Sleep Well Youth Hostel Reviews

23 rue Damier, 1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

I have spent two nights in a private, double room and one night in the six-beds female dorm - both with private bathrooms. The rooms were both comfortable and clean even if they lacked sockets. Nice common area with computers and also a luggage deposit (for free)! Kind, bilingual staff and good breakfast service.

• 28th Feb 2015

An excellent location I already know well in Brussels, very friendly staff.

Well i spent there only one night, but definitely it was a very good night. I stayed in a 4 beds dorm, the room the shower and the toilet were very clean, the bed was ok there is also a drawer that can be closed under the bed where you can store laptop/money (the only thing is you need to have your own look otherwise you will have to buy for 2 euros one at the reception). The breakfast is good in quantity, but not great in quality definitely room for improvement.

• 22nd Feb 2015

The bunkbeds are for kids, seriously.

I stayed in Sleepwell for one night. The staff was helpful. The wall plugs in my room didn't work, the room has it's own bathroom and it was really clean but there was no hairdryer. The atmosphere was ok, actually i can not say a lot of things about it because i only stay one night. Good value for money.

This hostel offers a clean and good service. And the air of this hostel seemed so quiet. It's not so far from Bruxelles-Midi station by tram. But if you got a heavy stuff to carry and want to go by foot, if's far. Google map says that it takes about 30 min. by foot. So I think location of this hostel is not so good for someone who carried a lot of stuffs.

I really liked the storage room and that you have lamps on every bed. As a suggestion for improvement I would add more sockets, travellers nowadays carry more electronics than ever. But it' very good for a short stay in BRU.

Only thing I could pick on would be the fact there's a 'lock out' between 11am and 3pm for the cleaners to go over the rooms. It means you can't use the elevators to grab something from your room, but it adds to the atmosphere downstairs at least, while everyone's waiting to get back upstairs.

I loved this hostel. Very clean, good breakfast, clean toilets and showers, met a lot of great people. Short walk to grand place, restaurants, and a lot of bars. You should stay here!

If you cannot check-in in anytime, then do not ask customer when will you arrive when they are booking.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

AMAZING room. New and very clean. I only knew it was a hostel because I had to bring my own towel!

My stay in your hostel was not very good. In my bedroom there was a very bad smell of pee. It seems that no one has cleaned. Thank goodness I was only one night !!

• 18th Jan 2015

Hello, thanks for your comment. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at Sleep Well. All our rooms are cleaned daily before check-in time (3 pm). However, if you face any problem during your stay, you can always inform the reception team that will do his best to solve the issue.

Staff was so awesome. Let me borrow chargers and generally nice. The guys behind the bar in the evening were so friendly. Great atmosphere at night in the lounge area with the bar. Talked to a lot of nice people. More social atmosphere than most hostels I've stayed in. Clean rooms. Location not totally amazing but not a far walk from center either.

Hello, thanks for your comment. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Sleep Well ! and will be glad to host you again if you decide to come back to Brussels. Regards, The Sleep Well Team

the place was below expectations

I have stayed in hostels so many times and always in dorms, but I have never experienced this. I woke up every day to bedbug bites and had to kill some every morning, too, be it on the wall or on the bedsheets. For about 40e per person a night for a double private ensuite, you'd expect it to be clean. Also, there were dust moats on the shelf above the beds. Finally, the English skills of the staff needs improving (communication was basic).

Hi, we’re sorry for the experience you had Our rooms are cleaned daily & subject to regular sanitary controls, but bed bugs are a not related to the level of cleanliness, they can be brought by travellers (in luggage,…), so you may find them everywhere. The best is to inform the reception directly if you have any suspicion. As soon as we read your comment we called the sanitary services for inspection & treatment. The room have been declared “sanitized” now. Regards, Sleep Well Team

My first hostel experience, and it went well.

• 10th Jan 2015

Awful customer service. The male receptionist had no interest in being helpful or welcoming to paying guests what so ever. Otherwise, large spacious hostel with ensuite in dorms. Pillows were average - as they are in most hostels. Bed was comfortable.

Hostel didn't really have too much space to store valuables and lockers. Hotel was quite subdued and a bit out of the main central area. In addition, staff gave poor instructions via emails and also when speaking to them personally.

I made a change to my reservation and they confirmed it. However, when I got there they had not made the change. Then I had to change rooms a couple of time because of this. The lockers are tiny drawers. The lock out from 11:00 to 15:00 was very inconvenient and annoying.

Algunos del personal son un tanto poco amigables pero finalmente el ambiente lo genera uno. Accesible para ir al centro caminando.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4