Sleepy Lion Hostel, Youth Hotel & Apartments Reviews

Jacobstr. 1, 04105 Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany

The location is perfect, close to the central station.the dorm was not particularly big but it was clean and with shower and bathroom inside. The Wi Fi was fast and the dining room was very nice..although the lack of a proper kitchen (only microwave and water boiler) was a big minus . However, I would stay here again

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I was glad to see the 10 bed dorm room was split in three separate parts. However, the room itself wasn't clean. Flocks of dust everywhere and the bathroom was just average. I would have liked to see that it would have been cleaned properly, also under the beds. I was surprised to hear there were no bathroom (shower) facilities outside of the rooms. That would have been a nice addition to the facilities the hostel offers. The free WiFi was good.

Hi, I am very sorry to hear that there were problems with the cleanliness during your stay. We will try to clear what was the reason for that since all rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and overall clean rooms are very important for us. So, sorry for that. All of our rooms are ensuite, which means that e.g. in a 10 bed room you only have to share the bathroom with max. 9 other people and not with 30. And in a 4 bed room you only share with 3 instead of 30 ;-) Cindy

Really nice, well-run hostel. Plenty of space and really well located (ten minute walk to centre, main station). Very clean

Nice place to stay and explore the city

I've had better breakfast besides that great location, clean and with the basics.

I love this place. It is very clean n convienance.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very friendly staff, great! I just think that the room 206 giving on the big street is pretty noisy...

Clean and confortable hostel; big room and good services. The hostel is close to the main train station and to the centre, so you can reach both by walking. Pay attention only on these things: - female receptionist are unkind - you have to pay also bed sheets (it was not clear when we booked, and this cost wasn't on the booking document - very strange) - they did not give us the receipt of payement

• 15th Aug 2014

Hi, If you want a receipt, you can always ask for it and we print it out for you. But without asking, you don't automatically get a receipt. That wouldn't be very eco-friendly. Feel free to write us an email though, and we can send it to you by mail. In our hostelworld description we clearly state that bed sheets are 2.50 € extra per person per stay, you even have that information on your confirmation. So, there is no need to be surprised. All info given in advance.

Everything was great. Highly recomended!

I loved this hostel. The staff is friendly and helpful, the beds are very comfortable, the rooms are big, and the patio is cozy. When I stayed it was pretty quiet, not a party place but relaxed and wonderful. I only wish the rooms had individual lights for each bed because it's all or nothing with the lights at night. But otherwise this is perfect and I would stay there again and recommend it to my friends. It's an easy walking distance to the town center.

It is more like a family hostel! If you wants to meet people, this may not your chose. However, if you just want a great night and great room, there is fantastic.

A great place to sleep for a couple nights. There's not a great deal going on at the hostel, especially in the evening, but that's not necessarily a criticism as it all depends what kind of trip you're on and what you're looking for. Personally, I'd have liked a more upbeat atmosphere and more interaction between staff & guests, but that's just me.

Main disadvantege: some of the rooms (liko the one I've been to) are close to the main street- very noisy. On the other hand, very close to the city center and to public transportation.

Providing hand towels and a small bar of soap would have been nice considering the room charges. If not a towel, some sort of soap at least.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • India

The staff at the check in was quiet unfriendly, but the hostel itself was great!