Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

My stay at Sleepzone was everything I needed it to be. It was clean and simple, nothing too fancy, but had all the essentials. Within walking distance of train and bus stations. I was glad that it wasn't a loud party hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful. Free towels and breakfast were a nice plus. My only small complaint would be that the bathroom facilities were sparing.. Only 2 showers for a 10 person room and the space was rather crammed in there. Otherwise, I had a great stay!

Great place to stay! It was my second time there and I would highly recommend it! Close to city centre but far enough that it isn't too noisy; clean, modern rooms; friendly staff; overall a nice place to stay.

Staffs were very kind and helpful. When I stayed in a female dorm with 6 beds, bunk beds and bathroom were good and clean, but there was only one socket on the upper side of the wall which was unusual and inconvenient to share by 6 people. I had to go to the dining room or public spaces on the ground floor. Free breakfast was fine.

I really liked the fact there were a lot of smaller common areas as well as a large one. A couple of things I would have liked to see include little shelves at each bed & more powerpoints. It was great to have individual lights for each bed.

Unfortunately we couldn't open our window during the night. So our wet jackets created a very high humidity in our room.

En suite bathroom was very nice. Felt safe and secure. Not too far from the pedestrian zone of Galway (where all the fun is)

There was one guy who worked the night shift and he made my friends and I extremely uncomfortable. Told one of my friends that he was really weird in a negative tone. A good stay but he definitely put a damper on it.

The showers were frosted glass which was a bit strange but otherwise, fantastic!

Amazing hostel, great facilities, in the double bed private room there is no internet connection, it doesn't make much difference in my opinion, but it's just go to the common area and you can have it.

Apart from the lack of plug sockets in rooms, it was very good!

Had a great stay thanks.

Friendly, easy going staff

Really great hostel, would definitely stay here again. Wifi throughout the whole building, key card entry to rooms, big common area and kitchen, helpful staff that have actually been on the tours they're advertising. Rooms were a little small but very clean

Good enough hostel, very convenient to organize day tours from. My keycard stopped working twice while I was there, but they fixed it straight away. Nicely located, not quite in the centre but Galway is small enough that it didn't matter.

I was so surprised by price they offer and lots of complementary stuff like Towel, Internet, Breakfast. Definitely will go back there.

• 7th May 2014
  • Pakistan

The MIXT ROOM was a disaster, very little for too much people and some of them were snoring and dirty!! Because the room was at the same level of the street you could listen perfectly the cars and the drank people that was screaming at night. At the end, I had to finish reading all night in the living room. The toilet don't have towels when you finish then it was all the floor wet and dirty. Another day I've been in an only female room in the second floor and it was all ok.

• 6th May 2014
  • Spain

Hi, You reserved an 8bed mixed dorm which was full on the night you stayed with us. The previous night you had a bed in a 4bed female dorm.The larger rooms will naturally be busier.If you had informed a member of staff about the snoring we would have done our best to relocate you in another room.Towels are provided for free at reception for all our guests.

Transparent walls in common bathrooms...

Enjoyed my stay , thank you for helping me book the Connemara tour with Galway tour

Hostel is great!! Only a couple of minutes walk from the station, has multiple small common rooms, kitchen is new, clean and modern. Really relaxed atmosphere.

Helpful friendly staff. I'll be back in the near future.