Sleeping Inn Backpackers Reviews

26 Peninsular Drive, Surfers Paradise, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Great place! Different to other hostels with normal dorms and one big kitchen, they are like little apartments for a few dorm rooms which is great. With balconies on each apartment! Perfect location as easy to walk to the main area. The best bit is discovering the Female Area/ apartment.... This is fully kitted up for girls to get ready- good hair dryers and straighteners and lots of mirrors!! If I had known I would have asked for a dorm here but still able to go and get ready in there

Filthy, stinky, no outlets, no hooks in bathroom for towels, etc. washroom

I am disappointed to read your bad review and low rating for our gorgeous hostel I guess this review shows that we can't please everyone.Our hostel gets cleaned daily by 4 members of staff for 5 hours a day. Nowhere near can it be filthy or stinky as you describe. It can get a little messy at times as we are a backpackers. I wish you would have said something. I would have done everything to make your stay more enjoyable. Money back, different room, different hostel. I would have liked to help.

The Hostel is really really bad! Everything is dirty and old, there are cockroachs EVERYWHERE, the walls are full of fungi. It is super super disgusting! The beds are okay, the rooms are quite small. The Hostel is an open house, everybody can just walk in at any time. Worst Hostel that i have been to so far! Wouldnt recommend it to anyone!!!

• 2nd Apr 2015

I am surprised about your review as nothing you state in your review is true. I find it always funny that you have met us at reception a hundred times with a smile but not once pointed out your concern. I have made myself aware of the condition of the room and couldnt find any "fungi" as you call it. For the future I would hope you just say something. We are here to make our guest happy - not to scare them off. I really thought you had a good time as you were full of joy every time we met.

Great atmosphere and happy staff. Rooms were nice and clean. Really liked Surfers Paradise. Would recommend.

• 1st Apr 2015

Thank you very much for your positive review. We very much appreciate the kind words. The Sleeping Inn Team is always trying to improve things at the hostel. It was a pleasure having you here and we wish you all the best for the rest of your travels.

Good location and friendly staff. Only downside would be security, doors dont automatically lock like most other places when you close them.

Hi Thank you very much for your nice review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time here at the Inn. It was a pleasure having you here. We wish you all the best for the rest of your travels in Australia. Take car! The Sleeping Inn Team

This was the first hostel I've stayed in and couldn't have had a better first experience. I stayed in a girls dorm which was excellent, we had a living area, kitchen and heaps of hairdryers and straightners were supplied. I found the hostel to be really clean and felt safe there. The highlight for me was definitely the drinking games and nights out. They hostel guys were great at getting everyone involved and despite loosing a couple of games and drinking the dirty pints, it was defo awesome fun

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Hi, It was certainly a pleasure meeting you. I am very happy to hear that we convinced you of the positives of a Backpackers Hostel. Meeting new people and having heaps of fun is definitely a big part of it. We hope we see you one day again and wish you all the best for your travels. The Sleeping Inn Team

Stayed in the 8 female bed room which was a little cramped. Our room was part of an 'apartment' type with 3 other bedrooms, a kitchen, lounge area and bathroom. There were 14 girls in total and only 1 bathroom - this proved a big problem. The rooms also got very very hot. Wifi is okay, you need to be close to reception. Activities every night including $5 BBQ and $5 pizza night which was good. Staff hold drinking games every night before going out. Can be a bit much at times if you don't fancy.

Good location for a night out but you wouldn't want to stay long. Dorms are quite small and place is generally quite messy

Thank you for leaving your comments. Sorry to hear your room mates were messy because we clean every room every day here. Glad you enjoyed the nights out - we try to make sure everybody has a great time on their travels. Enjoy the rest of yours in oz!

First night they messed up my booking but did give me a private room for no extra charge which was great. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm with living room and own kitchen, definitely better than the big communal kitchens at some hostels. No air con in the rooms meant that myself and the other bottom bunk traveler had to sleep on the sofas for 2 nights as it was unbearable in the room. When we asked for an extra fan staff took a long time

Very good hostel. Not far from the beach. The staff really make this place. Such a lovely bunch. I would highly recommend joining all the stuff they organise at night. I had THE best time.

• 15th Mar 2015

Loved this hostel! You would be stupid not to stay at this hostel. It was like a holiday village not a hostel. Depending on how many dorms you chose, each apartment has its own shower, toilet and fully functionally kitchen, with a lounge area that is great for socialising. The staff could not do more for you, and they become good friends who actually take the time to get to know you. The night out was wicked and value for money. Met some fantastic people and new friends.

I had a great time staying in Sleeping Inn. The staff is friendly, the wifi works better than in many other places I've stayed in and the facilities are clean and tidy. I met a lot of cool people and had a lot of fun with the hostel group on the big night out on Saturday. Would definitely recommend this relaxed and comfortable hostel!

Fabulous hostel! The staff definitely make it. The rooms were clean. Lots of stuff to do. Home away from home. Only thing is that my room mates kept our door open all the time. Could be improved.

• 11th Mar 2015

Thank you for your review and we`re delighted you had a great time. We apologise your room mates kept leaving the door open and we are working harder to police this better. Enjoy the rest of your time in Oz!

Really great staff and atmosphere. Nice apartment layout, had a great time!

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Feel free to come back anytime and enjoy the rest of your travels!!

Brilliant hostel! I've had a fantastic time. Was sad to leave. Had to extend my stay. The nights out are so much fun. Thanks!

• 4th Mar 2015

Thank you for your positive review! We try to make sure everyone has a great time, so its nice to hear that we did that for you. Enjoy the rest of your time in Australia!

Couldnt ask for anything more for the price i paid. Bed was comfortable, loads of free stuff and they took us out to a nightclub as well. Me and my friends will come back again for Gold Coast holidays!

• 25th Feb 2015

Thanks for your review. Happy to hear our brand new mattresses are as comfy as they look! We look forward to having you and your friends back with us in the future!

Excellent location just a few minutes walk to everything you need. Felt more like a villa than a hostel with a private bedroom and living room/kitchen. Great for the price! Only downside is lack of wifi in the rooms. Highly recommend this place!

Thanks for your kind words. We try to give the best we can for the lowest price we can and its great that you had a good time. Enjoy the rest of your travels in Oz!

Good little hostel with plenty going on every night with cheap BBQ/Food for $5 and then they head out to the clubs most nights as well. Hostel is within 5/10mins of the main strip and bus station, offering a shuttle bus too. Staff are really friendly and make it a welcoming place. Only downsides were the showers felt like watering cans and not any private lockers in the rooms.

Friendly staff and easily accessible from the centre. Also very easy to meet people. Cleanliness was average though and security not great due to no safety lockers.

• 27th Jan 2015

Great hostel, the apartment I was in was all female and had full length mirrors, hair dryers and straighteners!! the kitchen was clean and pretty well equipped though I barely used it as there is cheap food at the hostel pretty much every evening. it's a really social hostel due largely to being byo and the activities every evening (mostly drinking games)

View all Surfers Paradise Hostels