Sleephere Reviews

8 quai à la Chaux, 1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

This hostel is the best. For Anyone who ever visits brussels I recommend this hostel. The host is so polite and nice. It's home away from home. And if do the free tour do itwith Charlie, we had a lots of fun with free tour and beer tour both with Charlie.

It was a perfect place to stay. It was like being at home. It's really clean and organized, and good location!

Karel's place was amazing! It felt like home! The hostel was extremely clean and it was in a great location! Upon arrival Karel sat with us and provided us with maps and information about Brussels! I left my phone in the airport taxi and he was more than willing to help me try and retrieve it.I would recommend Karel's place to anyone who is visiting Brussels! Thank you Karel for the great stay!

• 4th Feb 2015

The only thing I can say is the showers take forever to become lukewarm. Otherwise great place

Thanks Zach! It's not the showers, but only the one you used. It takes indeed 30 seconds; We now increased the temperature and pressure. Should have told us that while you were here! it's easy to change.

Great, cozy place

My friends and I felt very welcome here! The owner was extremely helpful in giving us directions and recommendations for things to do. The beds are VERY comfortable, and the house is lovely. If I return to Brussels, this is absolutely where I will be staying!

• 30th Jan 2015

The most gorgeous hostel i have ever been in my life :)

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Slovakia

Spot on, ticks all the boxes for a hostel.

• 24th Jan 2015

Good experience, clean facilities and the best is the location you can walk away around the city

A really nice place to stay!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Quaint little guesthouse. cool vibe but a mixed group of us stayed here and we had a few issues. one couples room was not available and they had to switch rooms during the stay, neither of which they thought were as described. we had the private double upstairs and there was no power to half the room including the bathroom for our entire stay and the limited check in times was a real pain for us. only stay here if you are a loner wanting to spend each evening on your laptop.

- The room you are talking about are, as I explained, the result of poor parametrization possibilities of the system you booked on. This room was changed immediately in a upgrade - The plugs were not working on one side. We searched for the switch and found out it was in YOUR room, but you were absent and the room locked. - Check-in time is a pain? why booking here then? - Spend evening on a laptop? Did you join the others? did you came down and sit near the fire? Did you talked to me?

Stayed 2 nights. Very much like a bed and breakfast. It is a wonderful place to stay in Brussels.

Really nice environment, like staying at home! So warm!

Great hostel, Karel is a wonderful host who really makes you feel welcome in his beautiful home. The atmosphere is very intimate and homey, as it is a small hostel, but it's still easy to meet other travellers. Everything was nice and clean and a great breakfast is provided! The location is ideal - about 5 minutes' walk to the heart of the city centre, and tons of great restaurants right outside the door. I couldn't imagine staying elsewhere in Brussels.

Great place, homely, cute dog! Lots of space in room and plugs. Shower wasn't too hot but okay. Guy who owns the place is super nice, but as it is a more family home it means a lack of reception like being able to check in or pay or whatever when you need to as he is doing family stuff which is totally fine but if you need quick access etc maybe not the place for you. Comfy beds, warm, close to Christmas market and main square. Gives you a great map and directions for anything!!

I only have the highest praise for this hostel. Karel, the owner, is one of the kindest people you'll ever meet, he picked me up on arrival as there was a strike and drove me to the train station when I left as there were no taxis available, he and his whole family are incredibly generous, welcoming and attentive. The hostel is a stunning 17th century building furnished with antiques, top-notch facilities, every detail has been thought through to provide maximum comfort to the guests. Fantastic!

Hard to fault this place in any way. We stayed in the double room which was amazing, really nice and homely and was better then a 4 star hotel I stayed in recently. The owner was very friendly and helpful and there was a nice, cheap buffet style breakfast in the morning. It was also in a great location, right beside the main Christmas market area that was happening during our stay, easy to get to & from the airport also. Would highly recommend over a hotel for a couple visiting Brussels!

This was the cutest most locally run hostel I've stayed at yet! The house itself has beautiful wood floors and a charm all its own! The family that runs this hostel is so sweet and helped me find so many hidden gems within the city. Had a wonderful time in Brussels, and slept well too! The breakfast is delicious and everyone eats together at the dining room table, creating a wonderfully home-y atmosphere. I hope to stay here again soon! Thank you sleep sphere!

So so good! Karl is extremely helpful with everything, the rooms are extremely clean and the facilities of the kitchen and common room always have a really good atmosphere. Loved staying here, so easy to get around Brussels and use this as your base. Would totally recommend this to anyone who visits.

Wonderful place in the center of Brussels, right next door to some great places and still in a quiet corner. Great cosy rooms and a wonderful host, who really cares for his guests. Definitely a place to recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4