Sleephere Reviews

8 quai à la Chaux, 1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Karel was a great host. I enjoyed meeting him, his family, and his new puppy. I was lucky to meet some other travelers at breakfast, and we ended up going to Bruges together. Sleephere was a great place to stay for my trip to Brussels.

A bit hard to find without any signage or anything, but once you figure out it's just basically an unmarked door, this hostel is a great experience. Welcoming staff, great house, very different than the big chain hostels so popular in Europe.

Far away from Museums (Musees Royaux des Beaux-Arts de Belgique) but possible to walk up there through Grand Place which is not too far, half way to Magritte Museum for instance. Nice breakfast for just five euro (eggs, bread, ham, cheese). A lot of nice restaurants around (expensive) but close to to hostel there is carrefour express and some other shops which you can find useful as the hostel guests could use kitchen to cook. Friendly and helpful host.

Thanks for your feedback. We are IN the old downtown part of the city. You don't even need to walk to start your visit. We are IN the oldest and most beautiful part of the city and the major points of interest are next to us! But of course, in a big city we can't be next to everything at the same time, can we? Maybe useful to think this over before writing?

The owner was lovely and really flexible in regards to payment and extension of check out. He also helped with a map and possible things to do while in the city. I felt really welcome and the room was warm and cosy. I would be happy to stay again if in Brussels, we had a wonderful time!

• 20th Mar 2015

Hi, you made my day! Thanks

I had such a wonderful experience at Sleephere. A warming, friendly environment and the owner is very helpful. He gave us some amazing recommendations for places to eat. It's just a 10 minute walk to the main square and very close to the metro. Overall, an excellent place to stay!

Thanks for these very encouraging words

Excellent guesthouse in a really nice character building. Close walk (10 min?) to the main square, but in a quieter neighbourhood. The owner was quite humorous and very present. Was easy to meet people in the dining room in the evenings before going out.

Great place to stay. Very clean, central location, polite staff and very nice, relaxing atmosphere. Art-deco style gives particular charm to the property and warm welcome of the staff made our stay very pleasant.

Beautiful house where you get to live with a lovely family (the owner and his two children also live at the hostel). They were all fun to chat with!

Hi, thanks . I will forward to my kids

Great location, within walking distance to everything and near many bars and restaurants. The room was really large, it even had couches and a table in it. The owner was really nice and provided a lot of information about the city. This place really felt like you were staying at a friend's house. I'd definitely come back!

Hey there, Thanks fo much for this very encouraging feed-back!

What a great hostel! This place feels more like a home than a hostel. Karel is super nice and was a wonderful host. With the living room and dining area this is a great place to meet people.

Great place in a brilliant locatio. Lovely little restaurants on the door stop. Beds so comfortable and not a bunk bed in sight which was great. My bedroom slept four girls we had lots of space and a bathroom just for us four. Karel is a great host and makes his home very welcoming. Would definitely stay here again and would have no problem recommending Sleep-here.

Thanks, for these very encouraging words!

Hi, We spent three nights in Brussels at the Sleephere guesthouse. The location is close to the saint catherine metro station and a 10 min walk from the city center. Near the hostel you can find a Vello Station, supermarkets and good restaurants. The room and the heating was really good, the hostel was a kitchen and you can have a great breackfeast for 5 euro p.p. at the location.

İt was a great hostel. Especialy its owner Karel and his family was helpful and friendly. Location is so close to city center, almost its in city center. Clean and well organized. And wifi was great. Thank you Sleephere.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Turkey

This is not a typical hostel. It's more like a bed and breakfast. The man who owns it is so nice and helpful, the beds are comfortable, and the space is much bigger than you would find at a normal hostel.

This is the greatest hostel I have ever stayed at and I will be very surprised if I ever find a better one. Karel is one of the nicest guys and he really wants you to feel at home here. The house itself is gorgeous, the breakfast is great, the bedrooms are amazing, etc. I could go on and on how amazing this place is. Seriously, if you're coming to Brussels there's no reason to not stay here. I didn't want to leave!

Thanks, When I read this, it gives me so much energy to move on with the good work!

Karel is a great host. He speaks perfectly English and he is always available to help you with everything. The hostel (even if it does not look at all as a hostel) is a great place where to stay and meet always new interesting people. Definitely I would recommend to everyone this location.

• 26th Feb 2015

A great hostel! The common rooms are very comfortable, and my dorm was extremely generous (could have easily fit 16 people in bunk beds, but instead it's five beds, two couches, a large table etc.). Highly recommended!

• 25th Feb 2015

Easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at, I was sad to leave.

This hostel is the best. For Anyone who ever visits brussels I recommend this hostel. The host is so polite and nice. It's home away from home. And if do the free tour do itwith Charlie, we had a lots of fun with free tour and beer tour both with Charlie.

It was a perfect place to stay. It was like being at home. It's really clean and organized, and good location!

« first « Prev 1 2 3