Sleeping Boot Backpacker Hostel Reviews

NO.73.,Jinfeng St., Hualien, Taiwan

The staff is super nice! Paul and Becky were really friendly :) The room is $15 a night so you get what you pay for. The location is a bit far from the train station by walking if you have a lot of luggage

氛圍還不錯啦~

Exceptionally clean and very friendly eager to help staff. Location was good about 10-15 minute walk from the train station. Would be nice to be able to have a beer in the common area, but no drinking allowed. Not as much of a social hostel but comfortable, efficient, and clean.

老板非常热心,为我们介绍了当地如何玩,还附赠了手绘地图一份,对我的出行起到了很大的帮助

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in. Friendly staff (he gave me a ride on his scooter to the laundry shop). Very clean hostel. It is not allowed to drink alcohol in the hostel....

Very good WiFi. Discounted rates for bike rentals at a particular bike shop (GIANT).

Paul is nice and very helpful, he helped us book a train back to Taipei, and recommend a city walk and food as well. The hotel is on the way between train station and city centre. It's a bit far for the travellers, who just stop at Hualienb to Taroko. However, I do recommend.

So good! Nice and clean-couldn't have asked for more.

Located conveniently between Hualien train station and "downtown", Sleeping Boot is well worth the money. Fong and another dude were good hosts, and gave valuable insight/tips about activities and food. An awesome map was provided, highlighting many places of interest. Thanks for all the help!

Very nice and helpful staff. Good location and cleanliness.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • China

It's a walk here from the station, and a much longer walk downtown, but if you're just going to Taroko, it's fine. The dorm was spacious and clean, there's a good kitchen, and the staff is great about giving advice on the transportation system in the national park. The second floor sink could have used a towel to soak up water- my jeans got soaked everytime I accidently leaned forward enough to touch my legs to the counter. Overall, this was a nice place!

It would be wonderful if breakfast is included.

one of my favorite hostels in Taiwan. Joe and Paul (not sure about the spelling...) are very helpful for any information you ask. Im happy had a nice chatting with other backpackers and made friends the 2nd night. I will come back definitely.

Very nice hostel, wonderful staff! The room I stayed at (female dorm) was very spacious and clean, only downside was that I could hear lots of traffic at night, but I guess I'm a light sleeper. Other than that, really recommend going here, the staff are so lovely and friendly! Would definitely go back here!

Stayed for five nights and had an overall good time. Was a little unfortunate to be stuck with snoring roommates though but the service and staff more than made up for it.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Staff were helpful throughout my stay. Home away from home! Location could be a little hard to find at first but not secluded.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

we really enjoyed our stay there...becky was really helpful and recommended us where to go. a lot of people said the hostel's location is not that good, but i think it depends on what you wanna do. for us it was really convenient because we took the bus from the train station to toroko and the beach quite often but also went downtown for food and shopping. the hostel is around half way, so it was perfect for us.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Austria

Lovely place to stay in Hualien, close to the train station and city centre, the dorms are spacious and light, everywhere is spotless and the staff know everything there is to know!!

• 23rd Nov 2014

真的非常棒!整體都非常乾淨,前台的工作人員幫我提行李箱又介紹附近的美食!謝謝你!

all good but location is little...