Sleep Easy Hostel Reviews

Via XX Settembre, 80, Verona, Italy

The neighbour is not very safe, but it is near the centre, just around 10 minutes walking. The only person, from the staff , that we met was nice, but during the night there is nobody in the hostel from the staff. There is no breakfast and you only have one microwave to do something. The price was too high for the conditions.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Not a bad location to get to the sights. Although lacking some athmosphere and cleanliness. The shower door was broken, missing tops from taps. Bins weren't emptied and it just felt a really unhappy place to be. There also wasn't a sign that was clear so I couldn't find the hostel for a little while!

I didn't find other options of hostels in the city, but the hostel corresponded to my expectations. Our room was a little bit hot and I could advise them to instal some fans. Also in the room toilet there wasn't toilet paper and the shower wasn't fixed properly. It was a good location and the staff were polite.

• 12th Aug 2014

Arrived in Verona but struggled to find the hostel as it is not clearly signposted. If you check in late (after 8pm) you have to pay €15 per person. After arriving at a reasonable time of 8:30 we were told we couldnt check in until 11pm. When the staff member arrived there was no card machine to pay the remaining balance. Despite the security being good you washed your cutlery in the toilet. There was also no oven. Overall a poor hostel experience compared to all the others on our trip.

Good morning, I sent a private message to the hotel owner for 2 pts: The room: our 2 plugs were out of order and we didn't have sheets for sleeping (It was written on the website that the sheets were given). I have a constraint with the train sheddules and I tell the hostel the time of my arrival. Unfortunately my arrival was after the check in so I had 2 solutions: 1-to pay 25€ more to sleep in the hostel 2-to cancel my reservation without money back because it was 1 day before my arrival

Hostel is okay to stay for just one night. Yellow room is on the same level as the common area (a few tables and chairs) so pretty noisy. Beds are okay and rooms not cramped. Guy at reception was polite and spoke proper English. No personnel present from 20:00 until 13:00 the next day so make sure you ask all questions upon arrival (and hope you have no nightly complaints)

• 7th Aug 2014

Very unimpressed Unclean bathrooms despite cleaners coming in every day.. visible dust on surfaces Unfriendly and uncooperative staff. There was no hot water when I arrived and still none 7 hours later. Found out other rooms had none for 2 days and after complaining, the staff slagged me off to the manager for saying something! Don't walk to the hostel either- they make it sound easy but it's a 50 min walk. Much easier to go to other station in Verona as is only 10 mins away.

Exactly what you'd expect from a hostel. Mosquito bites and so hot at night, but clean, organized, and secure. The pool is above ground little dinky one, wouldn't call it a pool really. It definitely wasn't an impressive hostel but I wasn't unimpressed or worried about it either. The location is easy to get to by bus.

The fact that check-in closes at 8 pm and no staff around at night is very inconvenience for travelers.

Pros: 5 min to center by 11, 12, or 13 bus. Individual beds. Lockers. Nice staff. Good price. Cons: No breakfast. Key card randomly stopped working and there's no one at reception after 8pm. Me and another girl (her card didn't work either) were nearly locked out the building for the night. Luckily someone else staying there arrived soon after; his key card worked. Considering most restaurants don't even open until 7pm, it's ridiculous to have to be back so early just in case something happens.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Sri Lanka

The rooms were nice and spacious, clean as well, I had some really nice roomies here, so that obviously made things better, but I have no real complaints whatsoever about this one!

Simple hostel. Large room with 4 beds and en-suite. Staff were helpful and knowledgeable. 20 minute walk to the centre. Easy buses to the train station

• 23rd Jul 2014

Was a nice hostel but common areas were not that good, no where to really sit and chill out with other travelers

Worst hostel I've stayed at. Worst directions. Got lost for 2 hours until I had to buy a cab for 20 euros. Got to the hostel and was crying and they weren't even nice at all. Take the bus to the hostel! No air conditioning and super loud street so you boil or have loud noise. Wifi and supermarket across the street was the only good thing. Oh and you can't cook there and there are no good restaurants near by.

Don't try and walk from the station; take the bus! Staff were very friendly and helpful. Thought the location was excellent. The shower was a bad point ... the bit that fastened the shower head to the wall was broke and therefore I had to hold it. Decent place overall :)

Great hostel! The rooms are spacious and beds are really comfortable. Lockers can be found in rooms. Guy at the reception was really nice as well. Location of the hostel is absolutely perfect. I'd highly recommend this hostel

Very expensive, not a good hostel

Sorry but this is not a good review, do you read the price before book? And why you booked if it's too expensive for you? Thank you Carlos

do not walk here from the train, catch a bus, it's long walk with luggage. Good location for the sightseeing. Really clean, not bunk bed either so quite comfortable and homely feeling

Take the advice of the hostel and jump on the bus if you are coming from the train station. I am not sure where many of the hostels in Verona are located but this was down the far end of a long road heading away from the city centre and the sights. I found it a chore to do daily, walking in and out of the town either to visit sights or grab something to eat. The hostel was cleaned every day but found it a bit annoying we were evicted between 10AM and 1PM. Comfortable enough.

Nice hostel, clean comfortable dorms, nice atmosphere. Will stay there again.