Sleephere Reviews

8 quai à la Chaux, 1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Easy to reach from St Catherine Metro station. Plenty of restaurants and cafe/bars around. A express Supermarket close by. The host Karel is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Comfy beds and decent bathroom with room to move. Nice outside terrace and luxurious lounge and armchairs to relax in. Kitchen and fridge, it has everything you need.

The place was well located (less than 10 minutes walking to downtown), atmosphere and dynamic in the house were friendly, host willing to help in every circumstance, and secure area around the house. If I ever go back to Brussels definitely will stay there again.

Absolutely fantastic hostel. Believe me when I say this is easily the best hostel in Belgium. Thanks so much Karol!

Wifi worked perfectly! Beds were very comfortable and the location was quiet. Not a party place which was so nice! Very close to a market store and about 10-15 min walk to the main area.

This amazing hostel is more like a hotel. Some of the most impressive features below: -rooms are extremely spacious (each 4 bed room could easily fit 10 beds) -the owner is a legend. Very positive and relaxed guy who will make sure that your stay is pleasant -right in the centre (you can walk everywhere) -very strong WiFi I'm a business traveler and enjoyed it tremendously.

Really place to stay, so easy to get there thanks to the clear direction is provided, best hostel feels line home

This place is excellent! I'd recommended it to anyone. It's friendly and clean and within walking distance to everything you'll want to see and is located in a great street for restaurants

This is a place where I could feel like I was at home. The room was large and cosy. The family is very helpful and attentive, everything was fantastic during my stay. I would definitely recommend this place!

I had a very nice stay with a great communication with the hosts. Would definitely recommend!

It's like staying at home. The guy who runs it (Karle) makes everything very comfortable. The best!

It was an incredible hostel! More like a bed and breakfast. The rooms were cozy and had a home-like feel. The family who owns it is extremely nice! The breakfast they serve is incredible. I would recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to go to Brussels! It is a great location and the environment is perfect. It felt like being a guest in someone's home rather than a hostel customer.

• 7th Apr 2015

Karel was a great host. I enjoyed meeting him, his family, and his new puppy. I was lucky to meet some other travelers at breakfast, and we ended up going to Bruges together. Sleephere was a great place to stay for my trip to Brussels.

A bit hard to find without any signage or anything, but once you figure out it's just basically an unmarked door, this hostel is a great experience. Welcoming staff, great house, very different than the big chain hostels so popular in Europe.

Far away from Museums (Musees Royaux des Beaux-Arts de Belgique) but possible to walk up there through Grand Place which is not too far, half way to Magritte Museum for instance. Nice breakfast for just five euro (eggs, bread, ham, cheese). A lot of nice restaurants around (expensive) but close to to hostel there is carrefour express and some other shops which you can find useful as the hostel guests could use kitchen to cook. Friendly and helpful host.

Thanks for your feedback. We are IN the old downtown part of the city. You don't even need to walk to start your visit. We are IN the oldest and most beautiful part of the city and the major points of interest are next to us! But of course, in a big city we can't be next to everything at the same time, can we? Maybe useful to think this over before writing?

The owner was lovely and really flexible in regards to payment and extension of check out. He also helped with a map and possible things to do while in the city. I felt really welcome and the room was warm and cosy. I would be happy to stay again if in Brussels, we had a wonderful time!

• 20th Mar 2015

Hi, you made my day! Thanks

I had such a wonderful experience at Sleephere. A warming, friendly environment and the owner is very helpful. He gave us some amazing recommendations for places to eat. It's just a 10 minute walk to the main square and very close to the metro. Overall, an excellent place to stay!

Thanks for these very encouraging words

Excellent guesthouse in a really nice character building. Close walk (10 min?) to the main square, but in a quieter neighbourhood. The owner was quite humorous and very present. Was easy to meet people in the dining room in the evenings before going out.

Great place to stay. Very clean, central location, polite staff and very nice, relaxing atmosphere. Art-deco style gives particular charm to the property and warm welcome of the staff made our stay very pleasant.

Beautiful house where you get to live with a lovely family (the owner and his two children also live at the hostel). They were all fun to chat with!

Hi, thanks . I will forward to my kids

Great location, within walking distance to everything and near many bars and restaurants. The room was really large, it even had couches and a table in it. The owner was really nice and provided a lot of information about the city. This place really felt like you were staying at a friend's house. I'd definitely come back!

Hey there, Thanks fo much for this very encouraging feed-back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3