Sleep Easy Hostel Reviews

Via XX Settembre, 80, Verona, Italy

Crumbling structure; inadequate and very rude staff (especially on the phone). Zero safety during the night due to the lack of staff and the uselessness of the night emergency number (no answers, never!). Total absence of fire extinguishers in the entire hostel and electrical connections with discovered wires (extremely dangerous!) . In my room (located on the third floor, the last) it was raining, so we had to move a bed. In the morning we went to the Police.

• 9th Sep 2014

The room was in a good condition, cleaned but the bathroom needs improvement as it is a bit dump. Staff very helpfull, hostels located 15 min walking from the centre but plenty of public transports outside the door.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Not a great hostel. Hot water in the shower did not seem to work and bathroom was not very well maintained. Many outlets in the room were broken which makes things difficult in a 4 bedroom dorm, overall facilities were not great. However, it seems there are not many other options in Verona and the hostel was cheap, so you get what you paid for. That said, 25 euros goes a lot further in many other hostels I have been in.

Nice hostel, 15 mins from city centre. The beds were clean and the rooms were big.

plug socket was temperamental, other than that a good stay

The neighbour is not very safe, but it is near the centre, just around 10 minutes walking. The only person, from the staff , that we met was nice, but during the night there is nobody in the hostel from the staff. There is no breakfast and you only have one microwave to do something. The price was too high for the conditions.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Not a bad location to get to the sights. Although lacking some athmosphere and cleanliness. The shower door was broken, missing tops from taps. Bins weren't emptied and it just felt a really unhappy place to be. There also wasn't a sign that was clear so I couldn't find the hostel for a little while!

I didn't find other options of hostels in the city, but the hostel corresponded to my expectations. Our room was a little bit hot and I could advise them to instal some fans. Also in the room toilet there wasn't toilet paper and the shower wasn't fixed properly. It was a good location and the staff were polite.

• 12th Aug 2014

Pink room has plenty space, but at night (August) is hot even with both windows open. To use lockers you need your own lock and not all work. Bathroom was ok, some spider webs at the ceiling, but hot water even after three girls showered. There's no kitchen but there's a vending machine with water and snacks. The common area is small and not many people hang in there, not much of a hostel atmosphere.. There is a garden with tables and a plastic pool. Not very close to the center but walkable.

Arrived in Verona but struggled to find the hostel as it is not clearly signposted. If you check in late (after 8pm) you have to pay €15 per person. After arriving at a reasonable time of 8:30 we were told we couldnt check in until 11pm. When the staff member arrived there was no card machine to pay the remaining balance. Despite the security being good you washed your cutlery in the toilet. There was also no oven. Overall a poor hostel experience compared to all the others on our trip.

Good morning, I sent a private message to the hotel owner for 2 pts: The room: our 2 plugs were out of order and we didn't have sheets for sleeping (It was written on the website that the sheets were given). I have a constraint with the train sheddules and I tell the hostel the time of my arrival. Unfortunately my arrival was after the check in so I had 2 solutions: 1-to pay 25€ more to sleep in the hostel 2-to cancel my reservation without money back because it was 1 day before my arrival

Hostel is okay to stay for just one night. Yellow room is on the same level as the common area (a few tables and chairs) so pretty noisy. Beds are okay and rooms not cramped. Guy at reception was polite and spoke proper English. No personnel present from 20:00 until 13:00 the next day so make sure you ask all questions upon arrival (and hope you have no nightly complaints)

• 7th Aug 2014

Very unimpressed Unclean bathrooms despite cleaners coming in every day.. visible dust on surfaces Unfriendly and uncooperative staff. There was no hot water when I arrived and still none 7 hours later. Found out other rooms had none for 2 days and after complaining, the staff slagged me off to the manager for saying something! Don't walk to the hostel either- they make it sound easy but it's a 50 min walk. Much easier to go to other station in Verona as is only 10 mins away.

The only downside I have for this hostel is that I was there for 2 nights and there was no hot water either of those nights so I had to have a cold shower & it was AWFUL! Other than that it was great, close to the centre of town, very clean, good price. I'd stay here again (if there's hot water! =P)

Exactly what you'd expect from a hostel. Mosquito bites and so hot at night, but clean, organized, and secure. The pool is above ground little dinky one, wouldn't call it a pool really. It definitely wasn't an impressive hostel but I wasn't unimpressed or worried about it either. The location is easy to get to by bus.

The fact that check-in closes at 8 pm and no staff around at night is very inconvenience for travelers.

Pros: 5 min to center by 11, 12, or 13 bus. Individual beds. Lockers. Nice staff. Good price. Cons: No breakfast. Key card randomly stopped working and there's no one at reception after 8pm. Me and another girl (her card didn't work either) were nearly locked out the building for the night. Luckily someone else staying there arrived soon after; his key card worked. Considering most restaurants don't even open until 7pm, it's ridiculous to have to be back so early just in case something happens.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Sri Lanka

The rooms were nice and spacious, clean as well, I had some really nice roomies here, so that obviously made things better, but I have no real complaints whatsoever about this one!

Simple hostel. Large room with 4 beds and en-suite. Staff were helpful and knowledgeable. 20 minute walk to the centre. Easy buses to the train station

• 23rd Jul 2014

Was a nice hostel but common areas were not that good, no where to really sit and chill out with other travelers

« first « Prev 1 2 3