Sky Backpackers

Superb 1066 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1066 Total Reviews

17th Aug 2017

Great hostel. One of my favorites so far. Very clean. Great vibe. Relaxed. WONDERFUL friendly and helpful staff. The manager Camilla is very lovely. I will definitely be staying at this hostel again the next time I'm in Dublin. Oh yeah, and great homemade pancakes made by a super nice French woman. I forgot her name. The breakfast wasn't free but it was only three euros and definitely worth it.

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
17th Aug 2017

The hostel location is great, the staff are really friendly, always clean, bed comfy. Quiet hostel. Issues I had - wifi worst I had used in Europe! So slow. Showers. I had one warm shower. The lady came to check on it and she turned it on and it was hot. Every time I turned it on and off it was cold constantly. No idea why.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2017

This hostel is located right in the heart of Dublin. Temple bar is merely a short walk away and key attractions such as the Guinness storehouse and the jameson distillery are within walking distance. Staff were fantastic and facilities were so clean. Would definitely recommend and stay again!

• USA, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2017

For a bougie girl - this was a cool hostel. Didn't feel entirely comfortable in their sheets - however they were clean and neatly made. Everything was really clean and home-y except the bathroom sink which had a weird orange yellow tone to it. Other than that - great hostel

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
5th Aug 2017

Paying the price of a hotel but you get what you pay for. Staff were very friendly. Location is great, just other side of river is the temple bar area etc bathroom was very nice, beds comfy with power sockets right by you. Met some great people there, each day they do something free. Saturday nights it's free drinks in the common area. (The night we stayed, everyone very social) Kitchen was great and very clean. No complaints! Thoroughly recommend it!

• USA, Male, 41+
4th Aug 2017

It was a decent facility.

• USA, Female, 41+
2nd Aug 2017

This was a nice hostel but overpriced. Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't pack the rooms full. The 6 bed room we had would have been more appropriate as a 4 bed room. Their website says free breakfast but when we checked in we were told breakfast would cost 3€. Those kind of bait and switch tactics annoy me to no end. I did appreciate the en suite bathrooms and the bunk bed mattress was more comfortable than I've slept on at other hostels.

9th Jul 2017

After I had a horrible first hostel I moved to Sky. It was great! I came in before the check in time but they still let me use the showers and washing machine. The beds were comfy and had a shelf above which was great! Right along the river so it's close to everything. Coming back to Dublin in a couple weeks and staying here again!

8th Jul 2017

Great location, comfortable beds and friendly helpful staff. I didn't participate in their events although they looked like they were fun. I didn't time my day for them. Bathrooms were clean and updated. Rooms were a little stuffy and wound really benefit from a fan

• Canada, Male, 18-24
6th Jul 2017

I had a wonderful stay here in Dublin. The beds were comfortable and each bed had a utility bar where you could charge your phone, USB outlets, a nice light, and each bunk had a little privacy head cover. The bathrooms were small but clean! I had to buy a towel because the room didn't have any. My roomates were so kind and so trust worthy. Each bunk comes with a storage crate under the bed. Location was a bit loud on a friday night and rooms were quite warm. Wifi sadly didn't reach my room.