Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel Reviews

100 meters north from the bus stop, or 100 meters east from the Super Compro, Monteverde, Costa Rica

great place to stay... nice breakfast.

it is very comfortable.the staff are really very nice.

Sleepers was great. Centrally located, very clean and comfortable. The staff was unbelievably friendly. There was a nice balcony on each floor with tables and chairs to hang out on. I would definitely stay again.

Great breakfast and amazing family-runned hostel! Staff is super friendly and helpful. The only inconvenience is that it is very noisy at night or when it is very windy outside. I strongly recommend this place!

• 26th Nov 2014

The cleanest hostel yet! Four beds per dorm, and with private bathroom. Perfect.

• 23rd Nov 2014

I felt that this hostel was great value for money compared to the other options in Monteverde. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the showers were hot. The staff were really friendly and the free breakfast was fantastic. It was possible to book all of the tours via the front desk, and the hostel is close to everything (because nothing in town is very far!). There is a little noise at night due to the locals' fondness for loud motorbikes, but I suspect this is a problem all over town.

This is a really nice family hostel. The owners are so helpful and friendly. The breakfast was awesome. Everything is very clean, especially the bathrooms are luxury for a hostel. I had some problems reaching the upper bed of the bunk bed as I am quite short. And I also missed some space to relaxe, lile hammocks or comfortable seats. But the rest was totally fine.

The breakfast was really amazing! I wasnt expecting much, but we were surprised with a plate of fruit, bowl of cereal, an egg, and toast, along with some really tasty coffee. The room was very clean. My only negative comment would be about the shower, which went from pleasant to icy cold after about two minutes, but it still worked and most showers in Costa Rica do that anyways so I was somewhat used to it anyways.

• 7th Nov 2014

Great staff, very helpful people. Clean room, hot water, breakfast. They made anything possible for me. Excellent!! 10+!😉

Perfect location, right in between the bus stop and town. No need to try and book things yourself as they are very willing to help accommodate in any way possible. As far as the breakfast, on point to start you day; eggs, fruit plate, cereal, toast, and coffee! Awesome hostel! Oh and huge bathroom, with VERY hot water!!!!

• 26th Oct 2014

Ronny and his family really are super friendly and helpful!!

The family that owns this hostel are so awesome. They set up our tours and were so helpful and friendly. The free breakfast couldn't have been better and the shower was so hot, best shower I've had in my 8 week stay in Costa Rica. Their laundry service was also super speedy and cheap. I highly recommend staying here.

i really liked that hostel :)

I spent less than 24 hours in this hostel but everything went well. The single room I booked was spacious, water in the shower was hot. Did not try their brekfast as lft before they started serving. I booked my tours through the hostel as well, the staff was knowledgeable and friendly.

Great location, awesome big breakfast, hot showers, great affordable tours, kitchen, clean rooms and Ronnie and his family are so friendly and helpful!! Great hostel

They met me soon after I got off the bus and made sure I found their place easily. Very nice facilities and they were very accommodating with any questions, requests, and helping make plans in the area.

Nice place. Owner is friendly and keen to help out. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Good for travelling on a budget, it's got a good kitchen you can use.

it's clean and near the bus stop. tour booking is efficient and the family is very nice. breakfast is ok. but I found that it lacked atmosphere and it has no real communal area to chill

Nice Family, good location, quiet hostel, lots of information about tours etc provided and good place to meet other backpackers!!

• 13th Aug 2014

The man at the front desk wasn't as friendly as I was used to and there was loud music playing all night, but the facilities were great.

• 26th Jul 2014