Sleep Easy Hostel Reviews

Via XX Settembre, 80, Verona, Italy

This hostel has no sense of community. It's an okay place to just have a bed to sleep but don't expect anything from the staff to help or make you feel welcome. Location is outside the city Center I walked back and fourth it wasn't a problem but at night can get a little scary if you're alone. Also, bring exact change. They never have change.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great place to stay!

I am the kind of person who loves travelling more than anything else, and to make it cheaper, i am a very easygoing person in what comes to hostels. Even then, i felt like this place was simply unacceptable! Just to list a few things of what i have found in here: uncredible disgusting kitchen, no clean dishes at all, unexistent facilities, there is nobody in the reception at night (never felt mor insecure!), location is close to the attractions but in unsafe neighbourhood. do not stay here!

I almost didn't book this hostel based on bad reviews, but I'm glad I did because there's nothing cheaper in Verona and because most of the bad reviews are misleading. Once aware that the center is at some distance, that the staff is only present between 1 and 8 pm and that the hostel has no kitchen, I actually found the rest pretty decent. It's a matter of working around those things and not expecting what is not offered. I would stay there again.

BATHROOMS ARE SO DIRTY. I would not shower there. This hostel really put me off Verona right away. The neighborhood is 20 minutes from the city center and I felt a bit uneasy walking home at night. Sheets seemed clean, but I didn't want to use the blankets. Major ick. Go elsewhere.

Great breakfast, good location, close to central station.

All the trains in Verona were late because of the weather. I was able to be at the hostel door 30 minutes after the check in time. But there is no one there. I have to look for another place to stay in a city I have never been and paid a 150 euros because of that. The next day the staff said they tried to contact us by phone. Serious? No email? They had already rent your room but there was another. A very dirty room. Terrible. Hair and dust all over the place. And the neighborhood is dangerous.

Really liked my stay here, no kitchen area, but there is a general area, with microwave and vending machines, plates and cups, no fridge. There are two supermarkets very near by. A lady cleans the room every day and makes the bed, it's like a hotel. Can be a little cold at night, just got an extra blanket and I was sorted! I would stay here again!

They need to separate the utensil like plates ,glass, outside the toilet

The staff is really rude, they have no lockers in the room. There will be NOBODY from the staff at the hotel if not between 13h-20h. They didn't have maps of the city or any other recommendation what to do, very useless. They only accept cash, but they have no change. the bathroom get all wet and the room has no heating. the bad is good and there is a lot of outlets in the room, internet is ok. Quite far from the city center. they dont have kitchen. They charge too much for what they offers.

Not a bad hostel. Wish they had a kitchen and took credit cards. Location was close to the city center, but seemed to be a rough neighborhood. Staff wasnt overly friendly or helpful.

it was okay. that is all.

My stay at Sleep Easy Hostel was good. One problem we had was corcerned to the check-in hours. It opens only after 13h. We planned 1 day to visit Verona, so we arrived early to have enough time to visit the city, due to this we had to walk in the city with our luggage until we could do the check-in. I really liked the check-out system (you just have to put your key in a box): fast and practical.

The dorm I stayed in was quite big and the cleaners even make your bed everyday! Not so good was that you had to hold the shower nozzle the whole time as there was no place to hook it into. Also the few dishes and cutlery that they had, had to be cleaned in a sink located next to a toilet...a little disgusting really! Otherwise things were kept quite clean and the staff were really friendly.

Hostel was alright. Reception was open from 1-8pm which meant that if something had've happened there would be nobody around. There was a microwave and kettle as well as one computer you could use if needed. However the rooms were clean with powerpoints and wifi. Bus station very close by, walk into main part of Verona takes about 25 minutes.

• 10th Oct 2014

Rooms were spacious and beds pretty good, but no kettle, oven or sink to wash up in (you have to do it in your room!) is pretty poor for what you pay. The 50 euro fine for letting in anyone not staying at the hostel is also draconian (and presumably not legal?) although i understand the reasons for it. Didn't mind the location - just a 10 minute walk to town. Not a bad hostel, but not amazing either.

Liked the hostel, could do with upping the pressure in the taps and ensuring that hit water is available all day (maybe I was unlucky). Located near excellent local shops though is a bit of a trek from the railway station.

A little bit out of the way but only a 10 minute simple walk so very do able. Great wifi, and reception were lovely - one of the plug sockets in the room didn't work so they provided me with an extension cable. Microwave and toaster and a supermarket opposite so we managed to eat well. Bathroom could do with a little TLC but nothing that bothered me as its only a hostel.

BED BUGS! I only stayed one night and I was bitten on my face, arms and back. Not fun at all.

Best hostel I've stayed at in all of Italy! A little of a walk from the train station but not so far from the city centre, a nice walk with decent shoes on. But the staff were great, really helpful with buses/activities/directions, and great clean room really well set up with four separate beds in the dorm I had. No bar but a small common area, and given that close to the end of my trip a great place to unwind a little. Highly recommended!