Sloth Backpackers Hostel and Bed & Breakfast

8.1
Fabulous 108 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
7th May 2017

The street in front is very loud with the trucks and cars; bring earplugs. Otherwise nice hostel, close to the city center, clean.

15th Mar 2017

Super clean and very organised. Great location, fantastic kitchen with free tea and coffee all day. Not a party hostel but if you're looking for calm, clean and hot showers, then this is for you.

15th Mar 2017

This is a very nice, we'll kept hostel.(even made beds) The breakfast was very good and surpassed my expectations. The owner-receptonist was very nice and helped us with our tours. Although it is listed online that cards are excepted, they are not. This wasn't an issue because she let us pay later. Don't expect to have any late nights here. The owner is a little over the top strict and watches guest like a hawk. All in all it was an enjoyable stay and I'd book it again. Great location is a plus.

13th Mar 2017

Great hostel. Breakfast was super, and they even cleaned the rooms while we were out. There's lockers that you can fit your stuff in and my 4 bedroom dorm had its own private bathroom. Loved my stay and would definitely stay here again if I came back to Monteverde.

7th Mar 2017
7.4

This was a good hostel, with the exception of the staff. The gal running the place was anything but friendly and welcoming. At check-in she was very short with me. My dorm mates had similar experiences. Additionally, she is VERY strict about her rules. They are laws, not guidelines. Quite time is 9:30 PM, on the dot! Absolutely no outside guests, unless you want to pay a $50 fine. I would recommend travelers stay at Nina's Place instead (I also stayed there). It's only a couple blocks away.

1st Mar 2017

No real common room.

• England, Female, 31-40
11th Jan 2017
6.9

Great location right in the middle of town, and really nice breakfast of pancakes, bacon, eggs fruit etc. Girl on reception very sweet, funny and helpful, and you can book any excursion that takes your fancy direct with them. Only real complaint is that my bed was damp?! The mattress itself. I appreciate the air up in a cloud forest is also damp but something needs to be done to rectify that as it wasn't comfortable to sleep in.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
31st Dec 2016
8.0

Central location in town. Helpful staff. We booked all of tours through the reception. Overall good experience!