Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel Reviews

100 meters north from the bus stop, or 100 meters east from the Super Compro, Monteverde, Costa Rica

Super Hostel, we received great advice for the tours and breakfast was delicious.

• 25th Feb 2015

Ronnie and wife were great hosts. Amazingly helpful for planning excursions and sorting out the good tours from the not too good. Ronnie was always there and helpful....good breakfast and great value for money.

• 15th Feb 2015

These people have been the friendliest most helpful and accommodating host I've encountered thru my travels in Costa Rica! Great price, excellent host that go above and beyond for their guests.

• 12th Feb 2015

Ronny and his family are amazing! Had an awesome stay. They were super helpful in helping us book excursions and getting a shuttle to get back to the airport. Place is clean with bathrooms in the dorm. Close to everything you need. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others. =)

We booked 2 beds in a 4-dorm room and it had a large and clean private bathroom. The owners welcomed us warmly and helped us organizing our excursion to the Santa Helena reserve and they booked a night tour visit for us. The breakfast was very good and we could use the kitchen to cook. Nice stay!

• 8th Feb 2015

I think they are under selling themselves with their description of the hostel! In the perfect place for all the food, drinks and activities! The most helpful staff, they booked our trips and then also gave us really detailed instructions as to how to get to where we wanted to go next! So helpful, very clean, homely and lovely bathrooms! Really good position in town! When the shops were closed and I had no water the manager gave me his new bottle and they made us lots of tea.

rooms are clean and there are hot showers! the owner is super nice and extremely generous with helping you with your recreation and transportation plans!

Great deal. Not a party place. Which was nice. Cheap without having to deal with drunk 21 year olds.

Great place! Breakfast was good, dorm was nice and clean with a big private bathroom, and the staff/the family was nice!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Denmark

The owners of SSC are what set this place apart. They were happy to explain all the different tour options and didn't push one company over another. They made breakfast each morning as well. When my girlfriend and I got food poisoning one day, they allowed us to make a last-minute decision to stay an extra night and also cooked our ramen noodles for us. Great people! The room itself was nice, good size, comfortable bed, lumpy pillows. Street noise is loud during the day, but great location!

Fantastic hostel.cstaff were very helpful and always greeted us with a smile. Nice breakfast

The owners were so helpful with making reservations for other activities and really took a personal interest in making sure we had a comfortable stay.

• 9th Jan 2015

We had 3 really nice days in the Sleepers Hostel. The Family is really nice and helps you with whatever question you have. Rooms are cleaned every day and come with bathroom and great breakfast incluided! The only thing that was a bit strange was that they told old incorrect informations about the public transportation to Tamarindo to sell a private shuttle (that the trip would be much longer than it actually was in the end). But go there!!!

The owner and his wife were always pleasant and helpful. The breakfasts were good. I enjoyed my stay.

It was just ok. Would not stay again, and no common room but kitchen where i felt i was interrupting the familiy zone. Not the best place to meet other when you are traveling alone. But bed was good enough, and good location, close to everything.

Great place to stay, right in the center, very good rooms and very helpful owner and stuff! We had an excellent time in Monteverde and lots of fun with the tours. The only minor disadvantage is that our private room was very noisy due to the strong winds...

This was a great option for our stay in Monteverde. The hostel located in the center of Santa Elena, with a supermarket, drugstore, bar and tour operators all in less than 5 minutes walking distance. The only thing I could really complain was that our room was next to the dorm, this means people coming in and out of the dorm can be quite annoying, but still bearable. It seemed that there was a TV in the room as the rack and cables where still there but none was found. I loved the staff!

The hostel was not so nice but the owner of the hostel were very kind and lovely. They helped me to find the perfect activity for me and they always smiled when they saw me. That was so sweet. But it was so cold because we all just had a simple thin blanket but okay, maybe you should take some sweaters with you. :)

great place to stay... nice breakfast.

The breakfast was great! I also really liked the fact that you guys came in and cleaned the room and bathroom every day.