Sky Backpackers Reviews

2-4 Litton Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Would recommend hostel, location and facilities were great. Only down side was that the room was boiling hot at night and we couldn't sleep properly, the reception didn't have any fans. We did stay in the summer, but it wasn't too hot outside. I am sure this is only an is sure in the summer.

Breakfast was good. Location was good, but very loud from the bar next door. The room was very warm with no ventilation. The bathroom was ensuite, which is nice, but had very poor lighting, and no bathmats or towels. The shower was slow to heat and had very little pressure. My mattress was very uncomfortable with pointy springs. There appeared to be events and activities planned by the staff, but we weren't made aware of them.

The rooms are spacious and basic. I loved having a private bathroom! The showers were pretty clean and someone was in to clean each morning. Everyone I met at this hostel was super cool and we got to enjoy wine and cheese night!

No storage at all in the rooms, not even a shelf. Same for washrooms. Room was hot and stuffy. No personal light or shelf for bed. Bright night light in room.

Bed had a stain on the sheets. It had clearly been washed but the stain would need to be removed

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel is in a great location that makes walking around the city easy. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable on where to go and what to see. There is plenty of social space which makes it easier to meet people. The only downside was the computers weren't working in the common area.

It was an absolutely wonderful experience. The room was awesome (besides it being a little too warm) and the staff was friendly as could be. Next time I return to Dublin, I will definitely be staying here.

• 16th Jun 2015

Comfy, clean, friendly and great location. Perfect, especially for the Tartan Army.

Breakfast and a few travel tips upon arrival would have made it one of the best we stayed at. Air conditioning would have helped too. Leaving the window open is very loud.

Very nice and helpful staff. There didn't seem to be many young people staying while we were there, which made for a mediocre atmosphere, but overall nice location.

I came here after I stayed at another hostel, and all I could say is that this is the place to stay. Really nice atmosphere with a friendly staff. I stayed up with a buddy chatting about music and playing music with the receptionist. Highly recommend this place.

- *** A LOT of noise in the middle of the night (between 12am and 4am), people shouting and making lots of noises in the stairs and corridors, you should put a "keep it low, respect others" sign - Someone should overlook the dish washing because people wash them poorly and we grabbed several dirty dishes and glasses - a part of the dinning room remained sticky for over 24hrs, some guys in the night spilled something - our room was never made even though we left a 9am

Very convenient location, considering I was only there for one night due to a long layover. I liked it because it was easy to get to from the airport, easy to find at 2 am, and within walking distance from some cool areas to walk around.

• 6th Jun 2015

The dorms are nice and the staff is very helpful. Its located right in the heart of Dublin! I would highly recommend staying here to anybody and everybody!

Excellent location, great staff and most comfortable!

Brilliant service. Very helpful staff and very clean.

• 31st May 2015

the hostel was in a prime location. right across the street from the Liffey river and a less than 5 minute walk to the temple bar area. the room i stayed in was decently large and the shower was great!! nice and hot every time. the common room is big and it was fun to sit there and talk to some of the other travellers over a couple drinks. the staff was very friendly and there was always someone at the front desk to help with any question or concern. very happy with our stay.

This place has a cool vibe, fantastic staff, and a great location. The breakfast is only 3 euros and has plenty of choices. Ensuite bathroom in the 6 bed we stayed in was excellent. We were also there for "free beer" night, and the social atmosphere was great. The only negative I can think of was no lockers in the rooms. Would definitely recommend to anyone going to Dublin.

Stayed here a few times and its always good, 3 euro for breakfast, street is noisy until 12 at night.

Great place! Would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4