Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel Reviews

100 meters north from the bus stop, or 100 meters east from the Super Compro, Monteverde, Costa Rica

Great place! Breakfast was good, dorm was nice and clean with a big private bathroom, and the staff/the family was nice!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Denmark

The owners of SSC are what set this place apart. They were happy to explain all the different tour options and didn't push one company over another. They made breakfast each morning as well. When my girlfriend and I got food poisoning one day, they allowed us to make a last-minute decision to stay an extra night and also cooked our ramen noodles for us. Great people! The room itself was nice, good size, comfortable bed, lumpy pillows. Street noise is loud during the day, but great location!

Fantastic hostel.cstaff were very helpful and always greeted us with a smile. Nice breakfast

The owners were so helpful with making reservations for other activities and really took a personal interest in making sure we had a comfortable stay.

• 9th Jan 2015

We had 3 really nice days in the Sleepers Hostel. The Family is really nice and helps you with whatever question you have. Rooms are cleaned every day and come with bathroom and great breakfast incluided! The only thing that was a bit strange was that they told old incorrect informations about the public transportation to Tamarindo to sell a private shuttle (that the trip would be much longer than it actually was in the end). But go there!!!

The owner and his wife were always pleasant and helpful. The breakfasts were good. I enjoyed my stay.

It was just ok. Would not stay again, and no common room but kitchen where i felt i was interrupting the familiy zone. Not the best place to meet other when you are traveling alone. But bed was good enough, and good location, close to everything.

Great place to stay, right in the center, very good rooms and very helpful owner and stuff! We had an excellent time in Monteverde and lots of fun with the tours. The only minor disadvantage is that our private room was very noisy due to the strong winds...

This was a great option for our stay in Monteverde. The hostel located in the center of Santa Elena, with a supermarket, drugstore, bar and tour operators all in less than 5 minutes walking distance. The only thing I could really complain was that our room was next to the dorm, this means people coming in and out of the dorm can be quite annoying, but still bearable. It seemed that there was a TV in the room as the rack and cables where still there but none was found. I loved the staff!

The hostel was not so nice but the owner of the hostel were very kind and lovely. They helped me to find the perfect activity for me and they always smiled when they saw me. That was so sweet. But it was so cold because we all just had a simple thin blanket but okay, maybe you should take some sweaters with you. :)

great place to stay... nice breakfast.

The breakfast was great! I also really liked the fact that you guys came in and cleaned the room and bathroom every day.

it is very comfortable.the staff are really very nice.

Sleepers was great. Centrally located, very clean and comfortable. The staff was unbelievably friendly. There was a nice balcony on each floor with tables and chairs to hang out on. I would definitely stay again.

Great breakfast and amazing family-runned hostel! Staff is super friendly and helpful. The only inconvenience is that it is very noisy at night or when it is very windy outside. I strongly recommend this place!

• 26th Nov 2014

The cleanest hostel yet! Four beds per dorm, and with private bathroom. Perfect.

• 23rd Nov 2014

I felt that this hostel was great value for money compared to the other options in Monteverde. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the showers were hot. The staff were really friendly and the free breakfast was fantastic. It was possible to book all of the tours via the front desk, and the hostel is close to everything (because nothing in town is very far!). There is a little noise at night due to the locals' fondness for loud motorbikes, but I suspect this is a problem all over town.

This is a really nice family hostel. The owners are so helpful and friendly. The breakfast was awesome. Everything is very clean, especially the bathrooms are luxury for a hostel. I had some problems reaching the upper bed of the bunk bed as I am quite short. And I also missed some space to relaxe, lile hammocks or comfortable seats. But the rest was totally fine.

The breakfast was really amazing! I wasnt expecting much, but we were surprised with a plate of fruit, bowl of cereal, an egg, and toast, along with some really tasty coffee. The room was very clean. My only negative comment would be about the shower, which went from pleasant to icy cold after about two minutes, but it still worked and most showers in Costa Rica do that anyways so I was somewhat used to it anyways.

• 7th Nov 2014

Great staff, very helpful people. Clean room, hot water, breakfast. They made anything possible for me. Excellent!! 10+!😉