Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Had type best time ever in sleepzone galway. The staff was great and we really enjoyed every minute of our stay

• 7th Jun 2014

I am a 20 year old college student who travelled here with my friend, who is also 20. We stayed in the separate apartment area. It was VERY clean and I felt completely safe during my 2 days there. The staff was competent, helped me book a bus tour and printed out my confirmation paper. For breakfast we were provided with toast, cereal and coffee/tea. Everyone in the hostel seemed nice and friendly, no one shady there. It was my first stay in a hostel and I would definitely go back at any time.

• 6th Jun 2014

Great location. Five minute walk from all bus stops and main street. Highly recommend. Have stayed here for two years in a row. Got the two person private room two years in a row and it was accommodating for a couple, but could have slept four.

Staff especially friendly.

• 4th Jun 2014

Very great place to stay! Very big, nice rooms. Covers the basic needs, including breakfast. Some staff were great, some not so friendly, but overall would recommend!

This hostel is a place young people use to stay for to party. I was told, by a staff person from a different hostel, that this hostel is used by bus trips that are advertized for students to get drunk.

Who was that person in another hostel ?! Not true - Sleepzone is the tamest hostel in Galway in that regard. Ronan

If I will come back to galway i will book for sure in your hostell..really nice..

Couldn't ask for anymore from a hostel.

• 30th May 2014

I only stayed here one night, but the place had a great vibe, and it was in a good location. It seems like a fun place to stay if you like meeting people and nightlife, as well.

The Sleepzone is an amazing Hostel. Nothing more to say. The only thing is that it's not the best place to meet people when you're alone!

Hostel was very clean, secure and the staff was great. All of the tours of the area can be booked through the front desk and they pick you up from the hostel so that was great. Atmosphere there was seriously lacking though. Not very social in the common areas. Overall a good hostel, just don't expect to party there.

The staff were very friendly, and very helpful when asked questions.

My stay at Sleepzone was everything I needed it to be. It was clean and simple, nothing too fancy, but had all the essentials. Within walking distance of train and bus stations. I was glad that it wasn't a loud party hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful. Free towels and breakfast were a nice plus. My only small complaint would be that the bathroom facilities were sparing.. Only 2 showers for a 10 person room and the space was rather crammed in there. Otherwise, I had a great stay!

Great place to stay! It was my second time there and I would highly recommend it! Close to city centre but far enough that it isn't too noisy; clean, modern rooms; friendly staff; overall a nice place to stay.

Staffs were very kind and helpful. When I stayed in a female dorm with 6 beds, bunk beds and bathroom were good and clean, but there was only one socket on the upper side of the wall which was unusual and inconvenient to share by 6 people. I had to go to the dining room or public spaces on the ground floor. Free breakfast was fine.

I really liked the fact there were a lot of smaller common areas as well as a large one. A couple of things I would have liked to see include little shelves at each bed & more powerpoints. It was great to have individual lights for each bed.

Unfortunately we couldn't open our window during the night. So our wet jackets created a very high humidity in our room.

En suite bathroom was very nice. Felt safe and secure. Not too far from the pedestrian zone of Galway (where all the fun is)

There was one guy who worked the night shift and he made my friends and I extremely uncomfortable. Told one of my friends that he was really weird in a negative tone. A good stay but he definitely put a damper on it.

The showers were frosted glass which was a bit strange but otherwise, fantastic!