Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Compliments to a friendly and helpful staff

The staff was friendly and helpful, but everything else needs improvement. The halls were incredibly noisy at night with people shouting and slamming doors, yet nobody policed their behavior. Sleepzone is an ironic name for this hostel, as I got none. Furthermore, one washing machine is in no way sufficient for a hostel this size. I was so frustrated by the fact that staff was using this one machine to clean sheets and towels as well. Don't advertise laundry service if you can't provide it.

Good for a big hostel; helpful staff and great location not far away from the cool bits of Galway but not in the middle of the chaos either.

Friendly and helpful staff welcomes you in this big modern very clean hostel. Everything is made to make you comfortable. Private room is big and clean. Key card and 24 hour reception. The big and well organised kitchen serves free breakfast in the morning including bread and jam, cereals and hot drinks. Complementary tea or coffee 24 hour. Several lobbies with sofa. Free wifi everywhere. free bed sheet and towels. Comfortable mattress Close to city centre - Free Parking between 6pm - 8am.

Loved the TV and movie rentals, and also loved the many common areas available. Also, for 20 euro at reception, we were able to buy a full day bus tour to the Cliffs of Moher and surrounding area- it was a great deal and a wonderful day we'd recommend! Definitely enjoyed our stay here!

A fantastic hostel, absolutely awesome staff, who really make the place. With a lot of people staying there I wasn't happy leaving valuables in the room, but there were free safety deposit boxes and always someone on reception. Small bathroom with no ventilation, but very clean, with very thorough cleaners. Not directly in the centre but close enough walk to the centre, good pubs and other local attractions, cinema etc.

Best hostel we stayed at out of 5. Highly recommend! Great city, great location, great facilities!!! If you are traveling around Europe, do not miss Galway!

Had type best time ever in sleepzone galway. The staff was great and we really enjoyed every minute of our stay

• 7th Jun 2014

I am a 20 year old college student who travelled here with my friend, who is also 20. We stayed in the separate apartment area. It was VERY clean and I felt completely safe during my 2 days there. The staff was competent, helped me book a bus tour and printed out my confirmation paper. For breakfast we were provided with toast, cereal and coffee/tea. Everyone in the hostel seemed nice and friendly, no one shady there. It was my first stay in a hostel and I would definitely go back at any time.

• 6th Jun 2014

Great location. Five minute walk from all bus stops and main street. Highly recommend. Have stayed here for two years in a row. Got the two person private room two years in a row and it was accommodating for a couple, but could have slept four.

Staff especially friendly.

• 4th Jun 2014

Very great place to stay! Very big, nice rooms. Covers the basic needs, including breakfast. Some staff were great, some not so friendly, but overall would recommend!

This hostel is a place young people use to stay for to party. I was told, by a staff person from a different hostel, that this hostel is used by bus trips that are advertized for students to get drunk.

Who was that person in another hostel ?! Not true - Sleepzone is the tamest hostel in Galway in that regard. Ronan

If I will come back to galway i will book for sure in your hostell..really nice..

Couldn't ask for anymore from a hostel.

• 30th May 2014

I only stayed here one night, but the place had a great vibe, and it was in a good location. It seems like a fun place to stay if you like meeting people and nightlife, as well.

The Sleepzone is an amazing Hostel. Nothing more to say. The only thing is that it's not the best place to meet people when you're alone!

Hostel was very clean, secure and the staff was great. All of the tours of the area can be booked through the front desk and they pick you up from the hostel so that was great. Atmosphere there was seriously lacking though. Not very social in the common areas. Overall a good hostel, just don't expect to party there.

The staff were very friendly, and very helpful when asked questions.

My stay at Sleepzone was everything I needed it to be. It was clean and simple, nothing too fancy, but had all the essentials. Within walking distance of train and bus stations. I was glad that it wasn't a loud party hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful. Free towels and breakfast were a nice plus. My only small complaint would be that the bathroom facilities were sparing.. Only 2 showers for a 10 person room and the space was rather crammed in there. Otherwise, I had a great stay!