Sleep in Heaven Reviews

Struenseegade 7, Copenhagen, Denmark

Awesomely and cozy hostel! Lounge is amazing, and had a cafe with a full bar. Staff were good, but some not as attentive as they could be. Happy hour (2 for 1 drinks) was very useful in an expensive city like Copenhagen ;) It was a bit weird that the "new" part of the hostel was separate from the main part, but it made it a bit quieter at night. Bike rental directly from the hostel was lovely too. The lack of kitchen made it hard to eat anything other than takeout/restaurant food.

Such a cute little hostel with the best atmosphere! Sad that there wasn't kitchen but otherwise it was quite perfect and really comfy.

The beds are really nice and since we were 6 - we even got a room of our own ! The staff at reception was clear and fair. They allowed us to keep luggage in the luggage room before checking in and after checking out. On the whole the acco was a bit expensive for us but really good quality. Copenhagen is a small city so we could walk down to the hostel from the station and tour the city at the same time.

Good Hostel. I'd come back

• 30th Aug 2015

When we turned up- after finally finding the place,Even the locals did not know of the hostel we were told we could NOT stay- we were TOO OLD. They apparently have age limits & we totally exceeded that. However we were eventually allowed to stay, after contacting the Manager. We were only to stay the one night. There was NO kitchen. We were entitled to hot water, but had to supply our own tea/coffee/milk etc. Not very friendly.

Very cool hostel with great facilities and a very chilled out atmosphere in a very trendy part of town. I loved my stay in Copenhagen!

Overall the stay was great, but the pillows were so thin it was hard to sleep.

It took me a while to find but I eventually got there by foot, about 20-25 minute walk from the town hall square. Very friendly guy at reception and the layout of the main area really helped create a nice, young, and fun atmosphere. The room was fine, I was assigned the middle bed of the three tier bunk beds, where I found that being tall was not a good thing.The rooms are not very sound proof either, you can hear music and chatting from the main area. Good safe lockers. Decent breakfast.

One of my room mates was given a card key, which she could open my locker with, and I had some money and my passport there. So, they should be more careful about that. Bathrooms and showers were not really clean. And Wifi didn't work very well.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Rooms & bathrooms very good, electronic keycard for the lockers is a nice touch but the lockers themselves were small - tight for a 65L rucksack! Breakfast overpriced. Location quite far out, near to a bus stop but 25min walk into town.

We had an awesome experience at Sleep in Heaven. The personnel is always willing to help us and give us information about the city. The hostel is nice and there always is a good ambiance. The only thing that made things complicated is that there is no kitchen in the hostel. It would be nice to have at least a refrigerator to keep the fresh products.. Thank you for making our stay enjoyable anyway !

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Elsabsc

Located in a pretty cool area! The bar has a happy hourr I'm 7-8 which is great! They offer Danish beer so a chance to sample local stuff! I rented a bike one day which was excellent! Except the lights on the bike didn't work, but I was able to switch bike relatively easily. Only real complaint is that it was very loud at night!

Our first hostel experience, so we had no idea what to expect! But clean hostel, nice accommodation and nice staff.

The Hostel was very secure and the people who stayed there were nice. However, what's included in the price is not a great value for money. Things are generally expensive in Scandinavia, so offering things like a microwave or other cooking facilities would be very handy for travelers. The staff were not overly friendly or outgoing which would have added to the trip. The common room was nice, if not a little hipster-esk. Would not recommend if you are on a budget.

This hostel is perfect for travelers who want a social environment

• 25th Aug 2015

Good price considering it is Copenhagen. Rooms are quite small but at the end of the day they are just for sleeping in! It's not to far to walk to the train station and Christiana from here. Cheap supermarkets are close but hostel has no cooking facilities. Atmosphere was quite good, especially after the wifi went down haha

Busy, bicycles not available for rent, but a decent hostel none the less.

Location wasn't the best. Also got put into a female dorm, but had booked a mix dorm. Was in the new part of the hostel, so felt quite isolated compared to the main part. Difficult to meet people. There was construction outside the room as well so it was difficult to sleep. Otherwise a pretty decent hostel! Showers were nice and clean.

very nice hostel ever!!!

Very cool place! Excelent receptions e rooms!!