SleepCheapHostel Reviews

Spandauer Damm 101, Berlin, Germany

Very nice lady at the desk. Room was very dirty and EXTREMELY dusty. Slept in my clothes in the bed because it seemed was everything was unclean.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

VERY CHEAP. A really nice place overall, although you had to pay for wifi and they had ran out of city maps and s-bahn maps. The staff was really kind and helpful!

Nice and cheap, quiet area

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Romania

The only problems we had were when asking front desk where a good German restaurant was she didn't even know of any and when asking how we get back after a night out she had no idea and therefor 12 pm was the latest we could stay out because the location is to far out to walk. However a good place to sleep if you just want somewhere to stay well you do day time sight seeing. You do have to leave your room for the whole day cause of location

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Place is cheap, what more can you ask for other than less street noise?! Great that it's right next to the bus station.

Very close to a S-Bahn-station. Room was pretty and the comfort of the beds more or less ok. Our room was a bit noisy as it was on the side of a big street, especially when you sleep with an open window. Towels 1 euro, bed sheets 2,50.

• 13th Jul 2015

Please take two-mix dormitory. It was cozy enough to relax.

Disappointed with this hostel. The staff member we interacted with was extremely rude and demanding. Our room door did not lock, and somebody opened it at 2am. Our sheets were ripped or chewed or something. There was big long hairs on our bed. The shower did NOT have a place for the shower head to hang on, so you had to hold it the whole time. Bathrooms were dirty, no toilet paper. Also a long commute to the city centre/any attractions. Don't waste your money here.

Due to a booking issue, they made me move in and out of my room everyday which was super annoying and I wish they had figured it out. However, beyond that, they were nice. This is a pretty no frills hostel so just don't expect super warm hospitality or breakfast and you'll be fine.

If the bathroom did not smell like urine, then I wouldn't feel so bad. The showers were in a separate room And they were cool. Room was small And good wifi,, cool I could deal with that. But every time I had to use the bathroom I had to hold my breath,, I think the house Cleaner should just mop the whole toilet area With chlorine, and that would get rid of The smell. Then after always use chlorine From the floor sticky build up. Good price though, for place to crash.

This hostel is horrible. The door ouside is opened 24h and someone sneaked in our room in the night and stole my backpack and my friends' phones. The stuff was nasty and unhelpful and refused to call the police several times. Facilities are poor and the location is aweful. Out from every hostel I've ever been my experience in SleepCheapHostel has been the most horrible one. So, avoid it. Just go somewhere else where security is better, otherwise it'll ruin your trip.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Spain

Nice hostel and great value for money, but way too far away from central Berlin, you have to take two S-bahns, and the directions given on the website are poor and vague.

We put on the booking that we'd wanted to check in at 12 because we could choose a time and we're getting a night train so wanted to go straight to bed however once we got there they to is it would be 2 earliest and ended up not getting into our room till 2:30. The rooms and hostel are fine but if you want to see any of Berlin without paying for loads of travel it's not the best location

Only one computer and toilets floors dirty. Nice staff.

-Excellent place for the price (value for money) -Located very near to the main bus station of Berlin (ZOB am Funkturm). -Rooms are decent and clean. -Linen is available for an extra amount of EUR 2,50. -Wi-fi connectivity is good -Bathrooms are a bit small. -They don't have enough lockers for everyone in the hostel. -Common area is very nice. Has a TV and comfortable couches

• 27th Jun 2015
  • vfr94
  • India

Not a bad hostel if you're visiting the city for a couple of days. Beds are comfy (don't forget to bring your own linen, otherwise they'll charge you a small fee to rent one), bathrooms are clean. Forget cooking in the kitchen on the top floor, quite a few stairs to climb before you find a poorly equipped kitchen (forks would have been nice) and there's no elevators in the building, have fun carrying your bags up to the rooms. Free Wifi worked well. All in all I didn't mind staying

No game room? Too many old people. Atmosphere was booooooooooooring. No lockers. WIFI WORKS FINE. The other reviews said it didn't work but this was the one great thing about the hostel.

Security: average (there isn't any due absence of staff in hostel during the night). Location: average (near bus station but far away from center). Staff: poor (arrogant, rude, strict). Atmosphere: average. Cleanliness: average. Value: so expensive (bring extra cash along with you to pay for linen, towels are not included anyway). Facilities: none (pay 1 euro per hour to use bad wifi, desktop PC at reception is in German only). Try to stay somewhere else instead of this messy junk.

The showers, only two per floor. One is so small that even a dwarf would have problem to take a good shower. The lockers are not inside the room and poor in security.

Ok place of you don't want to go anywhere in the city centre quickly. Staff are in helpful. Stayed one night of our booked four and quickly.