Sleep Easy Hostel Reviews

Via XX Settembre, 80, Verona, Italy

Good bed. Decent shower. Alright location. Staff was helpful with questions. Lovely city. Overall, great stay, and met great people.

You get what you pay for - it was very good price. It's in the ugly part of Verona but it's actually not far on foot. About 10-15 mins from the pretty part. The room was dark and dodgy looking but at least it was clean. There was no hot water in the morning but the man at the reception fixed it within 2 minutes. The man at reception was also very helpful when I asked about places to eat etc. No aircon so window had to be left open and street was so loud with cars.

Well. It may be very cheap to stay there so one can not be very picky but it was not a really pleasant stay. I slept in a 6 bed dorm and The bathroom floor was overfloded with water from the shower, it even ran out water on the floor of the room. There should be any swab equipment to be able to remove the water at least. Quite nasty toilet as well. It is located right by a street with very heavy traffic at night, and not very sound isolated so it was hard to get sleep, even with earplugs.

It was dirty. There was dust all over the floor. Mold all over the bathroom. Something was leaking in the bathroom, maybe the sink? And there was water all over the floor all the time. The shower head leaked everywhere and you couldn't completely turn the tap off in the sink. They gave us clean sheets but the blankets that were on the beds were definitely not washed. There is no kitchen so you are not allowed to cook. The guy at the desk was only there from 1-8, not very safe I don't think.

The hostel is a bit of a hike from the train station so id recommend a bus. The walk to town is not too bad though, and other than that the hostel was just fine. They had a microwave which was good, but the sink where you have to wash up the plates and utensils was really quite disgusting.

Shower handle was broken . Other guests were smoking in the room . Staff dint do anything to stop .. Whole room was smelling like tobacco ..One good thing was hostel was not far from the center and the owner was friendly .

The reception for the check-in is only open between 13:00-20:00, which means doors are closed upon this time, thus we didn't have a possibility to store our luggage at the hostel before 13:00.

• 30th Mar 2015

This place was perfectly fine. 10-15 mins walking to the main area of the city or a short bus ride. Stayed in a female dorm that was spacious and comfortable. Only complaint was that the shower head had a broken holder so I had to hold it the whole time.

It was regular, reception was kind and so the other guest. I just didnt like the way you have to bring your own security for the locker.

I think aids were invented here

• 1st Mar 2015

Check-in only 13h, unable leave luggage before

Sleep Easy is located just 10-15 mins from the most tourist areas of Verona. I had no problem with the short walk to and from the city center. It is located right above a great kehbab store as well. I heard stories about the area being a bit shady after 11pm but It didn't feel that way to me . Room was nice and spacious for 6 beds. Met some cool travellers in the common room. Reception was nice and easy, though they are only open for a certain part of the day. So anyone who arrives late is SOL.

Good hostel: nice location, good lockers, but the staff (at the moment of our check-in) wasn't nice at all. There´s no kitchen and no breakfast.

This hostel has no sense of community. It's an okay place to just have a bed to sleep but don't expect anything from the staff to help or make you feel welcome. Location is outside the city Center I walked back and fourth it wasn't a problem but at night can get a little scary if you're alone. Also, bring exact change. They never have change.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great place to stay!

I am the kind of person who loves travelling more than anything else, and to make it cheaper, i am a very easygoing person in what comes to hostels. Even then, i felt like this place was simply unacceptable! Just to list a few things of what i have found in here: uncredible disgusting kitchen, no clean dishes at all, unexistent facilities, there is nobody in the reception at night (never felt mor insecure!), location is close to the attractions but in unsafe neighbourhood. do not stay here!

I almost didn't book this hostel based on bad reviews, but I'm glad I did because there's nothing cheaper in Verona and because most of the bad reviews are misleading. Once aware that the center is at some distance, that the staff is only present between 1 and 8 pm and that the hostel has no kitchen, I actually found the rest pretty decent. It's a matter of working around those things and not expecting what is not offered. I would stay there again.

BATHROOMS ARE SO DIRTY. I would not shower there. This hostel really put me off Verona right away. The neighborhood is 20 minutes from the city center and I felt a bit uneasy walking home at night. Sheets seemed clean, but I didn't want to use the blankets. Major ick. Go elsewhere.

Great breakfast, good location, close to central station.