Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

I stayed in a cheap 9e/night room, the toilet seat was constantly blocked (flushes but doesn't take the paper down), I reported it once and used only public toilets myself. There's a European plug in the kitchen which is nice. The area can be a bit noisy at night. I arrived at the hostel during rush hour, the employee was very calm and friendly nevertheless.

Clean, confortable, well situated, nice staff, good breakfast, perfect for more than 1 night.

Great hostel. Nice atmosphere. Staff were lovely. Nice and close to town

Clean friendly hostel with great kitchen facilities!

6 bed rooms were incredibly cramped. And also...we appreciate the bread in the morning, but...tell us its bread without going on about "free breakfast breakfast breakfast." Maybe just say its bread. Staff was very helpful. Enjoyed the common rooms downstairs. Would not return if it meant having to stay in a six bed dorm again. Maybe the other rooms are great, who knows?

• 11th Sep 2015

Staff were great! Always super helpful when you needed something or were curious about where to go for anything you were looking for. Facilities were very clean. Breakfast of toast and jam or serial was perfect and all day tea and coffee was great on a rainy day! Close or close enough to the main parts of town so it was easy to get everywhere but it is also on a quiet street so it.was also good at night.

The best hostel in Ireland.

Nice, big hostel. Front desk staff were amazingly kind and helpful. No lockers/not a lot of storage in room but had a nice locker area near the front desk. Lots of casual hangout space. Wifi worked well. My only major issue was that my room looked out over the street, which was SUPER loud until 3 am. If you bring earplugs, you should be fine!

The staff was quite unsure about their job. The location is OK, not so far from bus/railway station, close to the main square, few minutes of walk to the pub streets. Farer to the river and beach (but go there, it is very nice place :)). Hostel was very clean, the kitchen is nice, maybe the best I've seen in Ireland. Breakfast is OK. Try to buy the trips with Paddywagon or Galway Tours to Cliff of Moher, Burren or Connemara. You can get discount.

Our apartment was very spacious! Also, Sleepzone is in a fantastic location, walking distance to most pubs and restaurants in Galway.

The staff were all friendly and helpful with any questions we had. We were traveling as a family and it was nice to get our own room that slept all 5 of us!

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Didn't like how the showers worked, and the wifi didn't always reach my room, but other than that no issues. It was a nice place to stay with nice staff.

Nice place to stay, felt welcome because of the staff, nice and spacious living room and kitchen.

• 31st Aug 2015

Our stay was a bit disappointing. The hostel is too big and especially the kitchen is overcrowded in the morning during breakfast. Sometimes a lack of cutlery. We booked a private room which was very small and there was no curtain fore the window. A modern, big, but absolutely not cozy hostel

Sorry you were disappointed with your stay - it is a big and busy hostel especially during peak tourist season in August. Our sister hostels in Connemara and The Burren are probably a bit ' cosier' at such a time it's fair to say. The only 'window' missing a curtain is a skylight window way up in the ceiling. Best Wishes Sleepzone

The staff is absolutely wonderful and the location is great. Breakfast is unfortunately just toast and cereal. There are outlets everywhere, which is great! There are even southern European and American outlets! There are no lockers in the rooms which is a real inconvenience.

More electrical outlets are needed in rooms or this should be disclosed at check-in.

• 30th Aug 2015

Very nice hostel. The staff was pleasant and informative. Bedroom and bathroom were super clean. Biggest downside for me was no lockers. Breakfast was good and there was staff around constantly refilling everything and keeping the place clean. Highly recommend this hostel.

The sleep zone hostel is really nice and also the staff is extremly friendly and nice. They also helped me every time when I was in need of help! I can only recommend it!!

• 26th Aug 2015

The hostel was the best hostel I have ever stayed at and it was very clean for a hostel. It has lots of rooms to sit down and relax and a great kitchen which is well equipped. The breakfast however was good but I missed more knives and maybe juice. But all in all the hostel is really worth staying at and I would totally recommend it.

NiceNice hostel , but the brekfast was really too basic. At least some fruits and cheese/ham would've been nice!

• 22nd Aug 2015