Sleep in Heaven Reviews

Struenseegade 7, Copenhagen, Denmark

The staff was very friendly and helpful. A very fun atmosphere in a great location! The beds were squeaky, and the bathrooms not totally clean, but for the price it was definitely worth it!!

Good atmosphere and staff. The only gap was only two bathrooms for 6 dorms and none kitchen facility. It was a good vibe anyway.

A really nice hostel! Excellent staff and warm atmosphere! I recommend, especially when renting a bike (the bike fare's around 10 euros per day) from the hostel it takes only 10min to the centre :)

Great hostel, friendly atmosphere and good location. Would definitely stay again if I return to Copenhagen.

A perfectly good hostel a bit away from the town centre but there's no problem to walk. Nice atmosphere! The downsides were the quite nasty showers - they could be cleaned more often than once a day...The beds were quite noisy but no problem sleeping. Overall very happy with our stay!

• 14th May 2014
  • Sweden

For backpackers to have a good nights sleep. Meet people like you while you're on your journey. Comfortable rooms and a nice cafe/bar at the reception for you to hang out and meet others. Chilled out spot. Nice.

There is no kitchen, it's cool expect that disadvantage,

• 13th May 2014
  • Turkey

This was an OK hostel. The shared spaces are great but the rooms feel like prison bunks. They are 3 person bunks that aren't secured to the wall and shake a lot when someone is in the top bunk. They are also not tall enough to sit up in. When staff have a late check in they should also make up the bed earlier so they don't disturb everyone late at night. Breakfast is a good deal for Copenhagen as everything is expensive.

The only "problem" that i found is that the hostel is a little bit hide, but actually this is not a big problem because during the night i dind't hear any noise, and that if you are hosted in one of the first floor rooms you have to go through the living room to reach the showers. If it is raining as it did when i was there, it's necessary to take a bus to go to city center.

Helpful staff, clean rooms/bathrooms and free wi-fi is always a bonus. It is a little bit of a walk into town (took us around 30 minutes) but it was the best value for staying over the week of the Eurovision Song Contest. One thing we enjoyed was the 2 for 1 happy hour between 7 & 8pm :). Would recommend if you don't mind staying a little outside the main town.

I loved it here! It was such a young, friendly place. I was in a basic 6-person room which was pretty basic but it was clean and did the job. The locker system was excellent and I felt safe leaving my stuff in the room. Staff were very helpful. Was about a 20-30 minute walk to the centre, but the neighbourhood has everything you really need. The communal area had such a great, relaxed feeling. The only thing it was missing was a kitchen, but other than that, an excellent place!

Liked everything inside this hostel a lot. Nice, large space for meeting people. Everything you need for facilities in clean, safe environment. Only thing is it isn't close to the center of town. 20 minute walk and still a 5-10 minute walk from a metro station. Besides that, had a great stay and would go back.

Overall a nice, clean, comfortable hostel. A little out of the way of the city center but it's easy to get there by bus. Staff was very hit and miss since I got great service when I checked in and needed a new room key but had to wait forever to check out since the second girl behind the counter ignored the line that was forming.

Great hostel, very hygge! I would definitely stay here again.

People whinging about the location are soft. It's a really cool neighbourhood and way more fun / local than the centre of the city. Wifi extremely good, facilities very modern. There should be a kitchen / byo alcohol policy tho.

Some of the staff were really friendly and welcoming, we just happened to have someone who a) had a bad day or b) didn't speak well enough English and I at least felt a bit unwelcome. The place is not very new, or at least the room we were staying at was quite old-fashioned and bare. But it didn't cost much so we got what we paid for. Don't expect miracles when you get here, but they do have new lockable lockers for every guest. If you end up here, make sure to try their cinnamon buns!

Two things: 1. They need a kitchen for guests. Copenhagen is a very expensive city so it sucks to not be able to cook meals for yourself 2. They need an intercom in the annex building so that guests there can communicate with reception. Twice I had problems in the middle of the night and would have had to walk down the road 100m in my pajamas in the freezing cold of scandinavian night in order to speak to reception

I could not have slept any worse if I tried, the beds were squeaky, the alarms on the doors were loud... And when someone new is coming in every half hour, there is NO SLEEP to be had.

• 5th May 2014
  • Belgium

I stayed here for 10 days and it was big mess. They mixed up booking, so we check out and check in few times, key cards were not working. Simple world sorry would be enough since was not our fault. Except manager and Polish girl staff was unusable and unfriendly. We didn't feel very welcome here. Hanging out in a common room after 11pm is not allowed. Showers were closed for 2 hours cause of cleaning every day. In 11 bed dorm with 3 bunk beds there was no single chair to sit down.

Very ordinary room, awful shower