Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

This was the first hostel my sister and I stayed in on our trip, so we had no idea what to expect. We were pleasantly greeted, the kitchen and bathrooms were always clean and never overcrowded, our room was comfortable, and we were a very short walk to downtown Galway. The staff were friendly and always willing to give us advice on places to go, visit, and eat. I would recommend Sleepzone for sure!

nice clean kitchen. The rooms were relatively small, but i didnt expect more for that price. Sadly my mattress was pretty worn out.

I Booked with Hostelworld site 2 Beds for me and my wife in a mixed room, when I arrived in the hostel the receptionist said that no had 2 vacancy in the same room, we had to be in separatade room and they haden't changed my bedding, It was durty. I never had a bad experience booking with hostelworld, it is the first time.

• 9th May 2015

There seems to be some confusion here. What happened was that on a Saturday night with few beds left in the house this booking was made online at the same time as a bed was being booked at the desk. It's very rare - but can happen with online bookings. It meant that these two guests had to be put in the last two beds - which were in separate dorms. We acknowledge that this was inconvenient - and apologised for it - but the beds were properly made. Sleepzone

If you are going to have a room next to a laundry room, maybe don't run the machines all night so people can actually sleep. Other than that, the place was okay good location, good common areas.

The laundry room is closed all night. Sleepzone

Nice place! And Nice staff!

Great place and nice and clean with very friendly staff

Downstairs kitchen/dining area was spacious, well-equipped and well set out, breakfast is the basic stuff. Dorms and bathrooms were adequate although there were no lockers in the rooms and not enough power points. Walking distance to everything, but that's Galway!

excellent ! thank you staff really pleasant and smiling

• 2nd May 2015

Made great friends here. Good vibes all around. Only negative thing I have to say about it was the breakfast was a little lame, but free is free I suppose and there are plenty of good places to eat at in the area!

Staying here was fantastic. The only thing I thought was bad was the size of the beds. I'm 5'10'' and was too long for the bunks. My feet and head were pushed up against the rails with my knees bent up. My poor boyfriend is 6'3''; He didn't fit at all. I understand that you get what you pay for, and at the price we paid, it was worth putting up with, but it's something to note if you're a tall person thinking of staying here. Overall, still worth it though.

Hostel is clean and has an awesome kitchen. Staff were friendly and a great help. Just wish there were lockers in the rooms!

I checked in the middle of the night and the guy at the reception was very nice and helpful. Also they kept big luggage in the locker room sent by Send My Bag company (who delivered 5 days before expected date and so could not give new address on time) as I had already left the hostel and I picked up the luggage the day after without questions asked. The hosted is clean and really in the center. All receptionists are friendly. Very nice living rooms.

We love everything, but we felt breakfast was too weak, and the smell of the rooms very bad. they should clean and wash the carpets while to while.. but the rest good.

Great hostel with very friendly staff. I only stayed one night but really liked it!

It was a very pleasant and comfortable stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only issues I had were minor: there aren't plugs by every bed, which means you have to leave your phone or computer across the room to charge it and can't charge things overnight unless you're comfortable leaving it away from your bed. Also, there are no ledges or shelves in the bathroom, so I had to leave my stuff on the top of the toilet seat while getting ready in the morning or brushing my teeth, etc.

Great hostel ! Location and staff were top notch. Only bad thing was the fact we were charged twice. And not pre warned !

• 25th Apr 2015

It is your staff I'll remember most. Sharp, kind, always helpful, eager to smile.

This hostel was in a fine location and was a great deal for how cheap it was. The free breakfast was very basic with just toast and jam but it was free so can't complain much.

The staff and the facilities were amazing compared to the price paid, what a really good surprise !

• 21st Apr 2015

The staff wasn't very knowledgeable about the area. I think the staff person was new. I was told the only way to get to Connomara was to take a tour bus. I had no idea it was the kind of tour which took all day. It was sold me to me a shuttle. There is no locker for your bags, which seems standard. You can buy a lock for 5Euros for a tiny laptop locker.

The tour is the only option until peak season. It takes a morning - but even when the regular bus runs it's two hours so not a huge difference. We have large luggage lockers for all sizes of bags - right in the lobby/reception area. Sleepzone