Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Unfortunately we couldn't open our window during the night. So our wet jackets created a very high humidity in our room.

En suite bathroom was very nice. Felt safe and secure. Not too far from the pedestrian zone of Galway (where all the fun is)

There was one guy who worked the night shift and he made my friends and I extremely uncomfortable. Told one of my friends that he was really weird in a negative tone. A good stay but he definitely put a damper on it.

The showers were frosted glass which was a bit strange but otherwise, fantastic!

Amazing hostel, great facilities, in the double bed private room there is no internet connection, it doesn't make much difference in my opinion, but it's just go to the common area and you can have it.

Apart from the lack of plug sockets in rooms, it was very good!

Had a great stay thanks.

Friendly, easy going staff

Really great hostel, would definitely stay here again. Wifi throughout the whole building, key card entry to rooms, big common area and kitchen, helpful staff that have actually been on the tours they're advertising. Rooms were a little small but very clean

Good enough hostel, very convenient to organize day tours from. My keycard stopped working twice while I was there, but they fixed it straight away. Nicely located, not quite in the centre but Galway is small enough that it didn't matter.

I was so surprised by price they offer and lots of complementary stuff like Towel, Internet, Breakfast. Definitely will go back there.

• 7th May 2014
  • Pakistan

The MIXT ROOM was a disaster, very little for too much people and some of them were snoring and dirty!! Because the room was at the same level of the street you could listen perfectly the cars and the drank people that was screaming at night. At the end, I had to finish reading all night in the living room. The toilet don't have towels when you finish then it was all the floor wet and dirty. Another day I've been in an only female room in the second floor and it was all ok.

• 6th May 2014
  • Spain

Hi, You reserved an 8bed mixed dorm which was full on the night you stayed with us. The previous night you had a bed in a 4bed female dorm.The larger rooms will naturally be busier.If you had informed a member of staff about the snoring we would have done our best to relocate you in another room.Towels are provided for free at reception for all our guests.

Transparent walls in common bathrooms...

Enjoyed my stay , thank you for helping me book the Connemara tour with Galway tour

Hostel is great!! Only a couple of minutes walk from the station, has multiple small common rooms, kitchen is new, clean and modern. Really relaxed atmosphere.

Helpful friendly staff. I'll be back in the near future.

The facility and staff are great. There wasn't a lot of interaction with the other travelers as there seemed to be many groups that stuck to themselves. There are free towels which is nice. The free breakfast is bread, jam and fruit cocktail. Nice but I was a little disappointed. I would stay again, for sure.

Everyone was really helpful and friendly, except night security guys who were pretty rude. Overall great place and would totally recommend!

Good little hostel in a decent location. Can be noisy as it is right on a street. Had the annoying push button showers that, though conveniently en-suit, would either, only give water for 10 seconds at a time or would be freezing cold. Also, our 8 bed room got so over heated (when we shut the window) that the fire alarm went off at 4 in the morning. Talk about annoying. Great kitchen though, and they keep it clean.

Overall a very good experience. We were very happy with the facilities and the service for what we paid. Would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Apr 2014