Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Thank you for having a great staff and for offering the best with such a good price. I will come back to Galway and I don´t have where to stay again.

The rooms were clean and we were supplied with clean fresh linen. Lovely place to stay with excellent friendly and helpful staff ! Upgraded us to an en-suite bathroom at no extra cost ! Thanks guys !! :) I would definitely stay here again. Very good spacious kitchen and dining facilities.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in I think. Very clean, lots of common space, cool people around to talk to, most of the staff was super friendly, rooms weren't cramped even though there were many beds in the room. I had a great time! Only negative about the rooms was that there was not a locker for each bed, only one wardrobe and lockers down by reception which did not come equipped with locks.

Great staff and a nice room. For the price there are no complaints to be had!

This was one of the best hostels we have stayed at. For the location, the value for money was incredible. I haven't found a hostel this cheap in Europe yet. And everything is included! Brilliant kitchen space and even a lidl down the road. Even on a Tuesday night there was a lot happening in the town. Had a ball. Can't wait to return!

Rooms can be stuffy, but you can't beat that price! 2nd time staying here, and can't wait to stay again :-)

The hostel is great, and only had a problem because someone took my bed while I was out but they changed the room. I suggest they book the bed too on the check-in and that's all. The facilities are amazing, there's everything for free, breakfast, coffe all day, tv, books, games, magazines, computers, hair dryers and the location is 5 minutes from all the important places, even the bus station. I love it!

The staff seem a bit anti-banter. When we checked in, we were cracking a few jokes about their rules. (You are not allowed to bring anyone back to hostel who isn't a hostel guest) I said, "But what if she is really hot?" My mates and I laughed but nothing from the staff member behind the desk. When we had to pay the 25E deposit, my mate handed over the 25E and said "Best get my 25 euro's worth out of the room" in which again we all laughed except for the staff member. He dislikes his job.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

best hostel i have stayed in Ireland as mobile traveller .for value for money 4 euro for last bed in 8 bed mixed now thats really good value and also facilities are awesome kitchen and dining room very comfy and two sitting rooms plenty of toilets and just well run hostel would recommend to anyone travelling and great location for people visiting Galway

• 15th Jan 2015

Great stay in a very good central location. The staff were very friendly and there didnt seem to be any issue with late arrival. I missed my check out time as well but that was ok so they seemed very relaxed but professional. Clean beds and room, shower was cold due to some fault with the heating system so that was a downer but on the greater scheme of things, an awesome stay with great staff!

• 9th Jan 2015

Can't wait to return

Will be back to stay very soon. Great atmosphere and very affordable!

Great location, very clean and very reasonable rates. We had a 4 bed room with an en suite. Very close to eyre sq and lidl is only 2 mins walk for groceries. Only downside was other guests in the corridors speaking loudly at 3am and 5am waking us during the night, not the hostels fault.

• 6th Jan 2015

One troubling aspect I had with the hostel was the locker room. I entered the hostel by someone holding the door for me, and the locker room was wide open. The receptionist was not paying attention, and I could have taken anything. The locker room should be locked at all times! Otherwise, the hostel was fantastic.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Excellent place to stay in galway! the girls at reception were very helpfull and pleasant!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Sleepzone was great. I stayed over New Year's Eve and I have to commend the staff because if I were them, I would have hated everyone for all the messes and noise and obnoxious behavior. The staff was calm and cleaned up after everyone and was still smiling the next day. The location of the hostel is great--very close to the center of Galway. It's convenient to do tours through the hostel as you get picked up right at the door for the Cliffs of Moher and Connemara Tours.

I wish that is no restrictions on days you could stay

Quite a nice hostle. Friendly Stuff

The thing with the cleanliness was that 'there was no handwash or soap to use for the bathroom. I need to wash my hands with soap.

• 26th Dec 2014

Very small breakfast, too light.... But everything else was perfect, I loved this hostel, really. Thank you so much ! I spent one of my better Christmas so far. The place is so nice and cosy with many small areas to rest, talk, meet people, play music, study, read, play a game... The staff was perfect, really kind, helpful, smily.

• 26th Dec 2014