Sleep in Heaven Reviews

Struenseegade 7, Copenhagen, Denmark

I thought the room for 6 people was way too small and became quite uncomfortable.

Loved our stay here. Despite the fact that there was no kitchen the staff were very friendly getting us hot water for our teas and oatmeal. We didn't try their breakfast but it seemed popular. Plenty of space to hang out comfortably and meet your hostelmates. No problems with wifi. Bathrooms could have been a bit more spacious and cleanier. Would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Copenhagen.

Really enjoyed the atmosphere. Facilities were rather old. The nine person dorm room was rather cramped and narrow with the beds three bunks tall. It didn't help much that the person above me was an extreme tosser and turner. I'm really glad my bed wasn't on the same side as the lockers (the key card system was noisy). Their list of recommendations needs updating. Not a bad walk to the city center, or from the metro station when coming from the airport.

I loved the hostel. You felt like being home especially the lounge downstairs was great! At first I was in the "old" part of the hostel, where the rooms were a bit run-down but still very clean. Huge lockers. The newer rooms I stayed later where fantastic.The breakfast buffet they offered was (the cheapest I found in denmark) defintely worth its money. Many single backpackers to meet. Even though it wasn't the closest to the city centre I loved this part of the City, still in walking distance.

Really nice staff. Awesome common area! I was woken up earlier by the construction outside though as my bed was close to the window.

Even though it's a bit far from the center of the city, it's completely worth it. The area is really cool, the laid back vibe is awesome. It's really easy to meet new people, which was important to me since I travelled alone. Only thing is maybe stronger wifi in the rooms, but aside from that it was awesome!!!

Very nice hostel with a bar (nice happy hour) but you can't bring your own alcohol but you can drink in the streets of Copenhagen (who is a very very nice city). Comfy bed and very nice room. I will recommend this hostel!

The six bed dorm we stayed in was clean, and the location wasnt terribly out of the way. You can walk to town center. The major problem with this hostel was it actually had no hot water for the entire time we stayed there, and there was no attempt to fix the problem. One should also be aware that you are sharing two toilets with the entire floor. The clean up didnt match the capacity, so there were times that the bathrooms were disgusting. This hostel is fine for a short stay, not a long one!

In the room we stayed they were no lights in each bed. I know they were in other shared rooms . It will be very good if all shared rooms have them.

Phenomenally welcoming and cozy spot :)

• 30th May 2014

We were 2 and unfortunatetly someone else took one of our beds, and there was nothing to do at that time that take the empty remaining beds. Not nice but the hostel was ok, is a matter of lucky with the people you have to share.

Thanks a lot for keeping my things I forgot in the room. You are so nice. I had a very good time here!

• 29th May 2014
  • China

This is a very nice hostel. It's across the river from all the attractions but that's perfectly fine because its near a metro stop and Copenhagen is extremely walkable anyway. Very nice hostel, although while we were there there wasn't a very strong sense of community among those staying in the hostel. Overall staff was very nice and accommodatimg.

Sleep in Heaven it's a very nice hostel, in a nice and quiet area of Copenhaguen. The staff it's their main asset: very nice, polite and accommodating. Atmosphere is very good, and you even can use they pool table. Unfortunately, it has no kitchen, so you can't cook your own meals, and that's was a great inconveniance for me.

Too few showers for the number of beds available, poor hygiene. Triple bunker beds with no railing, not for people who like to move around in their sleep or you risk landing 2m lower :)

No bad for budget. Had a private double. Make sure you bring your own plug adapters tho they only carry a couple and run out fast.

Good hostel in cool area. Not super close to a Metro but otherwise no complaints.

Worth every penny!!

In a neighbourhood right beside the main city but beautiful itself and quite nice to walk through everyday to get to the sites. Staff was a little rude and definitely not friendly. The atmosphere was very laid back and great for young travellers/backpackers. It was clean enough, communal showers and toilets. I never has a problem. Overall value for money was good. Copenhagen is a beautiful city.

A bit of a walk from the sights, but really a fantastic experience. Ultra quiet for a restful sleep!

• 20th May 2014