Sleepy Lion Hostel, Youth Hotel & Apartments Reviews

Jacobstr. 1, 04105 Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany

Nice hostel experience! The guy at the reception was great and even did an upgrade to my room for free! The breakfast is cheap and good, the dormitory had space and a bathroom. The only thing I didn't like was the trams noise at night.

Great location, great facilities, wifi was a little spotty but there are free computers down stairs. Close to main train / bus stations and town centre. Very clean room and very secure. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Best choice for a short-term stay. Central located, clean, safe and always some friendly staff around.

• 27th Jul 2015

The wifi never worked in my room which would have been nice but aside from that I quite enjoyed the place.

No. This hostel is not winning. Apart from the location there's not much going for it. It feels old and creepy. Zero atmosphere. 90% of people in my 10 bed dorm were over the age of 45. I was the only one sitting in the common area on all 4 days I was there. The kitchen isn't a kitchen. It's a sink, microwave and a kettle so your cooking options are limited. The staff were nice but not overly helpful. I wouldn't stay here again.

The hostel itself was quite basic, but it had everything that you needed. It has a small fridge for guests in the small guest kitchen. The rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable. The staff was always helpful, too. My main issue was the age of most of the guests. Herds of teenagers and gap-year idiots. One group of such said idiots kept the entire property awake until 4am, being so loud in their room, until I had to tell them the shut up. The staff were also angry about their behavior haha

I liked my stay here. The staff was great, and the facilities were really nice.

Really helpful staff and great location! Struggled to get wifi working which was frustrating. Kitchen facilities but no cooker. There wasn't much of an atmosphere as peopel didn't seem to sit in the dining area much. Clean hostel though and hot showers.

Everything is good but the locker is too small for even my backpack..

Great place to stay , as lean as any hotel the bathroom was very private and i loved the atmosphere! Definitely will come again ! You have to make your own bed which was a little strange but it's now a problem with the great price.

• 24th May 2015

Staff spoke english well. They were very hesitant to offer multiple day bookings due to "festival season", wich was fare, but the hoestel was no where near booked out.

A very nice hostel, clean and always helpful staff around. I´ll come back some day!

• 17th May 2015

Location was awesome! Really close to the Altstadt. There wasn't much in terms of socialization between guests, but I did meet a couple of people in my room, but had I not met them, it would have been hard to meet people there.

The Sleepy Lion Hostel is located within 5 minutes walking distance from Leipzig´s main station. I found a clean and spacious room, friendly and helpful staff and a nice “all you can eat” breakfast in the morning. In any case a very good choice!

• 10th May 2015
  • Switzerland

I traveled around the world and slept in many different places. The Sleepy Lion belongs surely to my own top ten list. An amazing buliding, nice staff and well located!

• 5th May 2015

The rooms with their individual bathrooms are new and clean but there is no real atmosphere because it is too big and welcomes many groups. The location is rather good though. The breakfast buffet is just ok. In short, a practical but not memorable hostel.

A cool place! Certainly not perfect but quite close to it.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Chile

I had a lovely stay at Sleepy Lion! Granted, I was the only person in a 6-bed room, but I would've still enjoyed it if it were full. Amazing location - everything within walking distance, even if Karli is a tad far.

There is nothing to complain about. The Staff is doing a good job and the hostel itself is a great place!

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Really enjoyed our stay at the Sleepy Lion. Only had a chance to stay one night but the rooms were nice and beds pretty comfortable. My only negative comment would be the charge for breakfast. Seemed a little high to charge four euros for merely toast and cereal.