Sleephere Reviews

8 quai à la Chaux, 1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and it was amazing. Very clean, great location, relaxed vibe and pace, and Karel was so friendly.

• 27th Jun 2015

Thank you so much Karel for such a lovely stay! The hostel was absolutely gorgeous and we enjoyed our stay immensely. It was within walking distance from grand place and a bunch of different markets and restrauraunts. It's a relatively small hostel so you really get to know everyone; it feels more like a home. Would 100% recommend to all our friends and anyone who wants an awesome Bruxelles experience! Cheers from Canada, Jesika & Annika

• 26th Jun 2015

Great space! Loved spending time in the common space after walking around. It felt like home

The host was very kind.

Thanks, very kind of you. And what about the place?

Definitely would love to stay here again! The staff was friendly and our room was perfect!

Amazing! Excellent and friendly owner. The accommodations were superb.

• 16th Jun 2015

It feels like home the moment you enter the hostel! I absolutely loved it, was very well located and even though I walked more than enough, I was able to rest a lot :)

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

Karel is an amazing owner and I felt extremely welcomed. I had a great stay, but the only problem I had was limited lockers. I had one, but others staying in the all female dorm did not. Besides that this is a great place to stay. The building and the outside terrance is lovely. The place is quite clean and bright.

I am gald you are concerned about the others. But you had a locker. So, you have been ok for lockers, no? In the rooms, I use elegant old antique wooden chests as lockers, not a battery of uggle metal ones. What you didn't know is there is unlimited possibility to put valuables safely away, and that the others were informed about that.

Karel is very friendly and helpful! I booked a bed in the female dorm and had a pleasant stay. I thought the beds were a bit on the soft side but I personally just prefer firmer beds. The facilities are very clean and well kept and it was quite convenient to stay so close to St Catherine's! The female dorm bathroom is fantastically spacious and newly renovated. In lieu of lockers, there are lockable trunks within the room that essentially function the same way.

I really loved staying at this hostel. I'd actually say that it's sort of between a bed and breakfast and a hostel. Anyhow, the converted home is enormous and has a really beautiful garden where you can hang out. I stayed on the top floor in the girls' room where there was a lot of privacy and the bathroom was large and well-maintained. This "hostel" felt really special and unique but since it is operating as a hostel, I wish the rooms had a separate locker/cabinet for each person.

We use only antique wooden chests as lockers, which are collection pieces, not a battery of ugle metal boxes. We clearly inform people we can also put safely away all valuables.

Lovely place; a nice house and very kind attention by his owner. I recommend it!

Nice place but did not feel exactly too welcomed during our stay.

Could you please explain why you did not "felt welcome"? It is our utmost concern to make everybody welcome....

This place was amazing. The directions from the airport were really easy. The owner was really nice and helpful. The place felt like being home or at a friends house. There was lots of room. Restrooms were big clean. The price was really cheap. My roommates were awesome but that's extra. The main things to see are at a walking distance. If you are reading this trust me! Stay here you won't regret it.

• 7th Jun 2015

Great Host!

• 5th Jun 2015

The hostel is located about 15 minutes by foot from the Gare du Nord and you can easily walk to the old town. The area around the hostel is also quite nice. On Rue de Laeken there are a few cool bars and restaurants. The hostel itself is a beautifu place. Karel, the owner, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and tidy, maybe a bit small, but absolutely fine considering the fact that the hostel offers lots of cosy spaces to hang out (and a fantastic terrace outside!).

Nice place :)

Sleep here was great! Such a friendly family and a very old very big house. Conviently located and comfortable.

• 27th May 2015

This place is simply amazing. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again, if there will be such opportunity.

Amazing. Owner is awesome and helped us out and let us hang out all night

It was almost like a hotel, though in a good way! The only problem is that if you are travelling alone meeting people might be cumbersome given that it isn't a big hostel. I met plenty of great people though so don't let that deter you. It's based in the old part of town which has most the sights so that boded well with my itinerary. Very comfortable and spaced out! Karel was very helpful and hospitable!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4