Sleeping Inn Backpackers Reviews

26 Peninsular Drive, Surfers Paradise, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Just a short 5 minute walk away from the beach. A bit of a party hostel, there were drinking games and trips to the bars every night but no pressure to go out if you don't want to and strictly quiet after 10pm. The staff was super friendly and nice, they have social activities nightly like bar trips and $5 all-you-can-eat BBQ on Mondays! The apartment style set up of the rooms was nice, but the bedroom was kind of cramped with very squeaky beds. Lockers outside of room cost extra.

Awesome hostel. I felt like I was back at my college house! Staff was so friendly and really encouraged social interaction. I had a blast here! But it's definitely centered around partying and drinking, so keep that in mind before booking!

Had a great stay, thanks guys for a good time, we highly recommend anybody looking for a clean, comfortable and fun place to stay with awesome meal deals each night, perfect for those on a budget.

• 13th Aug 2014

Great atmosphere and great people! Had a fantastic time and the staff looked after me so well. Thanks for carrying my heavy bags up and down the stairs :) I loved the way the room was set up. Would have been good to have lockers in the room but wasn't a big deal. Really enjoyed my stay. Gutted I had to go...

• 6th Aug 2014

Fantastic hostel! Great location, super friendly staff, and a unique atmosphere. Free pick up from the bus stop, free wifi, free bikes and surfboards, and within walking distance to everything. Loved our stay here!

Only go here if you're going to drink.

My stay at this hostel was good, I really enjoyed my time here and met lots of friendly people. rooms are clean daily and cheap food every night. free wifi was good. I would stay again. thank you

• 16th Jul 2014

Wifi is slow and has a bad connection. Rooms are like apartments with own kitchen and good atmosphere and facilities.

I had a great stay at Sleeping Inn, the location is awesome, short walk to Cavil Av and buses. Organised nights were great. A couple things for improvement, lockers in room would be good, mattresses were not overly comfy, bathrooms were quite dirty, not cleaned enough, maybe a bathroom matt for excess water on the floor and toilet paper was not re stocked. The kitchens were good but when people don't do their dishes it can get quite messy. The staff were fantastic at the front desk.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel while visiting Surfers Paradise. The location is ideal, as it is a stones throw away from the city centre and the beach. The character and atmosphere of the hostel is great and the staff are really accommodating. Parts of the hostel are tired looking, however this actually adds to the character of the place. We loved our stay here and would recommend it to other travellers.

I loved this resort. We would have stayed there for the whole trip if we could. The atmosphere was so chilled out and friendly, met plenty of liked minded and interesting people. They have activities every night which gives you the opportunity to hang out with your fellow hostelers. Facilities were really clean too. Easily the best hostel we have been to so far in Australia!! I miss it there already.....

My favourite hostel so far, I don't really write reviews but this place was awesome so felt I needed to share my experience. Couldn't fault this place at all, staff were amazing and a good laugh, place was cleaned daily which is always good. Brilliant place, if your thinking of staying in Surfers Paradise then stay here. Thanks guys.

Had a great time at this hostel, staff were amazing and really helped me with a problem I had, was like being around my own family, we all had a night out on the town on one of their arranged nights which was quality, would highly recommend this place to all types of travellers. :-) I will definitely be coming back to Surfers Paradise even if its just to stay at this hostel and have a night out and one of their $5 BBQs.

• 17th Jun 2014

We stayed four nights at Sleeping Inn. Really nice place, clean, tidy good sized rooms. A very relaxing vibe, everyone seemed to stay longer than they intended to so must be a good sign... I'd visit again and would recommend the place. $5 eat as much as you can pizza night is a must!

I loved this place........ I will be back.

• 14th Jun 2014

Such a lovely backpackers and lovely staff. All the other guests are nice too. Room was clean and kitchens and bathrooms were far better than most I have been to. Beautiful garden area with hammocks (loved them).

• 14th Jun 2014

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in in Australia . Staff are awesome and it's in such a great location only minutes to the beach ,always something fun going on !!

• 13th Jun 2014

facilities are not well maintained. there are in room cockroaches. room is tiny with smell. but it is acceptable with this price if you just need a place to sleep. nice and helpful staff.

The main issue with this hostel is the standard of the bunk beds. It is the only place I have stayed in 6 months of travelling that has bunks with no steps to the top bunk. It was difficult and dangerous to jump up there. The mattresses are thin foam and the whole bunk is very flimsy - if you try to climb up on the plastic you fall off. Added to that the young staff organising nights out are more concerned with having as breast night themselves than their guests.

Its a nice place to stay near most hostels and surfers paradise. It is cleaned every day but some people in my room stayed long and stuff were every where. They had some stuff going on every night that was nice to participate in.

View all Surfers Paradise Hostels