Sleep in Heaven Reviews

Struenseegade 7, Copenhagen, Denmark

I loved it here! It was such a young, friendly place. I was in a basic 6-person room which was pretty basic but it was clean and did the job. The locker system was excellent and I felt safe leaving my stuff in the room. Staff were very helpful. Was about a 20-30 minute walk to the centre, but the neighbourhood has everything you really need. The communal area had such a great, relaxed feeling. The only thing it was missing was a kitchen, but other than that, an excellent place!

Liked everything inside this hostel a lot. Nice, large space for meeting people. Everything you need for facilities in clean, safe environment. Only thing is it isn't close to the center of town. 20 minute walk and still a 5-10 minute walk from a metro station. Besides that, had a great stay and would go back.

Overall a nice, clean, comfortable hostel. A little out of the way of the city center but it's easy to get there by bus. Staff was very hit and miss since I got great service when I checked in and needed a new room key but had to wait forever to check out since the second girl behind the counter ignored the line that was forming.

Great hostel, very hygge! I would definitely stay here again.

People whinging about the location are soft. It's a really cool neighbourhood and way more fun / local than the centre of the city. Wifi extremely good, facilities very modern. There should be a kitchen / byo alcohol policy tho.

Some of the staff were really friendly and welcoming, we just happened to have someone who a) had a bad day or b) didn't speak well enough English and I at least felt a bit unwelcome. The place is not very new, or at least the room we were staying at was quite old-fashioned and bare. But it didn't cost much so we got what we paid for. Don't expect miracles when you get here, but they do have new lockable lockers for every guest. If you end up here, make sure to try their cinnamon buns!

Two things: 1. They need a kitchen for guests. Copenhagen is a very expensive city so it sucks to not be able to cook meals for yourself 2. They need an intercom in the annex building so that guests there can communicate with reception. Twice I had problems in the middle of the night and would have had to walk down the road 100m in my pajamas in the freezing cold of scandinavian night in order to speak to reception

I could not have slept any worse if I tried, the beds were squeaky, the alarms on the doors were loud... And when someone new is coming in every half hour, there is NO SLEEP to be had.

• 5th May 2014
  • Belgium

I stayed here for 10 days and it was big mess. They mixed up booking, so we check out and check in few times, key cards were not working. Simple world sorry would be enough since was not our fault. Except manager and Polish girl staff was unusable and unfriendly. We didn't feel very welcome here. Hanging out in a common room after 11pm is not allowed. Showers were closed for 2 hours cause of cleaning every day. In 11 bed dorm with 3 bunk beds there was no single chair to sit down.

Very ordinary room, awful shower

Really good hostel - pretty clean, good wifi connection, comfy bed/room, cheap breakfast/bar. Really enjoyed my stay.

Pros: Nice environment, very organized and clean. Lots of young people as well. Cons: Its not very central.

Being the only girl in a 10 person dorm of boys was obviously already heaven. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Bit spotty wifi in the newer area but the atmosphere was good in the main bit. Would def stay there again

Can walk to many attractions,staff are helpful and nice.

Seriously one of the coolest hostels I've stayed in. It's a really unique place and it's got charm oozing out the windows. Definitely recommend this one.

• 24th Apr 2014

There are many ants.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The hostel is about a 10-minute walk from the closest metro station, and is situated on a small street. The staff was helpful, and the rooms were airy and clean. Unfortunately it was rainy in Copenhagen, and the streets were sanded, which caused a lot of grit to be brought into the rooms/hallways, but the cleaning staff tried to keep it to a minimum. The bar in the hostel reception was a great place to meet people and have a few beers. Great hostel for a couple of days in Copenhagen!

Great location for a budget-friendly stay in Copenhagen. It's in the hipsterish Norrebro area so there are a lot of affordable restaurants, bars, takeaway, etc. nearby. Loved that we could bring our own takeaway to eat in the hostel common room & buy a beer from their bar. The room was bright & comfortable & they provided a free safe (we stayed in a private so I'm not sure if this is for everyone). Only negative thing is that the bathrooms were so dark, you could barely see in the shower.

• 23rd Apr 2014

The hostel is a bit far away from the center of the city, however it is in a good located street. The internal facilities are excelent, the best common room I've seen, lots of areas to hang out and relax after a day walking around the city. The rooms are a bit small, with a triple accomodation and triple bunk beds. But rooms are well ventilated and beds are confortable. Bathroom gets a bit crowded, but it's clean.

I liked how the key cards opened everything. Including your locker in your room. Staff was great! Location was a walk from everything but not far! I didn't mind it at all... It's always beautiful to walk around copenhagen! One negative is the showers were just warmish.