making it quite hard to sleep. The staff were excellent. There were some bizarre cleanliness issues like a large wet patch on a mattress when we arrived though. You can walk everywhere from this centrally located hostel.

great spot fantastic kitchen

The bedroom was extremely hot and stuffy, but this seems to be the case with many hostels in Ireland and the UK. The staff were very helpful. The location was good for Dublin sightseeing, and the facilities were good.

Not free access to computers, not free breakfast, and a little hard to find. Otherwise, this was a nice place to stay. The common area was a nice place to hang and meet people. We enjoyed a free dinner and sangria one of the nights.

We absolutely loved our stay and even extended for another night. The hostel is in close proximity to the excitement of the Temple bar but also in a good place to get a good nights sleep. The hostel is easy to get to via transport and the staff were super helpful. The ensuite bathroom was amazing. You didn't even need to wear flip flops in the shower, so a double win. I also loved he vibes from the wine and cheese and free dinner nights. Really supports a community feel. Double thumbs up!

Only had 1 night here on a layover, but would love to stay again

Staff is friendly. Kitchen is one of the best I've seen in a hostel, with lots of counter space

It's kind of out of the way its right off O Connell st but its tucked away down a alley so you may have some trouble finding it. Its right across from Arlington Bar and near to Starbucks Bachelors walk. The room was clean and the common areas were clean. The staff was extremly helpful and friendly. Best of all was Arlington Bar and grill the music talent there was amazing (I went on a Fri night). Temple bar area is right across the bridge, if you dont fancy Irish food there is a hard rock cafe

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Bahrain

If you're looking for a hostel right in the heart of the activity of Dublin for a good price but still relatively clean than this is a good spot. I felt the only thing that upset me was the 30-second walk in the ally from the main road to the hostel. Some interesting people gravitated there at time that I am sure weren't staying at the hostel. Also, the ally smelt like people have been relieving themselves there often! The rooms/bathrooms are clean enough, just don't expect anything amazing.

Really well located but away from the noise of the more touristy areas. Generally clean but the shower area never got properly cleaned and I notified staff that the shower was not draining properly but it hadn't been fixed by the next morning. Under the beds was also not well cleaned, which is noticeable when everyone is storing luggage under them. Otherwise a very nice hostel, but I would only stay there again if the cleanliness improved.

Would definitely recommend this hostel to travelers. It is well run, with clean rooms and excellent opportunities to meet with other travelers thanks to the numerous events that are hosted in the welcoming common room. The staff are friendly, engaging and very helpful. An absolute pleasure to deal with, Paul the manager and Lucy are absolute gems! Thanks for a memorable stay in Dublin. :)

Great staff, very helpful, genuine, always made time to have a conversation. Excellent location, everything within walking distance. Nice kitchen. In terms of atmosphere I guess they could have organised a flyer or something with games/activities. It was a bit hard to meet people in the hostel. But overall good value. Paul, Domenico and Lucy were lovely.

« first « Prev 1 2 3