Sleepy Lion Hostel, Youth Hotel & Apartments Reviews

Jacobstr. 1, 04105 Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany

Nice modern hostel. But it is not good that you can open only a very small window. If someone smells, it´s bad. At their homepage they write that all baths are inside of the rooms. That is not true. At some rooms it is outside :-(

My first time in Leipzig :) a nice and an awesome city... The hostel was looked like a 3stars hotel and it was great, staff was friendly, clean, 1min away from the heart of the city :) I'm definitely coming back in spring :) grate hostel 👌🍻🙃🤘

A great option in Leipzig, nice and the place looks really new. Quite near to the main station and the city center is just a jump away. Atmosphere in the common area was good although everybody was using its electronic equipment. I don't usually write reviews because it´s boring but I highly recommend this place

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Switzerland

Loved the location, look, and security of the place - didn't like the lack of common space, plug ins, and general atmosphere for backpacking travellers coming through. As far as a bed to sleep, great place to stay! just don't expect anything above the basics. AND DONT BUY THE BREAKFAST - four euros for bad toast. not worth it.

I really enjoyed my time here. It was very close, within walking distance, to the central market area and perfectly placed for visiting the city. I walked the entire time I was there. I stayed in an 8-bed room but actually ended up in a smaller 2-person room within the 8-bed room. This would have been fine if I had been traveling with someone I knew, but I was traveling alone, so I ended up with some guy I didn't know. Luckily, he was nice and it was fine. The Wifi is a bit temperamental.

Rooms were nice and clean. Thankfully it was quiet and I had a whole 4 bed dorm to myself, which was a pleasure after a poor couple of nights in previous hostels with inconsiderate roommates. Good dinner recommendation from the girl on the desk at night. Staff were otherwise ok. Atmosphere was pretty poor. Breakfast was mediocre but only cost 4EUR.

great hostel. unfortunately I had a bad group of Australian dormmates who were loud and had no respect for other people when they came back early in the morning drunk. everything else about the hostel was great. just be careful of idiot Australians in groups

All in all a pretty good place to stay. The rooms are clean and the location is decent, too. Sadly the interior doesn't have much character and I've been to hostels that were a lot cozier. But if you're just there for sleeping, it's absolutely fine. The day I checked out the staff lady was very rude, though.

• 24th Sep 2015

Very clean. Friendly staff. Very good hostel!

I stayed in the ten person dorm. It was broken up into smaller areas where people slept. I think , there were 5 outlets for the entire 10 person dorm. That is a bit ridiculous nowadays with all the electronics people charge The hostel was nice but it seemed to be run more like a business than a place to kick back and relax. I understand the need for that, but the atmosphere suffered greatly. Nothing was particularly bad, just did not enjoy the feeling of the place.

Just a short walk from the main station and really easy to find. Helpful and friendly staff, clean and all other things you expect from a good rated hostel. It is definitely worth to visit a second time.

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Hungary

An extremely nice place with all the amenities to make it feel like home. A lot of small details made my stay very comfortable.

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Norway

Nice hostel experience! The guy at the reception was great and even did an upgrade to my room for free! The breakfast is cheap and good, the dormitory had space and a bathroom. The only thing I didn't like was the trams noise at night.