Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

The staff here were fantastic and went above and beyond. Good location. Main complaint is the shower, it doesn't get hot and turns itself off every 15 sec. Very wide range of ages staying here (6month old baby to 70yo couples)

We have a push button shower - this is quite common now for water conservation purpose. Water temperature easily adjustable by dial behind push button. Thanks for the 5/5 for ' Staff' ' Cleanliness' ' Location' and ' Value for Money' Sleepzone

Friendly staff, amazing hostel with a really good atmosphere and facilities (ensuite rooms). Breakfast good enough to start your day perfectly ! And well located, a couple of yards from Eyre Square and the Latin Quarter.

We were surprised to have 4 beds in a room which we have booked only for 2. Size of the room was surprisingly big. Facilities were clean and functional. Only the very loud closing doors disturbed our sleep. Perhaps it's possible to change the "door closer" which is fixed on the upper corner of the door. All in all we really enjoyed our stay.

• 9th Jun 2015

This is one of the best hostels. I spent three nights and after 3 days, one more. Nice stuff, clean rooms, good organized and big kitchen.

This hostel has a nice kitchen and eating room. Its nice and spacious and met some nice people. Nothing to complain except lockers weren't in the room they were downstairs.

The staff were very friendly and the hostel was kept spotlessly clean. Our room was very comfortable. Location was perfect. Very reasonable price. Couldn't have asked for any more and will definitely stay there again!

• 7th Jun 2015

Cleanest hostel ever!

I spend a great time in this hostel the staff is so nice and friendly. The hostel is the cleanest one i've ever stayed in and I really slept as good as never before here in Ireland. Thanx for a great time.

I wanted to stay longer! I don't know if it was the people from Galway or the place itself but it was a higlight of my trip. Staff were amazingly helpful and friendly, told me of an abandoned castle which was deserted of people so we had it to ourselves! Great kitchen, laundry facilities a bit finicky, amazing pub crawl! So worth it, the all girls dorm was great to meet friends plus a good lounge area

Best hostel i have ever been in. Excellent value for money.

Great Staff Clean dorm and kitchen * Missing a full length mirror in the room

It is one of my favourite hostels. The facilities are amazing and each bed has an individual light. Very close to the coach station and lovely staff. I will be back!

Galway is lovely and the staff at this hostel were more than eager to help with anything I needed. However, for a place that is notorious for being rainy - the hostel rooms having zero hooks to dry out clothes and towels on is a huge mistake. I inadvertently got soaked and my clothes were still wet the next day because there was just no good place for them to dry in the room. Also I absolutely could not drink the water - boiled in tea or otherwise - tasted a combination of mold and metal.

Thanks for the feedback. The water is from the public water supply which is totally safe and drinkable. We also have bottled water for sale should you prefer. Most rooms have ample supply of clothes , robe and towel hooks - we will check to see if any need replacing in your room. Best regards. Sleepzone

awesome big kitchen. private toilets in each room and toilets/ shower on each level. lots of hang out space and chill atmosphere. BIIG library.

All workers in Sleepzone are very helpful and whatever i needed they gave me help and advices.

• 27th May 2015
  • Croatia

this hostel is really nice,beautiful place,the staff it's was helpfull and smiling,a special thanks to Amondine.The position is good and beautiful.it's clean and with a good common area.

Staff, location, and atmosphere are all fantastic. Only complaint is the ensuite bathrooms offer zero privacy, and the breakfast is exclusively jam and toast. However, this is still an excellent place to stay in Galway. Would definitely recommend.

This place was one of the best hostels I have been to. It actually looked like the pictures which was pleasant. The staff had strong knowledge on how to get around Galway and using the buses. If they were not sure, they were pleased to get out of their way. Thank you for making my stay pleasant.

Just a small thing ,when staff are serving breakfast they handle food i.e bread with bare hands ,no gloves worn,at the same time they are cleaning and taking bins out!

Everything was fine except what they call "breakfast" is not what I'd count as a meal. Just tea and a slice of toast, but this place was very reasonably priced so we would probably stay again.