Sleeping Inn Backpackers Reviews

26 Peninsular Drive, Surfers Paradise, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Couldnt ask for anything more for the price i paid. Bed was comfortable, loads of free stuff and they took us out to a nightclub as well. Me and my friends will come back again for Gold Coast holidays!

• 25th Feb 2015

Thanks for your review. Happy to hear our brand new mattresses are as comfy as they look! We look forward to having you and your friends back with us in the future!

Excellent location just a few minutes walk to everything you need. Felt more like a villa than a hostel with a private bedroom and living room/kitchen. Great for the price! Only downside is lack of wifi in the rooms. Highly recommend this place!

Thanks for your kind words. We try to give the best we can for the lowest price we can and its great that you had a good time. Enjoy the rest of your travels in Oz!

Good little hostel with plenty going on every night with cheap BBQ/Food for $5 and then they head out to the clubs most nights as well. Hostel is within 5/10mins of the main strip and bus station, offering a shuttle bus too. Staff are really friendly and make it a welcoming place. Only downsides were the showers felt like watering cans and not any private lockers in the rooms.

Friendly staff and easily accessible from the centre. Also very easy to meet people. Cleanliness was average though and security not great due to no safety lockers.

• 27th Jan 2015

Great hostel, the apartment I was in was all female and had full length mirrors, hair dryers and straighteners!! the kitchen was clean and pretty well equipped though I barely used it as there is cheap food at the hostel pretty much every evening. it's a really social hostel due largely to being byo and the activities every evening (mostly drinking games)

Great spot to stay and very close to Cavill Ave!!! Apartment rooms were clean and staff were very friendly.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Hi Thank you so much for leaving your positive feedback. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We couldn't wish for more :) We wish you all the best for the rest of your travels and your trip home. Hope to see you one day again! The Sleeping Inn Team

I appreciated your initiative, like go to disco and organize dinner together

Hi Thank you very much for taking the time to write a few lines. It was lovely to meet you and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time here at the Sleeping Inn. We hope you have a blast whilst continuing your travels in Australia The Sleeping Inn Team

What a fun place to stay. I really enjoyed the Christmas day pool party and how easy it was to connect with fellow people at this hostel.

Nice hostel! Staff was very friendly and enthusiastic about the activities in the hostel. Female appartment was really nice. A lot of mirrors, hairdryers and straightners. It feels like you are in a appartment with friends. And free breakfast! Matrassas were very tin with a hole in de middle, horrible for your back. But that is the only bad comment I can come up with. Enjoyed my stay very much!

Thank you so much for the kind words :) I am very happy to let you know that we replaced all the old mattresses for brand new ones. Hopefully you can come back one day and see for yourself. I wish you all the best for the rest of your time in Australia and hope you have a blast! The Sleeping Inn Team

The fridge was not working. The shower was very bad. The beds are for nothing, very small and just a tiny old mattress. The room was really small and really hot. The wifi was really slow and most of the time not working. The staff was friendly but we wouldn't go there again.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

Hi , I am very disappointed you chose not to say anything to me directly after the many times we spoke at reception and around the hostel. I did not once notice that you had such a bad time nor did I get told that something was wrong with your room.The fridge was not broken and the bathroom was cleaned every day. I would like to say that we have replaced all mattresses for brand new ones and have perfect new free WiFi. Contact me for a free night to avail of all the goodies. Good luck :)

We were in a private room, and left our passports/ personal documents in there as we left for the day. We locked the door when we left, and came back to it wide open. Luckily nothing was missing, but a staff member who emptied our garbage could have really caused some damage. Not okay. Also, there were no blinds in our room and people from other rooms could see directly into our room 24/7. We had to use our sheets as curtains. The bathroom was dirty and all three of our fans were broken.

• 20th Dec 2014

Hi, We are very sorry you had to experience the door being left open. We can only apologise 100 times and continuously remind and retrain all our staff to remember the essential parts of the job. Please contact me if you ever want to stay again on info@sleepinginn.com.au free of charge. I am sure we can convince you that we always have the best interest in heart and would like to see you leaving with a smile next time. All the best for your travels! The Sleeping Inn Team

Nice appartment like rooms with own bathroom and kitchen. Great atmosphere, pretty close to the city center and free wifi in de lounge! Only con is that the rooms don't have airco.

Hi, Thank you very much for your review :) We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It can get a little hot during the Australian summer. We are only a small family run Backpacker Hostel and do believe it is sufficient to provide fans in all rooms and installing aircon in 20 different apartments would fall outside our budget. We appreciate your feedback and could only hope you may like to visit again at a cooler time of the year. We wish you all the best! The Sleeping Inn

No Common Room, only Common Area Outside (at least under Kind of a Roof), really nervracking that you have to give a deposit for everything, each fork, knife,... Has it's own deposit. A bit rediciluous . But nevertheless a nice hostel . Would stay there again.

Hi, I am a little confused about your review..you may have mixed something up :) Your room is an apartment with a spacious sitting area. You also have a massive undercover terrace with picnic tables to hang out. We have a huge common room downstairs. You only pay $20 key dep at the start which is connected to the kitchen pack and never once have we charged anything for a lost fork! Really not such a strict thing :) I do appreciate the time you took to write the review. Take care!

We really enjoyed staying there. The dorms are nice and clean! Pickup at the bus is arranged, which is nice.

Thank you very much for your kind words. We always try to meet all our guests needs and are happy to hear that we succeeded :) It was lovely meeting you and we hope you have the best time during the rest of your travels in Australia. The Sleeping Inn Team

Really good location. Wifi is ok. Basic breakfast. Good dorms but beds a little noisy. Recommend this hostel

Thank you so much for leaving your positive review. Such a shame you couldn't stay a little longer. It was our pleasure having you here. We are glad you liked the short walk to town/ beach. We are aware that the free WiFi can be a little slow at times and hope to have it improved for everyone by the beginning of the new year. We are sorry about the inconvenience it has caused. We wish you all the best for the rest of your travels. Take care! The Sleeping Inn Team

1 2 Next » last »