SleepCheapHostel Reviews

Spandauer Damm 101, Berlin, Germany

It is kind of out of the way and not as closely located as some other places. In spite of that the wifi worked and it was really cheap. Probably my favorite thing was that the staff at the front desk was really friendly and helpful. All in all it is just another hostel. Dirtier than most but still a nice cheap place to stay. :)

The staff and the area was oK, but the hous could be a bit cleaner for that price!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Poland

It is quite far away from the city center, but it's comfortable if you travel from Tegel-airport. The rooms and the toilets are very neat, clean and cozy but there was no elevator in our building so it has been rather difficult to carry the luggage all the way up. We stayed at the hostel for one night only as it was near the bus station. Wouldn't stay for longer due to location, but it was decent and good value for money.

• 17th Jul 2014

Good for a few nights. Bed was clean, couldn't find a locker in my room though.

• 17th Jul 2014

The hostel is a bit far from the city center, but it's very close to the S bahn station and there are buses too. They charge for linen (I think it was €2) but they only tell you when you get there. The staff is okay, they are helpful. There's not much of an atmosphere, but the rooms can be very cheap.

The hostel had very nice clean rooms. A little ways out of down town but easy to get to using S-bahn (public transit). Good value for your money. Would recommend.

Stayed here for one night as it was near the bus station. Wouldn't stay here for longer due to location, but it was decent and good value for money

• 6th Jul 2014

Location is pretty far from central Berlin and all the things to sight-see, so you end up spending on transport and wasting time. I came back on my second day to find all my things moved off my bed and reception had told the person to take it. When I asked they just said they made a mistake so I had to move rooms. Weird mix of people staying including old people and children/families. So not much of a hostel atmosphere.

Location miles out of the city centre, two trams to get there which only ran within certain hours. Staff were horrible to speak to, got dirty looks and attitude when approached, despite us try to be quiet and friendly travellers, not a rowdy bunch. They left us an abusive note swearing at us over a mix up of bed sheets. Not appropriate service. The bathrooms smelt like sewage 24/7. Shower leaked all over the floor. Poor Facilities and terrible value for money! would NOT recommend!!!

It is quite far away from the city center. At the hostel, I stayed at the 4th floor and it was rather difficult to carry the luggage all the way up.

It is what it says! Shared a room with quite a few middle aged men which was a little strange as we are both 19, but that's travelling for you! Was cheap and easy to get to by the metro.

I probably should have researched more, but the location was not ideal at all and was right next to a busy noisey road. Only lockers available were broken and easy 'break-in-able'.

wifi only worked well at the reception (which closes at 11pm!!) / huge building with no good atmosphere at all and not well located (too far from the center of the city) / also the breakfast was far too expensive for 2 pieces of bread and 2 tomatos except that, well they have several good showers and it's also cheap !!! but I would not recommand it ...

it was actually better than what i expect. wifi only works in the lobby, not in the room. room is clean n spacious. there's no lift though,

I didn't feet very welcome and the general place is not very clean. Even if it's cheap I don't recommand it.

We reserved for 10 People. We arrived with 9. At night, the staff said we only had to pay for 9 People. The next morning during checkout another unfriendly staff member charged us again with the previously discounted fare. Besides, the kitchen was very dirty. Also, the bathroom didn't have curtains. When light switched on, neighbours could see you on the toilet ;( Then, even though Smoking was not allowed, there was the smell of weed coming from the room below . No lockers on the room.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Only stayed one night, handy location if you leave from the central bus station.