Sleeping Boot Backpacker Hostel Reviews

NO.73.,Jinfeng St., Hualien, Taiwan

It would be wonderful if breakfast is included.

one of my favorite hostels in Taiwan. Joe and Paul (not sure about the spelling...) are very helpful for any information you ask. Im happy had a nice chatting with other backpackers and made friends the 2nd night. I will come back definitely.

Very nice hostel, wonderful staff! The room I stayed at (female dorm) was very spacious and clean, only downside was that I could hear lots of traffic at night, but I guess I'm a light sleeper. Other than that, really recommend going here, the staff are so lovely and friendly! Would definitely go back here!

Stayed for five nights and had an overall good time. Was a little unfortunate to be stuck with snoring roommates though but the service and staff more than made up for it.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Staff were helpful throughout my stay. Home away from home! Location could be a little hard to find at first but not secluded.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

we really enjoyed our stay there...becky was really helpful and recommended us where to go. a lot of people said the hostel's location is not that good, but i think it depends on what you wanna do. for us it was really convenient because we took the bus from the train station to toroko and the beach quite often but also went downtown for food and shopping. the hostel is around half way, so it was perfect for us.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Austria

Lovely place to stay in Hualien, close to the train station and city centre, the dorms are spacious and light, everywhere is spotless and the staff know everything there is to know!!

• 23rd Nov 2014

真的非常棒!整體都非常乾淨,前台的工作人員幫我提行李箱又介紹附近的美食!謝謝你!

all good but location is little...

A poor, poor man managed to fall over whilst approaching the hostel, and sprained his poor, little ankle. The heroic hostel staff managed to find the poor man shaken and scared and then spent the next couple of days shepherding him back to health. They gave him an ice pack, changed his room and brought him lunch and dinner. After two days, the poor man rose out of the ashes like a phoenix and was reawoken as a hulk like beast. He then cycled down the gorge triumphant (helped by the hostel!)

It was at Sleeping Boot that I met the amazing people who I would definitely stay friends with, from the lovely and helpful Becky who was working here on a stint to other sweet girls and guys on their vacations. The simple but cozy decor combined with the kindness of other travellers make Sleeping Boot a home away from home to me. If I ever come back to Hualien (which I will), I will stay here again.

Great hostel with the only (minor) downside being that it's a little bit far from the city centre. You can however rent a bike at Giant for 100 TWD per day if you tell them you're staying at sleeping boot, problem solved! Good mattress and pillows. Would recommend this hostel to others :) Two awesome breakfast restaurants just outside as well!

We stayed in the 4-bed mixed dorm and enjoyed the place very much - excellent in every way! Atmosphere in the commons room was communal and fun.

We loved our stay here! Jessie and Fong were incredibly helpful and friendly. The hostel had good common space for working or hanging out that allowed us to meet many other travelers. Out beds were a little creaky, so we could hear others moving around at times, but they were very comfy and we loved our stay and our roommates!

We stayed at this hostel a year ago already and I have to say it is still as clean and cozy as it was last time when we were there. Not to speak of the awesome and really, really friendly staff. Best hostel we ever stayed at!

老板人很好,在这住的很开心

The houses holder is very very nice, and I do like the amesphere there!

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • China

The hostel was great, I loved the design to the common room. Gave a really homely feel. The staff were awesome! Really friendly too. Only note was that the signal for the wifi on the top floor was a little weak which i compensated by using my 3G. Other than that, there weren't much issues. Will recommend to others!

This is probably the most friendly and homey hostel that I have ever stayed at. The owner (Chi Fong) and staff members (Xiao Mao) went above and beyond to help me and other guests to make sure that we had a good stay in Hualien. I arrived without any specific plans, and Chi Fong literally sat down with me for more than an hour and helped me to plan out the entire 2.5 days of my itinerary in Hualien. The rooms are very clean and well kept, with tasteful decors and a bright, warm ambiance.

Helpful and friendly staff. Located in between the train station and the city centre, which was quite a good location. Very nice and funky building. The only issue we had was that in our ensuite twin room the toilet was too close to the bed so we didn't use it. It was quiet when we stayed there.