SleepCheapHostel Reviews

Spandauer Damm 101, Berlin, Germany

Well, it's pretty cheap! One nice thing I can say about my stay is that although I stayed in a ten bed room, four of the beds were in a separate room in the back, which was nice.

If I could give it a 0% rating I would. By the end of the trip would have rather been sleeping on the streets. Unfriendly staff more interested in the computer, saw MICE in the kitchen on 2 occasions very dirty. Shower was broken and tiny. Curtains in the room were pointless, lockers didn't work. Common room had no atmosphere. Location is awful, miles away from Central Berlin and has nothing around. Would not reccommend. Was awful!

Good hostel for the price i paid, close to the airport and very friendly staff! Internet didnt work in my room but did in the courtyard and reception area!

I only chose this hostel because it was cheap and close to Tegal, but it was better than the cost suggests. Would have no reservations about going again.

Kitchen is at 4th floor. They want nobody eat anything. No wi-fi at rooms. Also lobby is closed after 12 and you cant connect internet at lobby because of this

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

The staff weren't very friendly at all, and seemed more interested in their facebook every time I was at the counter.

1.they have wifi,but doesn't work, what's the point. 2.they don't have a locker

The name summarizes it, kitchen was not very clean and my pillow was stinking... apart from that nothing to complain, clean room and bathroom!

Nothing super amazing about this place, very average, not a bad thing though. Got a good night sleep here, very comfy beds, decent showers and a nice cafe just next doors, they totally saved my morning! Staff was nice and helpful, but I felt like I was disturbing them with my questions ( No, you can't have a beer in the hostel..) as they were concentrating to their computer side if work too much.

It is kind of out of the way and not as closely located as some other places. In spite of that the wifi worked and it was really cheap. Probably my favorite thing was that the staff at the front desk was really friendly and helpful. All in all it is just another hostel. Dirtier than most but still a nice cheap place to stay. :)

The staff and the area was oK, but the hous could be a bit cleaner for that price!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Poland

The kitchen was very badly equipped, and there wasn't really a place to just hang out (except for your room), but the staff was friendly and the place was calm and accessible.

It is quite far away from the city center, but it's comfortable if you travel from Tegel-airport. The rooms and the toilets are very neat, clean and cozy but there was no elevator in our building so it has been rather difficult to carry the luggage all the way up. We stayed at the hostel for one night only as it was near the bus station. Wouldn't stay for longer due to location, but it was decent and good value for money.

• 17th Jul 2014

Good for a few nights. Bed was clean, couldn't find a locker in my room though.

• 17th Jul 2014

The hostel is a bit far from the city center, but it's very close to the S bahn station and there are buses too. They charge for linen (I think it was €2) but they only tell you when you get there. The staff is okay, they are helpful. There's not much of an atmosphere, but the rooms can be very cheap.

Kitchen was disgusting, obviously hadn't been cleaned in a while, probably because the staff couldn't be bothered to walk to the top floor, and the oven didn't really work. No lockers for luggage and have to pay extra for bedsheets when you get there. However it's very close to the station and a Lidls

The hostel had very nice clean rooms. A little ways out of down town but easy to get to using S-bahn (public transit). Good value for your money. Would recommend.

The hostel advertises that the reception is open 24 hours, but they are not. I arrived too early to check in so I left my luggage in the reception and then went into the city of Berlin. I came back to the hostel around 2a.m. To check in and the reception was locked with nobody inside. I was left outside in the rain, without my luggage. I had nowhere to sleep. I was extremely disappointed and furious with this hostel.

Stayed here for one night as it was near the bus station. Wouldn't stay here for longer due to location, but it was decent and good value for money

• 6th Jul 2014

Location is pretty far from central Berlin and all the things to sight-see, so you end up spending on transport and wasting time. I came back on my second day to find all my things moved off my bed and reception had told the person to take it. When I asked they just said they made a mistake so I had to move rooms. Weird mix of people staying including old people and children/families. So not much of a hostel atmosphere.