Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Great hostel all around

Really great place to sleep for a few nights! You should note that it is a more sterile environment than your typical younth Hostel, no alcohol in the rooms, not so much of a *hang out* place. But it's near the main going out area. For what it is, a nice stay and warm staff!

I loved the hostel but the last night we had a creepy homeless guy in our room who threatened us and was completely out of his mind. I would rather pay more than having such a person in my room

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate all feedback. Great to hear that you loved the hostel, despite the issue with another guest in the room. We encourage all of our guests to report any odd or threatening behaviour to our 24 hour reception desk, where we will take the appropriate action. We hope to see you again in the future.

VERY noisy people those two nights. Bad class separations between the rooms, so we could hear everything in the building. Staff really patient and comprehensive

• 28th Oct 2015

I only stayed one night and enjoyed the experience. Next time I come to Galway I will book a place in Sleepzone for longer ;)

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Romania

Be aware the location that shows up on google maps is incorrect. A bit over priced for what you get, but great staff.

Thank you for your comments. Please be advised that our Google maps location is now correct. We are un-sure how it was moved for a short period of time and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the service offered by our staff. We feel that we offer competitive prices for Galway City and hope that for the 11.99 you paid you received good value for money.

Unfortunately I can only give the staff 5/5. Most helpful staff I've come across in a hostel. They told us everything we needed to know. In addition to this, I left my jacket here before catching a bus to cork. I contacted Sleepzone and they express posted it to my friends place in London which was there for me when I arrived only a few days later. I also said that I was more than willing to pay for it but they said it was on the house! No question that I would stay here again if I was in Galway

I have nothing bad to say about this place, my only disappointment was I only stayed for one night: definitely you're best bet while staying in Galway.

Shame for hostelworld such a hostel. I do not understand how they do allow such fraud. I booked a hostel of October 15 for the period of October 23 - October 27 4 nights. I was billed deposit with the card and the rest to be paid upon arrival which I did. 23 October. October 28 hostel charge me again that I paid on arrival at the hostel. Now I have to wait 10 working days to cancel the reservation of my money. SHAME

Thank you for the feedback on your stay. As explained on our listing, we usually pre-authorise the credit card of guests on the morning of arrival. This is to ensure that their booking is guaranteed with a valid card. This does place a hold on the card for a number of days and is released automatically. We apologise if this process has caused you any inconvenience. The pre-auth check is a standard practice in the industry.

I've already given feedback as regards the noisiness during the night we spent in the hostel, doors banged for a great duration during the night ( 10pm- 2pm, and a get together between several of the adjacent rooms made it impossible to sleep. I actually went to the rooms to try and establish quiet, but to no avail. I was accompanying a group of young people of 16/17 years, and felt badly that it was impossible for anybody to get sleep, most of the night ( we had to leave at 6am the next day)...

• 23rd Oct 2015

clean, newly equipped, the staff was responsive and helpful, I loved the different lounge areas.

Even though it was very full, it is a nice hostel and I had a good stay there. The staff was nice and friendly and it's just a short walk into the city center.

I would highly recommend sleep zone

• 22nd Oct 2015

Well, in all honesty this is a good hostel, the staff are fantastic but, the hostel is too loud for somebody that needs some quite

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Niger

The cleaning staff & staff were very friendly and helpful, I did enjoy my stay and hopefully I`ll be back Thanks again

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Very disappointing experience, we paid for a Twin Private Ensuite, we went upstairs to room 30 our supposedly twin private ensuite only to find 2 double deck bed bunkers! this was not what we paid for, we went downstairs to complain, but there was no way it could be changed. Being in a hurry to catch our trip to the Cliffs we did not argue much. this was a very disappointing experience, we did not get what we paid for. The hostel is clean and convenient though.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Norway
  • All Female Group, 41+

We are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. You booked a twin ensuite, and were allocated to a private room with at least 2 single beds with ensuite. Occasionally we may use a 4-Bed ensuite room as a twin, this does provide extra space and a choice of 2 lower bunks. Our check-in time is 3pm, and as such you had not seen your room prior to your tour. We would have been happy to have discussed any concerns when you checked into the room on your return.

A little bit of a walk to town. And the kitchen didn't have essentials for cooking such as oil and salt and pepper which was a bit of a hassle. But free towels!

Great quiet place with good facilities. Had a couple extra hours and we were able to check out a DVD to watch in a common room as we waited for a late night bus.

Perfect location just 2 minutes from the center, without being right inside all the noise and the fury. There's several small living rooms so you can always decide if you want to socialize or just have a bit of a quiet time. Toilet and shower in every room, and the staff was really nice and helpful. Would go back there again.

Stayed over the weekend in Sleepzone, Galway. People were real friendly, die Hostel has nicely sized rooms and seemed overall clean. I had one of the top bunks in room 28... well, I hit my toes on the pitched ceiling quite a lot and don't know how the dude in the other bed survived with his head right where the bed-frame hit the ceiling. That kinda feels like a minor safety-hazard. Most bunks had their own light, but unfortunately no outlet. 8 Bed dorm and I saw 3 outlets.