Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel Reviews

100 meters north from the bus stop, or 100 meters east from the Super Compro, Monteverde, Costa Rica

The cleanest hostel yet! Four beds per dorm, and with private bathroom. Perfect.

• 23rd Nov 2014

This is a really nice family hostel. The owners are so helpful and friendly. The breakfast was awesome. Everything is very clean, especially the bathrooms are luxury for a hostel. I had some problems reaching the upper bed of the bunk bed as I am quite short. And I also missed some space to relaxe, lile hammocks or comfortable seats. But the rest was totally fine.

The breakfast was really amazing! I wasnt expecting much, but we were surprised with a plate of fruit, bowl of cereal, an egg, and toast, along with some really tasty coffee. The room was very clean. My only negative comment would be about the shower, which went from pleasant to icy cold after about two minutes, but it still worked and most showers in Costa Rica do that anyways so I was somewhat used to it anyways.

• 7th Nov 2014

Great staff, very helpful people. Clean room, hot water, breakfast. They made anything possible for me. Excellent!! 10+!😉

Perfect location, right in between the bus stop and town. No need to try and book things yourself as they are very willing to help accommodate in any way possible. As far as the breakfast, on point to start you day; eggs, fruit plate, cereal, toast, and coffee! Awesome hostel! Oh and huge bathroom, with VERY hot water!!!!

• 26th Oct 2014

Ronny and his family really are super friendly and helpful!!

The family that owns this hostel are so awesome. They set up our tours and were so helpful and friendly. The free breakfast couldn't have been better and the shower was so hot, best shower I've had in my 8 week stay in Costa Rica. Their laundry service was also super speedy and cheap. I highly recommend staying here.

i really liked that hostel :)

I spent less than 24 hours in this hostel but everything went well. The single room I booked was spacious, water in the shower was hot. Did not try their brekfast as lft before they started serving. I booked my tours through the hostel as well, the staff was knowledgeable and friendly.

Great location, awesome big breakfast, hot showers, great affordable tours, kitchen, clean rooms and Ronnie and his family are so friendly and helpful!! Great hostel

They met me soon after I got off the bus and made sure I found their place easily. Very nice facilities and they were very accommodating with any questions, requests, and helping make plans in the area.

Nice place. Owner is friendly and keen to help out. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Good for travelling on a budget, it's got a good kitchen you can use.

it's clean and near the bus stop. tour booking is efficient and the family is very nice. breakfast is ok. but I found that it lacked atmosphere and it has no real communal area to chill

Nice Family, good location, quiet hostel, lots of information about tours etc provided and good place to meet other backpackers!!

• 13th Aug 2014

The man at the front desk wasn't as friendly as I was used to and there was loud music playing all night, but the facilities were great.

• 26th Jul 2014

As a whole the experience great. One of the nights we stayed here bunch of bugs came out of a hole in wall. Using the kitchen was awkward because it felt like the family's space. Overall was clean and owner was great.

Stay here! Ronny and his family are very welcoming and helpful with everything, especially planning activities in monteverde and the surrounding areas. The hostel is great-- hot showers, clean, big bathrooms, fully stocked kitchen, breakfast includes fresh fruit, granola, eggs, toast and coffee. Felt very secure and there were also lockers in the rooms.

• 14th Jul 2014

Very good Hostel, the staff was very helpful! I recommend.

Out of all of the hostels I've stayed at In Costa Rica, this was by far the best hostel. The room has more of a hotel feel to it. It was clean, had nice beds, nice bathrooms (with warm showers!) and a great breakfast included. It is located right in the middle of everything -- a short walk from the bus station and a short walk to restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helped book a zip lining tour and night hike. Breakfast included coffee, granola, fruit, eggs, and toast. It was Awesome.

• 1st Jul 2014

For the most part we enjoyed our stay at Sleepers. It is in a great location, the room was clean (we got a twin private), and breakfast was provided. The only thing we had to comment on was that the owner was a little pushy when it came to what zip-lining excursion we should do, not overly so, I just noticed that he was trying to steer us in the direction of a particular company.

• 20th Jun 2014