SleepCheapHostel Reviews

Spandauer Damm 101, Berlin, Germany

They charge for the sheets and it is compulsory. It should be included in the price but this way they make you think that they are cheaper than others. From my point of view it is cheating.

I chose here because it's really close to the bus station. I slept one night only and it was ok. If I stay more than one night I'd not like here.

I felt very unsafe in this hostel and checked out early, there are a lot of strange men that that look like maybe they live in the nearby appartments or are tradesmen but they hung out in the area near the dorms and yelled and cat called to me everytime I went past and one of them sat outside the dorm building staring up at me in my bed (near the window) I really felt like I was stuck in a fish bowl.

The stuff treated us very quickly and with rude manners and we didnt like cleaningless of room. Even the water of shower was cold. we had to pay for blankets and in general was not nice experience. We dont recommend it.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Its a good place to stay , it does lack that hostel feel though as the common room seems to be a tad small.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Very nice lady at the desk. Room was very dirty and EXTREMELY dusty. Slept in my clothes in the bed because it seemed was everything was unclean.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

VERY CHEAP. A really nice place overall, although you had to pay for wifi and they had ran out of city maps and s-bahn maps. The staff was really kind and helpful!

Nice and cheap, quiet area

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Romania

Overall average hostel. Very cheap and that's what counts. Only two showers for an entire floor though which proved to be problematic.

The only problems we had were when asking front desk where a good German restaurant was she didn't even know of any and when asking how we get back after a night out she had no idea and therefor 12 pm was the latest we could stay out because the location is to far out to walk. However a good place to sleep if you just want somewhere to stay well you do day time sight seeing. You do have to leave your room for the whole day cause of location

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Place is cheap, what more can you ask for other than less street noise?! Great that it's right next to the bus station.

Very close to a S-Bahn-station. Room was pretty and the comfort of the beds more or less ok. Our room was a bit noisy as it was on the side of a big street, especially when you sleep with an open window. Towels 1 euro, bed sheets 2,50.

• 13th Jul 2015

Please take two-mix dormitory. It was cozy enough to relax.

Disappointed with this hostel. The staff member we interacted with was extremely rude and demanding. Our room door did not lock, and somebody opened it at 2am. Our sheets were ripped or chewed or something. There was big long hairs on our bed. The shower did NOT have a place for the shower head to hang on, so you had to hold it the whole time. Bathrooms were dirty, no toilet paper. Also a long commute to the city centre/any attractions. Don't waste your money here.

Due to a booking issue, they made me move in and out of my room everyday which was super annoying and I wish they had figured it out. However, beyond that, they were nice. This is a pretty no frills hostel so just don't expect super warm hospitality or breakfast and you'll be fine.

If the bathroom did not smell like urine, then I wouldn't feel so bad. The showers were in a separate room And they were cool. Room was small And good wifi,, cool I could deal with that. But every time I had to use the bathroom I had to hold my breath,, I think the house Cleaner should just mop the whole toilet area With chlorine, and that would get rid of The smell. Then after always use chlorine From the floor sticky build up. Good price though, for place to crash.

This hostel is horrible. The door ouside is opened 24h and someone sneaked in our room in the night and stole my backpack and my friends' phones. The stuff was nasty and unhelpful and refused to call the police several times. Facilities are poor and the location is aweful. Out from every hostel I've ever been my experience in SleepCheapHostel has been the most horrible one. So, avoid it. Just go somewhere else where security is better, otherwise it'll ruin your trip.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Spain

Nice hostel and great value for money, but way too far away from central Berlin, you have to take two S-bahns, and the directions given on the website are poor and vague.

We put on the booking that we'd wanted to check in at 12 because we could choose a time and we're getting a night train so wanted to go straight to bed however once we got there they to is it would be 2 earliest and ended up not getting into our room till 2:30. The rooms and hostel are fine but if you want to see any of Berlin without paying for loads of travel it's not the best location

Only one computer and toilets floors dirty. Nice staff.