Sleeping Boot Backpacker Hostel Reviews

NO.73.,Jinfeng St., Hualien, Taiwan

all good but location is little...

A poor, poor man managed to fall over whilst approaching the hostel, and sprained his poor, little ankle. The heroic hostel staff managed to find the poor man shaken and scared and then spent the next couple of days shepherding him back to health. They gave him an ice pack, changed his room and brought him lunch and dinner. After two days, the poor man rose out of the ashes like a phoenix and was reawoken as a hulk like beast. He then cycled down the gorge triumphant (helped by the hostel!)

It was at Sleeping Boot that I met the amazing people who I would definitely stay friends with, from the lovely and helpful Becky who was working here on a stint to other sweet girls and guys on their vacations. The simple but cozy decor combined with the kindness of other travellers make Sleeping Boot a home away from home to me. If I ever come back to Hualien (which I will), I will stay here again.

Great hostel with the only (minor) downside being that it's a little bit far from the city centre. You can however rent a bike at Giant for 100 TWD per day if you tell them you're staying at sleeping boot, problem solved! Good mattress and pillows. Would recommend this hostel to others :) Two awesome breakfast restaurants just outside as well!

We stayed in the 4-bed mixed dorm and enjoyed the place very much - excellent in every way! Atmosphere in the commons room was communal and fun.

We loved our stay here! Jessie and Fong were incredibly helpful and friendly. The hostel had good common space for working or hanging out that allowed us to meet many other travelers. Out beds were a little creaky, so we could hear others moving around at times, but they were very comfy and we loved our stay and our roommates!

We stayed at this hostel a year ago already and I have to say it is still as clean and cozy as it was last time when we were there. Not to speak of the awesome and really, really friendly staff. Best hostel we ever stayed at!

老板人很好,在这住的很开心

The houses holder is very very nice, and I do like the amesphere there!

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • China

The hostel was great, I loved the design to the common room. Gave a really homely feel. The staff were awesome! Really friendly too. Only note was that the signal for the wifi on the top floor was a little weak which i compensated by using my 3G. Other than that, there weren't much issues. Will recommend to others!

This is probably the most friendly and homey hostel that I have ever stayed at. The owner (Chi Fong) and staff members (Xiao Mao) went above and beyond to help me and other guests to make sure that we had a good stay in Hualien. I arrived without any specific plans, and Chi Fong literally sat down with me for more than an hour and helped me to plan out the entire 2.5 days of my itinerary in Hualien. The rooms are very clean and well kept, with tasteful decors and a bright, warm ambiance.

Helpful and friendly staff. Located in between the train station and the city centre, which was quite a good location. Very nice and funky building. The only issue we had was that in our ensuite twin room the toilet was too close to the bed so we didn't use it. It was quiet when we stayed there.

I loved my stay here. As soon as I arrived, Paul knew who I was and helped me settle in. Later, he helped me figure out hot spots around Hualien, giving me suggestions about distance, time, etc. A couple days later, he went out of his way to take me to the train station to refund my ticket so I could spend an extra night! I slept in the mixed 10 bed room and felt very comfortable there! The common area liveliness varied based on guests. So relaxing and fun! Stay here. Thank you Paul and staff!

• 4th Sep 2014

This is the second continuous year I stayed in this hostel. It has been changed to bigger space since my stay in 2013. Paul

Nice, clean hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. The common area is really lovely and comfortable ; beds are also good and dorm room spacious. Cheap and good bikes can be rented nearby. Just that the signboard is not that conspicuous. Overall, enjoyed my stay at sleeping boot ;)

Appreciate that there is no alcohol can be taken in this hostel. This has reduce the unnecessary inconvenient. Overall the services were good. Facilities are new and clean. I will choose to stay here again.

Very nice clean Hostel. I really enjoyed staying here and had no complaints at all. The initial e-mail with directions was very useful indeed. During my trip, it wasn't the most social place in the world as most people were out exploring the town, but the staff and facilities lent themselves to a nice pleasant stay.

Great place! Got engaged there :)

Initially planned to stay only one night but decided to extend for another. The staff, full-time and part-time alike, helped me a lot on exploring the city and surrounding attractions. Met a very nice girl with whom on the next day I went river-trekking. I felt indeed safe and relaxed living in either a 3rd fl mixed dorm and a 2nd fl female dorm. Bed is very clean and comfortable. No washing and drying machines but one should feel good to let the sun shine on clothes. 10-15min walk from station

• 28th Jul 2014
  • kangerool
  • China

Great hostel with good atmosphere. Staff super friendly and helpful, a special thanks to Paul :)! Bed is sooooo comfy, stayed in the 10 dorm mixed room, quite spacious and clean! Will stay here again, I can totally recommend this place!