Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

It was a very pleasant and comfortable stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only issues I had were minor: there aren't plugs by every bed, which means you have to leave your phone or computer across the room to charge it and can't charge things overnight unless you're comfortable leaving it away from your bed. Also, there are no ledges or shelves in the bathroom, so I had to leave my stuff on the top of the toilet seat while getting ready in the morning or brushing my teeth, etc.

Great hostel ! Location and staff were top notch. Only bad thing was the fact we were charged twice. And not pre warned !

• 25th Apr 2015

It is your staff I'll remember most. Sharp, kind, always helpful, eager to smile.

The staff and the facilities were amazing compared to the price paid, what a really good surprise !

• 21st Apr 2015

The staff wasn't very knowledgeable about the area. I think the staff person was new. I was told the only way to get to Connomara was to take a tour bus. I had no idea it was the kind of tour which took all day. It was sold me to me a shuttle. There is no locker for your bags, which seems standard. You can buy a lock for 5Euros for a tiny laptop locker.

The tour is the only option until peak season. It takes a morning - but even when the regular bus runs it's two hours so not a huge difference. We have large luggage lockers for all sizes of bags - right in the lobby/reception area. Sleepzone

Was only here one night, but it as very clean, the staff were all great, and there were several places to hang out. The location is right in the city centre which made getting around asy

Hostel was good craic and the staff were great. Mike on the night shift was sound throughout and the French girl (sorry for forgetting your name) was a star. We will probably be back in a few months again.

• 17th Apr 2015

It was a decent hostel for a one night stay.

• 10th Apr 2015

good location. frendly staffs. and really clean. If I go to the Galway , I'll stay here again.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Everything was great, the kitchen is new and spotless. Several smaller living rooms, and a nice in-house library. My only criticism was the night porter who was smoking from the entrance to the building. You could smell the cigarettes from the lounge. I was not impressed. Great besides that.

• 9th Apr 2015

Great Hostel with great staff! I really have no complaints with this place. Breakfast was just bread and jam but thats pretty average for most hostels. Bus tours pick up at this door every morning for the Cliffs of Moher and Connemara :)

• 8th Apr 2015
  • kyergler

Perfect stay!!

we were in a room with only a skylight 15 feet above. In the even of a fire where the stairwell is blocked we are dead. you need to review this.

• 4th Apr 2015

The building is a modern building which complies fully with all modern fire and safety legislation. If windows must be an essential part of fire escapes then no buildings (including hotels etc) could be built more than two floors high. Escaping a fire through a windows 8 floors up hardly offers a sensible escape. Thanks for the 5/5 for ' Staff' /' Cleanliness' etc...but shouting 'Fire' like this on the Internet is quite irresponsible. The Management

It a good hostal. I recommend It!

I have stayed here before and will stay again. As long as I can avoid the groups of French students!

Great sized room (was in a 4-bed ensuite), plenty of space for everyone. Same applies to the kitchen area - very spacious, clean and well set-out. Staff were great. Very knowledgeable about the area and were able to easily answer any queries.

• 3rd Apr 2015

One of the cleanest hostels I have ever been to. Nice to have breakfast included. Kitchen facilities were totally clean and fully equipped. Even towels were included in the price. The only thing which would have been great if it would be possible to tip the window.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Everything was very good, only the breakfast was the very minimum.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay last time we were there. This time was basically the same, same lovely helpful staff and clean well kept rooms but the overreactions of the security for miniscule "noise complaints" such as polite knocking on doors and letting doors shut themselves put a dampner on our visit as we were constantly watched to the point we were given noise complaints for when one person was in the room quietly reading. I would definitely reccomend the hostel but for the mental security.

• 2nd Apr 2015

After a short and easy five minute walk from the bus station I was received by the most friendly and helpful people I've met in Ireland. I felt very well taken care of and safe. The facilities were great! Comfy couches and lounges, free wifi, social kitchen area with lots of other backpackers to talk to. Bathrooms were very clean and well kept and I had respectful roommates. They also offered a day tour to the Cliffs for only €20 and it was a highlight of my trip. I can't wait to go back!

• 2nd Apr 2015