Sleep Easy Hostel Reviews

Via XX Settembre, 80, Verona, Italy

Loacation is walkable to the center but when bus is also very accesible since bus stop is just next to the hostel. Very helpful reception-Christian. And beds are quite comfy. The toilet is the only problem cause it's quite flooded. But overall, it's worth staying and good value for money.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Philippines

The hostel wasn't too bad (a lot better than some of the previous reviews made it out to be). The staff were fine but not overly helpful, the facilities were ok and the rooms were fairly clean. Though the rooms themselves were very spacious and the hostel was well located (about a ten minute walk from the city centre).

I enjoyed my stay

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Zimbabwe

We were 2minutes late and they didnt open the door anymore. So we had to find a new hostel in the mid night.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Finland

Cameras just about everywhere. Staff only works during the afternoon, so you can't actually ask for things except on the time you'd probably be around the city. The location is great, near to market that is really cheap, a laundry, also a small distance by foot or bus to the centre and most places to visit. Towels are 2€ and the guy gave me a small towel used usually for hands on toilets, not even a proper towel for a bath. The cleaning lady doesn't speak English nor Spanish.

If you're a girl on your own don't even think of booking this hostel It's not far from the city but the location is on a doggy street with lots of immigrants especially at night. There was a man in our room which looked like he lived there , sat in the room the whole time and stared at us. You better off spending more money and staying somewhere safe ! Disappointed

• 12th Jul 2015

Not worth the money! The restroom was very dirty and it looked like it wasn't done yet, no shower curtain either so the water would go everywhere. When I checked in they forgot to give the key to the main door so I was stuck there until the next day at 1pm that staff came in. Also, there is no kitchen and the little dishes that they do have they wash them in the restroom sink. This hostel is not worth it, stay away unless you can't find anything else...

The only good thing about this place was that the WiFi was great. Beds were uncomfortable. Unbelievably loud traffic at night, which makes it hard to sleep. Hairball clogging the shower so it would flood within minutes. When I was here it was so hot, but there was no air conditioning and the fan just pushed hot air around. The combination of the loud traffic and heat made it nearly impossible for me to sleep at night. Definitely not worth the money I paid.

Hostel is alright - it does the job of providing a safe and clean bed for the night. However there is no kitchen, check in times are limited and it's quite noisy from the road and doors slamming. Therefore I think it was a bit pricey for what it is.

• 27th Jun 2015

Nice enough hostel, staff weren't that helpful, and the facilities were not great in our room, and its a bit of a walk to the city centre, but I would stay here again.

A very diet, badly maintained hostel in a dangerous, immigrant zone in Verona. Never again!

The staff was nice but the reception is only open from 1pm to 8pm if i remember correctly. Small hostel with good security system but not so clean or modern. Beds were okay and they were not bunk beds which is a plus, but I would definitely not return. Its located in the weird part of town where a lot of people seem to have gone mental. Easy to walk to the city. No atmosphere whatsoever. Dont expect too much. Its an old hostel.

The only hostel in verona anyway but it's not too bad actually. Safe and clean, you could do a lot worse

Don't stay here! The guy at the counter was a creep (The Macedonian ) who wouldn't let 2 young girls check in past 8pm. Reception hours are from 1pm-8pm and the maid stole my towel and that created a lot of drama. Also you hardly get any sleep because the rooms are situated right on a busy street. The irony of the Sleep Easy hostel!

• 10th Jun 2015

Bad experience. I and my friend had a flight and train delayed (not our fault). We arrived at the hostel after 8pm, it was closed. A dark and strange street. A guest was arriving and let we go inside because it was "dangerous stay on the street". We stayed there thinking what to do, with nobody at the reception. Other guest tried to find a room with free beds and see what we could do. She found a man "friend (?)" Of the guy who works at the reception, and he came to us talking that we shouldnt

If your staying here you are definitely gonna want to take the buts it would be way to far of a walk, the place was great other than that, only thing is that the shower is a tiny square tile with a flimsy sheet of plastic, Didn't really get the job done, other than that had a great stay here!

• 5th Jun 2015

Bit far from the city centee, but interesting rooms. Got the impression some residents were living there permanently but they were friendly.

The hostel wasn't clearly signed but it is a 10 minute walk to the city centre. The street was a bit scary at times, especially being a girl on my own. No social atmosphere as there is no real common room. However the rooms are a very good size. Showers leak a bit so try not to be too long! Overall okay value for that area, good for 2 days, you don't need more.

Really not a bad place the bathroom in my room looked like it had just been redone. Wasn't a lot of plug ins and the beds were a little worn down but really not a bad place for the price.

The beds are infested with fleas. It became a nightmare to stay here as payment has been made for two nights. constantly catching blood filled fleas on the bed is worse than watching horror movie. I have been left with horrible bite marks all over exposed areas. Informed the management the next day, as nobody attends to the customers from 8pm till 1 pm the following day. They fumed the bed, but obviously the eggs will not die and I woke up squashing another blood filled flea. Toilets flood too.

• 3rd Jun 2015