Sleepzone Reviews

Bothar na mBan, Wood Quay, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Great sized room (was in a 4-bed ensuite), plenty of space for everyone. Same applies to the kitchen area - very spacious, clean and well set-out. Staff were great. Very knowledgeable about the area and were able to easily answer any queries.

• 3rd Apr 2015

One of the cleanest hostels I have ever been to. Nice to have breakfast included. Kitchen facilities were totally clean and fully equipped. Even towels were included in the price. The only thing which would have been great if it would be possible to tip the window.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Everything was very good, only the breakfast was the very minimum.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay last time we were there. This time was basically the same, same lovely helpful staff and clean well kept rooms but the overreactions of the security for miniscule "noise complaints" such as polite knocking on doors and letting doors shut themselves put a dampner on our visit as we were constantly watched to the point we were given noise complaints for when one person was in the room quietly reading. I would definitely reccomend the hostel but for the mental security.

• 2nd Apr 2015

After a short and easy five minute walk from the bus station I was received by the most friendly and helpful people I've met in Ireland. I felt very well taken care of and safe. The facilities were great! Comfy couches and lounges, free wifi, social kitchen area with lots of other backpackers to talk to. Bathrooms were very clean and well kept and I had respectful roommates. They also offered a day tour to the Cliffs for only €20 and it was a highlight of my trip. I can't wait to go back!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Great value of money when I booked it one week before, 15€ for a bed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. But it became too expensive when I extended it one more night during the weekend, 25€. Excellent is too mild a word to describe the service level. Very personal warm service... I was only there for 2 days, but I feel that they are my hosts instead of hostel staffs.

• Singapore

Some menbers of the staff very proffesional while others lacking basic customer skills. People allowed to smoke right in the very entrance of the building. No manager in the premises when required. Very noisy during the night. People very noisy drinking and slaming, with loud music in rooms. Some door im the rooms not up to standars producing very loud and disturbing noises in the morning.

Sleepzone is a great hostel! Super friendly staff and a great location in Galway! It's very close to everything there. Pros: 24-hour reception, free towels, you don't have to make the bed, international plugs in the common areas. Breakfast is just toast, tea, and coffee, but it's free, so that's nice. There's also the whole self-service kitchen. I stayed at their hostels in the Burren and Connemara, both of which are also nice.

During our 10 day trip along the south-west coast of Ireland we stayed, among others, in the Sleepzone Hostel in Galway. It was a very nice stay. The clean, open kitchen was perfect to cook a meal after a long journey. The staff was friendly and gave us tips to local pubs and events. The mixed dorm, where we stayed, was clean and WiFi was available in our room. The breakfast consists of toast and marmelade. All in all we can recommend this hostel if you're staying in Galway.

• 26th Mar 2015

Enjoyed my first stay in Ireland at the Sleepzone, was comfortable as I could be. Wish there were lockers in the room to lock up your bag. Also had an issue with the enquire bathroom toilet not flushing but it wasn't a problem just an annoyance. Otherwise great stay.

it was really nice because the staff was so friendly and helpfull. thank you for that.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Sleep zone was very clean and spacious. Had plenty of restrooms and showers on every floor, including the rooms. The staff was amazing! Very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect. Just minutes from the center of Galway and to the bus station. Definitely recommend! Can't wait to go back next year!

If been there 2 times now, what means I like the hostel. The bathroom was not really clean, but maybe this was also because of my roommates. The hostel is located right in the center, but not in the main street. It is not noisy in the night, but you are in the main street in 2 minutes. That's great!

Perfect place with silence to sleep well after a big journey. Very good tour to go to Cliffs of Moher that pick you up in front the hostel's door...easy and cheap. The breakfast is just a toasts with coffee and tea, but as you have coffee and tea for all day long...it is good value!

• 18th Mar 2015

2 nights in a private room for 2 persons cost 120 €. no normal window. no normal beds (only bunk beds). no furniture. to less space in the room. Sorry, fot this money, i expect more value!

There was only one pan for cooking in the apartment kitchen, which must be use by two seperate guest rooms. The rest was perfect, new and clean. They need a manual control for the underfloor heating, it was very warm ;-) They also should have a look to the terrace in the back, looks like a dump yard. Because some of their visitors doesn´t know, how they should behave. Otherwise... next time sleepzone´s apartment again :-)

We have a small terrace to the rear which is well maintained. The poorly kept area out beyond that is actually the neighbouring student accommodation. It's not ours and therefore unfortunately not something we can control :( Sleepzone

The only major problem we had was the fact that breakfast here meant bread... just bread. There was tea and coffee available all day which was nice. The kitchen area was nice to hang out in. The rooms and beds were pretty good. The ensuite bathroom was really nice to have in our 9 bed room. the wifi was pretty good. Location was sort of out of the way but not too bad.

Really good location, 5 minute walk to bars, shops and supermarket and in walking distance from the coach and train stations. Lots of lounge areas to relax in and kitchen and dining facilities were great. Shared bathrooms were average, a bit smelly but overall really enjoyed our stay here.

Staff were amazing, rooms kept clean, and the atmosphere was super welcoming. Highly recommended!

The hostel is nice and clean and the staff is very helpfull. I stayed in a double room, which was ok size for one person. It would have been really small for two people. The room was clean, but noisy (I could hear everything people were talking behind my window in the street). Also, the room was VERY cold, between 14-16 degrees. Sometimes I could feel a light breeze coming from the window. No complaints about the bathroom, expect that one evening no warm water came from the shower.