Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

I had a very nice stay at Sleepzone, the place was clean, the staff was super helpful and I was very lucky with my roommates (plus I had the room to myself for two nights). The breakfast was like what I already knew from other hostels, more of a survival meal, but as I said - hostel standard.

This was my second stay at Sleepzone and I was just as pleased this time as I was after my first visit. Great location, around the corner from Eyre Square and close to the bus station. Incredibly clean, big rooms, free breakfast, free towels, and free lockers (with your own lock.) The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would absolutely recommend Sleepzone to anyone who is visiting Galway- it's a great hostel for a reasonable price.

I can only advice Sleepzone to persons who are looking for a hostel with a good location for less money. The athmosphere, especially when you are travelling with your partner and book a double room, is quite poor. We got an approximately 5qm dreary room with only a bed and wardrobe that was next to the street. We could hear every passing passenger/car in detail as well the people next to our room with whom were were sharing the bathroom.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. You reserved a Double standard room which is in the apartment next door to the hostel. We have only recently taken over the apartment and are in the process of upgrading the rooms. We are sorry that it did not meet your expectations.

The hostel is a little bit too big for my taste, but it's a really nice place to stay at. Comfortable beds, good showers, a big kitchen and lots of common areas to relax in. Staff members are very calm and friendly, even when there's lots of people trying to check in or out at the same time and they always seem happy to answer any questions you might have. With receptionists like Fred and Gaia you're definately going to give people a good first impression of the hostel and of Galway. Thanks!

The seperate part of the hostel where we stayed had constant noise in the night until 5.30am from the flats above. We were told that these were student residences over which the hostel had no control. Unfortunately there was no other space in the main hostel for us to be moved. Also from 8am every morning the electronic gates into the residence parking started to open and close constantly, which reverberated through the whole building. Leaving us little chance to get any sleep.

• 16th Mar 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. The room you reserved was a twin standard in the apartment next door to the hostel.Unfortunately there was a lot of noise in the city that night as it was over the busy St.Patrick's weekend and we were unable to offer you another room as we were completely booked out for that period. We hope we might see you again at some time in the future and offer you a more peaceful night's sleep.

No privacy in the bathrooms. The showers' doors are made of glass and although they have a bit of texture, you can pretty much see everything inside them. Average hostel.

Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel.All our ensuite rooms have lockable bathroom doors for privacy and we also have separate male and female communal showers on each floor.

Genuinely couldn't ask for anymore in a hostel. Third time staying here and never left dissapointed. Staff are extremely helpful, and welcoming. Location is perfect just off eyre square about 2 minutes walk away. And the price is unreal, a group of 8 of us paid €8.99 per night, for an 8 bed room with a private bathroom. Couldn't recommend enough!

• 9th Mar 2014

My group and myself truly enjoyed our stay at Sleepzone. The staff was extremely helpful with any questions or needs for suggestions that we had. Thank you so much for your help in making our stay in Galway an enjoyable one.

• 7th Mar 2014

This hostel could be a part of the national parks. The isolation is delicious. The setting is, well, as magnificent as Ireland is going to get. It is a small country after all. No, really, the setting is magnificent. This is the place to go for oneself, not contrived activities.

First night was staying in female dorm which was big and clean but no soap for washing hands. kitchen is big and fully equipped, free breakfast is simple but good. staff are all nice. free computer to use. price is cheap.

Street noise until 6am. Not conducive to sleeping.

Thanks for taking the time to review the hostel.Your stay with us coincided with the annual student festival in the city and unfortunately there was a lot of street noise all over the city during this time. Our hostel usually receives good reviews for being central but in a quiet location. If you are back in Galway again we would be delighted to accommodate you and I am sure you will find it a more restful experience.

Cold water in shower. Breakfast was only toast. Wifi didnt work. Staff nice.

Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel and your nice comments about our staff. You were staying in an apartment beside the hostel which has a thermostat on the wall to control the water temperature. We have a great Wi-Fi signal but it is only available in the hostel.

Great kitchen and common rooms. WiFi only works in the common areas, not in the rooms. Room and en suite clean. 6-bed dorm quite tight though but thankfully there were only 4 of us in there. Would be good if there were lockers in the rooms. Each bed has its only light - handy! Staff were good - friendly and helpful but they leave you to it. Very central location but in a scummy student area.

It was a really nice stay. The staff there is really really nice and helpful.

Very nice staff could not fault them, bit nosy it was a Saturday night mind you (we had a family).. But I would stay again .. Staff where very good and maid you feel wanted, pluses all round

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »