Sky Backpackers Reviews

2-4 Litton Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

In my opinion the biggest asset of this hostel is the staff who are efficeint, friendly, genuinely warm and knowledgeale. The facilities are excellent - the bathroom is a good size and I could get a cup of tea at 5 am. The only downsides are that you can hear the pub across the road and poeple going along the corridor. However this can happen anywhere . Personally I would like 2 good-sized pillows, even though I bring my own feather pillow. I enjoyed the sangria I was offered.

• 11th Sep 2014

The location is perfect and there is a really good atmosphere for meeting people. There is also a huge kitchen that you can share with your friends and dorms are comfortable. The only negative point is the rooms cleanliness. During my four night there, i think nobody cleaned the room...

Great Experience!!

It was a very nice hostel, the location was almost the best! The staff was kind, and they helped us everything (checked the buses timetables, gave us a converter for our hungarian plugs, booked for us a trip to the Cliffs Moher, etc.). Lovely Place!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Really great staff, some fun things going on at the hostel and everyone hung out for the 2 nights we were there - free dinner one night, free sangria the other (can't go wrong!). The ensuite bathroom in the room was really modern, clean etc. Would definitely stay here again in Dublin. Highly recommended!

Excelent room. Plenty of space. Nice beds also. The bathroom was clean and had an excelent shower, with glass doors. Nice breakfast too. Negative aspect: no elevators. Hard to go 3 floors up with luggage.

Very good stay can't fault the place or the staff and location is top notch would highly recommend staying here

• 13th Aug 2014

The hostel was clean, the receptionists very friendly and we had a huge shower in our bathroom. Perfect!!!!!!

Great location! Great wifi! Awesome atmosphere! Smallish rooms and bathroom wasn't very clean but would definitely recommend!!

The location is perfect and the staff are excellent! Only things I could hope for are lockers in the rooms (though they do have a place downstairs they will store valuables for you) and more outlets in the room. They was an awful green light that stayed on all night (some kind of security light I think) so bring an eye mask if you want total darkness. Very clean and nice atmosphere, I will be staying here again whenever I am back in Dublin!

Great spot! Felt very safe as a single female traveler. The staff upon check in was great- giving me a map and overview of the city. Rooms were clean and the free wine and cheese night was a great touch, bringing all travelers together. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Dublin!

Great place to stay in Dublin as it's close to both Temple bar and O'Connell Street. The staff are a lot of fun to hang out with and often will go out with guests. There's a musical theme to the place and they even have musical instruments that people can play. The rooms are comfy with nice bathrooms. The kitchen was excellent. Definitely coming back.

The sink in the shower was probably clogged because the water was rinsing very slow so that only 1 person (in a 4 bed dorm) per day could shower.

When we arrived weary eyed at 1am, we were informed that the door to our room didn't lock. This was not a pleasant welcome. We were also told that the hostel was all booked that weekend and that they had called a repairman for the next day. After some finagling, we were able to be moved to another room for the night. We were moved each night to different rooms, having to pack each morning and leave our stuff 'locked' up downstairs.

• 25th Jul 2014

It's a great location, but it's really loud in the alley and it's hot so you need to leave the windows open making it quite hard to sleep. The staff were excellent. There were some bizarre cleanliness issues like a large wet patch on a mattress when we arrived though. You can walk everywhere from this centrally located hostel.

great spot fantastic kitchen

The bedroom was extremely hot and stuffy, but this seems to be the case with many hostels in Ireland and the UK. The staff were very helpful. The location was good for Dublin sightseeing, and the facilities were good.

Not free access to computers, not free breakfast, and a little hard to find. Otherwise, this was a nice place to stay. The common area was a nice place to hang and meet people. We enjoyed a free dinner and sangria one of the nights.

We absolutely loved our stay and even extended for another night. The hostel is in close proximity to the excitement of the Temple bar but also in a good place to get a good nights sleep. The hostel is easy to get to via transport and the staff were super helpful. The ensuite bathroom was amazing. You didn't even need to wear flip flops in the shower, so a double win. I also loved he vibes from the wine and cheese and free dinner nights. Really supports a community feel. Double thumbs up!

Only had 1 night here on a layover, but would love to stay again