Sleephere Reviews

8 quai à la Chaux, 1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Karel was an absolutely professional and friendly host. The building itself is gorgeous, the location is wonderful, and Karel is able to help you out with suggestions of what to do or even just where to find a grocery store. This is not a typical hostel but a home and my experience reflected that!

My stay there was great. The staff were actually a family and they are very friendly. One of the 'staff' a 9 year old kid even taught me French. There's also a futsal court near the house where I played futsal with the locals. I would definitely come and stay at this place again when I'm in Brussels

I had a great stay in a female dorm, only 4 beds, cleanclean, very comfortable , and we had a bathroom only for girls as well. Even the owner was on holiday the staff was veeertveeery frendly, they help you with info. I felt like home. Location is close to the main centre, walking distance from gare du nord is about 15 min. I would stay again.

This is an amazing hostel which is more like a guest house; I felt at home as soon as I arrived. Karel, the owner, is welcoming, friendly and helpful. I stayed in a 5 bed dorm which was a massive room with proper beds not bunks and they were all spaced out. I met some amazing people in my room so it's a good place for solo travelers. I didn't have the breakfast because I wanted to eat waffles while in Belgium. The wifi is strong and reaches the bedrooms well. Highly recommend!!!

It's a homely place to live in and with with a good location. The rooms are just awesome with a feel of an ancient building. Overall i loved the place and rooms.

Absolutely loved staying at Sleephere. Very cosy and comfortable stay, felt like being at home! Kitchen was fantastic to cook in with great facilities and the outdoor verandah was a useful space to socialise or enjoy the sun. Staff lovely, definitely recommend!

• 27th Jul 2015

You truly feel like you're at home the moment you walk in the house! While it is a smaller hostel, so it can be harder to make friends, you feel like you belong there. And the beds were nice and comfortable! I wish I had gotten to know our host Karel more, but that was all my fault, as I didn't seek him out socially, but my small interactions with him were great.

Of the 21 accommodations I've had in hostels & rooms the last 5 years, this was my favorite. Reasons: (1) the house is immaculate and welcoming, (2) the location - a few moments' walk from a central metro station and ten minutes' walk to the major sights, (3) very comfy mattress and a quiet room, (4) breakfast was awesome, and at 5 eu, a good deal, (6) friendly owner. More like a guest house than hostel. Beware - if you're "here to party," it's not ideal. Wifi coverage not complete/perfect.

Thanks for this encouraging feedback. Wifi should always be perfeç and very high bandwidth. There might be some some technical problems with the operator, but if you let us know we reset the routers immediately.

lovely place and wonderful owner

We had a lovely stay here. The house is homely, the rooms large and comfortable, and the owner is so friendly and helpful. I will be back here again. Best hostel of our Europe trip.

Karel is an amazing host and the house is fantastic, loved the location and the facilities. Amazing garden to spend time in and great living room with a grand piano to relax next to. This is a small hostel with a great soul and it is everything I want on my trip!

This hostel is great! It's only a small hostel but has a great atmosphere and is really easy to meet people. It's more like a big house than hostel and most beds are singles, not bunks which is a nice change! There is a nice courtyard and well equipped kitchen. Breakfast was good. There are no lockers but my dorm had a lockable chest. Reception could also look after your valuables if needed. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

Fourth time at Karel's house... It's definitely my home at Brussels. He knows how to receive their guests, he has the "savoir faire", gives all attention and is always helpful, gentle and kind. I don't even try to stay at any other place in Brussels than Sleephere.

Thanks I am so happy you feel "at friend at home" here. That's exactly what we want to achieve: at sleephere, one books as a customer, stays as a guest and leaves as a friend!

This hostel is so beautifully decorated. The host made us feel so at home and comfortable. The room was spacious and we appreciated how clean the place was. My favorite area was the garden, very relaxing. The breakfast was affordable and delicious. The host was great with directions and recommendations. This was the best experience I've had at a hostel. Wish I had stayed longer.

• 27th Jun 2015

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and it was amazing. Very clean, great location, relaxed vibe and pace, and Karel was so friendly.

• 27th Jun 2015

Thank you so much Karel for such a lovely stay! The hostel was absolutely gorgeous and we enjoyed our stay immensely. It was within walking distance from grand place and a bunch of different markets and restrauraunts. It's a relatively small hostel so you really get to know everyone; it feels more like a home. Would 100% recommend to all our friends and anyone who wants an awesome Bruxelles experience! Cheers from Canada, Jesika & Annika

Great space! Loved spending time in the common space after walking around. It felt like home

The host was very kind.

Thanks, very kind of you. And what about the place?

Definitely would love to stay here again! The staff was friendly and our room was perfect!

Amazing! Excellent and friendly owner. The accommodations were superb.

• 16th Jun 2015