Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

This was my third stay at Sleepzone. As always, great staff, nice rooms/ facilities. Good location, and a good price. Would definitely recommend Sleepzone to anyone staying in Galway.

It was my second stay in this hostel and it was very good as usually! The staff in the reception is very helpful and they print travel paper for me for free. I recommend this place.

Well located and well maintained hostel close to Galway centre. Staff friendly and helpful. I organised two trips with the hostel, one for Connemara and another for the Cliffs of Moher and both were excellent and good value for money.

I can really recommend this place to people who want a good stay and meet nice and friendly people from the whole world for a reasonable price!

This was a great hostel! Very easy to meet friendly people, staff was very accommodating and helpful.

The hostel itself was decent, and you got what you paid for with it. No massive plusses or minuses for me, it's neither the best nor the worst hostel I've ever stayed at.

I would prefer myself and refer to my friends and colleagues this place for sure always.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • India

Very nice hostel. There is a very nice kitchen/dining area and few smaller common areas where you can gather. It's easy to meet people. You can get discount on the bus tours to the Conemara and the cliff of Moher. The free breakfast was a bit light.

Very friendly and helpful stuff! We don't use the kitchen or any other facilities, but what we have seen was great. Unfortunately we had no breakfast in the hostel. Great that you have an elevator! All in all it was the best of our hostels in Ireland!

The hostel itself was nicely decorated and the rooms were very safe and secure in my opinion. However it seemed to cater more to large crowds of younger people which made for a noisier atmosphere. The breakfast was just toast which was disappointing. The front desk staff members were very friendly and easy to talk to and also knowledgeable about the city.

I spent one night at this hostel and was very satisfied. due to the lack of parking spaces in galway this hostel is perfectly located. public parking is only 3 min walk far away.

Would not stay here again! Don't know how it has such a high rating. We started the stay by getting a room with no space to sleep on the bed as it was next to a slanted roof with panels sticking out. They could not move us and didn't really try. There were loads of school children staying, not really what you'd expect in a hostel. They made us check out, then back in to the same room! On the bright side, they had free tea and coffee!

Probably the best hostel that I've ever stayed at. Granted their was a large group of us traveling together so we had our own room to ourselves but everything was still pretty perfect. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The town itself is very small so you couldn't really go wrong with the location. The major shopping center with all the supermarkets was less than a 5 min walk. Kitchen was big and very helpful and their were various small common rooms with tvs and couches to chill in.

Sleepzone is a really nice hostel, with a good location in the city, for a small price! The staff is really helpful and nice and the hostel has a lot of common area which help solo travelers meet other people! Only negative aspect, there are no lockers in the room, but they offer a solution, free lockers for our valuables at the entrance! I would advice everyone I know who travels to Galway to stay there :)

• 13th Apr 2014

Its a nice hostel, spatious and really clean. The thing i didnt like was that you have to press a button to make the shower work, it only lasts for 10 seconds and then you have to press again. The breakfast is basic but good quality and well organised.

Maybe more variety at breakfast

• 11th Apr 2014

nice room and clean, one drawback is there are two beds next to the door of the bathroom. Anyway, recommend it.

I was very impressed with how clean it was! Free shower towels were a plus. Very friendly helpful staff

Obviously my favorite hostel in Galway. The hostel is easy to find and near the center of Galway. The room and the shower was confortable,clean and quite big. The staff was nice and useful. The kitchen is big and you have a lot of place to stay to use the wifi and meet other travellers in the common room. I really enjoy the fact that you can rent a towel for free and you can use a lift if you have a lot of luggage. I totally recommend this hostel :)

My room had a weird smell and there was mold on the window and curtain. I was kept up by drunk people yelling outside and banging on the door at 4am. Otherwise it was a good stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel.We're sorry the room did not meet your expectations. We do have night-porters who control the noise during the night to keep noise to a minimum. Hopefully, we will see you again at sometime in the future.