Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

We booked an private 4 bedroom ensuite. It was wonderful. 4 women traveling from USA. We all were amazed at the comfort and cleanliness. We chose this location as it was quieter than the other hostels on the square. Everything was perfect. Only negative I found while in Ireland was the hostels and hotels have highest fees on exchange rates. Stick with the banks. Both private and hall bathrooms were very clean.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • All Female Group, 41+

Fantastic to hear that you had such a good time at Sleepzone. Thank you for the great feedback, we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels!

All five star especially the staff I have stayed in sleepzone Galway three times and the staff are second to none :-)

• 9th Jan 2016

You are very welcome. Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Helpful staff. Nice kitchen. Clean. Central.

Wonderful place to stay! Loved meeting so many amazing and interesting people!

• 5th Jan 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. Fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay and met some great people also, that's exactly what Sleepzone hostels are about. Happy travels and we hope to see you again.

Free bags of tea would be brilliant. Thank you

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Thanks for your feedback. Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We offer complimentary tea, coffee, sugar and milk all day in our communal kitchen. Enjoy!

No complaints what so ever. I've stayed here a few times before..im currently looking for a place too rent here in Galway which is taking some time but great too have this place too relax, sleep and meet new people. 5 stars :)

• 4th Jan 2016

Fantastic to hear you that you find Sleepzone a great place to chill out and meet new people. We look forward to seeing you again.

English and Spanish Excellent, everything was perfect, awesome staff, the residents were very nice guys, the security is just amazing, they have safety doors and lockerz, you need a guest card to open everything so really good. I put 4 stars on hygiene cuz I'm a bit extremist in this subject which is normal to be using a toilet with so many. Excelente, seguridad super buena con puertas trancadas, se necesitan tarjetas para acceder a todos lados, personal increíble, muy buena onda en general.

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Spain

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. Glad to hear that you loved our hostel and staff. We appreciate the great feedback. Best wishes for the future, and hope to see you again.

Very excellent, i recommande it !

• 30th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for the great feedback. We hope to welcome you back at some point in the future!

it is a very good place to stay, everything is clean and tidy the staff is friendly and it has many facilities and spacious common areas and very comfortable.

Thank you for the great feedback! We wish you well for the future.

I was staying 2nd floor six female dorm en suit room. The bathroom inside the room is quit small and the space for the room is not enough for six people with big backpack or suitcase. The location is great near city center and coach station. The wifi connection is good overall. The reception is awesome.

Thank you for taking the time to give us some thoughtful feedback. Some of our 6-bed dorms are smaller than others, I'm sorry if you found space was restricted in that particular room. Great to hear that you liked our reception and our location. Best wishes for the future!

Overall a good stay with Sleepzone Galway. The room was tidy and the toiletwas clean. It's 5 minutes walk from the town centre. The only problem is that there is only 2 available power outlet in our room - which had 6 beds. Other than that, I would really suggest the hostel to others as it is the cheapest with good facilities. Keep it up and thanks for having us!

You are very welcome and thank you for your thoughtful feedback. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We are in the process of updating the power outlets in our dorms, some have already been fully fitted. We hope to see you again in the future.

The hostel is very good but they need to watch the staff throwing away guest food because they cost me over 15 euro for my food that was thrown in to the bin . But I kept it in the cupboard it's has no expiry date and it was properly labelled.

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you had some of your food discarded. To maintain hygiene and maximum storage space for guests, our housekeepers try their best to keep the kitchen free from out of date food, and any excess food left by departed guests. If your food was still fresh and labelled correctly, it should not have been discarded - and we apologise if this was not the case. Great to hear that overall you were happy with your stay and we hope to see you again.

Lovely, clean hostel, helpful staff.

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to welcome you back in the future! Best wishes.

The best hostel in Galway to stay in.

Thanks for the great feedback! We would love to welcome you back in the future.

To be clear staff was amazing. My room however was less than amazing. First there was two outlets in the room for 8 people. One was above a top bunk that was not my own. The second was in the middle for the other 7 people to use!?! Second the room was extremely cold, it might have been from the old sky light. Third the shower! You have a button to push to start the water and it times out in 15 seconds. It's similar to an old public and sink. The shower was also clogged. Breakfast was toast only.

We appreciate your feedback, and are sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay. We are currently updating all our rooms, and some dorms have already had additional sockets installed. Heating is operated by timer, and there is a thermostat control on the wall for guest use. Our showers have a water saving device in place, which is quite common in hostels. The breakfast is basic during off-season when room rates are discounted, and consists of toast, spreads,tea,coffee & milk

The first thing I noticed about room was that it smelled like pee. I'm still not sure where it came from. The second night, a man who wasn't even staying at the hostel made it through the security door into the stairwell and then somehow made it into our room workout a key card. This man was stark naked and under the influence of something, and proceeded to try to climb into my bed. We got him out of the room, but the hostel didn't even report the incident, according to the police the next day.

I’m sorry to hear that your stay was disrupted in such a way, we take such incidents very seriously. Unfortunately the man came back with a group staying in the hostel who let him upstairs. All of our dorms have key card locks for security, and he could not have gained access to a room without the door being left ajar. Our night porter took the appropriate action and evicted the man from the property. Such occurrences are not common, and we do sincerely apologise for any distress caused.

I really enjoyed my time there. Most of the staff were friendly except 1.

• 9th Dec 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. A hostel reception can sometimes be a very busy, fast paced environment, and our staff try their best to offer a warm, friendly welcome and provide any help possible to guests. I'm sorry to hear that you feel there was one member of staff who did not do so. We wish you well for the future and would love to welcome you back anytime.

Extremely well maintained. Receptionist Donna was so helpful and welcoming. Not hugely social but that's not always a bad thing, just feels like the big chain hostel it is. Plentiful bathrooms

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were able to help you during your time with us. We have 2 other hostels, located in The Burren and Connemara, and aim to provide a friendly, welcoming atmosphere at all of our locations. We hope to see you again soon.

Very good location. Staff were super friendly. Loads of information for finding things to do and staff were very willing to help make plans. Has a fully equipped kitchen so you can make your own meals and store food their (save money). Lots of places to relax in the hostel. Shower was a little annoying but otherwise a great place to stay, fully recommend. 😊

Thanks for your kind comments, you're very welcome.

I love the kitchen area, fully equiped and very clean :)

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Great to hear you enjoyed our kitchen! We hope to see you again.