SleepCheapHostel Reviews

Spandauer Damm 101, Berlin, Germany

I liked thr place and especially my room, I would stay there for a second time!

• 21st Jan 2016

I stayed there three days during new years eve. Because of the period, I think the higher price was expected, but the hostel's quality definitely wasn't worth what I had paid. The biggest problem was security, there are no lockers and it is possible to ascend to rooms by a side door that is always open.

If you are looking for a reasonably quiet bed at a very good price, this is a great choice. If you want lots of amenities, you'll do better looking elsewhere. Also not the ideal hostel to meet other backpackers -- this is a good place to go and sleep after a long day tooling around Berlin, not an ideal place to hang-out and socialize.

• 20th Nov 2015

very nice hotel, hope another staying

• 13th Oct 2015

The guy at the reception was the laziest and more arrogant person I've ever seen. He doesn't want to give me the wifi code for no reason and didn't wanted to give me a receip. What about the restrooms.. If you are more than 5'10, you can't sit on the toilet because it's to close to the door... After that, I wanted to take a shower and the only one available on the floor was broken so I had to go to another floor and there was someone in it. One shower per floor with 10 beds dorm, doesn't work.

• 12th Oct 2015

The location is really nice, 20 min walking from ZOB station and 1-2 min to S-Bahn station. Although there are missing lockers, I cannot complain about the lack of safety. They have really nice common room, wifi code for free and there is a possibility to leave a luggage in the reception after check out. About flaws: the bunk beds are making noises and appear to be kinda unstable.

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Honestly this place was awful. It was extremely far away from city center and the front desk guy was really rude and seemed like he hated life. He gave us keys to the wrong room so we climbed 5 flights with heavy backpacks for nothing and not even an apology.. this place was so filthy it made my clothes and backpack stink for days.. it was nauseating. Don't stay here it's not worth it spend more money and go somewhere else.

They charge for the sheets and it is compulsory. It should be included in the price but this way they make you think that they are cheaper than others. From my point of view it is cheating.

It was a nice place for one night in Berlin. Close to the station and good value for the money. Staff was nice and helpful.

I chose here because it's really close to the bus station. I slept one night only and it was ok. If I stay more than one night I'd not like here.