Sleephere Reviews

8 quai à la Chaux, 1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Quaint little guesthouse. cool vibe but a mixed group of us stayed here and we had a few issues. one couples room was not available and they had to switch rooms during the stay, neither of which they thought were as described. we had the private double upstairs and there was no power to half the room including the bathroom for our entire stay and the limited check in times was a real pain for us. only stay here if you are a loner wanting to spend each evening on your laptop.

Stayed 2 nights. Very much like a bed and breakfast. It is a wonderful place to stay in Brussels.

Really nice environment, like staying at home! So warm!

Great hostel, Karel is a wonderful host who really makes you feel welcome in his beautiful home. The atmosphere is very intimate and homey, as it is a small hostel, but it's still easy to meet other travellers. Everything was nice and clean and a great breakfast is provided! The location is ideal - about 5 minutes' walk to the heart of the city centre, and tons of great restaurants right outside the door. I couldn't imagine staying elsewhere in Brussels.

Great place, homely, cute dog! Lots of space in room and plugs. Shower wasn't too hot but okay. Guy who owns the place is super nice, but as it is a more family home it means a lack of reception like being able to check in or pay or whatever when you need to as he is doing family stuff which is totally fine but if you need quick access etc maybe not the place for you. Comfy beds, warm, close to Christmas market and main square. Gives you a great map and directions for anything!!

I only have the highest praise for this hostel. Karel, the owner, is one of the kindest people you'll ever meet, he picked me up on arrival as there was a strike and drove me to the train station when I left as there were no taxis available, he and his whole family are incredibly generous, welcoming and attentive. The hostel is a stunning 17th century building furnished with antiques, top-notch facilities, every detail has been thought through to provide maximum comfort to the guests. Fantastic!

Hard to fault this place in any way. We stayed in the double room which was amazing, really nice and homely and was better then a 4 star hotel I stayed in recently. The owner was very friendly and helpful and there was a nice, cheap buffet style breakfast in the morning. It was also in a great location, right beside the main Christmas market area that was happening during our stay, easy to get to & from the airport also. Would highly recommend over a hotel for a couple visiting Brussels!

This was the cutest most locally run hostel I've stayed at yet! The house itself has beautiful wood floors and a charm all its own! The family that runs this hostel is so sweet and helped me find so many hidden gems within the city. Had a wonderful time in Brussels, and slept well too! The breakfast is delicious and everyone eats together at the dining room table, creating a wonderfully home-y atmosphere. I hope to stay here again soon! Thank you sleep sphere!

So so good! Karl is extremely helpful with everything, the rooms are extremely clean and the facilities of the kitchen and common room always have a really good atmosphere. Loved staying here, so easy to get around Brussels and use this as your base. Would totally recommend this to anyone who visits.

Wonderful place in the center of Brussels, right next door to some great places and still in a quiet corner. Great cosy rooms and a wonderful host, who really cares for his guests. Definitely a place to recommend!

What an amazing "hostel" (B&B). Karel the owner essentially turned his family owned building into a bed and breakfast. it's a beautiful building with cozy rooms and he even makes a fire in the evenings during the winter months. I wanted to live in his home forever, it was just perfect. No drunk and loud children running in and out at all hours, no loud noises of any kind. Every one was very respectful and I think the fact that this is a home first and a B&B second makes that possible.

Absolutely loved it. Less like staying at a hostel and more like visiting your cousins at your cool uncle's mansion. Your host (Karel) and the house are the real stars here. He was super-friendly and my 4-bed "dorm" was more like splitting an upscale loft with three other people. So cool to hang in the sitting room by the real fireplace, and after having breakfast with everyone, felt like they were new family. Didn't seem like a place for young hardcore party people, but you never know.

• 28th Nov 2014

Hey , Thanks for your feedback. Young? certainly! Young people are always more honnest and less calculated. I love them and prefer them because we stayed young as well in our heart. Hardcore? never tried it, I would maybe become crazy, which is not important, but the neighbours, I don't know...

This was the best hostel that i've been in my life. The place is amazing, well decorated and the staff is a great person. I definitely recommend!

It's my second time staying at this hostel, the first time being a couple of years ago when it had a different address. The location and facilities have improved significantly. It is very close to a metro station and a supermarket. One doesn't really feel like staying at a hostel. It's rather a guesthouse where one feels like being at home.

I'd definitely recommend. Loved the atmosphere, decoration and the bed. The staff is very nice and considerate, and the breakfast is great! Looking forward to coming back.

• 22nd Nov 2014

This is a very homey hostel. It is basically a large home/mansion that has been re-fashioned into a hostel - the beds are literally just up against the walls in these large rooms. It is, however, within walking distance from center city and is very comfortable. The bathrooms are personal and the kitchen is nice and clean. I wouldn't go here to party, but it was a nice place to stay, if you're spending most of the day out on the town.

We had a great stay at Sleephere! It was in a great location and easy to get to - close to subway, bars/restaurants, city sites. Karl was very pleasant and helpful. It was a beautiful guesthouse and Karl actually upgraded our room to ensure we had the best experience/stay. At all times I felt safe, comfortable and at ease. I would definitely recommend this place!

Great hostel, very spacious, the owner will go above and beyond to ensure guests have a good stay.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Karel and his families are really friendly. I really enjoyed my stay here. Breakfast is good and they have a big kitchen, you can find anything there. Thanks again, And hope one day can revisit Brussels!

We had a beautiful time in brussels and it was also because of the Sleephere. What a lovely place! And host as well!And the wolf dog of course! Amazing :) Thank you

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4