Sleepy Lion Hostel, Youth Hotel & Apartments Reviews

Jacobstr. 1, 04105 Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany

Really nice, well-run hostel. Plenty of space and really well located (ten minute walk to centre, main station). Very clean

I've had better breakfast besides that great location, clean and with the basics.

I love this place. It is very clean n convienance.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very friendly staff, great! I just think that the room 206 giving on the big street is pretty noisy...

Clean and confortable hostel; big room and good services. The hostel is close to the main train station and to the centre, so you can reach both by walking. Pay attention only on these things: - female receptionist are unkind - you have to pay also bed sheets (it was not clear when we booked, and this cost wasn't on the booking document - very strange) - they did not give us the receipt of payement

• 15th Aug 2014

Everything was great. Highly recomended!

I loved this hostel. The staff is friendly and helpful, the beds are very comfortable, the rooms are big, and the patio is cozy. When I stayed it was pretty quiet, not a party place but relaxed and wonderful. I only wish the rooms had individual lights for each bed because it's all or nothing with the lights at night. But otherwise this is perfect and I would stay there again and recommend it to my friends. It's an easy walking distance to the town center.

It is more like a family hostel! If you wants to meet people, this may not your chose. However, if you just want a great night and great room, there is fantastic.

A great place to sleep for a couple nights. There's not a great deal going on at the hostel, especially in the evening, but that's not necessarily a criticism as it all depends what kind of trip you're on and what you're looking for. Personally, I'd have liked a more upbeat atmosphere and more interaction between staff & guests, but that's just me.

Main disadvantege: some of the rooms (liko the one I've been to) are close to the main street- very noisy. On the other hand, very close to the city center and to public transportation.

Providing hand towels and a small bar of soap would have been nice considering the room charges. If not a towel, some sort of soap at least.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • India

The staff at the check in was quiet unfriendly, but the hostel itself was great!

Only stayed here one night, but it was pleasant and convenient--no complaints at all.

Solid place to stay very good location and value. Just no soap in the washrooms which I thought was absolutely a horrendous thing. If you're stopping in Liepzig I'd recommend it still.

10 people to 1 toilet is just ridiculous. Other than that, all is fine.

The breakfast was a bit poor. I expected a bit more, but anyway it was ok. The room was excelent, staff friendly, location awesome.

• 13th May 2014