Sleeping Inn Backpackers Reviews

26 Peninsular Drive, Surfers Paradise, Surfers Paradise, Australia

My stay at this hostel was good, I really enjoyed my time here and met lots of friendly people. rooms are clean daily and cheap food every night. free wifi was good. I would stay again. thank you

• 16th Jul 2014

Wifi is slow and has a bad connection. Rooms are like apartments with own kitchen and good atmosphere and facilities.

I had a great stay at Sleeping Inn, the location is awesome, short walk to Cavil Av and buses. Organised nights were great. A couple things for improvement, lockers in room would be good, mattresses were not overly comfy, bathrooms were quite dirty, not cleaned enough, maybe a bathroom matt for excess water on the floor and toilet paper was not re stocked. The kitchens were good but when people don't do their dishes it can get quite messy. The staff were fantastic at the front desk.

I loved this resort. We would have stayed there for the whole trip if we could. The atmosphere was so chilled out and friendly, met plenty of liked minded and interesting people. They have activities every night which gives you the opportunity to hang out with your fellow hostelers. Facilities were really clean too. Easily the best hostel we have been to so far in Australia!! I miss it there already.....

My favourite hostel so far, I don't really write reviews but this place was awesome so felt I needed to share my experience. Couldn't fault this place at all, staff were amazing and a good laugh, place was cleaned daily which is always good. Brilliant place, if your thinking of staying in Surfers Paradise then stay here. Thanks guys.

Had a great time at this hostel, staff were amazing and really helped me with a problem I had, was like being around my own family, we all had a night out on the town on one of their arranged nights which was quality, would highly recommend this place to all types of travellers. :-) I will definitely be coming back to Surfers Paradise even if its just to stay at this hostel and have a night out and one of their $5 BBQs.

• 17th Jun 2014

We stayed four nights at Sleeping Inn. Really nice place, clean, tidy good sized rooms. A very relaxing vibe, everyone seemed to stay longer than they intended to so must be a good sign... I'd visit again and would recommend the place. $5 eat as much as you can pizza night is a must!

I loved this place........ I will be back.

• 14th Jun 2014

Such a lovely backpackers and lovely staff. All the other guests are nice too. Room was clean and kitchens and bathrooms were far better than most I have been to. Beautiful garden area with hammocks (loved them).

• 14th Jun 2014

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in in Australia . Staff are awesome and it's in such a great location only minutes to the beach ,always something fun going on !!

• 13th Jun 2014

facilities are not well maintained. there are in room cockroaches. room is tiny with smell. but it is acceptable with this price if you just need a place to sleep. nice and helpful staff.

The main issue with this hostel is the standard of the bunk beds. It is the only place I have stayed in 6 months of travelling that has bunks with no steps to the top bunk. It was difficult and dangerous to jump up there. The mattresses are thin foam and the whole bunk is very flimsy - if you try to climb up on the plastic you fall off. Added to that the young staff organising nights out are more concerned with having as breast night themselves than their guests.

Its a nice place to stay near most hostels and surfers paradise. It is cleaned every day but some people in my room stayed long and stuff were every where. They had some stuff going on every night that was nice to participate in.

Stayed in a double bed private room. The room was spotless with a dresser (which is always appreciated) a large wardrobe and a nice bathroom with endless hot water. Sheets on the bed were ripped and the pillows were terrible (not worth a bad rating but worth mentioning, it's a hostel so fair enough) A couple guys smoking pot outside, but hey it's the Gold Coast, I guess that can either be a good or bad thing depending on who you are and it had nothing to do with the hostel or the staff. 4/5.

Poor standard of rooms and communal area, terrible upkeep of rooms, very basic, poor wifi connection even in the common room, smelt of stale smoke, a LOT of people crashing around at 3am taking the p***. Wouldn't recommend

Everything was good here. I really enjoy my stay. Keep it up Sleeping Inn. It just that keep your instagram account updated more often. 👍

• 2nd May 2014
  • Malaysia

Stayed at the hostel for 4 nights, and I was very pleased with my stay! The people working there are awesome, and it's so easy to get to know people since you have your own "apartment" together with other people. The rooms were a bit small, but alright! It was good that each "apartment" had their own kitchen and bathroom, even though they were quite dirty! It was a 10 minute walk to the beach, but I didn't mind :) Overall it'sa nice hostel with awesome people :)

Loved this hostel, has been my favourite since travelling. Blonde girl at reception was really helpful

Hi Charley Thank you very much for the very positive review. It was a pleasure having you here. We wish you all the best for the rest of your travels :) The Sleeping Inn Team

Dirty, tiny rooms with no aircon, noisy, lots of drunk teenagers, awful!

Hi Nicola our bedrooms are not the biggest but all rooms have private lounge areas attached to them which are only used by the people in your room with your own facilities. You paid $22 per night for a 10Dorm and got upgrade to a 4Dorm.Furthermore we wouldn’t be able to have ‘drunk teenagers’ at our hostel as firstly you have to be 18+ to be able to stay and the majority of our guests is in their 20s enjoying a trip of their lifetime. I am sorry to hear that you didnt feel like joining in.

the best hostel i never been..really pretty good!!

• 15th Mar 2014

Hi Alex Love love love to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us :) :) :) It is brilliant to see that our guests like the way we do things. Its unique and its different because we want it that way! We wish you all the best for the rest of your travels! The Sleeping Inn Team

View all Surfers Paradise Hostels