Sleeping Inn Backpackers Reviews

26 Peninsular Drive, Surfers Paradise, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Stayed in the 8 female bed room which was a little cramped. Our room was part of an 'apartment' type with 3 other bedrooms, a kitchen, lounge area and bathroom. There were 14 girls in total and only 1 bathroom - this proved a big problem. The rooms also got very very hot. Wifi is okay, you need to be close to reception. Activities every night including $5 BBQ and $5 pizza night which was good. Staff hold drinking games every night before going out. Can be a bit much at times if you don't fancy.

Good location for a night out but you wouldn't want to stay long. Dorms are quite small and place is generally quite messy

Thank you for leaving your comments. Sorry to hear your room mates were messy because we clean every room every day here. Glad you enjoyed the nights out - we try to make sure everybody has a great time on their travels. Enjoy the rest of yours in oz!

First night they messed up my booking but did give me a private room for no extra charge which was great. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm with living room and own kitchen, definitely better than the big communal kitchens at some hostels. No air con in the rooms meant that myself and the other bottom bunk traveler had to sleep on the sofas for 2 nights as it was unbearable in the room. When we asked for an extra fan staff took a long time

Very good hostel. Not far from the beach. The staff really make this place. Such a lovely bunch. I would highly recommend joining all the stuff they organise at night. I had THE best time.

• 15th Mar 2015

Loved this hostel! You would be stupid not to stay at this hostel. It was like a holiday village not a hostel. Depending on how many dorms you chose, each apartment has its own shower, toilet and fully functionally kitchen, with a lounge area that is great for socialising. The staff could not do more for you, and they become good friends who actually take the time to get to know you. The night out was wicked and value for money. Met some fantastic people and new friends.

I had a great time staying in Sleeping Inn. The staff is friendly, the wifi works better than in many other places I've stayed in and the facilities are clean and tidy. I met a lot of cool people and had a lot of fun with the hostel group on the big night out on Saturday. Would definitely recommend this relaxed and comfortable hostel!

Fabulous hostel! The staff definitely make it. The rooms were clean. Lots of stuff to do. Home away from home. Only thing is that my room mates kept our door open all the time. Could be improved.

• 11th Mar 2015

Thank you for your review and we`re delighted you had a great time. We apologise your room mates kept leaving the door open and we are working harder to police this better. Enjoy the rest of your time in Oz!

Really great staff and atmosphere. Nice apartment layout, had a great time!

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Feel free to come back anytime and enjoy the rest of your travels!!

Brilliant hostel! I've had a fantastic time. Was sad to leave. Had to extend my stay. The nights out are so much fun. Thanks!

• 4th Mar 2015

Thank you for your positive review! We try to make sure everyone has a great time, so its nice to hear that we did that for you. Enjoy the rest of your time in Australia!

Couldnt ask for anything more for the price i paid. Bed was comfortable, loads of free stuff and they took us out to a nightclub as well. Me and my friends will come back again for Gold Coast holidays!

• 25th Feb 2015

Thanks for your review. Happy to hear our brand new mattresses are as comfy as they look! We look forward to having you and your friends back with us in the future!

Excellent location just a few minutes walk to everything you need. Felt more like a villa than a hostel with a private bedroom and living room/kitchen. Great for the price! Only downside is lack of wifi in the rooms. Highly recommend this place!

Thanks for your kind words. We try to give the best we can for the lowest price we can and its great that you had a good time. Enjoy the rest of your travels in Oz!

Good little hostel with plenty going on every night with cheap BBQ/Food for $5 and then they head out to the clubs most nights as well. Hostel is within 5/10mins of the main strip and bus station, offering a shuttle bus too. Staff are really friendly and make it a welcoming place. Only downsides were the showers felt like watering cans and not any private lockers in the rooms.

Friendly staff and easily accessible from the centre. Also very easy to meet people. Cleanliness was average though and security not great due to no safety lockers.

• 27th Jan 2015

Great hostel, the apartment I was in was all female and had full length mirrors, hair dryers and straighteners!! the kitchen was clean and pretty well equipped though I barely used it as there is cheap food at the hostel pretty much every evening. it's a really social hostel due largely to being byo and the activities every evening (mostly drinking games)

Great spot to stay and very close to Cavill Ave!!! Apartment rooms were clean and staff were very friendly.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Hi Thank you so much for leaving your positive feedback. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We couldn't wish for more :) We wish you all the best for the rest of your travels and your trip home. Hope to see you one day again! The Sleeping Inn Team

I appreciated your initiative, like go to disco and organize dinner together

Hi Thank you very much for taking the time to write a few lines. It was lovely to meet you and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time here at the Sleeping Inn. We hope you have a blast whilst continuing your travels in Australia The Sleeping Inn Team

Nice hostel! Staff was very friendly and enthusiastic about the activities in the hostel. Female appartment was really nice. A lot of mirrors, hairdryers and straightners. It feels like you are in a appartment with friends. And free breakfast! Matrassas were very tin with a hole in de middle, horrible for your back. But that is the only bad comment I can come up with. Enjoyed my stay very much!

Thank you so much for the kind words :) I am very happy to let you know that we replaced all the old mattresses for brand new ones. Hopefully you can come back one day and see for yourself. I wish you all the best for the rest of your time in Australia and hope you have a blast! The Sleeping Inn Team

The fridge was not working. The shower was very bad. The beds are for nothing, very small and just a tiny old mattress. The room was really small and really hot. The wifi was really slow and most of the time not working. The staff was friendly but we wouldn't go there again.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

Hi , I am very disappointed you chose not to say anything to me directly after the many times we spoke at reception and around the hostel. I did not once notice that you had such a bad time nor did I get told that something was wrong with your room.The fridge was not broken and the bathroom was cleaned every day. I would like to say that we have replaced all mattresses for brand new ones and have perfect new free WiFi. Contact me for a free night to avail of all the goodies. Good luck :)

We were in a private room, and left our passports/ personal documents in there as we left for the day. We locked the door when we left, and came back to it wide open. Luckily nothing was missing, but a staff member who emptied our garbage could have really caused some damage. Not okay. Also, there were no blinds in our room and people from other rooms could see directly into our room 24/7. We had to use our sheets as curtains. The bathroom was dirty and all three of our fans were broken.

• 20th Dec 2014

Hi, We are very sorry you had to experience the door being left open. We can only apologise 100 times and continuously remind and retrain all our staff to remember the essential parts of the job. Please contact me if you ever want to stay again on info@sleepinginn.com.au free of charge. I am sure we can convince you that we always have the best interest in heart and would like to see you leaving with a smile next time. All the best for your travels! The Sleeping Inn Team

Nice appartment like rooms with own bathroom and kitchen. Great atmosphere, pretty close to the city center and free wifi in de lounge! Only con is that the rooms don't have airco.

Hi, Thank you very much for your review :) We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It can get a little hot during the Australian summer. We are only a small family run Backpacker Hostel and do believe it is sufficient to provide fans in all rooms and installing aircon in 20 different apartments would fall outside our budget. We appreciate your feedback and could only hope you may like to visit again at a cooler time of the year. We wish you all the best! The Sleeping Inn

View all Surfers Paradise Hostels