Sky Backpackers Reviews

2-4 Litton Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

This was a fantastic hostel. It was very clean and the staff was friendly for the most part. The only negative thing I have to say about Sky Backpackers is that there were no lockers in the bedroom. I ended up just leaving my bags out on my bed for two nights. I met all of my roommates and could tell I didn't have anything to worry about, but it would've gave me a better peace of mind if I had a locker in the bedroom. Overall, it was a very good experience! Recommended!

We had a great time! Would stay again and can only recommend you to do the same!

Three free computers to use was definitely a plus since other hostels didn't provide that. Being on the third floor (which was actually the fourth floor) made lugging my suitcase up and down a royal pain, but not impossible. The staff are pretty humorous and there's beer in the vending machine! That was a first for me. Beds were comfy.

We had a great time in this hostel. It's very central and surrounded by Dublins attraction. The staff was super friendly, helped us with directions and advices and even played a round of UNO with us. We like this hostel so much, because it's clean, safe and organized, but the most important is that it has this backpacker atmosphere, with it's common area an kitchen!

Everything here is very good. The staff were friendly, fun, and welcoming. The room was very very good quality for a hostel. Comfortable beds, clean and well maintained bathroom, good shower (I was in a 10 bed mixed ensuite). They have a very simple breakfast available in the morning for 3 Euro. Not the best deal you'll ever find, but definitely very convenient. The wifi is good and they have a few computers that can be used. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone!

Fantastic location! A few minute walk to the Temple Bar area, and a longer walk or short ride away from Guinness, Jameson, and other attractions. Really good kitchen area and big lounge area, though not much of an atmosphere when I was here. Wifi was great. Rooms could use lockers. Room mates appeared to be very long term- piles of suitcases, books, binders, shoes everywhere. Water pressure was pretty bad. I think breakfast should be included, especially for the high weekend rates.

morning staff was great. very helpful. evening staff seemed like they would rather be somewhee else. when i checked in withher she seemed like i was taking her away from who ever she had been talking to. she quickly gave me my key and was done with me no helpful extra informtion. also have some cover or something changeable over the comfters.

Had a blast...! The staff was very friendly and the proximity to hot spots was superb.... Will recommend to other travelers and hope to come stay again. Mike

• 14th Nov 2015

Staff were nice, if a little more concerned with socializing with each other than actually helping guests. Rooms were ensuite, had no lockers or secure storage of any type in the rooms. I enjoyed the mirrored vanity area, but the showers took a lot of futzing with to get warm water. Excellent location though, attractions are all easily walkable from this area and it's not too noisy at night. Facilities were great--huge kitchen and living areas. Unfortunately the atmosphere was really lacking.

Loved the hostel! The staff was super helpful and willing to give amazing recommedations. I loved that there was a huge kitchen and everything was super clean! The rooms were amazing. I just wish there was under the bed storage for valuables. Putting my valuables in the safe worked out great, it would have just been a nice perk. Overall, I was never really worried about people going through my things. If I was in a six person over a four- that may have been a different story.

Only stopped over here one night on our way back through Dublin but it suited us very well and we would happily have stayed longer. Extremely clean, comfortable, good Wi-Fi, amazing location.

The beds are terribles. The hostel has not lockers

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Spain

I paid 10 or 12% deposit by PayPal and then when check-in was asked to pay the whole sum and was said that that the deposit wasn't taken from my account! I wasn't handled a recipe. I'll bring a Paypal confirmation next time.

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Poland

Not worth it. The staff were pleasant enough.

Nice place; the common areas are all nice but the beds are horrendous. Friendly staff but got locked out coming back from the pub for 15 mins because the desk man was off doing something. As well no lockers in the rooms - something they should have mentioned.

• 15th Sep 2015

Great atmosphere, great location, staff is OK, wifi connection is terrible. No service or slow service in your room regarding wifi. Very cool building

Great Hostel! The staff is a mixture of locals and international, giving the perfect helpful vibe. Everyone is so nice and there's always multiple people on duty so they don't become overwhelmed. Great vibe overall. Next time I go to Krakow I will be staying at the Little Havana!!!

Fairly average place, tiny room and uncomfortable bed but I was only there one night. Frankly there are better hostels for less, such as Ashfield just across the Liffey.

Hard to beat the location. The staff was friendly and gave good recommendations. It wasn't all that lively but then I was there on a Sunday night. The common space is comfortable and has a good layout. Some more outlets would be nice. The rooms are fine but some hooks in the bathrooms and some individual-use storage lockers would help.

Good hostel, tidy enough, not a ton of atmosphere but I have no complaints.