Sky Backpackers Reviews

2-4 Litton Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

This was my first hostel experience and it was great. I stayed in a mixed 4-bed room. The room was a bit small but it was adequate for staying a couple of nights. I definitely felt safe staying there and my belongings felt secure in the room and when i checked them with the front desk. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we were looking for some less touristy things to do. Location couldn't be beat in the heart of everything.

• 13th Nov 2014

The value was my own fault for a very late booking halloween weekend, Staff were really friendly and helpful, it was a pleasure to stay there

There is no storage lockers in the rooms which is fine in the private rooms but in the dorms it means everyone's bags are just stored on the floor or under the bed. Bathrooms are very clean. If your stay more then a few nights you might need a new pillow as a lot of them are very flat.

• 28th Oct 2014

Pros: The hostel was very clean and in a great location. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I met some very nice people on my second night. Cons: No lockers and you're better served finding breakfast than spending money on theirs.

• 26th Oct 2014

This was a last minute booking on Friday 24th Oct. from Nottingham, via Hostel World, at The Gate hotel where I'd booked rang and informed me they had made an error and had double booked which caused me a lot of stress. On arriving at Sky Backpackers I was greeted by a lovely warm, friendly receptionist LUCY and I immediately felt assured about staying there.

• 26th Oct 2014

The security is not the best - the front door is manned by staff who open it but you don't have to show any proof that you are staying there to get in. The room doors have a swipe card but there are no lockers in the rooms. It would be great if individual power points could be added closer to the beds. The last night that I stayed there I came back to the room at 3am to find someone asleep in my bed. So maybe it would be better to have the beds assigned so it's clearer where people should sleep

I stayed in a six bed female dorm and we had our own bathroom which was great!!! I just stayed for one night but I had a good impression of the hostel and the staff was really friendly and helpful.

This is one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. The kitchen is spectacular though I didn't get to use it. And the rooms are a good size with comfy beds. It's also super convenient to get to Temple Bar without the rowdiness. And the staff were happy to offer recommendations and advice when I asked.

The location was down a sketchy street but don't let that fool you! It was a lovely stay with helpful staff. I wish they had a free breakfast with our stay. But that's no big deal. The only thing I didn't like was the bar across the alley was playing live music until the morning. We just kept our window shut.

• 16th Oct 2014

Great place will be back, the staff should break the ice with other guest instead of hanging in there own little group make sure and get every body involved in the free drinks,

Loved this hostel! I wish I could have stayed longer. Rooms were nice and spacious, bathrooms were hotel quality (so nice to have a hot shower), duvets could have made me stay in bed most of the morning and the people were beautifully kind and helpful. When I come back to Dublin I will definitely be booking Sky Backpackers again!

• 15th Oct 2014

Probably the best hostel I stayed at during my 3wk tour through the UK/Ireland. AMAZING. A gem in Dublin. Will not be staying anywhere else next time I visit! :D awesome location, great staff, clean, neat atmosphere.

great place to stay. clean, friendly, centrally located. not my first time staying at this specific hostel, probably won't be my last!

Really nice, clean hostel in a good location. However, if you pay by card there is an additional charge, you pay for towel hire & there are no lockers.

Great hostel! Would definitely recommend and stay again. Atmosphere was fantastic and the staff was excellent, very helpful and friendly. They even helped me book my flight to Scotland! My stay here totally exceeded my expectations.

Very clean and great location however nowhere to lock up bags but still felt safe with the people in the room. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Awesome location, beds are a little squeaky but overall would definitely go back!

I stayed here for 11 nights and it became my home away from home. Clean and comfortable. I met SO MANY amazing people from all over. I loved that it didn't feel like a big dorm or busy hotel. It was cozy and had the perfect laid back atmosphere to make friends and just hang out. staff was super helpful and chill and this was the cleanest hostel I've been to.

• 27th Sep 2014

It was a good stay. I had no major complaints. The staff was outstanding, helpful and friendly. A number of little things were missing that would have made the stay a little nicer: a shelf, more hooks, and sink plug in the bathroom come to mind immediately. But they also had a number of very nice touches: wide beds, electric outlets by each bunk, beer and cider in the vending machine!

What a great hostel.