SleepCheapHostel Reviews

Spandauer Damm 101, Berlin, Germany

I was a pleasant stay at the SleepCheap Hostel, I met a lot of friendly people and the staff was very helpful. The position is not one of the best ones but still is one of the best hostel for saving up some money!

We are a couple and we stayed 3 nights in a private room. The private room was very clean but a bit too cold (bring your little electrical heater). The location is not perfect but it is relatively ok to communicate to down town. The atmosphere of this hostel, however, is awful. Don't go there if your intention is to meet new people. There are several abrupt/unfriendly messages on the walls of the hostel telling you what you are not supposed to do. The staff were not so friendly either.

Staff is not very friendly, can't leave bag after checkout, will be charged 5 euro. Location sucks. Offer laundry for higher price than in city. Give sheets that one should do himself and bring back downstairs after use. WTF? Kitchen is small and dirty, not enough utenciles. People around are strange, atmosphere not relaxed. Hostel is more about making money, not caring for anything else.

Please enhance the wifi facility in the hostel. It should not be limited to maximum 2nd floor only. And also repair the lift in the block because it is very uneasy for us to climb up 4 storeys with a 8kg hand-carry luggage. Other than that, staff are very friendly and helpful. Do appreciate your hospitality during our stay.

The impressions were almost good as for the price. The last night, unfortunately, was disturbed by the new administrator that managed to sell more beds than in the room and woke me up at 3am. Then he tried to make me move from my bed to some other location, motivating it with the wish to keep the new group together.

The hostel is huge, a bit inconvenient that you have to go up and down for the kitchen, living room and etc. Everyone is basically just looking at their phones, laptops without conversation. If you are hoping to know more people here, it is not a good place to make friends. But it is cheap and clean, a bit far away from the centre though.

Sleep Cheap Hostel is not the right place to live an underground Berlin. Though the room was confortable and very clean, the welcoming team was not nice and understanding, very cold.

• 26th Sep 2014

The tea bags or coffee wold be very useful to dispense

Well, it's pretty cheap! One nice thing I can say about my stay is that although I stayed in a ten bed room, four of the beds were in a separate room in the back, which was nice.