Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Was only here one night, but it as very clean, the staff were all great, and there were several places to hang out. The location is right in the city centre which made getting around asy

Hostel was good craic and the staff were great. Mike on the night shift was sound throughout and the French girl (sorry for forgetting your name) was a star. We will probably be back in a few months again.

• 17th Apr 2015

It was a decent hostel for a one night stay.

• 10th Apr 2015

good location. frendly staffs. and really clean. If I go to the Galway , I'll stay here again.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Everything was great, the kitchen is new and spotless. Several smaller living rooms, and a nice in-house library. My only criticism was the night porter who was smoking from the entrance to the building. You could smell the cigarettes from the lounge. I was not impressed. Great besides that.

• 9th Apr 2015

Great Hostel with great staff! I really have no complaints with this place. Breakfast was just bread and jam but thats pretty average for most hostels. Bus tours pick up at this door every morning for the Cliffs of Moher and Connemara :)

• 8th Apr 2015
  • kyergler

Perfect stay!!

we were in a room with only a skylight 15 feet above. In the even of a fire where the stairwell is blocked we are dead. you need to review this.

• 4th Apr 2015

It a good hostal. I recommend It!

I have stayed here before and will stay again. As long as I can avoid the groups of French students!

Great sized room (was in a 4-bed ensuite), plenty of space for everyone. Same applies to the kitchen area - very spacious, clean and well set-out. Staff were great. Very knowledgeable about the area and were able to easily answer any queries.

• 3rd Apr 2015

One of the cleanest hostels I have ever been to. Nice to have breakfast included. Kitchen facilities were totally clean and fully equipped. Even towels were included in the price. The only thing which would have been great if it would be possible to tip the window.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Everything was very good, only the breakfast was the very minimum.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay last time we were there. This time was basically the same, same lovely helpful staff and clean well kept rooms but the overreactions of the security for miniscule "noise complaints" such as polite knocking on doors and letting doors shut themselves put a dampner on our visit as we were constantly watched to the point we were given noise complaints for when one person was in the room quietly reading. I would definitely reccomend the hostel but for the mental security.

• 2nd Apr 2015

After a short and easy five minute walk from the bus station I was received by the most friendly and helpful people I've met in Ireland. I felt very well taken care of and safe. The facilities were great! Comfy couches and lounges, free wifi, social kitchen area with lots of other backpackers to talk to. Bathrooms were very clean and well kept and I had respectful roommates. They also offered a day tour to the Cliffs for only €20 and it was a highlight of my trip. I can't wait to go back!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Great value of money when I booked it one week before, 15€ for a bed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. But it became too expensive when I extended it one more night during the weekend, 25€. Excellent is too mild a word to describe the service level. Very personal warm service... I was only there for 2 days, but I feel that they are my hosts instead of hostel staffs.

• Singapore

Some menbers of the staff very proffesional while others lacking basic customer skills. People allowed to smoke right in the very entrance of the building. No manager in the premises when required. Very noisy during the night. People very noisy drinking and slaming, with loud music in rooms. Some door im the rooms not up to standars producing very loud and disturbing noises in the morning.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Spain

Sleepzone is a great hostel! Super friendly staff and a great location in Galway! It's very close to everything there. Pros: 24-hour reception, free towels, you don't have to make the bed, international plugs in the common areas. Breakfast is just toast, tea, and coffee, but it's free, so that's nice. There's also the whole self-service kitchen. I stayed at their hostels in the Burren and Connemara, both of which are also nice.

During our 10 day trip along the south-west coast of Ireland we stayed, among others, in the Sleepzone Hostel in Galway. It was a very nice stay. The clean, open kitchen was perfect to cook a meal after a long journey. The staff was friendly and gave us tips to local pubs and events. The mixed dorm, where we stayed, was clean and WiFi was available in our room. The breakfast consists of toast and marmelade. All in all we can recommend this hostel if you're staying in Galway.

• 26th Mar 2015

Enjoyed my first stay in Ireland at the Sleepzone, was comfortable as I could be. Wish there were lockers in the room to lock up your bag. Also had an issue with the enquire bathroom toilet not flushing but it wasn't a problem just an annoyance. Otherwise great stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7