Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

The facility and staff are great. There wasn't a lot of interaction with the other travelers as there seemed to be many groups that stuck to themselves. There are free towels which is nice. The free breakfast is bread, jam and fruit cocktail. Nice but I was a little disappointed. I would stay again, for sure.

Everyone was really helpful and friendly, except night security guys who were pretty rude. Overall great place and would totally recommend!

Good little hostel in a decent location. Can be noisy as it is right on a street. Had the annoying push button showers that, though conveniently en-suit, would either, only give water for 10 seconds at a time or would be freezing cold. Also, our 8 bed room got so over heated (when we shut the window) that the fire alarm went off at 4 in the morning. Talk about annoying. Great kitchen though, and they keep it clean.

Overall a very good experience. We were very happy with the facilities and the service for what we paid. Would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Apr 2014

Few complaints, and would use again. Shower wasn't the hottest, but overall, it was fine.

Everything was amazing! We only booked to stay there cos it was cheap so we were expecting a lower standard of quality but everything was perfect! Definitely be staying there again next time!

• 24th Apr 2014

Great stay at Sleepzone!

This was my third stay at Sleepzone. As always, great staff, nice rooms/ facilities. Good location, and a good price. Would definitely recommend Sleepzone to anyone staying in Galway.

It was my second stay in this hostel and it was very good as usually! The staff in the reception is very helpful and they print travel paper for me for free. I recommend this place.

Well located and well maintained hostel close to Galway centre. Staff friendly and helpful. I organised two trips with the hostel, one for Connemara and another for the Cliffs of Moher and both were excellent and good value for money.

I can really recommend this place to people who want a good stay and meet nice and friendly people from the whole world for a reasonable price!

This was a great hostel! Very easy to meet friendly people, staff was very accommodating and helpful.

The hostel itself was decent, and you got what you paid for with it. No massive plusses or minuses for me, it's neither the best nor the worst hostel I've ever stayed at.

I would prefer myself and refer to my friends and colleagues this place for sure always.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • India

Very nice hostel. There is a very nice kitchen/dining area and few smaller common areas where you can gather. It's easy to meet people. You can get discount on the bus tours to the Conemara and the cliff of Moher. The free breakfast was a bit light.

Very friendly and helpful stuff! We don't use the kitchen or any other facilities, but what we have seen was great. Unfortunately we had no breakfast in the hostel. Great that you have an elevator! All in all it was the best of our hostels in Ireland!

The hostel itself was nicely decorated and the rooms were very safe and secure in my opinion. However it seemed to cater more to large crowds of younger people which made for a noisier atmosphere. The breakfast was just toast which was disappointing. The front desk staff members were very friendly and easy to talk to and also knowledgeable about the city.

I spent one night at this hostel and was very satisfied. due to the lack of parking spaces in galway this hostel is perfectly located. public parking is only 3 min walk far away.

Would not stay here again! Don't know how it has such a high rating. We started the stay by getting a room with no space to sleep on the bed as it was next to a slanted roof with panels sticking out. They could not move us and didn't really try. There were loads of school children staying, not really what you'd expect in a hostel. They made us check out, then back in to the same room! On the bright side, they had free tea and coffee!

Probably the best hostel that I've ever stayed at. Granted their was a large group of us traveling together so we had our own room to ourselves but everything was still pretty perfect. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The town itself is very small so you couldn't really go wrong with the location. The major shopping center with all the supermarkets was less than a 5 min walk. Kitchen was big and very helpful and their were various small common rooms with tvs and couches to chill in.