Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

An excellent place to stay. New reformated, all facilities, quiet and very clean.

I never liked hostels, but this exceeded my expectations.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Staff are very friendly and nice people. I like the breakfast as well.

A great hostel in the middle of Galway (super close to literally everything), the only thing I would've like are large lockers in the room, but other than that I would highly recommend this place! You get a large kitchen, like table space, tons of little rooms with TVs, and a really helpful staff.

The staff was truly amazing, and the general ambiance of the hostel could not be better. Only down point: we spent one night in one of the "appartments" and did not have a Wi-Fi connexion, which I thought should have been included considering the price of the appartment...

• 21st Jun 2014

Very nice hostel with very friendly stuff. We stayed in a 6 bed girls room.....the room is very small for so many ppl....but a nice very clean bathroom. We stayes only for one night so was perfect for us. U can walk in the city center,less then 5 min.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Had a good time here. There's a lift for those of you who aren't travelling light. It got a bit loud the first night cuz a team of American boys moved in, but the staff were able to move them onto another floor which helped. Plenty of common room space and a decent kitchen. The desk staff were helpful and friendly.

Very clean. Not a great set up for meeting people since there are so many rooms. Got quite loud at night with people slamming doors and running through the hallways. FYI-there is no alcohol allowed.

Not the best hostel we've seen... The beds were uncomfortable, the atmosphere was noisy, the location is not really good... I'd recommend to see other alternatives, more in the lovely city centre. It wasn't really good, just ok... for a night. The staff was really friendly though!

The hostel had a great location and breakfast. There was a TV room to watch world cup games. The staff were exceptionally helpful, in the middle of the night- I had to use the computer (for a family emergency) in the lobby and the guy working that night was nice enough to open up the lobby and computer area for me, so I could use it. but, the showers were a problem for me. They are timed. You have to push a button to get the water flowing and it lasts about 5 seconds.

Great, perfect hostel. Susan at reception is the best ! Thanks

Really nice hostel. Rooms were nice, though they were a little cramped (it would have been perfect as a 4 bed dorm, not a 6 bed). But the kitchen and common room area were incredible, and the location is really good! Would stay here again!

Compliments to a friendly and helpful staff

The staff was friendly and helpful, but everything else needs improvement. The halls were incredibly noisy at night with people shouting and slamming doors, yet nobody policed their behavior. Sleepzone is an ironic name for this hostel, as I got none. Furthermore, one washing machine is in no way sufficient for a hostel this size. I was so frustrated by the fact that staff was using this one machine to clean sheets and towels as well. Don't advertise laundry service if you can't provide it.

Good for a big hostel; helpful staff and great location not far away from the cool bits of Galway but not in the middle of the chaos either.

Friendly and helpful staff welcomes you in this big modern very clean hostel. Everything is made to make you comfortable. Private room is big and clean. Key card and 24 hour reception. The big and well organised kitchen serves free breakfast in the morning including bread and jam, cereals and hot drinks. Complementary tea or coffee 24 hour. Several lobbies with sofa. Free wifi everywhere. free bed sheet and towels. Comfortable mattress Close to city centre - Free Parking between 6pm - 8am.

Loved the TV and movie rentals, and also loved the many common areas available. Also, for 20 euro at reception, we were able to buy a full day bus tour to the Cliffs of Moher and surrounding area- it was a great deal and a wonderful day we'd recommend! Definitely enjoyed our stay here!

A fantastic hostel, absolutely awesome staff, who really make the place. With a lot of people staying there I wasn't happy leaving valuables in the room, but there were free safety deposit boxes and always someone on reception. Small bathroom with no ventilation, but very clean, with very thorough cleaners. Not directly in the centre but close enough walk to the centre, good pubs and other local attractions, cinema etc.

Best hostel we stayed at out of 5. Highly recommend! Great city, great location, great facilities!!! If you are traveling around Europe, do not miss Galway!

Had type best time ever in sleepzone galway. The staff was great and we really enjoyed every minute of our stay

• 7th Jun 2014