Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Perfect place with silence to sleep well after a big journey. Very good tour to go to Cliffs of Moher that pick you up in front the hostel's door...easy and cheap. The breakfast is just a toasts with coffee and tea, but as you have coffee and tea for all day long...it is good value!

• 18th Mar 2015

2 nights in a private room for 2 persons cost 120 €. no normal window. no normal beds (only bunk beds). no furniture. to less space in the room. Sorry, fot this money, i expect more value!

There was only one pan for cooking in the apartment kitchen, which must be use by two seperate guest rooms. The rest was perfect, new and clean. They need a manual control for the underfloor heating, it was very warm ;-) They also should have a look to the terrace in the back, looks like a dump yard. Because some of their visitors doesn´t know, how they should behave. Otherwise... next time sleepzone´s apartment again :-)

We have a small terrace to the rear which is well maintained. The poorly kept area out beyond that is actually the neighbouring student accommodation. It's not ours and therefore unfortunately not something we can control :( Sleepzone

Really good location, 5 minute walk to bars, shops and supermarket and in walking distance from the coach and train stations. Lots of lounge areas to relax in and kitchen and dining facilities were great. Shared bathrooms were average, a bit smelly but overall really enjoyed our stay here.

Staff were amazing, rooms kept clean, and the atmosphere was super welcoming. Highly recommended!

The hostel is nice and clean and the staff is very helpfull. I stayed in a double room, which was ok size for one person. It would have been really small for two people. The room was clean, but noisy (I could hear everything people were talking behind my window in the street). Also, the room was VERY cold, between 14-16 degrees. Sometimes I could feel a light breeze coming from the window. No complaints about the bathroom, expect that one evening no warm water came from the shower.

I thought the hostel was very good I only had two issues throughout my stay. One of these was not enough pillows in the rooms, one pillow is not enough as it is too flat and caused both of my friends to have neck pains the morning after. We now know to bring extra with us. The second issue and the one that annoyed me most was the fact that people were running up and down the halls screaming at 4:30-5:00 am and we could not sleep through this.

• 13th Mar 2015

Sleepzone is a very lively hostel and a great place to stay if you are interested in meeting people. I stayed in a female dorm and everyone was friendly and kept to themselves. Didn't worry too much about people stealing things, so I left my bags in the room, but took important travel docs and money with me. I was only there for one night so it was a good place for an overnight stay. Hot water runs out quickly though so if you want a hot shower, I suggest you be the first one up in the morning.

• 12th Mar 2015

My 7th trip to Galway, always stay at Sleepzone. The staff is the best, so helpful to everyone.

had a room with seven girls, they put us with one 30 year old man. really hated that, felt scared and not safe

• 11th Mar 2015

You booked two beds in a mixed 8-bed dorm - and we're sorry you felt uncomfortable. It's hard to balance the gender nos. in mixed dorms. If one male or female books for two people we don't know in advance the gender of the second person. Safest way to avoid this issue is to book a female dorm - or where not available check the rooming options on arrival in your booked hostel ? Thanks for the 5/5 for ' Staff' ! Best regards. Sleepzone

Very good hostel. The prices are good, it's easy to find and they offer toasts and coffee for free in the breakfast. Only problem was the shower: you have to keep pressing a button each 5 seconds, like a sink. Nothing umbearable, though. I recomend.

Totally worth it. Very well equiped kitchen, Nice and Big rooms (at least room 12), very clean and attentive staff. Breakfast includes bread with jam and butter, and milk (included in price). Totally recommend it.

Das Sleepzone Hostel ist schon ganz ok, günstig halt. Mehr kann man da für sein Geld auch nicht erwarten.

Really a great hostel. All the reviews were correct. The kitchen was great. The tables in the kitchen were neat. The rooms were better than I expected. The free coffee and tea was the icing on the cake. Plus this place was extremely close to everything: parking, food, pubs, shops, everything.

Best hostel until my journey in ireland. Furthermore, the best staff i ever saw in a hostel!!! Really excited! I will come back. Definitely! Kind regardsto Sleepzone in Galway

The Sleepzone Hostel is very close to the center of Galway, with the supermarkets and bus/train station really nearby. The staff is wonderful, always ready to answer our questions and advice us about the best places to go. A special thanks to Martina. She is very professional and very nice. It was a pleasure to meet her. All the hostel is very clean. The kitchen has everything you need. We meet cool and interesting people in this hostel. I advise you to choose sleepzone when you came to Galway.

The bed was a little uncomfortable and at midnight we were told the common room became a quiet room. They made us stop playing our music, but they were nice about it and let us keep hanging around for 30 more minutes.

Very friendly and helpful staff greeted me as I checked in and continued to maintain great service with any queries I had. The hostel itself is located very conveniently only a 5 minute walk from galway city center. The room was nice and cozy, with the standard bunkbed situation you expect of a hostel. My only gripe would be that the hot water button was jammed in my room so I had to endure a freezing shower in the morning!

• 27th Feb 2015

A fantastic hostel to stay in. Made my trip very enjoyable to Ireland and there was nothing to complain about. I could have happily stayed longer here and there is so much of Ireland to see. I fully recommend a stay at this hostel.

I had a key that stopped working and it was reprogrammed several times and still wasn't working. It was a bit annoying, but the woman at the front desk was so nice about it all. Before I left I stopped by the counter and the same lady (blonde and usually works at the Connemara Sleepzone) helped me figure out where to stay on my travels northward and was very accommodating. Overall, it was a great experience and the rooms were amazingly clean.