Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Great staff. Very friendly and helpful. Clean rooms and washrooms and a great breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again.

Love this place, staff was extremely helpful and so nice, location is perfect, right outside town, walking distance to everything you need. Me along with another girl I. My too. Had our stuff pilfered through and some things stolen, nothing too major was taken, but it would be nice yo have cage lockers under the bunks for my pack when I'm out for the day, but everything else was amazing

I absolutely loved this place. The staff are very helpful and always smiling. I came prepared after reading other reviews on breakfast since I can't eat gluten. The only thing I can say that needs improvement is the refrigerator needs shelves. There was only one shelf and everyone had to pile their food on top of others' food. Just be aware if you bring anything that needs to be cooled.

Thanks for the tip re fridge - we'll sort that out :) Sleepzone

great value

• 23rd Jun 2015

The staff seemed to be always smiling and always ready to answer my questions

• 23rd Jun 2015

The staff was excellent--very kind and helpful. The only issue that I came across was the showering facilities. I found it quite annoying to continuously have to push the water button (seemingly every 5 seconds) while I was taking a shower. Luckily I was staying at the Sleep Zone during the summer when I wasn't freezing each time the water turned off. However, I could see this being an issue had the weather outside been colder.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Overall good, sockets with every bed in the dorm would be good though. Some shower floors a bit worn out.

We enjoyed a great rest at this hostel. Would be great if timer of shower would last longer.

This hostel was absolutely amazing. I have stayed in many hostels and none can compare to this it is even better than some hotels I've stayed in! We were a group of six and booked a private ensuite room. The first thing i noticed was the cleanliness, it was obvious that someone had thoroughly cleaned our room just before arrival. The staff were fantasic also, always happy to help. I must give a special thanks to the night porter who joked with us and helped us when we couldn't work the shower!

• 21st Jun 2015

The breakfast was too simple compared to other hostels. But it was a very clean property, we felt safe and comfortable. Thanks!!

• 18th Jun 2015

International atmosphere, good filling

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Serbia

Excellent common rooms with books and guides. Nice breakfast and great staff. Lockers are available but bring your own padlock. A few more sockets in the rooms would be nice.

Great hostel, clean and modern kitchen really functionnal. Good localisation. Breakfeast is free. One bathroom per dormitory. One negative point though : the water of the shower was cold on the last day.

The facilities rating is mostly because of one issue: cigarette smoke. There's a covered courtyard for smokers between the eating area and lounge room. Unfortunately the doors to it are regularly left open, filling the eating area with nasty cigarette smoke. Customers trying to give themselves lung cancer will appreciate this area, but for people who love their lungs it's a huge downside. Also though, it's a very noisy hostel. I'd probably choose a different place if I returned to Dublin.

We dont have a covered courtyard for smokers - and we're in Galway not Dublin , so while the 91% rating is nice we actually think this is a review intended for another hostel ! Sleepzone

Great value for money. Fully equipped kitchen, stocked with tea and coffee, and plenty of room.

The location is fantastic. Very lose to everything you'll want to o in galway and the bus station to take tours down he coast. The staff is awesome! Sarah helped me with a ton of questions s and was super nice and funny. Will efininitely be back!

• 15th Jun 2015

VERY helpful staff, your hostel is clean and well organized. My only suggestion is, when I went to find the place, the location on the Google map was misleading. I went to the street and then it was easy to find. On Google the hostel does not appear to be on Bothar na mBan . Cheers!

• 14th Jun 2015

Lovely place, friendly staff and super clean. Bed was slightly hard and nothing to dry your hands after washing them in the microscopic sink though. Would recommend!

We had a great stay at Sleepzone. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The kitchen has everything that you need and plenty of seating for everyone. I liked all the common rooms that you could relax and socialise in. Conveniently there is a lift so you don't need to carry your bags. The 8 bed dorm was relatively spacious and beds comfy. The ensuite was in high demand in the mornings but there are other bathrooms in the hallway. Would recommend this place!!

This hostel was excellent! I cant say a bad word about it. The staff were all amazing, everyone of them were extremely friendly and helpful. The kitchen is awesome so huge with everything labeled...made it easy to cook. There is a huge supermarket right around the corner with very cheap groceries too! The tours available at the hostel are amazing! For only twenty euro you can go on a nice bus with a great guide to the beautiful cliffs of Moher. I highly recommend this tour Soooo worth the money!