Sky Backpackers Reviews

2-4 Litton Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

What a great hostel.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel, because it had all I needed: a comfy bed, a clean bathroom in the room, a big kitchen (that was cleaned several times a day). The location is also good, it's very near Temple Bar, but without the noise, so you could go everynight there and still have a good night's sleep.

This hostel is GREAT! It's got an amazing and trusting staff who really help you out. The hostel is located in a not-so-well lit up alley - so arrive early even though the area is safe. The rooms are large enough and are clean. It's in a quiet place close to everything. Wifi accessible. It's easy but annoying with heavy luggage. If there's a rugby game in the city hostels fill up. I recommend this place. Follow me on Twitter @LZuni

This was our second trip to Dublin we previously stayed at a different hostel but it was unavailable this time so booked sky backpackers. The hostel is in an ideal location right in the city center which makes it easy to get around and a short walk from one of the airport city link bus stops. The hostel was clean and tidy, the hostel also had free beer on the Friday evening of our stay which was great chance to chat with other visitors.

We stayed there 3 nights, the staff was very helpful and gave us a lot of information we needed. Each evening there was some free social activity in the hostel, which created a bonding oportunities and nice atmosphere.

In my opinion the biggest asset of this hostel is the staff who are efficeint, friendly, genuinely warm and knowledgeale. The facilities are excellent - the bathroom is a good size and I could get a cup of tea at 5 am. The only downsides are that you can hear the pub across the road and poeple going along the corridor. However this can happen anywhere . Personally I would like 2 good-sized pillows, even though I bring my own feather pillow. I enjoyed the sangria I was offered.

• 11th Sep 2014

We had a great stay at Sky Backpackers! The staff was knowledgeable about local spots to eat/drink and they were accommodating to our multiple person party (different numbers each night stayed with us, but they placed us in the same room no problem!). We had an excellent time!!

• 6th Sep 2014

The location is perfect and there is a really good atmosphere for meeting people. There is also a huge kitchen that you can share with your friends and dorms are comfortable. The only negative point is the rooms cleanliness. During my four night there, i think nobody cleaned the room...

Great Experience!!

It was a very nice hostel, the location was almost the best! The staff was kind, and they helped us everything (checked the buses timetables, gave us a converter for our hungarian plugs, booked for us a trip to the Cliffs Moher, etc.). Lovely Place!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Really great staff, some fun things going on at the hostel and everyone hung out for the 2 nights we were there - free dinner one night, free sangria the other (can't go wrong!). The ensuite bathroom in the room was really modern, clean etc. Would definitely stay here again in Dublin. Highly recommended!

Excelent room. Plenty of space. Nice beds also. The bathroom was clean and had an excelent shower, with glass doors. Nice breakfast too. Negative aspect: no elevators. Hard to go 3 floors up with luggage.

Very good stay can't fault the place or the staff and location is top notch would highly recommend staying here

• 13th Aug 2014

The hostel was clean, the receptionists very friendly and we had a huge shower in our bathroom. Perfect!!!!!!

Great location! Great wifi! Awesome atmosphere! Smallish rooms and bathroom wasn't very clean but would definitely recommend!!

The location is perfect and the staff are excellent! Only things I could hope for are lockers in the rooms (though they do have a place downstairs they will store valuables for you) and more outlets in the room. They was an awful green light that stayed on all night (some kind of security light I think) so bring an eye mask if you want total darkness. Very clean and nice atmosphere, I will be staying here again whenever I am back in Dublin!

Great spot! Felt very safe as a single female traveler. The staff upon check in was great- giving me a map and overview of the city. Rooms were clean and the free wine and cheese night was a great touch, bringing all travelers together. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Dublin!

Great place to stay in Dublin as it's close to both Temple bar and O'Connell Street. The staff are a lot of fun to hang out with and often will go out with guests. There's a musical theme to the place and they even have musical instruments that people can play. The rooms are comfy with nice bathrooms. The kitchen was excellent. Definitely coming back.

The sink in the shower was probably clogged because the water was rinsing very slow so that only 1 person (in a 4 bed dorm) per day could shower.

When we arrived weary eyed at 1am, we were informed that the door to our room didn't lock. This was not a pleasant welcome. We were also told that the hostel was all booked that weekend and that they had called a repairman for the next day. After some finagling, we were able to be moved to another room for the night. We were moved each night to different rooms, having to pack each morning and leave our stuff 'locked' up downstairs.

• 25th Jul 2014