Sleeping Inn Backpackers Reviews

26 Peninsular Drive, Surfers Paradise, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Heavy odor in room, you simply can't breath.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

On arrival, asked to change room as our double was dirty, broken blind and was just a bed in a room, no lamp, shelves, hooks, mirror... I would expect a few for the price. Lady at reception was very helpful and accommodating, second room was slightly better. All staff were very friendly and helpful during stay! Didn't like the apartment style set up, if someone was in the shower you couldn't go to the toilet. Kitchen facilities were poor, barely usable cooker and severe lack of equipment!

Great place, would totally stay again.

Every dorm has its own living room thats awesome

Was only here for a night but was nice and relaxed, I could see how good it would be in the summer. The apartment style dorms with kitchen and bathroom was strange but a good way to meet people. Had the $5 barbaque and there was plenty food so no complaints although the guy in charge of the pre drinks didn't try that hard to et everyone involved so atmosphere was frosty. Didn't end up going out as I felt the vibe at pre drinks was dry so stayed in with a dorm mate in the apartment.

The roon has really bed smell, so i have to change my room. There is no lock system at main door and roon door.

Best hostel I could have imagined. Had everything I wanted and more. Staff gets a huge A+. Shoutout to Laura from Estonia for not drinking my horrible drink at Melba's

• 10th Jul 2015

Awesome set up. Was in one room 3 which was the best room apparently. Feels like an apartment with kitchen, living room and dining area for the three different dorm rooms. Great way to mix with people plus organised nights out were good. Cleaner came in every day although tended not to do much it seemed. Still clean enough though.

I stayed for only 1 night, but I will definitely stay there again next time I'm in the Gold Coast. Thank you for receiving us late at night, and the free brekkie is definitely a plus =)

It is such a short walk from the bus station which is very handy. Its location is central and close to everything you need. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Loved the Friday BBQ for $5-- it was a lot of fun! We did have some noise problems though- there was a group in the apartments above us who were partying VERY loudly until someone intervened around 2:30 am. Would have been nice if the "strict 10pm no noise policy" was enforced.

Very good hostel which is a bit different as it is essentially a collection of individual houses that have been converted. Good facilities and very near the centre of town.

I really liked the hostel because every dorm has its own bathroom and kitchen. Its basically a apartment. However, the kitchen and the bathroom were not that clean. It wasn't horrible but definitely not good. But overall I can recommend this hostel!

This hostel is great if you are freshly 18 and looking to party literally every day. If you are looking for something a tad quieter I do not recommend this hostel. I stayed in the girls dormitories, which are super lovely with the exception of a couple things. the bunk beds are so short you can't sit on the lower bunk beds at all, the girls area had 1 shower for 10 full beds, and only two toilets. The lighting is horrible in this room as well. Otherwise, alright stay, just wasn't my style.

• 31st May 2015

Usually I start a review response with sincere apologies for not having met our guests expectations. In your case I can only wonder why you have extended your stay to 10 nights (and are still here) if you don't really like it. Surprising as well that you comment negatively on the social events at night but still joined in for every single one of them til the early morning. It is also fairly disresepectful to bring a guy back into the female dorms at night. Your room mates weren't impressed.

Great hostel not far from the centre and the main beach. I stayed in an ensuite dorm and that basically meant sharing a full apartment with 3 others so plenty of space and never had to wait to use the kitchen or toilet. Free breakfast was nice.

More than I could have asked for. The rooms are spot on and staff go out of their way to help people out. The nights out and dinner events are perfect for everyone to join in. Best fun in Australia!

• 24th May 2015

Very good and clean hostel Staff are very friendly. Easy to meet people. I liked it.

• 21st May 2015

What a hostel :) I had a great time. The people are nice. Always something going on. I liked the drinking games they organised at night. Hard to stay in but it was all worth the headaches the next morning. :) The free breakfast was a bonus. I will return.

• 19th May 2015

Really liked it here. The staff were super nice. Made me feel very welcome during my stay. The BBQ dinners are great and free breakfast in the morning.

• 7th May 2015

Hi :) We are so happy to hear you had a great time at the INN. Thank you very much for leaving a lovely review. We wish you all the best for the rest of your travels :) The Sleeping Inn Team - Get excited about where you sleep...

Stayed in apartment room. Clean & tidy. Free brekkie!! Staff so helpful,got 1 free night stay,our bed sheets were changed during the middle of our 1 wk stay & the staff even offered to pay for our big night out when we ran out of money - lovely! Such a lively social place. Staff provide drinks to play drinking games with every night & get everyone involved but never force anyone into going out. Such a good time at this place will def come back when we return to Surfers in the future! Thanks :-)

View all Surfers Paradise Hostels