Sleephere Reviews

8 quai à la Chaux, 1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

This is an amazing hostel which is more like a guest house; I felt at home as soon as I arrived. Karel, the owner, is welcoming, friendly and helpful. I stayed in a 5 bed dorm which was a massive room with proper beds not bunks and they were all spaced out. I met some amazing people in my room so it's a good place for solo travelers. I didn't have the breakfast because I wanted to eat waffles while in Belgium. The wifi is strong and reaches the bedrooms well. Highly recommend!!!

You truly feel like you're at home the moment you walk in the house! While it is a smaller hostel, so it can be harder to make friends, you feel like you belong there. And the beds were nice and comfortable! I wish I had gotten to know our host Karel more, but that was all my fault, as I didn't seek him out socially, but my small interactions with him were great.

Of the 21 accommodations I've had in hostels & rooms the last 5 years, this was my favorite. Reasons: (1) the house is immaculate and welcoming, (2) the location - a few moments' walk from a central metro station and ten minutes' walk to the major sights, (3) very comfy mattress and a quiet room, (4) breakfast was awesome, and at 5 eu, a good deal, (6) friendly owner. More like a guest house than hostel. Beware - if you're "here to party," it's not ideal. Wifi coverage not complete/perfect.

lovely place and wonderful owner

We had a lovely stay here. The house is homely, the rooms large and comfortable, and the owner is so friendly and helpful. I will be back here again. Best hostel of our Europe trip.

Karel is an amazing host and the house is fantastic, loved the location and the facilities. Amazing garden to spend time in and great living room with a grand piano to relax next to. This is a small hostel with a great soul and it is everything I want on my trip!

This hostel is great! It's only a small hostel but has a great atmosphere and is really easy to meet people. It's more like a big house than hostel and most beds are singles, not bunks which is a nice change! There is a nice courtyard and well equipped kitchen. Breakfast was good. There are no lockers but my dorm had a lockable chest. Reception could also look after your valuables if needed. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

Fourth time at Karel's house... It's definitely my home at Brussels. He knows how to receive their guests, he has the "savoir faire", gives all attention and is always helpful, gentle and kind. I don't even try to stay at any other place in Brussels than Sleephere.

Thanks I am so happy you feel "at friend at home" here. That's exactly what we want to achieve: at sleephere, one books as a customer, stays as a guest and leaves as a friend!

This hostel is so beautifully decorated. The host made us feel so at home and comfortable. The room was spacious and we appreciated how clean the place was. My favorite area was the garden, very relaxing. The breakfast was affordable and delicious. The host was great with directions and recommendations. This was the best experience I've had at a hostel. Wish I had stayed longer.

• 27th Jun 2015

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and it was amazing. Very clean, great location, relaxed vibe and pace, and Karel was so friendly.

• 27th Jun 2015

Thank you so much Karel for such a lovely stay! The hostel was absolutely gorgeous and we enjoyed our stay immensely. It was within walking distance from grand place and a bunch of different markets and restrauraunts. It's a relatively small hostel so you really get to know everyone; it feels more like a home. Would 100% recommend to all our friends and anyone who wants an awesome Bruxelles experience! Cheers from Canada, Jesika & Annika

Great space! Loved spending time in the common space after walking around. It felt like home

The host was very kind.

Thanks, very kind of you. And what about the place?

Definitely would love to stay here again! The staff was friendly and our room was perfect!

Amazing! Excellent and friendly owner. The accommodations were superb.

• 16th Jun 2015

I loved our stay at Sleephere. We had the Palace in the Clouds - the sleep 2 private room that is on the third floor. It has windows on 4 sides - and you look over the roof tops of Brussels - very cool. And our private bathroom had a marble floor, and marble walls. I loved the common area - the main room had huge extremely comfy leather sofas and easy chairs - and even a baby grand piano. The kitchen is huge - well equipped, and very easy to use. We ate almost every night in the garden. Fab.

It feels like home the moment you enter the hostel! I absolutely loved it, was very well located and even though I walked more than enough, I was able to rest a lot :)

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

Karel is an amazing owner and I felt extremely welcomed. I had a great stay, but the only problem I had was limited lockers. I had one, but others staying in the all female dorm did not. Besides that this is a great place to stay. The building and the outside terrance is lovely. The place is quite clean and bright.

I am gald you are concerned about the others. But you had a locker. So, you have been ok for lockers, no? In the rooms, I use elegant old antique wooden chests as lockers, not a battery of uggle metal ones. What you didn't know is there is unlimited possibility to put valuables safely away, and that the others were informed about that.

Karel is very friendly and helpful! I booked a bed in the female dorm and had a pleasant stay. I thought the beds were a bit on the soft side but I personally just prefer firmer beds. The facilities are very clean and well kept and it was quite convenient to stay so close to St Catherine's! The female dorm bathroom is fantastically spacious and newly renovated. In lieu of lockers, there are lockable trunks within the room that essentially function the same way.

I really loved staying at this hostel. I'd actually say that it's sort of between a bed and breakfast and a hostel. Anyhow, the converted home is enormous and has a really beautiful garden where you can hang out. I stayed on the top floor in the girls' room where there was a lot of privacy and the bathroom was large and well-maintained. This "hostel" felt really special and unique but since it is operating as a hostel, I wish the rooms had a separate locker/cabinet for each person.

We use only antique wooden chests as lockers, which are collection pieces, not a battery of ugle metal boxes. We clearly inform people we can also put safely away all valuables.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4