Sleepy Lion Hostel, Youth Hotel & Apartments Reviews

Jacobstr. 1, 04105 Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany

A cool place! Certainly not perfect but quite close to it.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Chile

I had a lovely stay at Sleepy Lion! Granted, I was the only person in a 6-bed room, but I would've still enjoyed it if it were full. Amazing location - everything within walking distance, even if Karli is a tad far.

There is nothing to complain about. The Staff is doing a good job and the hostel itself is a great place!

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Really enjoyed our stay at the Sleepy Lion. Only had a chance to stay one night but the rooms were nice and beds pretty comfortable. My only negative comment would be the charge for breakfast. Seemed a little high to charge four euros for merely toast and cereal.

Sweet hostel and everything seems to be in a good condition. My room was spacious, clean and I really liked the paintings. All you can eat breakfast for 4,00 EUR was a good deal as well.

I loved it here. Only stayed one night in Leipzig, so it was handy to have a hostel right in the centre of Leipzig. Really great location only 1 stop from the bus and train stations. Rooms are spacious and have security lockers inside. There's also free WiFi everywhere. Actually There wasn't much to critisize. I'd stay here again but would probably count in some more days for the city next time.

The place is really cool and almost like a hotel. Clean, safe and in an amazing and very central location. The reception staff are super helpful and are the best people to ask for any tips on what to do whether it be for sightseeing or partying in the best clubs of Leipzig. As a solo traveller the atmosphere was very friendly.

• 25th Feb 2015

Very central hostel (like two minute walk from the central station). It was nice and proper.

staff are'nt nice. there isnt an hostel atmosphre.. but also not an hotel atmosphre... more like a pharmecy atmosphre.. i wish they will swich the music at night to something calm and not rock

It was great! Very clean, nice staff. What a great place to stay!

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

I was there for a week and I had some personal problems, but the staff has always helped me with everything I needed.

It is a great location, close to the central train station and all the sites. Upon arrival the reception wasn't the most helpful, juts checked me in and gave my sheets and sent me on my way. No information about the facilities, wifi, whats in the area like food or supermarket. But other than that the hostel was okay, the rooms were very large and clean. There is no kitchen, just a microwave and a water boiler.

The hostel is just 5 walking minutes from the city center and the main train station away. Breakfast is nothing special but a normal hostel breakfast. The atmosphere could be improved. It's not a party hostel. There is neither a bar nor a music in the foyer. Wlan is for free and available on the rooms! All in all a good hostel with missing atmosphere.

Everything was good. Nothing to complain about

Overall and ok hostel. The location is great and it's quite clean. Its a little wierd as it feels like it's trying to be a small hotel as well. If you're a solo traveller I don't recommend this hostel, it's hard to meet people and the common area is mainly used for large school groups. If you're looking for something calm and a good sleep, this is the place.

it was okei, is not like you are going to be in that city much longer the people of the hostel were really helpful and nice!

Very friendly staff!

The location is perfect, close to the central station.the dorm was not particularly big but it was clean and with shower and bathroom inside. The Wi Fi was fast and the dining room was very nice..although the lack of a proper kitchen (only microwave and water boiler) was a big minus . However, I would stay here again

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I was glad to see the 10 bed dorm room was split in three separate parts. However, the room itself wasn't clean. Flocks of dust everywhere and the bathroom was just average. I would have liked to see that it would have been cleaned properly, also under the beds. I was surprised to hear there were no bathroom (shower) facilities outside of the rooms. That would have been a nice addition to the facilities the hostel offers. The free WiFi was good.

Hi, I am very sorry to hear that there were problems with the cleanliness during your stay. We will try to clear what was the reason for that since all rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and overall clean rooms are very important for us. So, sorry for that. All of our rooms are ensuite, which means that e.g. in a 10 bed room you only have to share the bathroom with max. 9 other people and not with 30. And in a 4 bed room you only share with 3 instead of 30 ;-) Cindy

Really nice, well-run hostel. Plenty of space and really well located (ten minute walk to centre, main station). Very clean