Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel Reviews

100 meters north from the bus stop, or 100 meters east from the Super Compro, Monteverde, Costa Rica

Right in the center of town (with shops and restaurants next door) this place offers clean dorm- and bathrooms (cleaned daily). Lockers in dorm, key to dorm give basic security. No common-area besides the balcony or the kitchen/restaurant in the basement. Warm shower and wifi is fast and stable. Breakfast (fruits, egg and one piece of toast with coffee) included is good. Owner can organize tours for a decent price. A good place to stay even for a few days.

It was an awesome stay. The owner was really friendly and helped us out plan out stay there with different activities and awesome recommendations. Breakfast was dope too. Definitely recommend it!

Overall this hostel served its purpose. Ronny and family are great, and it's centrally located in the town. Overall the space is pretty dated, and the draft from the window didn't make for a great nights sleep. The staff are very helpful & knowledgable for sure, which is great for booking tours, ziplining, etc.

we had a huge room at the very top. amazing staff who also organised us a great tour and gave us loads if information. great breakfast a well. perfectly situated in town.

This hostal was really worth the money and the staff was very helpful with arranging tours. I would stay here again :)

Came here for just one night but I could have stayed for more! Excellent location; walking distance from the bus stop. The owner/receptionist was excellent! Helpful - helped me choose a canopy tour, a great restaurant and happening bars with honest, straight forward info Polite - Excellent English with a smiling cheery attitude. My friend and I stayed in a 4-bed dorm with bathroom. The bathroom was huge, modern and very clean! Looked like a hotel bathroom! I love Sleepers Sleep Cheaper!

Ronny and his family are incredibly helpful. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

They have a nice common room upstairs... if only there were more people there to share it. My experience would've been greatly enhanced had I not been almost the only person staying there. It's only $10 per night, which is very cheap so you really only get the basics here, but I've stayed at other hostels for the same price that also provided a free breakfast, so that would've been nice. Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. That was the best part!

hello, I do not know why you wrote it or are confused with another hostel, but we serve one of the best free breakfast.

Thank you for helping us with everything Ronny!!!! We hope to visit Santa Elena again soon! Kevin & Minh

• 5th Apr 2015

Dorm rooms were good at Sleepers, and so were the bathrooms. Kept very clean and in a great location. Breakfast included was excellent. There were good kitchen facilities but was shared with the family so felt like you were imposing on their house as they were always there. Not ideal for single travellers as there is not a lot of atmosphere. No where to hang out apart from in yyour room which is not ideal in such a small town.

Loved the stay, Great family environment and very helpful!

Really nice place, the staff are so so nice! Only thing is you pay for breakfast, but if you have to get a 6am bus like most people then do you don't get it, but other than that, it was the cleanest hostel too!

The hostel gave a lot of bang for your money. I would recommend it to anyone who is traveling to Monteverde. You get a pretty good breakfast, access to a full-size kitchen, and your room for really cheap! The owners are extremely on time and efficient!

• 13th Mar 2015

We stayed in a private room for 4 nights. Best hot shower we had in Central America :) Very good breakfast to start the day with eggs, bread, fruit, cornflakes, coffee or tea. Also good kitchen available. They provide all the necessary information for tours, busses,... Also have a good laundry service. Ronny, Mauro and family, thank you so much for our very nice and relaxing stay! Definitely recommend!

Excellent place to stay. Very good value for money, especially as includes (basic) breakfast. Very clean. Staff were helpful and approachable. They can arrange any tours/transfers you need with good rates. They even leant me their rain coat! They offer a laundry service- reasonably priced. Located amongsts the shops and restaurants. I would definitely recommend this place to others. Note- towels only available at extra cost (cheap). No security safe in room but lockers available in reception.

• 9th Mar 2015

I booked a 4 bed room ensuite, and I was surprised upon arrival that there were only 2 full size beds instead of 4 singles. Other than, Ron and his brother were very hospitable, the beds and bathrooms were clean, and they offered a lot of helpful info on the activities like ziplining, suspension bridges, and sky tours. The only thing I didn't understand was why none of the bathrooms had soap. Other than that, it was definitely worth the money and would recommend it again.

Awsome place awsome staff great breakfast and cozy clean rooms. Can't wait to go back, oh and Monteverde is beautiful.

We had a fabulous three nights at the Sleepers Sleep Cheaper hostel. It felt more like you were staying in their home rather than a hostel, a relaxing atmosphere. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm and a private room, both were spacious and the beds comfy, although an extra rug would be nice. The ensuit bathrooms were large and had hot water. The kitchen was well stoked and breakfast was delicious. I would recommend this hostel if you are in Monteverde. Extremely good value!!

Super Hostel, we received great advice for the tours and breakfast was delicious.

• 25th Feb 2015

Ronnie and wife were great hosts. Amazingly helpful for planning excursions and sorting out the good tours from the not too good. Ronnie was always there and helpful....good breakfast and great value for money.

• 15th Feb 2015