Sleepy Lion Hostel, Youth Hotel & Apartments Reviews

Jacobstr. 1, 04105 Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany

Great place to stay , as lean as any hotel the bathroom was very private and i loved the atmosphere! Definitely will come again ! You have to make your own bed which was a little strange but it's now a problem with the great price.

• 24th May 2015

A very nice hostel, clean and always helpful staff around. I´ll come back some day!

• 17th May 2015

Location was awesome! Really close to the Altstadt. There wasn't much in terms of socialization between guests, but I did meet a couple of people in my room, but had I not met them, it would have been hard to meet people there.

The Sleepy Lion Hostel is located within 5 minutes walking distance from Leipzig´s main station. I found a clean and spacious room, friendly and helpful staff and a nice “all you can eat” breakfast in the morning. In any case a very good choice!

• 10th May 2015
  • Switzerland

I traveled around the world and slept in many different places. The Sleepy Lion belongs surely to my own top ten list. An amazing buliding, nice staff and well located!

• 5th May 2015

The rooms with their individual bathrooms are new and clean but there is no real atmosphere because it is too big and welcomes many groups. The location is rather good though. The breakfast buffet is just ok. In short, a practical but not memorable hostel.

A cool place! Certainly not perfect but quite close to it.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Chile

I had a lovely stay at Sleepy Lion! Granted, I was the only person in a 6-bed room, but I would've still enjoyed it if it were full. Amazing location - everything within walking distance, even if Karli is a tad far.

There is nothing to complain about. The Staff is doing a good job and the hostel itself is a great place!

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Really enjoyed our stay at the Sleepy Lion. Only had a chance to stay one night but the rooms were nice and beds pretty comfortable. My only negative comment would be the charge for breakfast. Seemed a little high to charge four euros for merely toast and cereal.

Sweet hostel and everything seems to be in a good condition. My room was spacious, clean and I really liked the paintings. All you can eat breakfast for 4,00 EUR was a good deal as well.

I loved it here. Only stayed one night in Leipzig, so it was handy to have a hostel right in the centre of Leipzig. Really great location only 1 stop from the bus and train stations. Rooms are spacious and have security lockers inside. There's also free WiFi everywhere. Actually There wasn't much to critisize. I'd stay here again but would probably count in some more days for the city next time.

The place is really cool and almost like a hotel. Clean, safe and in an amazing and very central location. The reception staff are super helpful and are the best people to ask for any tips on what to do whether it be for sightseeing or partying in the best clubs of Leipzig. As a solo traveller the atmosphere was very friendly.

• 25th Feb 2015

Very central hostel (like two minute walk from the central station). It was nice and proper.

staff are'nt nice. there isnt an hostel atmosphre.. but also not an hotel atmosphre... more like a pharmecy atmosphre.. i wish they will swich the music at night to something calm and not rock

It was great! Very clean, nice staff. What a great place to stay!

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

I was there for a week and I had some personal problems, but the staff has always helped me with everything I needed.

It is a great location, close to the central train station and all the sites. Upon arrival the reception wasn't the most helpful, juts checked me in and gave my sheets and sent me on my way. No information about the facilities, wifi, whats in the area like food or supermarket. But other than that the hostel was okay, the rooms were very large and clean. There is no kitchen, just a microwave and a water boiler.

The hostel is just 5 walking minutes from the city center and the main train station away. Breakfast is nothing special but a normal hostel breakfast. The atmosphere could be improved. It's not a party hostel. There is neither a bar nor a music in the foyer. Wlan is for free and available on the rooms! All in all a good hostel with missing atmosphere.

Everything was good. Nothing to complain about