Sleepy Lion Hostel, Youth Hotel & Apartments Reviews

Jacobstr. 1, 04105 Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany

Everything was great. Highly recomended!

I loved this hostel. The staff is friendly and helpful, the beds are very comfortable, the rooms are big, and the patio is cozy. When I stayed it was pretty quiet, not a party place but relaxed and wonderful. I only wish the rooms had individual lights for each bed because it's all or nothing with the lights at night. But otherwise this is perfect and I would stay there again and recommend it to my friends. It's an easy walking distance to the town center.

Main disadvantege: some of the rooms (liko the one I've been to) are close to the main street- very noisy. On the other hand, very close to the city center and to public transportation.

Providing hand towels and a small bar of soap would have been nice considering the room charges. If not a towel, some sort of soap at least.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • India

The staff at the check in was quiet unfriendly, but the hostel itself was great!

Only stayed here one night, but it was pleasant and convenient--no complaints at all.

Solid place to stay very good location and value. Just no soap in the washrooms which I thought was absolutely a horrendous thing. If you're stopping in Liepzig I'd recommend it still.

10 people to 1 toilet is just ridiculous. Other than that, all is fine.

The breakfast was a bit poor. I expected a bit more, but anyway it was ok. The room was excelent, staff friendly, location awesome.

• 13th May 2014

Great hostel, very nice and helpful staff and everything was spotlessly clean! It is located quietly enough to allow a good night's sleep whilst it is only a 5-minute- walk to the heart of the city! Would definitely go there again!

The room had a modern en suite bathroom, which was great. Facilities seem new and are clean, and the hostel is located within walking distance to the Hauptbahnhoff and Markt, and is even across the street from a mall. The staff was professional, but seemed a bit weary of dealing with lots of travelers. It isn't the cheapest, either, but neither is Leipzig. I would stay here again, but probably in a dorm - given the price of a single room here it might be worth splurging for a nice hotel nearby.

The young man there was very helpful in helping me by a bus ticket on line. it was difficult for me since i don read or write german.

Only in germany you can get so good value for this kind of money. Very clean place in city center an briliant stuff.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Poland

It took about 10 minutes from Leipzig to the hostel ! I think if you have big bag , you should use tram. Except for it, this hostel was very good!! Breakfast was good (I am Japanese, So if you are Japanese or Asian, you can eat it !).