Sleep Easy Hostel Reviews

Via XX Settembre, 80, Verona, Italy

The dorm I stayed in was quite big and the cleaners even make your bed everyday! Not so good was that you had to hold the shower nozzle the whole time as there was no place to hook it into. Also the few dishes and cutlery that they had, had to be cleaned in a sink located next to a toilet...a little disgusting really! Otherwise things were kept quite clean and the staff were really friendly.

Hostel was alright. Reception was open from 1-8pm which meant that if something had've happened there would be nobody around. There was a microwave and kettle as well as one computer you could use if needed. However the rooms were clean with powerpoints and wifi. Bus station very close by, walk into main part of Verona takes about 25 minutes.

• 10th Oct 2014

Rooms were spacious and beds pretty good, but no kettle, oven or sink to wash up in (you have to do it in your room!) is pretty poor for what you pay. The 50 euro fine for letting in anyone not staying at the hostel is also draconian (and presumably not legal?) although i understand the reasons for it. Didn't mind the location - just a 10 minute walk to town. Not a bad hostel, but not amazing either.

Liked the hostel, could do with upping the pressure in the taps and ensuring that hit water is available all day (maybe I was unlucky). Located near excellent local shops though is a bit of a trek from the railway station.

A little bit out of the way but only a 10 minute simple walk so very do able. Great wifi, and reception were lovely - one of the plug sockets in the room didn't work so they provided me with an extension cable. Microwave and toaster and a supermarket opposite so we managed to eat well. Bathroom could do with a little TLC but nothing that bothered me as its only a hostel.

BED BUGS! I only stayed one night and I was bitten on my face, arms and back. Not fun at all.

Best hostel I've stayed at in all of Italy! A little of a walk from the train station but not so far from the city centre, a nice walk with decent shoes on. But the staff were great, really helpful with buses/activities/directions, and great clean room really well set up with four separate beds in the dorm I had. No bar but a small common area, and given that close to the end of my trip a great place to unwind a little. Highly recommended!

We had to walk one hour from the train station to the hostel and when we got there there was no hot water in the shower and the door was broken! Another point is that it is a bit far away from the center especially when you walk alone at night. The staff was nice and we got to kow nice people there. And the beds were quite comfortable.

Crumbling structure; inadequate and very rude staff (especially on the phone). Zero safety during the night due to the lack of staff and the uselessness of the night emergency number (no answers, never!). Total absence of fire extinguishers in the entire hostel and electrical connections with discovered wires (extremely dangerous!) . In my room (located on the third floor, the last) it was raining, so we had to move a bed. In the morning we went to the Police.

• 9th Sep 2014

Lockers and locks on doors. Beds not particularly comfy but fine for couple of nights. Didn't find the staff particularly warm and felt like the facilities were very basic. The 'common room' was a room with a couple of vending machines and no seating. Quite odd. Roughly ten minutes from main area of the Arena and about the same to get to la Casa de Giuglietta and that area.

The room was in a good condition, cleaned but the bathroom needs improvement as it is a bit dump. Staff very helpfull, hostels located 15 min walking from the centre but plenty of public transports outside the door.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Not a great hostel. Hot water in the shower did not seem to work and bathroom was not very well maintained. Many outlets in the room were broken which makes things difficult in a 4 bedroom dorm, overall facilities were not great. However, it seems there are not many other options in Verona and the hostel was cheap, so you get what you paid for. That said, 25 euros goes a lot further in many other hostels I have been in.

Nice hostel, 15 mins from city centre. The beds were clean and the rooms were big.

plug socket was temperamental, other than that a good stay

The neighbour is not very safe, but it is near the centre, just around 10 minutes walking. The only person, from the staff , that we met was nice, but during the night there is nobody in the hostel from the staff. There is no breakfast and you only have one microwave to do something. The price was too high for the conditions.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Not a bad location to get to the sights. Although lacking some athmosphere and cleanliness. The shower door was broken, missing tops from taps. Bins weren't emptied and it just felt a really unhappy place to be. There also wasn't a sign that was clear so I couldn't find the hostel for a little while!

I didn't find other options of hostels in the city, but the hostel corresponded to my expectations. Our room was a little bit hot and I could advise them to instal some fans. Also in the room toilet there wasn't toilet paper and the shower wasn't fixed properly. It was a good location and the staff were polite.

Pink room has plenty space, but at night (August) is hot even with both windows open. To use lockers you need your own lock and not all work. Bathroom was ok, some spider webs at the ceiling, but hot water even after three girls showered. There's no kitchen but there's a vending machine with water and snacks. The common area is small and not many people hang in there, not much of a hostel atmosphere.. There is a garden with tables and a plastic pool. Not very close to the center but walkable.

Arrived in Verona but struggled to find the hostel as it is not clearly signposted. If you check in late (after 8pm) you have to pay €15 per person. After arriving at a reasonable time of 8:30 we were told we couldnt check in until 11pm. When the staff member arrived there was no card machine to pay the remaining balance. Despite the security being good you washed your cutlery in the toilet. There was also no oven. Overall a poor hostel experience compared to all the others on our trip.

Good morning, I sent a private message to the hotel owner for 2 pts: The room: our 2 plugs were out of order and we didn't have sheets for sleeping (It was written on the website that the sheets were given). I have a constraint with the train sheddules and I tell the hostel the time of my arrival. Unfortunately my arrival was after the check in so I had 2 solutions: 1-to pay 25€ more to sleep in the hostel 2-to cancel my reservation without money back because it was 1 day before my arrival

« first « Prev 1 2 3