Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

The location is great. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and helped me with what to see and do in the area. The rooms were good size though the ensuite shower was a bit cramped but still clean and communal showers down the hall as well. The kitchen is great and a simple breakfast was included. WiFi in kitchen area was okay. I did not use any other common areas so I can't comment. No lockers in room but they had some on the ground floor - not enough I thought though. Overall a good hostel.

Very good hostel. The prices are good, it's easy to find and they offer toasts and coffee for free in the breakfast. Only problem was the shower: you have to keep pressing a button each 5 seconds, like a sink. Nothing umbearable, though. I recomend.

Totally worth it. Very well equiped kitchen, Nice and Big rooms (at least room 12), very clean and attentive staff. Breakfast includes bread with jam and butter, and milk (included in price). Totally recommend it.

Das Sleepzone Hostel ist schon ganz ok, günstig halt. Mehr kann man da für sein Geld auch nicht erwarten.

Really a great hostel. All the reviews were correct. The kitchen was great. The tables in the kitchen were neat. The rooms were better than I expected. The free coffee and tea was the icing on the cake. Plus this place was extremely close to everything: parking, food, pubs, shops, everything.

Best hostel until my journey in ireland. Furthermore, the best staff i ever saw in a hostel!!! Really excited! I will come back. Definitely! Kind regardsto Sleepzone in Galway

The Sleepzone Hostel is very close to the center of Galway, with the supermarkets and bus/train station really nearby. The staff is wonderful, always ready to answer our questions and advice us about the best places to go. A special thanks to Martina. She is very professional and very nice. It was a pleasure to meet her. All the hostel is very clean. The kitchen has everything you need. We meet cool and interesting people in this hostel. I advise you to choose sleepzone when you came to Galway.

The bed was a little uncomfortable and at midnight we were told the common room became a quiet room. They made us stop playing our music, but they were nice about it and let us keep hanging around for 30 more minutes.

Very friendly and helpful staff greeted me as I checked in and continued to maintain great service with any queries I had. The hostel itself is located very conveniently only a 5 minute walk from galway city center. The room was nice and cozy, with the standard bunkbed situation you expect of a hostel. My only gripe would be that the hot water button was jammed in my room so I had to endure a freezing shower in the morning!

• 27th Feb 2015

A fantastic hostel to stay in. Made my trip very enjoyable to Ireland and there was nothing to complain about. I could have happily stayed longer here and there is so much of Ireland to see. I fully recommend a stay at this hostel.

I had a key that stopped working and it was reprogrammed several times and still wasn't working. It was a bit annoying, but the woman at the front desk was so nice about it all. Before I left I stopped by the counter and the same lady (blonde and usually works at the Connemara Sleepzone) helped me figure out where to stay on my travels northward and was very accommodating. Overall, it was a great experience and the rooms were amazingly clean.

In few words, excellent. The accommodation is wonderful, rooms are always clean, as well as kitchen and living rooms. And I want express my gratitude for the staff kindness. I stayed in this hostel, almost a month and I can say that sleepzone is the best hostel in Galway (for sure), and one of the best of Ireland.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Spain

Quality, value for money hostel near galway city center and bus station. Clean and comfortable throughout. Simple breakfast of tea and toast.

Exceptional value for money. All staff were really friendly. Secure boxes for mobile phones etc. is a great idea. Very happy about my stay and will definetly be back.

• 17th Feb 2015

Please put soap and towels in the en suite's bathroom

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Towels available free of charge from front desk when required. Thanks Sleepzone

First stay in a hostel and I worry that Sleepzone has set unrealistic expectations. Prime location, great atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, and low cost for the quality provided. Also included a modest free breakfast, which helped bring the patrons of the hostel together! Will definitely recommend to anyone passing through Galway.

It was very clean and very big. The kitchen was well supplied. The staff was very confusing about payments for my friends and I, but were very nice.

• 13th Feb 2015

awesome hostel with really great strong wifi signal and 30mb broadband which is not in every hostel also would receommend staying because staff are lovely ,also guests who are there are mostly tourists and found them tourists very good and honest people .City shops ,bus station /rail station is very close and also nice bars near and on shop street .Penneys and Dunnes stores very cheap to buy clothes and wetgear for hiking etc .For every visitor coming to Galway single or groups 5 star rating

very central location, just few minutes off the main square. Atmosphere was excellent and staff was extremely helpful and kind, and rooms were small but clean and comfortable, I totally recommend it !

Rooms not great, no money has been invested for some time. Noisiest hostelball through the night. €25 deposit on arrival per person...

• 6th Feb 2015

To be honest we're always investing money in constant updating of the properties - not sure what the specific issue was here - but we do acknowledge that weekend of 6th/7th Feb was noisy with a big influx of students for an event in the city - sorry about that. Sleepzone