Sleeping Boot Backpacker Hostel Reviews

NO.73.,Jinfeng St., Hualien, Taiwan

非常好!這期間裡最滿意的青旅!非常感謝Paul的熱情款待,每次遇到問題他都會熱心幫你解答,最好的staff(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧環境衛生都出乎我意料,非常乾淨,設施也很齊全!在這裡還認識到其他背包客。如果下次再來花蓮,這裡絕對是首選!

Great staff, very cozy and clean rooms.

• 7th Apr 2014

Fabulous welcome, wonderful staff, immaculately clean and orderly, this hostel was as good as can be.

lovely hostel, lovely staff. easy to find and excellent base to explore Taroko Gorge and the area around.

Fong is a friendly and reliable host.

Excellent Hostel. Staff are great and willing to hang out with you as well as get you acquainted to the area. Make sure to rent a bike and go around the city. Very close to the train station and a short walk from downtown. Rooms are nice with an excellent lounge area. Free tea and coffee! Cozy hostel with a great lounge area.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

The staff were very helpful, as they gave valuable tips on how to spend my 3-day stay in Hualien. They also know where to get cheap yet tasty meals around the city center, and even encouraged a lone traveler like me to mingle with the other guests at the hostel. The toilet and shower rooms are very clean, and the lounge area was spacious and lively. Only issue I guess was that there was no ready laundry services in the hostel (though there's one cheap shop nearby). I will surely stay here again.

I had a pleasant stay in Sleeping Boot. Staff were super helpful and the trip in Hualien was made easy with directions given by Paul. Thanks Paul. The room was small but there were everything in it. Convenient as it was a few streets away from the train station and food shops were everywhere. U wont grow hungry in Hualien.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Fong is amazing! He was so helpful when I needed to rent a scooter to travel the south. When I was gone for about 5 days he looked after my luggage and was really helpful when I needed some travel tips. I would definitely stay here again.

环境不错,干净舒适。老板超nice,给120分。遇见最棒的青旅老板,没有之一。

• 16th Feb 2014
  • China

Modern and clean hostel. Free tea! :) Very friendly and helpful staff!! Especially when it came to prepare the tarokko gorge or any other trip. Thanks a lot!!

The host is really nice among all the hosts i have met. As soon as we arrived at the hostel,he gave us a warm reception ,recommend the local interesting places and new things to us,and helped us design itinerary in Hualien.With his suggestion,we played crazily and were pleased with his recommend in local food.The atmosphere of the hall is perfect.In a word,I enjoy the accommodation in this hostel and recommend it to you sincerely.

Cool hostel, staff really kind,awesome!

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Czech Republic

A great place to base yourself and explore some beaches and the Taroko Gorge. Fong, Paul, and the other staff (sorry, I can' t remember his name - the one who went biking with us to the beach!) were all amazing and friendly, offering tips to make the most of my time in Hualien. They create a great atmosphere in the hostel and it's obvious that they care about their guests! Thanks again guys!

The room is clean and spacious, Paul is very friendly, helpful and welcoming. The location is accessible and convenient. Value for money. One of the best hostels I lived in Taiwan.

Sleeping boot is a really amazing hostel located about 10 mins from the train station.Paul is really helpful with directions to anywhere you wanna go and even gives direction for how to proceed with Taroko gorge trip.He is really fun to talk to and I had a great time sharing thoughts on movies n songs.The toilet and shower are extremely clean and 6bed female dorm is very spacious.I wish I was staying longer.But I definitely will come back.

Very nice hostel with awesome staff, definately enjoyed my stay! The owner is very kind to all guests ad treated us like family member ~~

If you're going to Hualien, this is the place to stay! Rather small-scale hostel, but that means you get a lot more personal attention! Would certainly recommend

Very helpful and friendly staffs. You don't have to worry that you will be bore or get lost in Hualien co's they are always there to share what is nice and where to go. To me, the staffs are the spirit of this hostel. I love the cleanliness and decoration of this hostel too.

Conveniently located close to the railway station and an enjoyable walk from the centre of town. The hostel is very clean, perhaps a bit too clean. My dorm had an attached bathroom and was good value for money. Fong and Paul are polite and helpful. Fong particularly struck me as a well-travelled and intelligent person. He helped me plan my two days in Hualien and his suggestions were absolutely spot on (which trails to take in Taroko, hotsprings to visit). I certainly recommend the place.