Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Wi-fi didn't reach room.

• 27th Jul 2014

Great hostel... only stayed one night but wouldn't have minded staying longer. The staff are really helpful and the kitchen is excellent for saving some money.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed at, very friendly staff and a great location.

• 27th Jul 2014

The best place to stay in Galway, very close to center of town in a quiet area, excellent security and the staff are always very friendly and helpful, I've stayed there several times and always fully enjoyed it. Always brilliant value for money too.

very nice stylish, good colors, very confortable, all is wonderfull.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Not having numbered beds was slightly annoying, since the staff accidentally thought I had checked out and then started changing the linen in my bed. This meant my bed was unavailable from 10:00 to 14:00 or something. Apart from this the hostel was nice, clean and had very helpful staff. We didn't eat the breakfast though, since there was a huge line of people waiting to use the toasters. Not worth waiting for.

Very good hostel to meet people and a good starting point to see countryside around and along the West Coast.

It was my first experience in an hostel and I find it was wonderful. The staff was really kind and the rooms extremely clean. It was also a human experience. I meet amazing people so I recommend this hostel to you.

• 22nd Jul 2014

This is a good hostel for large groups. In fact when I stayed here the place was crowded with French teenagers. Therefore I wouldn't recommend coming here if you want a private room or double bed, as the only room available is in dank apartment separate from the main hostel. It didn't feel secure or particularly clean or well ventilated. This was particularly disappointing considering the above-average price. The private accommodation in other nearby hostels is much better for slightly cheaper.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Stayed here twice over the last fortnight. Everything was fine inside the hostel, but it would be nice if you could dissuade the noisy crowds of smokers and/or drinkers from congregating outside the main entrance late at night.

This room managed to make my 100sf bedroom in brooklyn look like a palace. It was literally the size of a double bed--an uncomfortable and dirty double bed. Our window was literally on the sidewalk next to the entrance of the hostel in such a way that we could hear everything coming and going at all hours of the day. We had to choose between opening the windows and listening to the rambles of teenagers or suffocating in our tiny room with the windows closed. We (reluctantly) chose the latter.

• 20th Jul 2014

We stayed in one of the apartments. The room was very dirty, especially the bed. Otherwise ok.

I had a great stay at the hostel. iT was a very busy place, but everyone was very friendly and as a solo female travel or I felt very safe here. The staff were impeccable, they gave me great advice on how to spend my time in Galway! I recommend this place for sure!

• 19th Jul 2014

Twin room was fine, but there was no way a 193cm person could fit in the bed with the metal at each end. Also the windowless room was stifling hot - perhaps a fan would have helped

Nice place at the heart of all the action.

We booked a private room and were happily surprised to get a whole flat in which you share a bathroom and a kitchen + living room with only 2 other persons. The staff was always super nice and super helpful with everything.

For a low budget accomodation it was fine. However the mattress was really worn out, so you would feel every bedspring. The curtains were slightly mouldy and could need a good wash. The furniture was in places splintered and the facilities in the kitchen of the apartment could barely be used, apart from the fridge. From time to time the water pressure in the shower was very low. The staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful, the one in the common kitchen was efficient but not friendly.

Overall a good hostel, although if you are looking for the cool hostel vibe, I'm not sure if this is the place. It seems to be the hostel for a ton of groups (most of which are young kids), and it completely ruins the atmosphere. Otherwise the kitchen is good (once you maneuver through the kids) and the rooms are nice. Staff was great

Thanks for the feedback. We take bookings from all sources.Occasionally that can be a group (even a group of kids) In this case it was one group of 34 out of over 200 guests that night - but we know it seemed like they had taken over the place. Sorry about that. The vibe is different most nights with lots of room in our large self-catering kitchen and other common areas. Sleepzone

We loved our stay at Sleepzone. The staff is very welcoming and the Manager Cathal is amazeballs. Keep the good work going. You guys rock :)

Fantastic staff, so friendly and helpful. I left my favorite jeans behind and they helped find them and post them to me. Would definitely recommend staying here, the staff make it great :-

• 12th Jul 2014