Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Excellent staff! Very clean hostel, good price, great location. Suited me well.

I've stayed at Sleepzone in September 2014 and had a very good experience. So when travelling with my mother and needed a place to stay in Galway I didn't think twice, just went back. The place was very much the same as I remembered. Super friendly staff, well equipped kitchen, clean and warm room. The only thing I didn’t like much was the shower in room 21 because it's the kind of shower you need to press the button for water every 5 seconds.

Great kitchen! Lots of chill out areas was nice. The ensuing bathrooms and the shared bathrooms need better ventilation - they get quite stuffy and smelly.

Overall the hostel was great, bed were comfy reception staff were friendly, informative and pretty genuine. The hostel itself is a bit noisy so if you have an early morning might want to bring ear plugs! Also showers were slightly annoying cause you had to contniously press the button (every 5-7 seconds) to keep the shower going. Overall great stay would come back as it is in a great location (walking distance) from the center.

Donna is the best receptionist ever. Very friendly and knowledgeable. She made us feel very welcome.

• 8th Oct 2015

Very clean bedroom clean bathrooms, great kitchen facilities staff very helpful and for the price great nights stay

Paid for an apartment (private) for up to four people. No couch, no television, no wifi in apartment and the wifi in the common areas were poor. Staff not particularly helpful or friendly. Security did not seem sound. There was a lot of noise and partying around us until early in the morning. Despite booking a room for a double/twin room we received a bunk bed. The door was difficult to lock and unlock. Walking through unsheltered areas outside to get to the apartment was also inconvenient. Poor

• 5th Oct 2015

Thank you for your comments, we appreciated all feedback. Our large 1-bed apartment contains a twin/double room with a single bed and double bed in bunk style – this is as advertised. There is a dining table/chairs plus soft/comfy chairs provided; we do not list a television, couch on any of our listings. We are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the apartment, and encourage all of our guests to discuss any concerns with reception during their stay.

Located a few minutes walk from the main drag of Galway, sleepzone is in the perfect locale to really sleep without missing out on anything. Clean rooms, ensuites, a kitchen with free breakfast, multiple lounge areas; the only thing it's missing is in-room safes, but they have by reception. Let us leave our bags both before we checked in and after we left too! Staff were friendly and helpful and gave us some really good recs for dinner.

I enjoyed my stay. The staff is very nice and answered any questions I had. The 2 rooms I stayed in both had small balconies which was nice to let air in but only one had a window to open at night. I really wished the bathrooms had some hand soap. There wasn't any provided in the dorm rooms or the main bathrooms.

great hostel, excellent location, friendly staff parking nearby and clean

• 26th Sep 2015

A good hostel with a good vibe. We didn't have the time to explore all the facilities or the showers (we had a private room), but it seemed pretty average. The location is the reason to stay here, as well as the friendly Galway staff.

Heya, I am an international student in Galway and had difficulties finding accommodation to stay. So during 2 weeks in the beginning and 1 week a bit later on in September, I stayed at Sleepzone. The rooms were always very clean, the staff lovely, the atmosphere was good and I've met some great people. Even though near the end I did feel like I needed a room just for myself to relax, Sleepzone started to feel a bit like home :) I would definitely recommend it to friends. Cheers!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

We liked almost everything about the hostel, but in our room wifi did not work at all even after a few resets. And for a very basic hostel it's a bit expensive.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Israel

I stayed here for one night and it was perfect for this. It is in a great location, very close to the city centre and stations. The place was pretty clean and had a good kitchen for breakfast. The bed was comfortable and the room had a good shower. Wifi worked really well throughout the building.

Was a good place to stay, the only complaint I had was when the bathroom light was turned on it was like a strobe light, but it worked fine once it was done flashing.

We had a really sketchy guy come into our room late at night who I'm pretty sure smoked some crack in the bathroom as he kept using a lighter in there and I found aluminum foil in the toilet the next day.. Security in the baggage room is slim to none and based on trust. Kitchen is really nice and the people/staff were friendly.

We have secure electronic luggage lockers in the bathroom so it's not correct to say that it's based on trust. Thanks though for the 5/5 for ' Staff' Best wishes Sleepzone

In general the stay was good. The room we stayed was quite small. We booked one room with two beds and we stayed in a room with two berth, we were fine but we preffered two beds a little bigger. The breakfast was very simple: only toasts, milk, coffe, butter and marmalade. The place for breakfast is very spacious, you have many toaster, and ceramic hobs to cook what you like. One of the problems we found was the noise during the night.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Spain

Amazing experience! Very clean and kitchen was amazing! You could buy a tour package for a cheap price and the bus would pick you up right in front of the hostel! If I ever return to Galway this will be my first stop! Thanks to the people at sleepzone !!

Staff and facilities were nice. Not much atmosphere but it was good to relax.

Great hostel with great location. The facilities are very good, and the staff is friendly. Just watch out for the breakfast time, because the kitchen gets really crowded.