Sleep Sheep Phuket Hostel

7.5
Very Good 70 Total Reviews

17th Feb 2017
7.4

This place is colorful and inviting but it was very strange that a 3 floor building only had a few other people staying in it besides us. Our dorm was pretty much empty the entire time and we only saw other people 2 times. The staff was nice but just handed us the key and we had to find the room ourselves. The hang out room upstairs is cool and has a lot of movies to choose from but no DVD player to watch them. Decent location and very clean!

• mjmalloy
  • USA, Female, 25-30
6th Feb 2017
3.1

Very accommodating towards late check in's. Other then that this place was a complete dump. Pay attention to the fineness print when booking this room Because they have a/c rooms and fan rooms. We made the mistake of booking a fan room and it was terrible. The windows only had a metal screen on it and it didn't lock leaving us feeling unsafe. There was black mold growing on the ceiling of our room. Checked for but beds and lucky there weren't any. The wifi was terrible ! Couldn't get service!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
4th Feb 2017
5.1

My group of 7 people and I had a terrible experience here. First of all, they said they had Air Conditioning and when we got there, it did not work. Nor did the fans on the beds. It was sweltering hot and I went downstairs to ask the receptionist for help. She didn't even acknowledge me and was on the phone the whole time. None of slept the whole night because it was extremely hot. Would not recommend, there are plenty of other hostels in the area to choose from!

25th Jan 2017

Great hostel, but not in the party spot of town! Stay in Patong. But for a hostel in Phuket town it's nice. Free breakfast, wifi, near restaurants, hang out area. Clean.

• Ukraine, Male, 18-24
27th Dec 2016

Just regular hostel in Phuket. I arrived at 8am and girl from lobby asked my to wait 6 hours before check-in, but hostel was almost empty. My room was without AC, but costs like AC in another hostels.

22nd Dec 2016

Nice, quiet place to stay. Staff was frjendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
11th Dec 2016
6.6

There was never anybody at reception. On numerous occasions we needed help or had questions and no one was ever there. There was even people who came looking for rooms that just went somewhere else because they couldn't find anybody

Thank you for you commented!!! I am very sorry that we did not have much chance to meet each other when you was here. As I lack of staff -- my cleaner was resigned on this month and so, it was only me to do everything during your stayed period. I was stay at the reception desk only in the morning time. Unfortunately, you never show up too, so, we never met :( But now, I already got a new cleaner. (Yeah!!!) And I stays at the reception desk all times. So, don't worry, if you have chance to come back here. I promise we surly meet :) and I really sorry, If this make you unhappy to stay here Best wish

• Australia, Female, 18-24
24th Nov 2016
7.7

Fans were very unsufficient and didn't work, however staff were lovely, welcoming and knowledgable. Would only stay one night as there isn't much to do in Phuket town

Thank you for you commented. I will definitely check my fans. However, if you have chance to come back. I would suggest you to stay in A/C dorm. That will make you feel much better :)

• calmacyd123
  • England, Mixed Group, 25-30
25th Sep 2016
6.9

Was an okay hostel but that's about it. The rooms were very very basic and the beds weren't very comfortable. Also a lot of damp in the room so look elsewhere if damp affects your breathing! Staff were nice - one was quite pushy but I'm gonna put that down to the language barrier. Overall, just okay!

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
22nd Sep 2016
7.1

We got there and our room wasn't ready despite booking a month in advance. We had to show our booking as there didn't seem to be a record and it took another 20mins waiting around until we could check in, and it was late so we were tired. The woman seemed unhappy when we asked to split the bill. We had to ask for toilet paper and a bedsheet when we got in the room. The room was for 3 people but it was a double bed with a mattress crammed in on the floor. But the woman was helpful the next day.