Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Great location, very clean and very reasonable rates. We had a 4 bed room with an en suite. Very close to eyre sq and lidl is only 2 mins walk for groceries. Only downside was other guests in the corridors speaking loudly at 3am and 5am waking us during the night, not the hostels fault.

• 6th Jan 2015

One troubling aspect I had with the hostel was the locker room. I entered the hostel by someone holding the door for me, and the locker room was wide open. The receptionist was not paying attention, and I could have taken anything. The locker room should be locked at all times! Otherwise, the hostel was fantastic.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Excellent place to stay in galway! the girls at reception were very helpfull and pleasant!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Sleepzone was great. I stayed over New Year's Eve and I have to commend the staff because if I were them, I would have hated everyone for all the messes and noise and obnoxious behavior. The staff was calm and cleaned up after everyone and was still smiling the next day. The location of the hostel is great--very close to the center of Galway. It's convenient to do tours through the hostel as you get picked up right at the door for the Cliffs of Moher and Connemara Tours.

I wish that is no restrictions on days you could stay

Quite a nice hostle. Friendly Stuff

The thing with the cleanliness was that 'there was no handwash or soap to use for the bathroom. I need to wash my hands with soap.

• 26th Dec 2014

Very small breakfast, too light.... But everything else was perfect, I loved this hostel, really. Thank you so much ! I spent one of my better Christmas so far. The place is so nice and cosy with many small areas to rest, talk, meet people, play music, study, read, play a game... The staff was perfect, really kind, helpful, smily.

• 26th Dec 2014

Perfect stay at sleepzone, great welcome from the staff, room was clean and mattress were good! Met a lot of good people there, could have stayed much longer!

Really enjoyyed my stay, met new people from different countries and cultures, shared experiences and enjoyed the lively atmosphere!! Highly recommended!

• 24th Dec 2014
  • India

Good enough hostel

I loved staying at this hostel and will gladly go again! I had a fabulous room, with the only downside being a lack of secure storage space in the dorms. The location is amazing, being just a quick walk to the pubs and shops. The staff was wonderful, especially Adele. My only recommendation is for the hostel to put on an annual Christmas celebration themselves, so the guests aren't fighting for kitchen space to make their own huge dinners.

Good location and value for your buck.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Stayed for just one night in a private double. Because the room was on the top floor with a sky light during a storm, we didn't get a lot of sleep due to the loud the wind against the roof. However, the room and en-suite bathroom were pretty clean, the hostel had free towel loan and bedding included, and a light breakfast of toast and coffee was served. The staff were friendly and helpful and overall I'd give the hostel an A. The only complaint is that the luggage storage room was left unlocked.

• 17th Dec 2014

Very kind and helpful staff.

Excellent value for money. Large kitchen well equipped and clean, very nice and helpful staff, located at a 5 minutes walk from everything in Galway, great bus tour opportunities leaving straight from the hostel.

• 14th Dec 2014

Great hostel with a great location! Very friendly and attentive staff who were fantastic. Facilities are great and they have free breakfast and good wifi. Fabulous value for money

Great stay, despite it being a busy night I got plenty of sleep. happy to recommend.

• 13th Dec 2014

Very friendly staff, great place to stay will defo stay again. Thanks for everything guys.

• 13th Dec 2014

Fantastic hostel, really enjoyed the short stay. Spotless room, really friendly staff, bang in the middle of Galway, yet quiet!

• 12th Dec 2014