Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Great place! Very helpful staff, clean rooms, excellent kitchen area

Nice hostel very close to everything

Bathrooms and showers smelled a little funky. Dorms and beds were good with personal lighting and many available outlets. The card reader on my door was consistently messed up so I could never get into my room alone but the staff was very helpful and nice about it. No lockers in rooms but never felt my belongings were going to be stolen. They do offer lockers in the lobby but you must pay for them. Good location just 5 min walk from bus station and main city center.

The hostel was good value for your money. Exactly what you expect from a hostel. One major downside, however, was the lack of lockers! I've never stayed in a hostel that hadn't lockers... Also the ventilation in the room was very poor. Lastly, our neighbours were really loud all night and also on the street until 5am. The staff did not attempt once to quiet them. Odd. For the rest the staff was really nice and they were constantly cleaning the kitchen and keeping the place tidy.

Stayed here 2nights. Excellent staff, very friendly and helpful. Great kitchen area. Comfy beds, really can't go wrong with this place

REALLY friendly staff!!!! Dana (I hope I remembered correctly) and a woman with short blond hair were especially nice and very helpful. We will definitely recommend it to our friends, keep on being so great!

This hostel was great! Donna at the front desk was awesome and so helpful! We loved her! The hostel is so close to everything because the city is super walkable! Definitely stay here!

Hated staying here. Had 3 nights booked and only stayed 3, a really terrible experience.

• 28th Jun 2015

We've tried to contact this guest by phone and email to see what the issue was - but we've received no response. Sleepzone

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facilities were clean and there is a really nice kitchen in the hostel.

• 26th Jun 2015

Great staff. Very friendly and helpful. Clean rooms and washrooms and a great breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again.

Love this place, staff was extremely helpful and so nice, location is perfect, right outside town, walking distance to everything you need. Me along with another girl I. My too. Had our stuff pilfered through and some things stolen, nothing too major was taken, but it would be nice yo have cage lockers under the bunks for my pack when I'm out for the day, but everything else was amazing

I absolutely loved this place. The staff are very helpful and always smiling. I came prepared after reading other reviews on breakfast since I can't eat gluten. The only thing I can say that needs improvement is the refrigerator needs shelves. There was only one shelf and everyone had to pile their food on top of others' food. Just be aware if you bring anything that needs to be cooled.

Thanks for the tip re fridge - we'll sort that out :) Sleepzone

great value

• 23rd Jun 2015

The staff seemed to be always smiling and always ready to answer my questions

• 23rd Jun 2015

The staff was excellent--very kind and helpful. The only issue that I came across was the showering facilities. I found it quite annoying to continuously have to push the water button (seemingly every 5 seconds) while I was taking a shower. Luckily I was staying at the Sleep Zone during the summer when I wasn't freezing each time the water turned off. However, I could see this being an issue had the weather outside been colder.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Overall good, sockets with every bed in the dorm would be good though. Some shower floors a bit worn out.

We enjoyed a great rest at this hostel. Would be great if timer of shower would last longer.

This hostel was absolutely amazing. I have stayed in many hostels and none can compare to this it is even better than some hotels I've stayed in! We were a group of six and booked a private ensuite room. The first thing i noticed was the cleanliness, it was obvious that someone had thoroughly cleaned our room just before arrival. The staff were fantasic also, always happy to help. I must give a special thanks to the night porter who joked with us and helped us when we couldn't work the shower!

• 21st Jun 2015

The breakfast was too simple compared to other hostels. But it was a very clean property, we felt safe and comfortable. Thanks!!

• 18th Jun 2015